PDA

View Full Version : Republican debates

05-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I hear there are Republican debates tonight. Anyone else hear anything about that?

stephanie
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
For some reason, I can't too worked up about any debates yet..

It's still too early for me..

05-03-2007, 01:41 AM
For some reason, I can't too worked up about any debates yet..

It's still too early for me..

Well i think this one will be interesting because none of the candidates will have significant time because there will be 10 candidates on stage with hardly any time to speak.

I think Romney, Guiliani, and Tancredo will probably do the best. McCain will probably be among them too although if he makes a gaff, i wouldnt be surprised. The other major ones i think could do something arent even in the race yet.

stephanie
05-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Well i think this one will be interesting because none of the candidates will have significant time because there will be 10 candidates on stage with hardly any time to speak.

I think Romney, Giuliani, and Tancredo will probably do the best. McCain will probably be among them too although if he makes a gaff, i would be surprised. The other major ones i think could do something arent even in the race yet.

I'm keeping my eye on Romney..
Giuliani, I'm thinking no..Unless he's up against the Shrill, then it's a go..:laugh2:
I like Tancredo, don't know enough about him yet, except I like his stance on immigration..

McCain?? not real thrilled over, unless he's up against the Shrill, then it's a go...????:laugh2:

Now, for some reason I have my heart set on someone else....We'll see??

05-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Ill give you my view:

1.Romney came out on top.
2.Guiliani came across as honest but i know people wont like his positions.
3.McCain has to be kidding if he thinks anyone is honestly going to believe he is all about appointing conservative judges when he is one of the leaders of the Republicans who have been fighting it.
4.Huckabee made some good points, but i was generally unimpressed.
5.I feel the same about Brownback.
6.Tancredo did pretty good but i dont really think he got his message across, he didnt either atleast that is what he said afterwards.
7.Tommy Tompson is a condescending ass
9.Ron Paul is nuts.
10. Duncan Hunter didnt really stand out.

What bugged me about some of the candidates such as McCain is the arrogance they had "If i was running the Iraq war we wouldnt have these problems" They don't know that! Its driving me crazy. No matter how good you cant possibly say you would be doing better because there are circumstances that you cant possibility accounts for.

Also what bugged me about Brownback and Thompson is their instance that they could make the Iraqis act a certain way. It's the Iraqis government. We cant force them to change things, if we tried we would completely undermine the legitimacy of the goverment and make it look like an American puppet which is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

Like I said, I think Romney was clearly the one who won if anyone did.

stephanie
05-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Gawd, I couldn't watch the whole debate..

Some of the questions were soooo stupid..Like
Would you have Karl Rove in your cabinet?
Or....Would you pardon Scooter Libby..

I suppose we shouldn't of expected much more from Prissey Matthews and MSNBC..

And then they had Keith Olbermann doing the after analysis...What a friggin joke..Bah..:poke:

Psychoblues
05-14-2007, 03:19 AM
The entire debate was a conservative's worst nightmare. They have no candidate to date that can beat even Kuncinich.

stephanie
05-14-2007, 03:37 AM
The entire debate was a conservative's worst nightmare. They have no candidate to date that can beat even Kuncinich.

Pfeeeeeeeeeesh.....
That wasn't a debate......It was a joke...
One question.......What do you think of Bill Clinton being back in the whitehouse?? (what the f##j)???????

But, at least the Republicans went on......Msnbc.....

Hell...We can't even get the Democrats to go on FOX......

Chicken shit..........as@##$$%s........:laugh2:

Psychoblues
05-14-2007, 03:44 AM
There are HUGE professional, journalistic and objective differences between msnbc and Fox.

Pfeeeeeeeeeesh.....
That wasn't a debate......It was a joke...
One question.......What do you think of Bill Clinton being back in the whitehouse?? (what the f##j)???????

But, at least the Republicans went on......Msnbc.....

Hell...We can't even get the Democrats to go on FOX......

Chicken shit..........as@##$$%s........:laugh2:

Why didn't the Republicans go to Fox for their debate?

Because Fox is not credible as an unconnected and unbiased venue. I am sure we will discuss this at greater length in the future and if not, so what?

C'mon, Staphy, come on over to the Lounge and have a drink with me!!!!!!!

stephanie
05-14-2007, 04:38 AM
There are HUGE professional, journalistic and objective differences between msnbc and Fox.

Because Fox is not credible as an unconnected and unbiased venue. I am sure we will discuss this at greater length in the future and if not, so what?

Common, Staphy, come on over to the Lounge and have a drink with me!!!!!!!

Ummm...
Republicans debate on Fox...

Be there or be square...:laugh2:

Maybe, you need to get out of the lounge...my dear...:cheers2:

Psychoblues
05-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Maybe you need to get your square head out of all those Cape Cods I've been buying for you in the Lounge, Staphy.

