PDA

View Full Version : Any Boston Bruins fans?

Noir
10-01-2010, 01:12 PM
If so i'm sure you'll know they're playing some games in Europe pre-season, one of which is against my local hockey team the Belfast Giants =D

Well not quite our local team, but rather the best players in our league meshed into one team (Known as the Belfast Giants selects) they're playing tomorrow night, which'll be the first time I've seen an NHL team play, hopefull we can keep the score under double digits >,< I mean seriously, how we got you guys to come here I'll never know, but I'd say you guys could play without any forwards and still hold us to a nil all draw, or even win :laugh:

Palin Rider
10-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I like ice hockey in general, as I used to play in an amateur league.

My local team is the San Jose Sharks, and although I like it when they win, I really don't care much about who's wearing what colors when I watch a game. Mostly I pay attention to individual player's techniques, and see if I can learn anything from them.

Noir
10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd love to play, the only problem being a) the cost to get up and running b) I'm not a big enough build >,>

Trigg
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
All of the players on our local team are from Canada. :laugh:

Apparently there isn't much to do up there on the off season so they all come down here to play. :laugh:

Palin Rider
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd love to play, the only problem being a) the cost to get up and running b) I'm not a big enough build >,>

You don't need to be big to play hockey well. The shortest player in the NHL is only 5'6". (It is an expensive sport, though. Particularly when you have to rent time on an indoor rink.)

Sweetchuck
10-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Pens fan.

Can't buy Pens tix anymore since winning the cup and building the new arena, but I'm living out near Phoenix now and I'm going to the game against the Coyotes in November.

Noir
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Wells am just back home, and wow that was an awesome game =D

We were beaten 5-1 however when you consider I was expect to lose by 15+ that's amazing lol.

And what's even more amazing is that we took the lead first! Scoring midway through the 2nd. Though in the end the fitness told, as more and more shots came flying in, though our keeper did really well (saving 37 out of 42 shots making him our man of the match) 5 rather flattered the Bruins IMO especially given we could easily of had another goal or two (especially after the Bruins NM got the puck stolen from him when he was behind the net and somehow was able to dive infront and just make the save.)

All in all though a great night.

A pic of the Bruins just after a time out (sorry for poor quality it was taken on my phone)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/af3149dd.jpg

Trigg
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Wells am just back home, and wow that was an awesome game =D

We were beaten 5-1 however when you consider I was expect to lose by 15+ that's amazing lol.

And what's even more amazing is that we took the lead first! Scoring midway through the 2nd. Though in the end the fitness told, as more and more shots came flying in, though our keeper did really well (saving 37 out of 42 shots making him our man of the match) 5 rather flattered the Bruins IMO especially given we could easily of had another goal or two (especially after the Bruins NM got the puck stolen from him when he was behind the net and somehow was able to dive infront and just make the save.)

All in all though a great night.

A pic of the Bruins just after a time out (sorry for poor quality it was taken on my phone)

Hockey is an exciting game. I'm glad your team had a good showing!!