PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'I'd appreciate a little break'

red states rule
10-01-2010, 12:31 PM
It is clear, the job of President is too much for Obama. He is in over his head, and his fustration level is on the rise

It's often remarked that President Obama has enjoyed a number of getaways, vacations, and mini-vacations during his 20 months in office. But at a Democratic fundraiser Thursday night, the president said, "I'd appreciate a little break."

The fundraiser -- $30,400 per person -- was at the home of Linda Douglass, the former CBS and ABC News reporter who joined the Obama White House to sell national health care to a skeptical public. Douglass is now a top executive at Atlantic Media, the Washington-based company that runs The Atlantic, National Journal, and other publications. Douglass' husband, John Phillips, is a wealthy lawyer, and according to a White House pool report, he introduced Obama tonight by saying, "I can remember walking down those snowy streets of Des Moines in the primary

We sleep much better knowing that you are our president at this difficult time."

According to the pool report, Obama thanked Phillips for the work he and his wife have done for Team Obama. Then the president mentioned that Phillips and Douglass have an opulent place in Italy and wondered why there had been no invitation to visit. "I'd appreciate a little break and some Tuscan sun," the president said, according to the pool report. "Some pasta. I can use it."

Obama reportedly spoke about 15 minutes. After the dinner, he left the Phillips/Douglass home and headed to DAR Constitutional Hall, where he addressed the Democratic National Committee rap concert/fundraiser. Then, it was back to the White House by 9:45 pm, where the president presumably was able to get a little rest

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Id-appreciate-a-little-break-104126174.html#ixzz11858P5Qr

KarlMarx
10-01-2010, 01:10 PM
More damage is done by incompetence than malice. Obama is clearly out of his league. He should have been a councilman or, perhaps, a mayor of a small town (the smaller the population, the better)... but definitely not the President of the United States...

Yes, he was a Senator, but when you factor out the amount of time he spent campaigning to become president, that amounts to about 20 minutes worth of experience.

And now Barack Obama is making hip hop respectable by recruiting some bad mouth rapper named B.o.B... another reason why Obama has to go... hip hop is no more music than a happy meal is haute cuisine.

I hate to say this... but Hillary Clinton is more qualified than Barack Obama (of course, that's not saying much).. at least she knows where the White House is, she's negotiated with terrorists, she tried foisting Hillary Care on us but I hope she's older and wiser...

does that mean I would vote for her? ...............Are you kidding??!?!?!?

Abbey Marie
10-01-2010, 04:04 PM
the fundraiser -- $30,400 per person -- was at the home of Linda Douglass, the former CBS and ABC News reporter who joined the Obama White House to sell national health care to a skeptical public.

So she was just continuing what she and most of the media do already. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
There's no doubt, Obama is sinking. He's not a clue of what to do after his valiant attempt to apologize to all enemies, without and withing. Didn't work, so he tried calling up nationalism, but he'd already spent that on the first go round. So here are the Democrats.

red states rule
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
So she was just continuing what she and most of the media do already. :rolleyes:

There has been abut 15 liberal news reporters that went to work in the Obama administration - yet all we hear is how Fox News is in the pocket of the Republican party

With Obama's economic team now gone, the rats are jumping off the sinking ship in huge numbers

red states rule
10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
There's no doubt, Obama is sinking. He's not a clue of what to do after his valiant attempt to apologize to all enemies, without and withing. Didn't work, so he tried calling up nationalism, but he'd already spent that on the first go round. So here are the Democrats.

and it is fun to watch Kathy

I continue to ask people with an Obama 08 bumper sticker how that hope and change is doing and nearly all the replies I get now is a blank stare

Kathianne
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok.

Truth is, I find the 'get this as reality posts' annoying.

Truth is, I want the electorate, not those that claim to speak for them to get it.

Agnapostate
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Too bad he doesn't have a Crawford ranch to retreat to, I guess.

SassyLady
10-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Too bad he doesn't have a Crawford ranch to retreat to, I guess.

Yeah .... can you just picture him cutting wood or doing any other type of manal labor ..... thanks for the laugh Aggie. :laugh:

Agnapostate
10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah .... can you just picture him cutting wood or doing any other type of manal labor ..... thanks for the laugh Aggie. :laugh:

Members of the ruling class generally don't lower themselves to the actual labor performed by the working class, who sustain all those above them. ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F9KUMzV4Jzw/SB0YC3lbdfI/AAAAAAAAAK4/dPoqYnoVCh4/s400/class_pyramid.gif

red states rule
10-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Members of the ruling class generally don't lower themselves to the actual labor performed by the working class, who sustain all those above them. ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_F9KUMzV4Jzw/SB0YC3lbdfI/AAAAAAAAAK4/dPoqYnoVCh4/s400/class_pyramid.gif

Once again you are full of it. The liberal media hated running pics of P{res Bush clearing brush, chopping wood, and putting up fences on his ranch.

They are more at home with the lib elitists. They openly whined about having to go to Crawford and would rather go where the other lib elitists hang out

Gaffer
10-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Your not smart enough to recognize the communist system when you see it? Just changing the name doesn't make it true. This is the very system you are advocating. The ironic thing is for all your advocating your still going to wind up on the bottom tier.

red states rule
10-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Your not smart enough to recognize the communist system when you see it? Just changing the name doesn't make it true. This is the very system you are advocating. The ironic thing is for all your advocating your still going to wind up on the bottom tier.

No mater what economic system he would be in, idiots like Agna will always be on the bottom

The reason is they spend to much of their time whining about how rotten everything is, and how someone else needs to give them what they want, instead of working

A real miserable way to go thru life