Ummm...
Republicans debate on Fox...

Be there or be square...:laugh2:

Maybe, you need to get out of the lounge...my dear...:cheers2:

Round up and complete a comprehensible thought, OK?

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 08:52 AM

:laugh: :lmao: :lol: :cuckoo: :bs1:

Pale Rider
05-14-2007, 08:54 AM

I think Romney, Guiliani, and Tancredo will probably do the best. McCain will probably be among them too although if he makes a gaff, i wouldnt be surprised. The other major ones i think could do something arent even in the race yet.

I'm with ya there avatar. Tancredo is my man, but I'm going to listen real close to Romney, because if Tancredo doesn't make it down the final stretch, I have to have a second choice, like everyone else. Guiliani doesn't stand a chance.

05-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Please, none of the Democrat candidates even light a candle to the Republicans... except maybe Ron Paul...

As for not beating Kucinich, you are thinking of the Democrat debate... which is kind of sad.

05-14-2007, 11:07 AM

C'mon, Staphy, come on over to the Lounge and have a drink with me!!!!!!!

Because Republicans aren't afraid of a challenge and are trying to reach out to more people than just the base.

05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
oh btw the Republican debates on Fox are tomorrow night.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks, Av. I may be able to watch it, since Chris Matthews won't be in charge.

Gaffer
05-14-2007, 05:36 PM

That's why I'll watch it. I won't watch msnbc for anything.

krisy
05-15-2007, 07:03 AM

Me too,that guy gives me a headache with all his borderline yelling when he "speaks".

05-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Let me know how tonights debate goes. im going to a Phillies game:)

Abbey Marie
05-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Let me know how tonights debate goes. im going to a Phillies game:)

Something tells me you will hear more about it from the Dems than from the Reps. :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm keeping my eye on Romney..
Giuliani, I'm thinking no..Unless he's up against the Shrill, then it's a go..:laugh2:
I like Tancredo, don't know enough about him yet, except I like his stance on immigration..

McCain?? not real thrilled over, unless he's up against the Shrill, then it's a go...????:laugh2:

Now, for some reason I have my heart set on someone else....We'll see??

I really like Romney but he seem's to be pushing his religious beliefs which is not good. I really like Guiliani, he has done a lot for this country. I also like Mccain, he has sacraficed a lot for this country including being in a POW camp for over 5 years geting beat and tortured every day, you have to respect the man.:salute:

nevadamedic
05-15-2007, 07:38 PM
What channel and time is the debate on? I can't find it on my satellite reciever.

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM
What channel and time is the debate on? I can't find it on my satellite reciever.

now on Fox news channel

stephanie
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
a half hour into the debates here.....

And this is what a debate should like...

Not that kindergarten, romper room thing, they called a debate on MSNBC...

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
a half hour into the debates here.....

And this is what a debate should like...

Not that kindergarten, romper room thing, they called a debate on MSNBC...

Agreed--not sure it will help me decide anything but a good exchange and presentation of ideas.

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Agreed--not sure it will help me decide anything but a good exchange and presentation of ideas.

However--it sure has convinced me that McCain sucks. He's a pure sell out.

stephanie
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
However--it sure has convinced me that McCain sucks. He's a pure sell out.

I really haven't made my mind up on any of them..

But, it is good to see their views on things...

I'm still looking at person, who has not announced yet...:cheers2:

Dilloduck
05-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I really haven't made my mind up on any of them..

But, it is good to see their views on things...

I'm still looking at person, who has not announced yet...:cheers2:

I didnt plan even on watching it for the same reason but it's way better than I had imagined. So far Im' voting for Britt Hume. :laugh2:

stephanie
05-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I didnt plan even on watching it for the same reason but it's way better than I had imagined. So far Im' voting for Britt Hume. :laugh2:

I'm voting for Wendell Goler...:poke:

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I entered this debate with a completely open mind about the candidates, and when it was over, these were my impressions:

1. Ron Paul signed the wrong forms. He's no Republican. He sealed his fate tonight.
2. I disagree with Giuliani on social issues, but he sure sounded damn good on everything else.
3. Tancredo sounded like a man who believes what he says, and I like what he says.
4. Why didn't anyone tell me about Duncan Hunter? From what I heard tonight, he has very good policies and knows how to present them. And he already built a fence on the border? Outstanding. I will definitely put him on my short list for now.
5. Romney seems sort of slick. I need to watch him more to decide.

