PDA

View Full Version : Obama Down to 42%. 8 Point Drop In Three Weeks

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
With only weeks before the midterm election - Obama continues to sink in the polls

We can only hope he takes alot of Dems with him

CNN) – President Barack Obama is contending with the lowest approval rating of his 20-month presidency, a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll finds.

The president's approval rating now stands at 42 percent – an all time low in CNN polling and 8 points lower than where Obama was only three weeks ago. Moreover, 56 percent of all Americans think the president has fallen short of their expectations. (More poll results)

The president's sagging poll numbers couldn't come at a worse time for congressional Democrats, themselves facing a nine-point deficit in the so-called "generic ballot" question heading into the midterm elections. In fact, the president's approval rating is the same as that of President Clinton's in 1994 – the midterm election year that saw Republicans wrest control of both the House and Senate.

In even worse news for congressional Democrats, likely voters say they are considerably more likely to vote for a candidate the president opposes than one he supports. On the other hand, 50 percent of voters said they would be more likely to vote for a Tea Party-backed candidate while a third of Americans said Tea Party support would dissuade their vote for a candidate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/24/cnn-poll-obama-at-all-time-low/

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Democratic incumbents are smarter than you think. They're distancing themselves from the BO/Piglosi/Reid regime.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Democratic incumbents are smarter than you think. They're distancing themselves from the BO/Piglosi/Reid regime.

They can try

But they can't distance themselves from the results of what they allowed to happen for the last 2 years

Dems are finally getting how deep a hole they are in - but it is way to late

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't disagree with you totally, but I sense that there will be more of a voter campaign against incumbents in general and then against dems on a secondary basis.

Just my hunch.

I don't know what to make of the tea party shit either. While I tend to agree with this movement fundamentally, I can't help but think that this is the birth of yet another party that's more concerned with gaining power than serving the people.

Until there is effective political reform, the system will breed what it's been breeding for generations. Republi-T-crats.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't disagree with you totally, but I sense that there will be more of a voter campaign against incumbents in general and then against dems on a secondary basis.

Just my hunch.

I don't know what to make of the tea party shit either. While I tend to agree with this movement fundamentally, I can't help but think that this is the birth of yet another party that's more concerned with gaining power than serving the people.

Until there is effective political reform, the system will breed what it's been breeding for generations. Republi-T-crats.

You know what Nov 2 will be for Obama, Reid, and Pelosi?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85yMOPKR94M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85yMOPKR94M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Now if CONSERVATIVES will run things in Congress, maybe we can recover from the damage Obama and libs have inflicted on the country

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:25 PM
If conservatives gain the majority we will see what we saw the last time it happened during the 90's. They will depart from their conservative values - what they were voted into office for and focus on making the party even stronger by legislating for their benefit.

It's the nature of the system. Nothing gets fixed if conservatives gain power, it gets worse.

The best scenario, the least of all evils is that there is an even mix of conservatives and liberals in office. Check and balance thing and as much as I am opposed to most liberal ideology, I don't see any better scenario at this point.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:30 PM
If conservatives gain the majority we will see what we saw the last time it happened during the 90's. They will depart from their conservative values - what they were voted into office for and focus on making the party even stronger by legislating for their benefit.

It's the nature of the system. Nothing gets fixed if conservatives gain power, it gets worse.

The best scenario, the least of all evils is that there is an even mix of conservatives and liberals in office. Check and balance thing and as much as I am opposed to most liberal ideology, I don't see any better scenario at this point.

I doubt it. That is why they are running on repealing most of what Obama has rammed thru

That is why the liberal media is so desperate

The last thing we need is any conservatives working with libs. We get the likes of McCain, Collins, and Snow

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:37 PM
You have a very naive political view and that's my biggest concern with our political system. It's what it is because the voters have allowed it - and the voting populace is too ignorant, fat, lazy and stupid as a whole to allow anything else.

