PDA

View Full Version : Inhumane Treatement Of Terrorists at GITMO

red states rule
09-28-2010, 04:37 AM
This is unacceptable. How dare the United States sink to the level of the terrorists!

Only ONE portion of ice cream per inmate??????????

We need to have public hearings on this outrage!!!!!!

Guantanamo Bay rations detainees’ ice cream portions

Detainees’ diets at Guantanamo Bay have been a controversial issue for some time and now the U.S. prison is said to be rationing ice cream.

The frozen dessert is allegedly being tightly measured, with only one ice cream allowed for each of its 147 detainees.

Journalist for The Miami Herald, Carol Rosenberg, photographed a refrigerator at Guantanamo, with two signs reading ‘DETAINEE FOOD ONLY’ and ‘Only 1 Ice Cream For each detainee!’

Rosenberg revealed: ‘Found this fridge for Guantanamo detainee food in the rotunda of Camp 6, the most populous of the U.S Navy base prison camps on Sept. 23, 2010 with nearly 90 captives.’

The report comes after much debate on the feeding of U.S. detainees suspected of terrorism, where under feeding in the past has angered human rights advocates.

‘Until recently the prison camps boasted on their website that they provide the 174 war on terror detainees with 5,500 – 6,000 calories a day’, Rosenberg wrote.

But early detainees were said to have been barely given enough food to survive, while others later tried to starve themselves by attempting hunger strikes.

The ice cream rationing has now led the journalist to question Guantanamo Bay’s motives, suspecting that it might be an attempt to reduce spending.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315347/Guantanamo-Bay-rations-detainees-ice-cream-portions.html

revelarts
09-28-2010, 06:39 AM
that's pretty funny.

It seems like for sometime now the conditions at Gitmo have improved.
However , the main thing at this point is that still many people are being held without trial. Red State would you be satisfied if you were sitting in prison for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, without a trial, as long as you got daily ice cream?

Nukeman
09-28-2010, 07:06 AM
that's pretty funny.

However , the main thing at this point is that still many people are being held without trial. Red State would you be satisfied if you were sitting in prison for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, without a trial, as long as you got daily ice cream?I take exception to this statement right here. Those "people" were not only "in the wrong place at the wrong time". They were caught in the middle of attacking US forces. These are not some random guy picked up off the street for shits and grins. Personaly with the rules of engagement I would have just shot them during the commition of the acts and been done with it.. we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I suppose the alternative wuold be preferable to you that they were killed in action?????

revelarts
09-28-2010, 07:28 AM
A hand full were in a battle, the 14 yr old boy is one but Many of the people where picked up on bounties, turned over the the U.S forces and put on planes to Cuba. Not after some firefight.

Many, I think over 600, detainees have been released already because they had nothing on them.

A few are real bad guys and those are suppose to get a trial one day, maybe, never. But i believe the majority still are "wrong place wrong time" and turned in for bounty money, types.

I can get the details for you later.

An article from the American Conservative Magazine just about the current situation.. more to come

...Gitmo’s population continues to trickle away, to a point. Over 600 prisoners have been let go, and of the 50 habeas petitions for release filed since the Boumediene decision in 2008, 36 have been granted. Were these really “the worst of the worst”? Hardly. Still, the Obama administration has announced that it will continue to hold some 45 detainees indefinitely without charges, one of George W. Bush’s most radical policies, now zealously defended by a smoother, smarter team of Democratic lawyers. This is exactly the kind of lawlessness that Harold Koh, a human-rights icon, used to condemn from his bully pulpit as dean of Yale Law. Now, as legal adviser to the Department of State, he’s tasked with justifying indefinite detention.

Of the roughly 180 remaining prisoners, Omar Khadr is the youngest. The 23-year-old is now in the midst of pretrial suppression hearings to determine whether his confession of throwing a grenade that killed a Special Forces medic is admissible as evidence. Few would deny that Khadr was tortured—one interrogator testified that he first laid eyes on the youth hooded and chained to the walls of his cell, standing with his shackled arms extended at head level. The only questions are how much torture, exactly what kind, for how long, and whether it contaminates the confession that Khadr later retracted. The first round of hearings afforded a clear vantage into the legal black hole that Guantanamo very much remains....
http://www.amconmag.com/article/2010/aug/01/00018/

red states rule
09-28-2010, 06:14 PM
that's pretty funny.

However , the main thing at this point is that still many people are being held without trial. Red State would you be satisfied if you were sitting in prison for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, without a trial, as long as you got daily ice cream?

It is amazing, dispite the number of released inmates from Gitmo that end up being recaptured on the battlefield- or being a homicde bombers and murdering innocent people. Yet there is always people around pleading their case

Tell me, if Obama does close Gitmo, are you willing to put a couple of those innocent, misunderstood freedom fighters up at your place?