Edited to add: What a well-run debate!

stephanie
05-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I entered this debate with a completely open mind about the candidates, and when it was over, these were my impressions:

1. Ron Paul signed the wrong forms. He's no Republican. He sealed his face tonight.
2. I disagree with Giuliani on social issues, but he sure sounded damn good on everything else.
3. Tancredo sounded like a man who believes what he says, and I like what he says.
4. Why didn't anyone tell me about Duncan Hunter? From what I heard tonight, he has very good policies and knows how to present them. And he already built a fence on the border? Outstanding. I will definitely put him on my short list for now.
5. Romney seems sort of slick. I need to watch him more to decide.

Edited to add: What a well-run debate!

Vettttty good, my dear...

McCain? I liked some..
Brownback....I liked some
Gilcrest????

Who did we forget?...

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Vettttty good, my dear...

McCain? I liked some..
Brownback....I liked some
Gilcrest????

Who did we forget?...

My overall feeling was that with the exception of Ron Paul, we will be very blessed to have any one of these guys in the White House, as opposed to, well, I'd rather not contemplate it. :eek:

stephanie
05-16-2007, 12:43 AM
My overall feeling was that with the exception of Ron Paul, we will be very blessed to have any one of these guys in the WH. As opposed to, well, I'd rather not contemplate it. :eek:

Well....One thing I found refreshing...is it wasn't all.....Look at Bush, he's an idiot and we can do better than him....Like SOME DEPATES WE SEE....:laugh2:
They spoke solidly on the topics, of what is important for the United States, and how they think they can help US...

I will admit, though.......

I'm still looking very hard at Fred Thompson running...

I've been following him, he's been writing on another blog that I check out every day....

Not to say there isn't a couple here.........As a maybe...:cheers2:

Pale Rider
05-16-2007, 01:49 AM
1. Giuliani, is still pro choice, he's dead in the water at this point. One of biggest defining issues of the republican party is pro-life.

2. McCain, he was really kind of exposed tonight as the liberal leaning person he is. He's done.

3. Ron Paul, he won the Foxnews text poll for the debates tonight. I suspect there were a lot of liberals texting in to make that happen, not conservatives. He's a mealy mouthed little apologist, and said in not so many words that we asked for 9/11 to happen. I think he needs to move to france.

4. Romney, I like the guy, but I'm not so sure about him. I'll need to hear and see more about him.

5. Hunter, he just got himself put on my short list tonight. I like his demeaner, what he say's, and his experience. Unless something very bad gets dug up about his past, I'd see nothing wrong with this guy being president.

6. Thompson, I lived Wisconsin all the while he was governor there. He did help write the welfare reform act, but Wisconsin was and remains one of the highest taxed states in the nation for income, property and gas. Screw him. The ONLY thing I like that he says is that he'd make the Iraqis vote as to whether or not they wanted us there, and if they didn't want us there, we'd leave. Sounds good to me.

7. Tancredo, he's still my man. He did better at the after debate interview with Hannity and Colmes, in which Allen asked him about sanctuary cities, and if he'd go after city majors and counsels that declare themselves such, and he said uncatagorically, YES. Outstanding. When pressed by Allen as to why, he said because they're breaking a federal law, it's called aiding and abeiting. PLEASE elect this man president.

Anybody else, not worth mentioning.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 02:05 AM
Here are the results of the text-message voting on who "won" the debate:

You Decide GOP Primary Poll Results

— 29% Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney

— 25% Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas

— 19% Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani

— 8% Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee

— 5% Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif. Hunter

— 4% Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

— 3% Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.

— 1% Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.

— 0% Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore

— 0% Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson

krisy
05-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Here are the results of the text-message voting on who "won" the debate:

You Decide GOP Primary Poll Results

— 29% Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney

— 25% Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas

— 19% Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani

— 8% Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee

— 5% Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif. Hunter

— 4% Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

— 3% Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.

— 1% Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.

— 0% Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore

— 0% Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson

Ron Paul....what's up with that guy? I think he took a wrong turn and showed up at the wrong debates?! I remember saying to my husband..."this guy is a Republican/cons?"

Abbey,Pale. I agree pretty much with both of you. I enjoyed this debate a lot...it wasn't boring or the same ol stuff.

I thought Guliani was impressive,but I have too much trouble with his social issues,other than that,I think he is presidential material.

Again,McCain is just too much of a Republicrat,and he thinks the media is fair...sounds like he is kissing but with em!

Ron Paul...well,he said something like we invited 9-11 to happen....bye bye!!

Mitt seems very intelligent and that he knows what he is talking about,but I always fell leary of candidates that change their stances on things like abortion.

Tommy Thompson not too bad,but I'm not sure yet.He was honest about the tax issue

Hunter was good,very impressive

Tancredo....I love his tough stances on immigration and seems like a real Conservative

I thought overall it was a great debate,and contrary to what some will say,I think tough questions were asked. Wendall backed Guliani into a corner on those social issues!