And the voters who can make an impact are far too gullible, influenced by the shit they read and hear on Faux News and the otherwise liberal media - and the shit that BO blows every time he gets behind the mic.

It's the same shit on both sides of the political spectrum. Those who have any kind of influence blow smoke up their audience's asses and herd the sheep and the sheep just march along in lock-step hurling insults at the opposition and refuse to think logically for themselves.

In this kind of environment, I just don't see any effective political reform happening and we're doomed to suffer through what we've been exposed to for generations. Inept, power hungry representation that legislates for their own benefit and not for the will of the people.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
You have a very naive political view and that's my biggest concern with our political system. It's what it is because the voters have allowed it - and the voting populace is too ignorant, fat, lazy and stupid as a whole to allow anything else.

And the voters who can make an impact are far too gullible, influenced by the shit they read and hear on Faux News and the otherwise liberal media - and the shit that BO blows every time he gets behind the mic.

It's the same shit on both sides of the political spectrum. Those who have any kind of influence blow smoke up their audience's asses and herd the sheep and the sheep just march along in lock-step hurling insults at the opposition and refusing to think logically for themselves.

In this kind of environment, I just don't see any effective political reform happening and we're doomed to suffer through what we've been exposed to for generations. Inept, power hungry representation that legislates for their own benefit and not for the will of the people.

So now it is back to the insults and personal attacks. You would fit in fine on the cocktail circuit in DC. Libs would hold you up as the perfect example of their typr of Republican

You would get a warm welcome of the Chris Matthews show, and puff pieces in the NY Times

As long as you stay in line, and keep your mouth shut until it is time to vote the way you are told by the Dem leaders

You remind me of my liberal co-woker. He always talks about working with the other party and reaching across party lines - as long as they roll over, dump their convections, and vote with the Dems

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:50 PM
What personal attacks? I simply stated that you have a naive view of politics, a fairly truthful statement. I did trash the voting populace though, but I'd hardly consider that a personal attack.

But thank you for proving my point, almost to the "T" with your subsequent rant, but really - it's exactly what I railed about. It's that kind of mentality that shows how stupid we are as a voting populace.

Pointing out to you that you commenced to label me as a liberal simply because my view of politics isn't as naive as yours is EXACTLY my point, but I'm convinced that you are far too institutionalized to realize that.

My last comment on the matter, you seem like a focused guy. Young, inexperienced but passionate nonetheless. If you added an element of objectivity to your passion, trust me - that would open a whole new world of objective and critical thinking for you.

Give it a shot.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
What personal attacks? I simply stated that you have a naive view of politics, a fairly truthful statement. I did trash the voting populace though, but I'd hardly consider that a personal attack.

But thank you for proving my point, almost to the "T" with your subsequent rant, but really - it's exactly what I railed about. It's that kind of mentality that shows how stupid we are as a voting populace.

Pointing out to you that you commenced to label me as a liberal simply because my view of politics isn't as naive as yours is EXACTLY my point, but I'm convinced that you are far too institutionalized to realize that.

My last comment on the matter, you seem like a focused guy. Young, inexperienced but passionate nonetheless. If you added an element of objectivity to your passion, trust me - that would open a whole new world of objective and critical thinking for you.

Give it a shot.

I would rather put up a real conservative and lose then back a RINO who will vote with Dems. It is better to have a debate over the real issues and real solutions then back off your principals

I said you remined me of my liberal coworker - not that you were a liberal

This crap we need to give up our core beliefs to get along with liberals has helped put us in the mess we are in

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Who said anything about giving up core beliefs?

You're still missing the point. As much as you want to label me a liberal in a sort of forum smear campaign, I'm a pretty conservative guy. The difference between you and I is that my eyes are wide open.

I don't need to defend my conservative beliefs to you or anyone, I am what I am and I'm comfortable with that, but by no way did I suggest that anyone be something that they're not, unless you're an institutionalized, unthinking sheep that is.

