PDA

View Full Version : George Bush Is a Hero

jimnyc
01-19-2007, 10:49 AM
And no, that's not me saying that, it's former NY Mayor Ed Koch. I do agree with him though and I believe his points are valid.
------------------------------------------------------------

President George W. Bush, vilified by many, supported by some, is a hero to me.

Why do I say that? It's not because I agree with the president's domestic agenda. It's not because I think he's done a perfect job in the White House.

George Bush is a hero to me because he has courage.

The president does what he believes to be in the best interest of the United States. He sticks with his beliefs, no matter how intense the criticism and invective that are directed against him every day.

The enormous defeat President Bush suffered with the loss of both Houses of Congress has not caused him to retreat from his position that the U.S. alone now stands between a radical Islamic takeover of many of the world's governments in the next 30 or more years. If that takeover occurs, we will suffer an enslavement that will threaten our personal freedoms and take much of the world back into the Dark Ages.

Our major ally in this war against the forces of darkness, Great Britain, is still being led by an outstanding prime minister, Tony Blair. However, Blair will soon be set out to pasture, which means Great Britain will leave our side and join France, Germany, Spain, and other countries that foolishly believe they can tame the wolf at the door and convert it into a domestic pet that will live in peace with them.

These dreamers naively believe that if we feed the wolves what they demand, they will go away. But that won't happen.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/12/27/124023.shtml

The ClayTaurus
01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I do agree he has great courage, but courage alone will not suffice.

01-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I do agree he has great courage, but courage alone will not suffice.

Maybe not, but it already puts him head and shoulders above his opponents in the other party.

jillian
01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
LOL! I gotta tell you, I used to really like a lot of what Ed Koch says, but he's become such an extreme neo-con that nothing he says really has credibility anymore.

Bush a hero... lol...lol... *J walks away scratching her head*.

jimnyc
01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
LOL! I gotta tell you, I used to really like a lot of what Ed Koch says, but he's become such an extreme neo-con that nothing he says really has credibility anymore.

Bush a hero... lol...lol... *J walks away scratching her head*.

Dunno about the extreme neo-con label. He disagrees with a fair amount coming from the current administration, supports gay marriage & still supports many in the democratic party. He seems pretty fair in his criticism to me, and pretty realistic. He's got a lot of great articles at the site you hate!

http://www.newsmax.com/pundits/archives/Edward_I._Koch-archive.shtml

jillian
01-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Dunno about the extreme neo-con label. He disagrees with a fair amount coming from the current administration, supports gay marriage & still supports many in the democratic party. He seems pretty fair in his criticism to me, and pretty realistic. He's got a lot of great articles at the site you hate!

http://www.newsmax.com/pundits/archives/Edward_I._Koch-archive.shtml

I know what his positions are. And I have no doubt he writes well. His opinions on middle east issues are extreme, though. In his old age, he's gotten a bit far out on the subject. As for the site I hate... yeah, I probably do dislike propaganda sites.... but I feel that way about both sides of the spectrum.

Pale Rider
01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't say dubya is a hero. He's aiding and abeting the criminal tidal wave from mexico, and he's a globalist. Screw him. I'm sorry I voted for him.