PDA

View Full Version : Causes of Terrorism -

abso
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
United States Violence on Terrorism
Tan Nguyen

Parts from the Article:

As the United Statescontinues what it calls its“war against terrorism,” one can’t help but wonder if such a war is misguided. After all, if the United States is truly looking to eradicate terrorism, perhaps it should direct its attention to within its borders, or more specifically, within the confines of its government.

In 1986, the United States was found guilty by the World Court of “unlawful use of violence” (international terrorism) for its actions in Nicaragua. The United States then promptly vetoed a Security Council resolution calling on all states to adhere to international law.

Some will argue that 1986 is now distant history. The government has learned from its egregious mistakes and surely has not repeated them since. If only this were true. One need to only look at the Clinton administration’s 1998 bombing of the Al-Shifa plant in Sudan to find U.S. terrorism. The bombing of Sudan, a response to the U.S. embassy bombings in Africa, was responsible for an large amount of deaths. To measure the death toll, it is necessary to examine not only the amount of deaths produced by the bombings, but also those deaths directly related to the bombings, that is the deaths caused by the eradication of the Al-Shifa plant.

Therefore, it is not so surprising that Osama Bin Laden’s popularity rose after the Al-Shifa bombing. This horrible incident, along with U.S. policy in Iraq in the past ten years, has devastated Iraq’s civilian population while strengthening Saddam Hussein. The U.S. egregiously supported Hussein during his gassing of the Kurds in 1988 which provided Bin Laden with a way to defend his irrational hatred of the United States. Perhaps the only way to counter the United States’ terrorism, is with terrorism of one’s own.

If the United States is to continue its war on terrorism, it should perhaps aim its war not at Osama Bin Laden or Iraq (what many predict is next on the U.S.’s list), but rather at itself. It is only by eradicating its status as the world’s leading terrorist state, that the U.S. can eradicate terrorism.

Rest of the Article:
http://www.causes-of-terrorism.net/usviolence.htm (http://www.causes-of-terrorism.net/usviolence.htm)

Additional Resource on Al-Shifa Plant Bombing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shifa_pharmaceutical_factory

jimnyc
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
What causes terrorism? Filthy muslims who pervert a book they call "holy" and use it to justify killing in the name of allah. Nothing before that "causes" terrorism - it's caused by nothing more than radical scumbags.

darin
09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Only terrorists willingly strap bombs to themselves and blow up the innocent in the name of Allah. Nobody forces them to do what they feel obligated to do by their deity.

Abbey Marie
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
You know what supports Terrorism? A religion/culture which would never allow people to write publicly against it, as the OP has done here.

Gaffer
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Another muslim propaganda piece. Doesn't matter who wrote it, its the same old shit. abso you need some different material.

abso
09-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Did anyone made any effore in reading the article, or reading about Al-Shifa attack ???

if you are not ready to debate about the facts, then dont reply and keep your useless reply to yourself, because it will not contribute to the topic in any aspect, saying that this is propaganda, or insulting muslims or anything like that, wont be useful, so just save the effort and dont reply if its useless talk.

Kathianne
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Did anyone made any effore in reading the article, or reading about Al-Shifa attack ???

if you are not ready to debate about the facts, then dont reply and keep your useless reply to yourself, because it will not contribute to the topic in any aspect, saying that this is propaganda, or insulting muslims or anything like that, wont be useful, so just save the effort and dont reply if its useless talk.

Facts? Seems both at the time and after, Clinton had done his utmost to 'look strong on terror', while going insane trying to avoid casualties. In actuality that is what Americans in general want, he was right.

Kathianne
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Facts? Seems both at the time and after, Clinton had done his utmost to 'look strong on terror', while going insane trying to avoid casualties. In actuality that is what Americans in general want, he was right.

Many here, including myself, thought he should have struck much more strongly.

Truth is, I think he should have done so. I also thing Bush I should have knocked out Saddam in Gulf War.

Sir Evil
09-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Causes of Terrorism

Loosen the turban a bit! That is what causes one to become a terrorist in the first place.

Sweetchuck
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
What causes terrorism? Filthy muslims who pervert a book they call "holy" and use it to justify killing in the name of allah. Nothing before that "causes" terrorism - it's caused by nothing more than radical scumbags.

Agreed.

Noir
09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Stoping one group of people from committing genocide on another is a cause of terrorism. Read up on East Timor yet?