-Cp
05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
There's a poll up here that you can vote in:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25497_LGF_Poll-_Pre-Debate_Straw_Poll&only

Pale Rider
05-16-2007, 12:14 PM
There's a poll up here that you can vote in:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25497_LGF_Poll-_Pre-Debate_Straw_Poll&only

You know these polls, even the Fox one, has liberals voting in them. I don't think they're very good representations of what "conservatives" are thinking. I think the results would be different if ONLY conservatives were allowed to vote.

krisy
05-16-2007, 12:27 PM
You know these polls, even the Fox one, has liberals voting in them. I don't think they're very good representations of what "conservatives" are thinking. I think the results would be different if ONLY conservatives were allowed to vote.

Your right on that. There's no way Ron Paul would have won on the Fox poll if Liberals weren't voting.

Abbey Marie
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Your right on that. There's no way Ron Paul would have won on the Fox poll if Liberals weren't voting.

Here are the results -Cp was referring to, on LGF. Quite different from the FOX results. Paul isn't listed.

Which candidate turned in the best performance in the second GOP debate?

1. Rudy Giuliani 2659 54.2%

2. John McCain 159 3.2%

3. Mitt Romney 1075 21.9%

4. Sam Brownback 46 0.9%

5. Mike Huckabee 252 5.1%

6. Tommy Thompson 46 0.9%

7. Duncan Hunter 287 5.9%

8. Jim Gilmore 27 0.6%

9. Tom Tancredo 354 7.2%

Total votes: 4905

05-16-2007, 06:58 PM
I really like Romney but he seem's to be pushing his religious beliefs which is not good. I really like Guiliani, he has done a lot for this country. I also like Mccain, he has sacraficed a lot for this country including being in a POW camp for over 5 years geting beat and tortured every day, you have to respect the man.:salute:

What on earth are you talking about? Romney is doing the exact opposite. He isnt pushing his religious beliefs. In fact, if the media wasnt obsessed with asking him about it, I dont think he would really mention it much at all. After all he has a pretty good record to rely on.

05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
BTW anyone know where to find video from the debate? after a phillies game and a spur of the moment drive to the shore i didnt see a dang thing of it and id like to know whats going on.

05-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Alright, comments on the debate:

Ron Paul is an idiot.

I liked Romney's idea of benchmarks for reforming government spending.

I think Tancredo did excellent.

I certainly understand McCain's feelings about intense interrogation, but does he honestly think Al Qaeda is going to treat our troops nicely simply because we treat their combatants nicely? They are cutting civilians heads off? Why on earth would we expect them to treat our troops differently??

Anyone actually suggesting we need to go to the United abomiNations to get permission to respond to an attack should be tossed off the stage immediately.

chum43
05-17-2007, 09:37 PM
alot of you people are making me sick to my stomach... Ron Paul is a republican, he's a real conservative, you guys are right, he's not a neo-con. Just because he opposes the current foreign policy of go whereever we want and do whatever we want without declaring war or having a plan or practicing any sort of reason or consistancy doesn't mean he's a liberal. He simply wants to do things right. And he is right, all of you "giuliani is a 9/11 hero!" types love to point at the 9/11 commission report, well the 9/11 commission report said that the attacks were RETALIATORY. All he said was we have to start looking at our foreign policy as if we were in the enemies shoes and act accordingly. Not just attack people and expect them to lie down and love us for it. We attack people, they attack back, the idiots are the ones who say that is an "absurd" idea, and I believe that would be every other person in the building the other night.

shattered
05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Uh. Gee..

Welcome aboard.

chum43
05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
thanks... I didn't mean my first post to be insulting at all, I've been reading around the boards and heard many great and smart points made, this is just the first blatantly braindead bs that has gotten to me enough to actually decide to register and post.

stephanie
05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
From what I've been seeing around the net..

The Ron Paul supporters have been spamming a lot of sites...

Just like they hit the Fox news polls after the debates...

:coffee:

chum43
05-17-2007, 10:41 PM
right, and the msnbc poll, and every other poll paul has been included in, and the fox news text poll... internet spammers obviously skewed a phone text poll... define spam? if you mean support then yes. The very people that are claiming it's all internet spammers and computer hackers supporting paul are the same people that are trying to kick him out of the republican party for debating an issue at a debate. If the mainstream media outlets, which are run by huge corparations that have an interest in the outcome of the election, can fool everyone into thinking it's all spammers and he doesn't have a legit following there is no way he can win. The extent to which they are pushing it should be proof enough. So far the only articles(and there are dozens) I've seen on Ron Paul, a republican front-runner based on every single poll he's been included in, have either been about how his following is full of internet savy poll cheaters or about how he should be run out of the party because he doesn't fit in... fit in with a bunch of pro-choice, open-boarders, NAU supporting globalist, real ID act, torture endorsing neocon elitists... the mainstream coverage of the man is sickening and has absolutely no ground to stand on. Simply because the internet is the only place where corporations don't control everything that is said doesn't mean he only has a few hundred illegitimate followers who spam and cheat. It's simply the only place that doesn't have a widesweeping censorship of his obvious success.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
From Little Green Footballs:

Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Ron Paul Supporters Spamming Our Poll Again

I warned them. I’m going to be removing Ron Paul’s name from any further LGF straw polls, because his supporters are deliberately spamming our polls to make it appear as if Paul has more support than he does. Be aware that his results in the poll immediately preceding are not legitimate.
They aren’t “cheating,” as in voting multiple times, but they have sent out emails and posted the link to our poll at several spots on the web, urging people to go vote for Paul. The end result is the same—the poll results are skewed, and it’s not an accurate measure.
Internet polls are not scientific anyway, but when the gaming is this obvious I’m not going to let it slide, or to let our poll be misused by supporters of a man who, in my opinion, is nuts.

Even if they weren’t doing this pathetic maneuver to artificially pump up Paul’s support, I’d very seriously consider removing him anyway, because I found his remarks last night about 9/11 insulting and dangerous, and highly offensive. But make no mistake, he’s not being removed simply because I disagree with him—he’s off the LGF poll because I don’t want my site being used to falsely inflate his popularity. Ron Paul’s supporters are becoming notorious for sleazy, essentially stupid tactics like this.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25504_Ron_Paul_Supporters_Spamming_Our_Poll _Again&only

And here's the results of a pre-debate, pre-spamming poll from the same site:

Tuesday, May 15, 2007
LGF Poll: Pre-Debate Straw Poll

Here’s a quick straw poll to see where the GOP candidates stand with LGF readers, in advance of the second debate this evening.

Who is your first choice for GOP presidential candidate?
2,828/41.4%Rudy Giuliani
337/4.9%John McCain
1,813/26.5%Mitt Romney
76/1.1%Sam Brownback
132/1.9%Mike Huckabee
127/1.9%Tommy Thompson
484/7.1%Duncan Hunter
21/0.3%Jim Gilmore
531/7.8%Tom Tancredo
486/7.1% Ron Paul

stephanie
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Hardly anybody ever heard of Ron Paul untill the debates..
I know I'd never heard of him..

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. May 15-16, 2007. N=900 registered voters nationwide. Results below are among Republican voters (MoE ± 6).
http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

"If the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, for whom would you vote if the candidates were [see below]?" Names rotated

5/15-16/07 4/17-18/07 3/27-28/07 2/27-28/07
% % % %
Rudy Giuliani 24

John McCain 17

Mitt Romney 9

Fred Thompson 8
n/a

Newt Gingrich 6

Sam Brownback 2

Tommy Thompson 2
-

Jim Gilmore 1
-
-

Mike Huckabee 1

Duncan Hunter 1

Ron Paul 1
-
n/a
n/a

Tom Tancredo 1
n/a
n/a
n/a

Chuck Hagel -
-
-

Other (vol.) 1
-

Unsure 24

Wouldn't vote (vol.) 2
-

1/30-31/07 12/5-6/06 8/29-30/06 3/14-15/06 6/14-15/05
% % % % %
Rudy Giuliani 34

John McCain 22

Newt Gingrich 15

Mitt Romney 3

Duncan Hunter 2
n/a
n/a
n/a

Sam Brownback 1
n/a
n/a
n/a

Jim Gilmore -
n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a

Mike Huckabee -
n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a

Tommy Thompson -
n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a

Chuck Hagel -
-
n/a

Other (vol.) 4

Unsure 17

Wouldn't vote (vol.) 1

George Pataki n/a
n/a

George Allen n/a
n/a

Bill Frist n/a
n/a

manu1959
05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
i watched these and the dem's.....i really enjoy this time of year.....

chum43
05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
I still don't see the spamming or unfair inflation... please explain it to me... if they don't vote multiple times and they aren't cheating, how is that any different from any other candidate... are you trying to tell me that supporters of other candidates don't help along the campaigning? So even if supporters were sending out massive emails and linking polls I don't see how that is skewing results. Even further, they aren't basing that information on ANYTHING, except the influx of votes for paul. They are simply guessing and assuming because he has online supporters and they are active, that it's unfair.

as for the post stephanie just made, that is exactly my point, I didn't even know who he was until the debates, and showing that he got no votes before the debates, and then is hardly included afterwords doesn't show me anything. The simple fact that you are showing me one poll with 900 people done by public enemy number one when it comes to poll skewing fox news over 100s of thousands of people voting in online polls and saying one is legit and the other isnt is ridiculous. I'm not saying the 900 isn't legit, but why should that be taken over many much larger ones done elsewhere, he got 25% the night before on a phone text vote done by the same channel on 41000 voters...

stephanie
05-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Whatever....I'd never vote for Ron Paul..

