PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi on the ropes???

namvet
09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I'd rather see it around her neck

Some Dems Won't Commit to Re-Upping Pelosi as Speaker

WASHINGTON — Even if Democrats retain a slim majority in the House this November, Speaker Nancy Pelosi could have an insurrection on her hands from moderate Democrats looking for a change in leadership.

Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss., who two weeks ago threw a colossal insult at his party by joining Republicans in a pledge to repeal the health care law, stepped out of line again over the weekend by telling a pair of Capitol Hill newspapers he wants someone other than Pelosi leading the chamber -- specifically pro-defense Rep. Ike Skelton, D-Mo.

source (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601531,00.html)

Little-Acorn
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Keep dreaming.

When the time comes, if Dems still have a majority in January, they will obediently fall into line, just like they did in 2007.

There's only one way to get rid of a King.

And guess why voting him/her out, doesn't work.

namvet
09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Keep dreaming.

When the time comes, if Dems still have a majority in January, they will obediently fall into line, just like they did in 2007.

There's only one way to get rid of a King.

And guess why voting him/her out, doesn't work.

and if the dems are not the majority???

Little-Acorn
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
and if the dems are not the majority???
Then she's out, of course. That's the best possible scenario.

But the OP was about a possible insurrection booting her out if the Dems retain a slim majority.

My point is, if the Dems have even a one-seat advantage, an "insurrection" is NOT possible. They will fall into line obediently, and she will be re-elected Speaker. Democrats ALWAYS march in lockstep when the chips are down. Every time, without exception.

DragonStryk72
09-28-2010, 02:05 AM
I'd rather see it around her neck

Some Dems Won't Commit to Re-Upping Pelosi as Speaker

source (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601531,00.html)

Wow, gotta give Taylor credit for balls on that one, though.

namvet
09-28-2010, 08:11 AM
I think most of the dems oppose her. she did tell them all to pass the deathcare bill. even if it cost ALL of them their jobs in nov. that's way over the line. so i think their loyalty to her is now streched to the limit. You can bet there are several more democrats who would like to see pelosi out as speaker. And probably every republican would like to see her bodily ejected from the building. Democrats from several states, including Texas, Ohio and North Carolina, have been running from Pelosi in campaigning since primary elections ended last week
..she's as toxic to that party as Osama is. nobody wants to be been seen with either.

jon_forward
09-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I saw on CNN this morning that Obama has stated that "IF" they, meaning the Democrats, loss their majority that it will mean the end of the his Democratic plan. My question is....WHAT PLAN!!!! Today he signed some bill that caters to most democrats, some entitlement of some sort. sorry I dont have all the info. things are getting very interesting in Washington Indeed!!!!

Little-Acorn
09-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Wow, gotta give Taylor credit for balls on that one, though.

Talk is cheap.

The Dems will say whatever it takes to get elected (so will most Republicans). But once the polls close, it's back to "Yes, Ma'am, you're the one, Ma'am, you know I didn't meant any of that stuff, Ma'am, it was just to get the rubes to vote for me, we all know what's really best for them, Ma'am, and which cheek did you want me to kiss first?"

red states rule
09-30-2010, 05:23 AM
I saw on CNN this morning that Obama has stated that "IF" they, meaning the Democrats, loss their majority that it will mean the end of the his Democratic plan. My question is....WHAT PLAN!!!! Today he signed some bill that caters to most democrats, some entitlement of some sort. sorry I dont have all the info. things are getting very interesting in Washington Indeed!!!!

In Obama's world all is well

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/09-29-10outlookRGB20100929043641.jpg