Pagan
09-30-2010, 12:28 AM

Truth is, I think he should have done so. I also thing Bush I should have knocked out Saddam in Gulf War.

Disagree, very much so. The coalition was fragile and if we went in our so called allies and host country's would have turned on us in a heartbeat. Plus Bush I also knew that toppling Saddam would have thrown that entire region into complete chaos.

We did our job and left, watching my back with our so called allies wasn't what I would call a stable enough situation to occupy Iraq.

hjmick
09-30-2010, 01:37 AM

Saddam should have been dealt with during the first Gulf war. Since that didn't happen, Bush II should have waited until things were wrapped up in Afghanistan before whacking Iraq. At least that has always been my opinion.

abso
09-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Stoping one group of people from committing genocide on another is a cause of terrorism. Read up on East Timor yet?

i will read about it, be sure that i will do, but anyway, i didnt mention it as a cause of hatred.

i mentioned Al-Shifa factory attack, so have you read about it, i already provided the sources.

abso
09-30-2010, 06:31 AM

was Al-Shifa attack a justified attack or not ?, was it right or wrong ?

the link your provide, proves in everyway that all the evidence that USA had was not enough, and wasnt solid at all, it was very weak case.

Noir
09-30-2010, 07:06 AM
i will read about it, be sure that i will do, but anyway, i didnt mention it as a cause of hatred.

i mentioned Al-Shifa factory attack, so have you read about it, i already provided the sources.

Having given it q brief overview I will never know it it was justified or not, the US claim the plant had terrorist links, the plant owners claim not (but then, both sides would) so there are gray areas that I (and you) will never know about unless memos from either side are leaked that prove one way or the other.

What is not in despute however, and is as clear as an unmudded lake is that AQ use the fact that they were not able to commit genocide in East Temor as justification in terrorising the 'west'

red states rule
10-01-2010, 05:04 AM

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/imaoter-back600.jpg

namvet
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
United States Violence on Terrorism
Tan Nguyen

Parts from the Article:

As the United Statescontinues what it calls its“war against terrorism,” one can’t help but wonder if such a war is misguided. After all, if the United States is truly looking to eradicate terrorism, perhaps it should direct its attention to within its borders, or more specifically, within the confines of its government.

In 1986, the United States was found guilty by the World Court of “unlawful use of violence” (international terrorism) for its actions in Nicaragua. The United States then promptly vetoed a Security Council resolution calling on all states to adhere to international law.

Some will argue that 1986 is now distant history. The government has learned from its egregious mistakes and surely has not repeated them since. If only this were true. One need to only look at the Clinton administration’s 1998 bombing of the Al-Shifa plant in Sudan to find U.S. terrorism. The bombing of Sudan, a response to the U.S. embassy bombings in Africa, was responsible for an large amount of deaths. To measure the death toll, it is necessary to examine not only the amount of deaths produced by the bombings, but also those deaths directly related to the bombings, that is the deaths caused by the eradication of the Al-Shifa plant.

Therefore, it is not so surprising that Osama Bin Laden’s popularity rose after the Al-Shifa bombing. This horrible incident, along with U.S. policy in Iraq in the past ten years, has devastated Iraq’s civilian population while strengthening Saddam Hussein. The U.S. egregiously supported Hussein during his gassing of the Kurds in 1988 which provided Bin Laden with a way to defend his irrational hatred of the United States. Perhaps the only way to counter the United States’ terrorism, is with terrorism of one’s own.

If the United States is to continue its war on terrorism, it should perhaps aim its war not at Osama Bin Laden or Iraq (what many predict is next on the U.S.’s list), but rather at itself. It is only by eradicating its status as the world’s leading terrorist state, that the U.S. can eradicate terrorism.

Rest of the Article:
http://www.causes-of-terrorism.net/usviolence.htm (http://www.causes-of-terrorism.net/usviolence.htm)

Additional Resource on Al-Shifa Plant Bombing:

if you're a muslim you should know his name is Usama not osama.

IF your a muslim

abso
10-05-2010, 01:51 AM
if you're a muslim you should know his name is Usama not osama.