Sweetchuck
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I support trial and punishment for the guilty.

revelarts
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
It is amazing, dispite the number of released inmates from Gitmo that end up being recaptured on the battlefield- or being a homicde bombers and murdering innocent people. Yet there is always people around pleading their case

Tell me, if Obama does close Gitmo, are you willing to put a couple of those innocent, misunderstood freedom fighters up at your place?

600 bombers and recaptured red, i dont think so?
be specific how many? where?
how many are just back a home with there families trying to forget the whole thing? Will you admit that the vast majority were innocent or do the facts matter.

I don't want to put you up in my house either but it doesn't mean i want you in jail for no good reason.

Why do you want to hold innocent people at all Red?

red states rule
09-29-2010, 03:45 AM
600 bombers and recaptured red, i dont think so?
be specific how many? where?
how many are just back a home with there families trying to forget the whole thing? Will you admit that the vast majority were innocent or do the facts matter.

I don't want to put you up in my house either but it doesn't mean i want you in jail for no good reason.

Why do you want to hold innocent people at all Red?

There is a something every prison has in common. All the inmates are "innocent"

As far as the bleeding hearts helping the terrorists.........

WASHINGTON: Dozens of released Guantanamo detainees have returned to the battlefield, US Senator Dianne Feinstein said on Sunday, as she urged the Barack Obama administration not to release more inmates from the war-on-terror prison camp.

Feinstein said this while talking on a television programme. She said a third of former inmates at the US naval base have returned to fight against US interests. She added they hailed from Yemen, which is the new focal point in the US fight against terrorism.

“I think at least 24 or 28 are confirmed returned to the battlefield in Yemen, and a number are suspected ... If you combine the suspected and the confirmed, the number I have is 74 detainees who have gone back into the fight,” said Feinstein, head of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Not rehabilitation: “I think the Gitmo experience is not one that leads to rehabilitation,” she added.

Her views were seconded by Congressman Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee.

“These people are released and a number of them go back to the battlefield. They form the corps of people who want to attack the United States. It’s a national security, homeland security issue,” he said.

These remarks came just days after a Pentagon spokesman confirmed that an increasing number of former detainees from the US prison in Guantanamo have forged links to terrorist groups after their release. But he had said last week that the figure remained “classified”. However, he added that according to a report by the Defence Department, 14 percent of the detainees were suspected of having forged ties with terrorists.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010%5C01%5C11%5Cstory_11-1-2010_pg7_4

revelarts
09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Most of the people in jail do have one advantage.
they had a trail, sometimes 2 or 3. With witnesses, that brought something called evidence.

So 86% have NOT "returned to the battlefield". or "Forged ties" with terrorist.
So were in agreement most were/are innocent.

And yes those bleeding hearts, GW Bush, Cheny, And Rumsfield did most of the releasing. If they had acted legally, according to the rules we want other nations to abide by, then they wouldn't have had to let them go.

ANd don't give me the stuff about terrorist don't follow the rules, right that's why they are called terrorist. If we want to ask like them then we are a terrorists nation a criminal nation. Not a constitutional republic. if your willing to go there Red. fine. I get it. you don't believe it's possible for 300million people to be a nation of laws AND beat the terrorist. And it's not worth it trying to preserve our standards in the face of this insurmountable evil of -gulp- "74 core" guys. Whos names, pictures, fingerprints, shoe size, contacts and general locations we have.

I think we can, maybe that's where we really disagree my friend.

Mr. P
09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Maybe you Gitmo whiners would rather have this type justice.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LD4zRszg5cQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

red states rule
09-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Most of the people in jail do have one advantage.
they had a trail, sometimes 2 or 3. With witnesses, that brought something called evidence.

So 86% have NOT "returned to the battlefield". or "Forged ties" with terrorist.
So were in agreement most were/are innocent.

And yes those bleeding hearts, GW Bush, Cheny, And Rumsfield did most of the releasing. If they had acted legally, according to the rules we want other nations to abide by, then they wouldn't have had to let them go.

ANd don't give me the stuff about terrorist don't follow the rules, right that's why they are called terrorist. If we want to ask like them then we are a terrorists nation a criminal nation. Not a constitutional republic. if your willing to go there Red. fine. I get it. you don't believe it's possible for 300million people to be a nation of laws AND beat the terrorist. And it's not worth it trying to preserve our standards in the face of this insurmountable evil of -gulp- "74 core" guys. Whos names, pictures, fingerprints, shoe size, contacts and general locations we have.

I think we can, maybe that's where we really disagree my friend.