But, that just me...
And he sound's more like a libertarian, than a Republican..
But, he definitely got his name recognized....that's for sure..

The person I'm rooting for...hasn't even declared yet.....:laugh2:

manu1959
05-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Whatever....I'd never vote for Ron Paul..

But, that just me...
And he sound's more like a libertarian, than a Republican..
But, he definitely got his name recognized....that's for sure..

The person I'm rooting for...hasn't even declared yet.....:laugh2:

never trust a guy with two first names for a name...........

stephanie
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM

:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM

Jesse James
Elton John
John Edwards

chum43
05-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm not trying to say you have to vote for the guy... to each their own, but just don't buy into all the media spin about how he's an evil democrat trying to rain on 9/11 hero rudy giuliani's parade through the streets of washington

personally i'm more of a libertarian than a republican, so he's got my vote, i don't care if fox news comes out tomorow and says he eats babies, my problem is i'm a paleoconservative and not a neocon, which means I can't stand most "conservatives" but any Republican looks like a god compared to the democrats, it's just too bad they both play for the same team. the two party system is the perfect one party system. Ron Paul to me just seems like the best of the very very very few people in politics who don't just play ball with the one super party we call mainstream politics.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm not trying to say you have to vote for the guy... to each their own, but just don't buy into all the media spin about how he's an evil democrat trying to rain on 9/11 hero rudy giuliani's parade through the streets of washington

personally i'm more of a libertarian than a republican, so he's got my vote, i don't care if fox news comes out tomorow and says he eats babies, my problem is i'm a paleoconservative and not a neocon, which means I can't stand most "conservatives" but any Republican looks like a god compared to the democrats, it's just too bad they both play for the same team. the two party system is the perfect one party system. Ron Paul to me just seems like the best of the very very very few people in politics who don't just play ball with the one super party we call mainstream politics.

Fair enough.
And welcome to the board. :salute:

manu1959
05-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Jesse James
Elton John
John Edwards

jimmy carter
john kerry

stephanie
05-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Fair enough.
And welcome to the board. :salute:

ditto what she said...:cheers2:

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 11:40 PM
ditto what she said...:cheers2:

And double-ditto what she said. :beer:

05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Jesse James
Elton John
John Edwards

To be technical, Edwards isnt a first name. Edward is... but not Edwards;)

05-17-2007, 11:50 PM

evil democrat? no.

Complete and utter moron... Seems like it.

stephanie
05-17-2007, 11:52 PM
And double-ditto what she said. :beer:

:laugh2: :beer:

Abbey Marie
05-17-2007, 11:53 PM
To be technical, Edwards isnt a first name. Edward is... but not Edwards;)

You can consider it as more than one Edward, then. :laugh2:

chum43
05-17-2007, 11:56 PM
evil democrat? no.

Complete and utter moron... Seems like it.

would you care to elaborate?

all i ever hear for a reason why people hate him is because of his "comments on 9/11" but I really don't see what he said about it that was so "absurd" or even offending or moronic. It seems like people hate him just because a. they are told to by the media and b. he almost brought 9/11 hero rudy giuliani to tears. He has yet to say anything spectacular and yet he gets a spectacularly negative reaction... explain it to me if you can.

oh and thanks, double thanks, and triple thanks and so on to the welcoming comments :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-18-2007, 12:02 AM
:laugh2: :beer:

http://www.odessa.ua/images/Image/beer_toast(1).jpg

stephanie
05-18-2007, 12:16 AM
would you care to elaborate?

all i ever hear for a reason why people hate him is because of his "comments on 9/11" but I really don't see what he said about it that was so "absurd" or even offending or moronic. It seems like people hate him just because a. they are told to by the media and b. he almost brought 9/11 hero Rudy Giuliani to tears. He has yet to say anything spectacular and yet he gets a spectacularly negative reaction... explain it to me if you can.

oh and thanks, double thanks, and triple thanks and so on to the welcoming comments :laugh2:

I will say..I like his ideas on smaller government...
And your right about the Republicans in the government today, they have forgotten about that...And they need to be told about that...If they don't want to listen, then vote their asses out...

But...I'm sorry...That comment about 9/11....was the major thing that has stuck in mind...

And...I'm not a Rudy fan..
As I said....I'm looking at Fred Thompson...
Run...Fred...Run..

chum43
05-18-2007, 12:29 AM
I just want to know what specifically about the comment was so horrible?

as long as you aren't a rudy or romney backer you're okay in my book.