IF your a muslim

being a muslim doesnt mean that i must have perfect english, my mother lanuage is arabic as you may know, so why do you expect me to have perfect english language !!!

namvet
10-05-2010, 08:06 AM
being a muslim doesnt mean that i must have perfect english, my mother lanuage is arabic as you may know, so why do you expect me to have perfect english language !!!

now how in the FUCK would i know your momma???? and why the FUCK should i give a rats ass about some stupid muslim that's here to blame us for the worlds problems.

get lost. find another forum to spread your lies.

abso
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
now how in the FUCK would i know your momma???? and why the FUCK should i give a rats ass about some stupid muslim that's here to blame us for the worlds problems.

get lost. find another forum to spread your lies.

none asked you to read my posts, i dont need radical people like you who hate the other side to read my articles, if you are not willing to debate in a respectful manner, then go away and dont reply to me.

i never disrespect anyone here, posting articles is not disrespect, and i never blamed anyone for the problems of the world, and i certainly havent blamed you for anything at all, i just blame USA or Israel for the problems that they cause, like you blame Usama for 9/11.

revelarts
11-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Terrorism is a real problem but not the immanent horror we seem to make it.

After 9/11, the fear of another attack on U.S. soil cleanly supplanted the fear of having one`s penis chopped off by a vengeful lover in the pantheon of irrational American fears.

While we`re constantly being told that another attack is imminent and that radical Islamic fundamentalists are two steps away from establishing a caliphate in Branson, Missouri, just how close are they? How do the odds of dying in a terrorist attack stack up against the odds of dying in other unfortunate situations?

The following ratios were compiled using data from 2004 National Safety Council Estimates, a report based on data from The National Center for Health Statistics and the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 2003 mortality data from the Center for Disease Control was used.

-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

jimnyc
11-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Terrorism is a real problem but not the immanent horror we seem to make it.

Are you including terrorism outside of the US? There have been 16,319 terror attacks since 9/11 performed by muslims. I would say whoever made the odds you speak of are only including the US. Do we close our eyes and ears if it's not on our soil?

(http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

revelarts
11-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Are you including terrorism outside of the US? There have been 16,319 terror attacks since 9/11 performed by muslims. I would say whoever made the odds you speak of are only including the US. Do we close our eyes and ears if it's not on our soil?

(http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

Then you'd need to count the rate of all those other items world wide as well. the %'s would be more in some area less in others i'm sure but still pretty significant don't you think?

16,000+ people is nothing to gloss over but in the cold eye of overall numbers, it's not something that should have the prominence as a top priority fear it's exploited to be.

jimnyc
11-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Then you'd need to count the rate of all those other items world wide as well. the %'s would be more in some area less in others i'm sure but still pretty significant don't you think?

16,000+ people is nothing to gloss over but in the cold eye of overall numbers, it's not something that should have the prominence as a top priority fear it's exploited to be.

It's not 16,000 people - that's 16,000 ATTACKS since 9/11. I'd almost not want to hear the total amount of deaths caused by muslim extremist terror attacks since 9/11.

jimnyc
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Let me add a list like yours!

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years.

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years.

revelarts
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
whered you get the numbers for the 1st 2.
what are they counting? Are they counting "battlefield" deaths too. the numbers sound a bit inflated.

jimnyc
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
whered you get the numbers for the 1st 2.
what are they counting? Are they counting "battlefield" deaths too. the numbers sound a bit inflated.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

And NO, battlefield deaths were specifically left out. Each and every death is listed from 9/11 forward. I went through a few different years and did searches and have yet to find any attacks listed there as false.

Here is what they have on their site about the lists:

This list (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks) of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims since 9/11/01 (a rate of about four or five a day) is incomplete because only a small percentage of attacks are picked up by international news sources, even those resulting in multiple loss of life.

These are not incidents involving nominal Muslims killing for money or personal pride. This is not ordinary crime. We include incidents of deadly violence that can reasonably be determined to have been committed out of religious duty (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/In-The-Name-of-Allah.htm) - as interpreted by the perpetrator.

We usually list only attacks that result in loss of life (with a handful of exceptions). In several cases, the victims are undercounted because deaths from trauma caused by the Islamists may occur in later days, despite the best efforts of medical personnel to keep the victims alive.
We usually don't include incidents related to combat, such as in Iraq and Afghanistan, unless it involves particularly heinous terror tactics. Unprovoked sniper, drive-by or roadside bombing attacks on military personnel serving normal police duties are sometimes included depending on the circumstances.

We acknowledge that a handful of incidents on the list may not fit the traditional definition of 'terror attack.' A small portion, for example, are of honor killings - although we very rarely include those in which a woman is killed by their husband, since this is often indistinguishable from a crime of passion (barring explicit circumstances).