If you bothered to connect the dots, you'd see that I'm stating that our elected representatives are more concerned with their own political agendas than serving the people or adhering to the values and principles that they were elected for. That's been a historically proven fact and it will continue to go on until we put any kind of real political reform in place.

All this "cores and beliefs" bullshit is just that - fucking bullshit. Shit to get people to say "I'm voting for this guy". BO did it, conservatives did it during the GW terms, it's going on now and will continue to go on simply because it works.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Who said anything about giving up core beliefs?

You're still missing the point. As much as you want to label me a liberal in a sort of forum smear campaign, I'm a pretty conservative guy. The difference between you and I is that my eyes are wide open.

I don't need to defend my conservative beliefs to you or anyone, I am what I am and I'm comfortable with that, but by no way did I suggest that anyone be something that they're not, unless you're an institutionalized, unthinking sheep that is.

If you bothered to connect the dots, you'd see that I'm stating that our elected representatives are more concerned with their own political agendas than serving the people or adhering to the values and principles that they were elected for. That's been a historically proven fact and it will continue to go on until we put any kind of real political reform in place.

All this "cores and beliefs" bullshit is just that - fucking bullshit. Shit to get people to say "I'm voting for this guy". BO did it, conservatives did it during the GW terms, it's going on now and will continue to go on simply because it works.

I guess I "labeled" you a lib at the same time you said I posted ALL Chrysler workers were drinking on the job

You have more spin then a Maytag washer son

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 09:09 PM
It kinda irritates me in a way when I encounter bucket-carrying types like you who just don't get it. All I can do is try to impart some desire to think objectively but you can't force people to be something they're not.

It goes to show how influential our media is and how easily influenced the masses are, and it gives me little hope that our culture, our society will someday grow out of it's drunken slumber.

Well, enough of this. Hopefully somebody else logs on who can debate a political issue with a few grains of intelligence and thought instead of regurgitating shit they hear on Rush everyday. I'm bored.

Pagan
09-24-2010, 09:13 PM

Just my hunch.

Yep, you got it. People are waking up, granted slowly but they are finally waking up to the reality that there is no difference between the two party's. Both party's goal is to seize more power and that the voting populace are nothing more than cannon fodder that have been played for suckers for a very long time.

It's great seeing the aristocracy being voted out, maybe after about 8 or so cycles of firing these assholes we might be able to start cleaning up this mess.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
It kinda irritates me in a way when I encounter bucket-carrying types like you who just don't get it. All I can do is try to impart some desire to think objectively but you can't force people to be something they're not.

It goes to show how influential our media is and how easily influenced the masses are, and it gives me little hope that our culture, our society will someday grow out of it's drunken slumber.

Well, enough of this. Hopefully somebody else logs on who can debate a political issue with a few grains of intelligence and thought instead of regurgitating shit they hear on Rush everyday. I'm bored.

So now we are stupid if we do not join the "get along" crowd eh? IF you are a "conservative" please go somewhere else to be liked and admired by do gooder liberals

I admit I am a Reagan conservative and have no desire to work with liberals who are out force their liberalism on the country

We have seen what they could do in a short 2 year span, and if you want to have a "mix" of left and right then you must not be paying attention to what the hell is going on

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Yep, you got it. People are waking up, granted slowly but they are finally waking up to the reality that there is no difference between the two party's. Both party's goal is to seize more power and that the voting populace are nothing more than cannon fodder that have been played for suckers for a very long time.

It's great seeing the aristocracy being voted out, maybe after about 8 or so cycles of firing these assholes we might be able to start cleaning up this mess.

Right, Pagan - but the mindset is simply to vote the incumbents out. That's been a general reaction of voters during times of political chaos, but replacing the Kennedy's with the "new and improved" Kennedy's only buys you a little value during the short run. Over time, the elected legislators will gravitate to the power circles and personal agendas and it's back to square one.