05-18-2007, 01:42 AM
ive made numerous comments on why Ron Paul is a lunatic. some of which have been in this thread. i dont really see a point in stating them over again.

chum43
05-18-2007, 01:48 AM
ok well so far on this thread you've said exactly... "Ron Paul is an idiot." and "Ron Paul is nuts" and then you jokingly implied he was a democratic candidate... thats it, and that is my point. You didn't even go as far as to make the sweeping "his absurd comments on 9/11"... like i said before you don't have to like him, but for my respect you have to at least base not liking him on something more than they don't kiss his ass on television.

stephanie
05-18-2007, 01:55 AM
ok well so far on this thread you've said exactly... "Ron Paul is an idiot." and "Ron Paul is nuts" and then you jokingly implied he was a democratic candidate... that's it, and that is my point. You didn't even go as far as to make the sweeping "his absurd comments on 9/11"... like i said before you don't have to like him, but for my respect you have to at least base not liking him on something more than they don't kiss his ass on television.

My GUT feeling........I don't like him...
He's wimpy, not manly, doesn't look like a leader, looks cowardly...

I want someone, who will stand up.....For the United States of America...

that's all..:salute:

manu1959
05-18-2007, 02:06 AM
ron paul isn't nuts...he is perfectly sane.....vote accordingly...

chum43
05-18-2007, 02:11 AM
stephanie i can't say i disagree, but he is 71 years old, you can only look so manly at 71... but personally I look at his record and see a man who has fought for america more convincingly in his 20 years in congress than any of these say one thing do another mainstream candidates. obviously we disagree, but my point is i'll take the good leader over the guy that looks like a good leader or says he's a good leader. He's sharing the stage with one guy who wears shoulder pads that would make a linebacker cower, another who claims to have dragged new york city out of the 9/11 hell by the bootstraps, and a bunch of other guys who say one thing and do another. Personally I'll go with the guy who genuinely wants to stand up for america, and every day that seems less and less like any of the guys who claim to be great leaders.

i know i'm long winded... sorry

and avatar I did read your comments on paul in the last debate thread so no need to elaborate, but I still don't believe how blatantly mainstream you are in your reasons to dislike ron paul. You criticize his isolationism, IRS hating, stopping inflation, and protecting privacy, and you still call him a democrat. it's unbelievable.

stephanie
05-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Ron Paul isn't nuts...he is perfectly sane.....vote accordingly...

No...friggin schett....
Too many wolfs......in sheep's clothing...

figger it out...:poke:

05-18-2007, 03:46 AM
ok well so far on this thread you've said exactly... "Ron Paul is an idiot." and "Ron Paul is nuts" and then you jokingly implied he was a democratic candidate... thats it, and that is my point. You didn't even go as far as to make the sweeping "his absurd comments on 9/11"... like i said before you don't have to like him, but for my respect you have to at least base not liking him on something more than they don't kiss his ass on television.

he is and idiot and he is nuts. His policies will lead this nation to complete and utter destruction if implimented. And not over a short period of time, almost immediately.

You jumped in this thread mid thread. as Ive said earlier in the thread its clear why I along with others are not going to even consider supporting this guy.

chum43
05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
honestly I see exactly what you mean about ruin. Only I see it a little differently, it would be a radical change and no doubt it would do some damage at first and it wouldn't be easy. But the road we're headed down now is a whole lot worse, the status quo is what i'm afraid of. The way I see it I'm not going to die from a curable disease just because i don't like pills.

and like i said I'm sorry for saying you had no reason, but i read your reasons from another thread and I still disagree... so thats that.

Gaffer
05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
alot of you people are making me sick to my stomach... Ron Paul is a republican, he's a real conservative, you guys are right, he's not a neo-con. Just because he opposes the current foreign policy of go whereever we want and do whatever we want without declaring war or having a plan or practicing any sort of reason or consistancy doesn't mean he's a liberal. He simply wants to do things right. And he is right, all of you "giuliani is a 9/11 hero!" types love to point at the 9/11 commission report, well the 9/11 commission report said that the attacks were RETALIATORY. All he said was we have to start looking at our foreign policy as if we were in the enemies shoes and act accordingly. Not just attack people and expect them to lie down and love us for it. We attack people, they attack back, the idiots are the ones who say that is an "absurd" idea, and I believe that would be every other person in the building the other night.

ron paul is an idiot, ranks right down there next to kucinich. I think he has been watching rosie too much, she should sue him for stealing her talking points.

The 9/11 commission report was an incomplete report that never mentioned anything about a retalitory attack. It was about our being ill-prepared for such attacks.

We have been attacked repeatedly since 1992. We finally attacked back and have taken the fight to them. We will continue to do that inspite of you and your ilk. We don't need to be loved, just feared and respected. Because that's all arabs understand.

Gaffer
05-18-2007, 05:36 PM
right, and the msnbc poll, and every other poll paul has been included in, and the fox news text poll... internet spammers obviously skewed a phone text poll... define spam? if you mean support then yes. The very people that are claiming it's all internet spammers and computer hackers supporting paul are the same people that are trying to kick him out of the republican party for debating an issue at a debate. If the mainstream media outlets, which are run by huge corparations that have an interest in the outcome of the election, can fool everyone into thinking it's all spammers and he doesn't have a legit following there is no way he can win. The extent to which they are pushing it should be proof enough. So far the only articles(and there are dozens) I've seen on Ron Paul, a republican front-runner based on every single poll he's been included in, have either been about how his following is full of internet savy poll cheaters or about how he should be run out of the party because he doesn't fit in... fit in with a bunch of pro-choice, open-boarders, NAU supporting globalist, real ID act, torture endorsing neocon elitists... the mainstream coverage of the man is sickening and has absolutely no ground to stand on. Simply because the internet is the only place where corporations don't control everything that is said doesn't mean he only has a few hundred illegitimate followers who spam and cheat. It's simply the only place that doesn't have a widesweeping censorship of his obvious success.

The internet is alive with comments on paul alright, ALL negative. He's NOT a republican. Lieberman is more of a republican that paul is.

Gaffer
05-18-2007, 05:52 PM
As I saw it FOX has three favorites among the repub runners. McCain, Guliani and Romney. All three got way more coverage through the night than any other candidate.

I'll take Tancredo or Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich. Even Micheal Savage would be in consideration for me.

chum43
05-18-2007, 07:34 PM
so wait, not only do you base your opinion on what FOXNEWS chooses to cover but you also saying that internet is alive with negative comments(which i'm coming to find out is true).

So how can the internet be wrought with negative comments on paul(which it is) AND internet spammers be responsible for his poll success?

Like i said before i'm not saying you have to vote for him but every stupid comment that is made about him just pushes me more and more to believe that some people will just believe whatever foxnews tells them... he is a republican, he's just not a neocon. And again with the comments on 9/11, HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING EVEN RESEMBLING WHAT ROSIE HAS SAID ABOUT THE ATTACKS... Rosie is saying we blew the towers up, he's saying we had been bombing them for years and it was blowback, and yet you all seem to believe he said bush pushed the button, or that he said we deserved it, or that he said we pleaded with them to do it, or that we allowed it to happen, none of those are true all he said was it was retaliatory and since 9/11 hero rudy giuliani stares him down for it and almost starts crying and foxnews says his comments were atrocious all you crazy neocons bash him for it. It makes no sense.

Gaffer
05-18-2007, 08:20 PM
so wait, not only do you base your opinion on what FOXNEWS chooses to cover but you also saying that internet is alive with negative comments(which i'm coming to find out is true).

So how can the internet be wrought with negative comments on paul(which it is) AND internet spammers be responsible for his poll success?

Like i said before i'm not saying you have to vote for him but every stupid comment that is made about him just pushes me more and more to believe that some people will just believe whatever foxnews tells them... he is a republican, he's just not a neocon. And again with the comments on 9/11, HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING EVEN RESEMBLING WHAT ROSIE HAS SAID ABOUT THE ATTACKS... Rosie is saying we blew the towers up, he's saying we had been bombing them for years and it was blowback, and yet you all seem to believe he said bush pushed the button, or that he said we deserved it, or that he said we pleaded with them to do it, or that we allowed it to happen, none of those are true all he said was it was retaliatory and since 9/11 hero rudy giuliani stares him down for it and almost starts crying and foxnews says his comments were atrocious all you crazy neocons bash him for it. It makes no sense.

I never base my opinion on FOX news. Most of my news comes from internet sites. As for paul getting so many votes it was simply a bunch of liberals got together and texted in their choice of the most liberal canidate of the bunch. Since the voting is open to anyone it wouldn't be hard for a bunch of libs to basically spam the polling results.

It's obvious paul has no concept of islam, as is the case with most Americans. The WTC attack was not a retaliation, it was an offensive action as part of the war islam is waging on the west. paul doesn't understand that which is why he should never be president.

They don't hate us because we are or have been in the ME, they hate us because we are not islamic.

05-18-2007, 08:31 PM
The internet is alive with comments on paul alright, ALL negative. He's NOT a republican. Lieberman is more of a republican that paul is.

I wouldnt say he isnt a Republican. He is clearly registered as one. But i think he differs majorly on issues.

Pale Rider
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
As I saw it FOX has three favorites among the repub runners. McCain, Guliani and Romney. All three got way more coverage through the night than any other candidate.

I'll take Tancredo or Fred Thompson or Newt Gingrich. Even Micheal Savage would be in consideration for me.

Hold on Gaf, McCain was so near the bottom of the support ladder his dick could have touched bottom on the phone in Fox poll. And even since then with what McCain is up to, dropping the "F" word and such, he may as well drop completely out now because his chances are zero.

Were on the same page with Tancredo. I made up my mind to vote for long ago.