Unfortunately, this list of Muslim terrorist attacks barely scratches the surface of atrocities committed in the name of Islam occurring world-wide each day. For that reason, we don't tally up the dead and dismembered, except on a weekly and monthly basis.

As an example, most news articles on the violence in Southern Thailand note that about 900 people were killed in 2005. We estimate that 150 of these deaths are of the Islamic militants themselves, which means they killed some 750 people that year. But TROP only recorded the deaths of 314. We underreported more than half the casualties in a country with a decent news infrastructure. Imagine what we don't catch in the Sudan, where the overall toll has run into the hundreds of thousands!

The ridiculous level of violence that Islam serves up to the world makes it impossible to compile a complete list.

The incidents are collected each day from public news sources. There is no rumor or word-of-mouth involved. Although every attempt is made to be accurate and consistent, we are not making the claim that this is a scientific product.

abso
11-09-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

i wont consdier that side a valid source, its just a site that was formed for only one reason, increasing the hatred towards islam, please find other sources, sources which does not concentrate only on hating islam, be objective in your debate.

more than 16000 terrorist attack is not a number that anyone would believe, how many days have passed since 9/11 !!!, you are saying that about 4-5 attacks happen everyday ???, how many attack do you read or hear about everyday ??, do you count every little crime or murder committed by a muslim wutever its reason was and whoever the target is, so when a muslim is pissed from his boss and kills him, he is a terrorist, but when a christian does the same then he is just murderer !!!, if thats your point then count all the murders committed by christians everyday too, and you would find the numbers more suprising.

jimnyc
11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/)

i wont consdier that side a valid source, its just a site that was formed for only one reason, increasing the hatred towards islam, please find other sources, sources which does not concentrate only on hating islam, be objective in your debate.

more than 16000 terrorist attack is not a number that anyone would believe, how many days have passed since 9/11 !!!, you are saying that about 4-5 attacks happen everyday ???, how many attack do you read or hear about everyday ??, do you count every little crime or murder committed by a muslim wutever its reason was and whoever the target is, so when a muslim is pissed from his boss and kills him, he is a terrorist, but when a christian does the same then he is just murderer !!!, if thats your point then count all the murders committed by christians everyday too, and you would find the numbers more suprising.

Each and every filthy muslim terror attack is listed on the site since 9/11, you stupid fuck. Why don't you prove to us that what they are listing on the site is wrong rather than parroting your pedophile loving bullshit around here. Can't handle the fact that so many people are killing in the name of allah on an almost daily basis around the globe? This site has been passed around forums for years now, and neither sympathizing liberals or filthy muslims have yet been able to dispute anything posted there.

SpidermanTUba
11-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Right, just keep ignoring reality.

jimnyc
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM

The sad reality is that what I said was spot on, and a sadder reality is that you and a shitload of others fucked in the head just like you still don't see it.

Noir
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM

And what about tye reality of East Timor?

SpidermanTUba
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
The sad reality is that what I said was spot on,

No it isn't. The causes of terrorism are far more complicated than your pedestrian explanation provides.

SpidermanTUba
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
And what about tye reality of East Timor?

What about it?

Noir
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM
What about it?

Right, as a brief summery (though I do emplore you to look up Te detail yourself)

Indonesia (Islamic) committed genocide in East Timor (Mostly Christian) at first the US support, eventually the US and UN stepped in, and stopped the genocide, and did what they could to secure East Timor.

For this (it is declared by Bin Laden) they West can not be forgiven, because they 'stole' a republic from Islam. The reason that was given for the Bali Bombing terrorist attack was the Wests actions in East Timor to STOP GENOCIDE.

In other words, stoping genocide causes terrorism.

Does that mean we should just let Islamic states commit genocide at will in order to try and not provoke terrorism?

That is the reaiity of the causes.

Thunderknuckles
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
It seems to me that the arguements presented here have nothing to do with the actual causes of terrorism and more to do with justifying/vilifying the actions of a particular side in a given conflict.

The general cause of terrorism is simple from my perspective:
One side in a given conflict does not have anything close to the means of combatting their stated enemy on a conventional battle field and thus resorts to alternate means of combat. In the case of terrorism, it is targetting non-combatants in an attempt to demoralize your enemy from wanting to further engage you.

That's how I see it in a very general sense. I suppose I could comment on an individual conflict but I have already had a few beers and to do so would take more effort than I am willing to give at the moment :laugh: