PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's May Drop Health Plan

BoogyMan
09-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Can anyone actually say they didn't see this coming? The dominoes will start to fall ever more quickly as Obama's folly begins to be played out upon the people of America.

Link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703431604575522413101063070.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection)

McDonald's Corp. has warned federal regulators that it could drop its health insurance plan for nearly 30,000 hourly restaurant workers unless regulators waive a new requirement of the U.S. health overhaul.

The move is one of the clearest indications that new rules may disrupt workers' health plans as the law ripples through the real world.

Trade groups representing restaurants and retailers say low-wage employers might halt their coverage if the government doesn't loosen a requirement for "mini-med" plans, which offer limited benefits to some 1.4 million Americans.

The requirement concerns the percentage of premiums that must be spent on benefits.

While many restaurants don't offer health coverage, McDonald's provides mini-med plans for workers at 10,500 U.S. locations, most of them franchised. A single worker can pay $14 a week for a plan that caps annual benefits at $2,000, or about $32 a week to get coverage up to $10,000 a year.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
How could these morons, uh, I mean liberals, not know that companies often downsize because of health care costs? And they want to raise them.
A 10 year old could figure out that this will be a disaster.

hjmick
09-30-2010, 05:53 PM
McDonald's has health care?

Bastards didn't have it when I worked there...

Sweetchuck
09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
McDonalds shouldn't provide healthcare.

People who flip burgers for a living shouldn't expect benefits.

Mr. P
09-30-2010, 10:41 PM
McDonald's has health care?

Bastards didn't have it when I worked there...
Yeah, when I worked there we had paper pads and a pencil to take orders and actually had to do a lil math and make change without the fancy (computerized) cash registers they have now days. Health care? Ours was a free meal on shift. :laugh:

Baksheesh
10-01-2010, 03:33 AM

:lame2:

Well i do not see why not, fast food workers rake in billions so they deserve insurance. What would you say if you were denied? Just cuz ur right doesn't mean ur right. Make a left turn and get soome sense in ur noggit.

red states rule
10-01-2010, 03:34 AM

Gee, that is so liberal of you Sweets. YOU decide who gets what and from whom

With Obama's economic polcies they are lucky to get a job flipping burgers

namvet
10-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Osama makes a big mac attack. and now the muzzies will take over and serve fried camel balls

red states rule
10-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Osama makes a big mac attack. and now the muzzies will take over and serve fried camel balls

Once again, many people said employers would no longer offer health insurance to their employees - the liberals and their supporters in the media attacked them - are proven right one more time

Something tels you will NOT hear about this on the nightly programs on MSNBC (unless they "report" how a greedy blood sucking corporations are trying to screw over Obama by no longer offering coverage to their employees)

namvet
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Once again, many people said employers would no longer offer health insurance to their employees - the liberals and their supporters in the media attacked them - are proven right one more time

Something tels you will NOT hear about this on the nightly programs on MSNBC (unless they "report" how a greedy blood sucking corporations are trying to screw over Obama by no longer offering coverage to their employees)

PMSNBC can go blow itself. we are all feeling out nuts squeezed by Osama. the craps are in deep shit and they know it. they may try to push the boulder up hill but I think they're prepared for the pinks slips.
the will probably try a mis diirection play or two. epic fail. this country has had it

red states rule
10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
PMSNBC can go blow itself. we are all feeling out nuts squeezed by Osama. the craps are in deep shit and they know it. they may try to push the boulder up hill but I think they're prepared for the pinks slips.
the will probably try a mis diirection play or two. epic fail. this country has had it

In another couiple weeks (just in time for the election) people will be seeing how much MORE they will be paying for their coverage in 2011

It is amazing Obama still has about 43% of people approving of his job performance

namvet
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM
In another couiple weeks (just in time for the election) people will be seeing how much MORE they will be paying for their coverage in 2011

It is amazing Obama still has about 43% of people approving of his job performance

those are libtards that have to support they're loser. who's fault is it again???? all i hear now is crickets

red states rule
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
those are libtards that have to support they're loser. who's fault is it again???? all i hear now is crickets

Who's fault is it? Well according to the liberal media (and probably Sweets)

1) Fox News

2) Rush, Beck, and talk radio

3) greedy corporations who are not hiring

4) greedy banks who are not lending

5) racists who can't accept a black man as President

6) people who were expecting way too much from Obama

Need more?

Sweetchuck
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Gee, that is so liberal of you Sweets. YOU decide who gets what and from whom

With Obama's economic polcies they are lucky to get a job flipping burgers

So you support burdening your beloved wealthy capitalists with having to provide health benefits to unskilled laborers?

And you call yourself a conservative.

Seriously, if you understood any of the concepts you try to discuss, you would realize how idiotic you come across.

red states rule
10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
So you support burdening your beloved wealthy capitalists with having to provide health benefits to unskilled laborers?

Seriously, if you understood any of the concepts you try to discuss, you would realize how idiotic you come across.

Once again you are forced to lie about what I posted Sweets

In case your feeble mind "forgot" what I was replying to, allow me to refresh your tiny brain cells

Originally Posted by Sweetchuck

I am pointing out your liberal superiority complex is coming thru again, and people like YOU will determine if the job is worthy enough to have health coverage benfits

Got it now son?

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Can anyone actually say they didn't see this coming? The dominoes will start to fall ever more quickly as Obama's folly begins to be played out upon the people of America.

$32 a week for a max of $10,000 of annual coverage?

Well I should certainly hope they drop their "health plan" because its a total rip off. That doesn't even cover the cost of a typical broken leg or appendectomy. And $2000 doesn't cover shit!

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM

McDonald's won't be offering this "health plan" to their employees anymore because the new law doesn't allow them to rip people off like that anymore.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:23 PM

Because health care costs were plummeting before.

Trigg
10-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Ah, there are management positions to be had, ever heard of Hamburger University????????

BoogyMan
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
$32 a week for a max of $10,000 of annual coverage?

Well I should certainly hope they drop their "health plan" because its a total rip off. That doesn't even cover the cost of a typical broken leg or appendectomy. And $2000 doesn't cover shit!

It is not intended to be a major coverage plan. You really should actually read what you comment on. :lame2:

Missileman
10-27-2010, 05:54 PM

The government has no business forcing employers to provide healthcare in the first place, no matter what company. And in their infinite stupidity, they are going to take away what money a company might give an employee to offset private healthcare in the form of a fine. The whole thing is a major cluster-fuck!

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
It is not intended to be a major coverage plan. You really should actually read what you comment on. :lame2:

Its intended to be a way to rip off their employees and effectively reduce wages. Its no better than those silly "credit protection" services that credit card companies use - they and McDonald's are just trying to put a "stupid" tax on people.

red states rule
11-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Its intended to be a way to rip off their employees and effectively reduce wages. Its no better than those silly "credit protection" services that credit card companies use - they and McDonald's are just trying to put a "stupid" tax on people.

If that were true, you are firmly entrenched at a 100% tax rate