Tell this to the family memebers of the people murdered by those released from Gitmo

OBL said he would use the US Justice system against us - and people like you are hleping make that statement come true

You can't win a war with lawbooks perhaps one day you will understand that

revelarts
09-30-2010, 05:22 AM
So innocents is not a factor.
And there's only 2 choices, treat prisoners badly or kill them.
Sure P it could be worse. But I'm not so sure that's not happening from time to time in afghan and Iraq.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QgZiQESK7qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QgZiQESK7qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

goes on all the time maybe "it war"

red states rule
09-30-2010, 05:25 AM
So innocents is not a factor.
And there's only 2 choices, treat prisoners badly or kill them.
Sure P it could be worse. But I'm not so sure that's not happening from time to time in afghan and Iraq.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QgZiQESK7qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QgZiQESK7qw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

goes on all the time maybe "it war"

Yea, they are treated so badly

One portion of ice cream is such torture!!

The major difference I see betwwen them and the people they take hostgae is, the inmates at Gitmo are still breathing

Sertes
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
I take exception to this statement right here. Those "people" were not only "in the wrong place at the wrong time". They were caught in the middle of attacking US forces. These are not some random guy picked up off the street for shits and grins.

How do you tell? Those people doesn't have charges brought against them, they can see no lawyer, so: how do you tell? Faith? Trust?

DragonStryk72
09-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I take exception to this statement right here. Those "people" were not only "in the wrong place at the wrong time". They were caught in the middle of attacking US forces. These are not some random guy picked up off the street for shits and grins. Personaly with the rules of engagement I would have just shot them during the commition of the acts and been done with it.. we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I suppose the alternative wuold be preferable to you that they were killed in action?????

Were they? Where's the evidence? Where's the due process? They were apprised of their rights? They were allowed to consult a Lawyer? They were allowed to plead not guilty?

Killing the terrorists in the field would have been far more humane than Gitmo. Gitmo is just one more thing the terrorists point to and go, "See, we were right."

It isn't A or B, period. Don't bring that weak argument here, like we can't do anything except either just release them, or piss on our ethics. We didn't have to waterboard them, we did not have to jail them without any due process. If we have to commit acts like this, then you are saying they so insanely strong that we have to abandon our morals and ethics to combat them. Are you?

Gaffer
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Were they? Where's the evidence? Where's the due process? They were apprised of their rights? They were allowed to consult a Lawyer? They were allowed to plead not guilty?

Killing the terrorists in the field would have been far more humane than Gitmo. Gitmo is just one more thing the terrorists point to and go, "See, we were right."

It isn't A or B, period. Don't bring that weak argument here, like we can't do anything except either just release them, or piss on our ethics. We didn't have to waterboard them, we did not have to jail them without any due process. If we have to commit acts like this, then you are saying they so insanely strong that we have to abandon our morals and ethics to combat them. Are you?

How about we just put a bullet in their heads and feed them to the sharks. The only ones pointing at gitmo are you and rev. sertes points at it too, but he doesn't even know what planet he's on.

red states rule
10-01-2010, 03:32 AM

OMG I can't believe people like you actually believe the crap you post. Killing them is MORE humane then Giotmo? The bastards get three meals a day, prayer rugs, recreation, books, movies, games, and medical care at Gitmo. Inmates have gained weight, and some like it so much they do not to leave and go home

I am still waiting for you bleeding hearts to tell me about ONE terrorist who became a terrorist because of Gitmo

Please show me one guy who was at home with his family, saw a news report about Gitmo, and told his wife he was leaving to take up arms against America becasue of this "outrage"

Now you want our troops to read the terrorists their Miranda rights when they pick them up? Or seal off the battleground to send in the forensic team so the defense can build their case?

Give me a break!!

Baksheesh
10-01-2010, 04:13 AM
they deserve some love and respect, give them a taste of america and they'll come clean. no need to unleash Dick Cheney on them.

red states rule
10-01-2010, 04:15 AM
they deserve some love and respect, give them a taste of america and they'll come clean. no need to unleash Dick Cheney on them.

They deserve a bullet in the head and buried with a box of Jimmy Dean sausage

Baksheesh
10-01-2010, 04:17 AM
They deserve a bullet in the head and buried with a box of Jimmy Dean sausage

:lame2: Yu couldn't shoot an elephant sittin on a knatz ass. :dance::laugh2::dance:

red states rule
10-01-2010, 04:21 AM
:lame2: Yu couldn't shoot an elephant sittin on a knatz ass. :dance::laugh2::dance:

Here, allow me to make you feel welcome and at home

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/113584.jpg

Baksheesh
10-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Here, allow me to make you feel welcome and at home

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/113584.jpg

Dat ur congresman. What his name, Kalied Shake Repudlickin :dance:

red states rule
10-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Dat ur congresman. What his name, Kalied Shake Repudlickin :dance:

The towel heads have bitten off more then they can chew and I am happy to have the US military send all them to Allah ASAP

Baksheesh
10-01-2010, 04:35 AM
The towel heads have bitten off more then they can chew and I am happy to have the US military send all them to Allah ASAP

red states rule
10-01-2010, 04:41 AM

You do not know much about the US military. Allow me to educate you

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/imaomil600.jpg