Yeah, I know - I sound like a broken record already, but there needs to be political reform. Real political reform, otherwise it's the same old shit, just chopped up and warmed over.

red states rule
09-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Right, Pagan - but the mindset is simply to vote the incumbents out. That's been a general reaction of voters during times of political chaos, but replacing the Kennedy's with the "new and improved" Kennedy's only buys you a little value during the short run. Over time, the elected legislators will gravitate to the power circles and personal agendas and it's back to square one.

Yeah, I know - I sound like a broken record already, but there needs to be political reform. Real political reform, otherwise it's the same old shit, just chopped up and warmed over.

Yea, no difference at all

When did Republicnas demand people buy insurance or be fined and go to jail?

When did Republicans creat a trillion dollar stimulus slush fund for their poltiial supporters?

When did Republicans add more debt in 2 years then all the Presidents up to Reagan ?

When did Republicans have the federal government take over private sector companies?

Or when did Republicans ignore contract law and strong arm private companies to accept pennies on the dollar in a bankruptcy case and threaten those companies if they refused to roll over?

Pagan
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
]Yea, no difference at all

When did Republicnas demand people buy insurance or be fined and go to jail?

It's called Romneycare, you know the one that has been morphed into National Romneycare

When did Republicans creat a trillion dollar stimulus slush fund for their poltiial supporters?

Been going on for since the dawn of politic's, no one party holds the monopoly

When did Republicans add more debt in 2 years then all the Presidents up to Reagan ?

'Dubya

When did Republicans have the federal government take over private sector companies?
Or when did Republicans ignore contract law and strong arm private companies to accept pennies on the dollar in a bankruptcy case and threaten those companies if they refused to roll over?

'Dubya

actsnoblemartin
09-24-2010, 09:56 PM
the democrats and barrack obama might break up :laugh:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iUrzicaiRLU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iUrzicaiRLU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gaffer
09-24-2010, 11:01 PM

You say we need reform. How do we do that? The people who create the reforms are the ones in power. They can say they will reform the government, but once in they do as they please. What the teaparty wants is conservatives that WILL reform the government. All incumbents need to be voted out and replaced with new blood. And those that take office need to be told clearly, reform or your gone too.

It's getting close to time for a million man armed march on washington.

Sweetchuck
09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
You say we need reform. How do we do that? The people who create the reforms are the ones in power. They can say they will reform the government, but once in they do as they please. What the teaparty wants is conservatives that WILL reform the government. All incumbents need to be voted out and replaced with new blood. And those that take office need to be told clearly, reform or your gone too.

That's the conundrum, I don't disagree with you.

And I don't want to sound like Hog Trash, but your last point might be what's needed to create any kind of true reform, but even still - our society is far more concerned with their I-pods and Jeeps than political reform.

Remember that "contract with America" bullshit thing? Here's a thought, if a party would be formed - call it the "reform party". Their only purpose is to be elected and reform the political process. Term limits, spending limits, reduction of legislation (by half) and transparency. Now there is a party that I would support.

red states rule
09-25-2010, 05:28 AM
It's called Romneycare, you know the one that has been morphed into National Romneycare

Been going on for since the dawn of politic's, no one party holds the monopoly

'Dubya

'Dubya

No so Romney passed Obamacare? That is a new one

And back to Bush's fault.

Wow, you and Sweetness should get along fine

red states rule
09-25-2010, 05:32 AM

The coupkle RINOS here are beating their chests calling for reform - yet dismiss the folks that caused many incumbents to be voted out (both Republicans and Dems)

They bitch how they want reform but dismiss the very people who are trying to win their election to pass the reform in Congress

They spit on the "Pledge to America" then rant how they want things to change

Go figure

red states rule
09-25-2010, 06:16 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/168211.JPG

PostmodernProphet
09-25-2010, 06:53 AM

uh, what is the alternative you are suggesting.....that we leave the Democrats in control?....because the voters allowed THAT in the past......you had better consider your own naivete........

PostmodernProphet
09-25-2010, 06:56 AM

????...so a law passed in Massachusetts, one of the top three liberal states in the country, is "Republicans demanding people buy insurance or go to jail"?.....

red states rule
09-25-2010, 07:00 AM
uh, what is the alternative you are suggesting.....that we leave the Democrats in control?....because the voters allowed THAT in the past......you had better consider your own naivete........

If enough people stayed home and allowed Dems to keep control of Congress they would move even further to the left

Dems would say "see America really is a liberal country" and they their policies would make Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer look like Reagan conservatives

Gaffer
09-25-2010, 07:50 AM
The coupkle RINOS here are beating their chests calling for reform - yet dismiss the folks that caused many incumbents to be voted out (both Republicans and Dems)

They bitch how they want reform but dismiss the very people who are trying to win their election to pass the reform in Congress

They spit on the "Pledge to America" then rant how they want things to change

Go figure

That was my next thing to bring out.

While Palin is a repub, she is about reform. Same with O'donnell and a lot of other repub's that have been selected to run. The incumbents are being kicked to the curb. That's what the Tea Party is all about.

The pledge to America is another political ploy. It worked with the contract with America so they are trying it again. Like LIL ACORN said, lets see the signatures. And new members need to sign the pledge as soon as they take office. Like the pledge of allegiance maybe they should create a pledge to the people that must be recited every day, out loud, as a little reminder of who they work for.

I don't want compromise with the dems. I want dems removed from office at every opportunity. And I want rino's out with them.

red states rule
09-25-2010, 07:58 AM
That was my next thing to bring out.

While Palin is a repub, she is about reform. Same with O'donnell and a lot of other repub's that have been selected to run. The incumbents are being kicked to the curb. That's what the Tea Party is all about.

The pledge to America is another political ploy. It worked with the contract with America so they are trying it again. Like LIL ACORN said, lets see the signatures. And new members need to sign the pledge as soon as they take office. Like the pledge of allegiance maybe they should create a pledge to the people that must be recited every day, out loud, as a little reminder of who they work for.

I don't want compromise with the dems. I want dems removed from office at every opportunity. And I want rino's out with them.

The Tea Party is why I believe R's will shape up if they win this time. I do believe the last things R's want a year from now is a Tea Party rally AGAINST them for not living up to the Pledge

People will be watching when they take control

I want them to repeal all the crap Dems passed and let Obama veto it. Let Obama explain to the voters why he is telling them to piss off

Sweetchuck
09-25-2010, 03:15 PM

If you read all of my posts, you would have found the answer to your question.

Please try to keep up.

PostmodernProphet
09-25-2010, 04:44 PM
If you read all of my posts, you would have found the answer to your question.

Please try to keep up.
the only honest solution is to keep voting the bastards out.....but you seem disinclined at the moment.....

Sweetchuck
09-25-2010, 05:39 PM
the only honest solution is to keep voting the bastards out.....but you seem disinclined at the moment.....

Here - let me dumb it down for you.

You're driving along in the desert in your air cooled 1972 VW Bug. You break down, engine overheats so you push it to this garage that's out in the middle of nowhere. The guy says "Engine's shot, you need a new car - and luckily I have two you can choose from. One is the exact same car you have, 72 Bug. The other is a Honda Civic, still under warranty".

So you trade your broken Bug in for... another Bug.

red states rule
09-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Here - let me dumb it down for you.

You're driving along in the desert in your air cooled 1972 VW Bug. You break down, engine overheats so you push it to this garage that's out in the middle of nowhere. The guy says "Engine's shot, you need a new car - and luckily I have two you can choose from. One is the exact same car you have, 72 Bug. The other is a Honda Civic, still under warranty".

So you trade your broken Bug in for... another Bug.

Here - let me dumb it down for you????

You do sound like the McCain, Snow, and Collins wing of the Republican party

You have several habits Sweetness that many RINO's have. You lie about what people say when boxedinto a corner. You are extremely condescending towards people who want details from you. And you have refused to expalin your "conservative" views

Oh well, we will win this fight without you. In fact not having you on our side will make the fight easier.