PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Get Fooled Again !!!

namvet
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
VOTE !!!

2JGGKmtMPkE

bullypulpit
10-07-2010, 08:00 PM
What...Vote Republicans back into power? Yeah...If that happens we'll all be sorrier than we can imagine.

namvet
10-07-2010, 08:04 PM
What...Vote Republicans back into power? Yeah...If that happens we'll all be sorrier than we can imagine.

funny that's what the EU and UK think. your empire will fail

Noir
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM

So now you're a spokesman for 500 million Europeans?

namvet
10-07-2010, 08:20 PM
So now you're a spokesman for 500 million Europeans?

they're all pussy's and failures. you have but to ask the terrorists that live there. after all THEY are in charge.

Noir
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
they're all pussy's and failures. you have but to ask the terrorists that live there. after all THEY are in charge.

So. Much. Hate.
:laugh:

Kathianne
10-07-2010, 08:56 PM
So. Much. Hate.
:laugh:

Yeah, it's why I usually try and avoid threads like this. I don't care that I really think Obama is dangerous for our country, but a bit more respect for the office I think due. I don't care if it's when Bully kept up chimp pics of Bush, but goes bonkers with Obama and photoshops; or something like the above op. I just don't think that's the way to communicate.

KarlMarx
10-08-2010, 06:33 AM
I have to agree with Kathianne. For eight years, we've had to put up with the non-stop temper tantrum of the Left and their slogan du jour about Bush ('Bush lied people died', 'No war for oil', blah blah blah). For eight years, the country was in pretty good shape though, even then the Left called it the worst economy since the Great Depression, in spite of the fact that we were nearly at full employment....

Now we really do have the worst economy since the Great Depression with 10 percent unemployment in spite of hundreds of billions of dollars of so called stimulus spending (which we, our children, and grand children will be paying for), Obamacare which was supposed to put a cap on run away medical costs (but won't) and will cost trillions to implement with money we don't have...

People like BP need to wake up and smell the coffee, the era of big government must end. Limited government is all we can afford. You can't have freedom and big government, the two are mutually exclusive.

Noir
10-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I have to agree with Kathianne. For eight years, we've had to put up with the non-stop temper tantrum of the Left and their slogan du jour about Bush ('Bush lied people died', 'No war for oil', blah blah blah). For eight years, the country was in pretty good shape though, even then the Left called it the worst economy since the Great Depression, in spite of the fact that we were nearly at full employment....

Now we really do have the worst economy since the Great Depression with 10 percent unemployment in spite of hundreds of billions of dollars of so called stimulus spending (which we, our children, and grand children will be paying for), Obamacare which was supposed to put a cap on run away medical costs (but won't) and will cost trillions to implement with money we don't have...

People like BP need to wake up and smell the coffee, the era of big government must end. Limited government is all we can afford. You can't have freedom and big government, the two are mutually exclusive.

While on the whole I agree eith this post, it must be remembered that the only reason the economy was so good under the Bush years was because we were riding a credit bubble.

KarlMarx
10-08-2010, 08:13 AM
While on the whole I agree eith this post, it must be remembered that the only reason the economy was so good under the Bush years was because we were riding a credit bubble.

But you don't know the whole story. The credit bubble was due to two factors... easy credit by the US Federal Reserve bank (which is still in force) and the easing of lending requirements by Fannie Mac and Freddie Mac, two government run mortgage agencies. The oversight of Fannie and Freddie Mac was the responsibility of the Congress, not the President. The Congressional committee that was responsible for this oversight was presided over by Barney Frank, a Democrat.... All attempts to reform the credit situation by the Bush administration were stonewalled by the Democrats

namvet
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM

so. much. hate

Noir
10-08-2010, 09:17 AM
so. much. hate

You are an amazingly bad troll, just sayin'

@KarlMarx
The problem has been creeping up on us for the past 30 years, while I'm sure Barney Frank didn't help the bubble would of burst without his doing.

namvet
10-08-2010, 10:01 AM
and Bush warned of the impending bubble burst for 9 years. allll the way back to 2001.

and what did the craps say????

KarlMarx
10-08-2010, 10:26 AM
You are an amazingly bad troll, just sayin'

@KarlMarx
The problem has been creeping up on us for the past 30 years, while I'm sure Barney Frank didn't help the bubble would of burst without his doing.

The fact that the Democrats stonewalled any attempt to reform Fannie and Freddie did not help.

Also, Fannie and Fredie's lending standards were relaxed during the Clinton administration.

A lot of the problem was due to the fact that a lot of people were given mortgages based on considerations like race rather than ability to pay. The government said it would back those mortgages and the banks complied (like they had a choice)... no wonder the banks spread their risk out by packaging those mortgages into securities... which were bought by investors the world over.... that is part of the reason that the bubble was worldwide.

Pagan
10-08-2010, 11:06 AM
and Bush warned of the impending bubble burst for 9 years. allll the way back to 2001.

and what did the craps say????

I guess that must be why he kept spending like a drunken Sailor in a Whorehouse then eh?

Time to wake up, the problem is an out of control Government that both Party's are fully responsible for and have been unwilling to do anything about.

namvet
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I guess that must be why he kept spending like a drunken Sailor in a Whorehouse then eh?

Time to wake up, the problem is an out of control Government that both Party's are fully responsible for and have been unwilling to do anything about.

and now Osama is spending like a fleet full a drunken sailors. the craps said there was nothing wrong. yeah right

Pagan
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
and now Osama is spending like a fleet full a drunken sailors. the craps said there was nothing wrong. yeah right

Like those championing 'Dubya's economy with his insane spending and expansion of Government

namvet
10-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Like those championing 'Dubya's economy with his insane spending and expansion of Government

what's the diff between millions and trillions????

Noir
10-08-2010, 11:50 AM
The fact that the Democrats stonewalled any attempt to reform Fannie and Freddie did not help.

Also, Fannie and Fredie's lending standards were relaxed during the Clinton administration.

A lot of the problem was due to the fact that a lot of people were given mortgages based on considerations like race rather than ability to pay. The government said it would back those mortgages and the banks complied (like they had a choice)... no wonder the banks spread their risk out by packaging those mortgages into securities... which were bought by investors the world over.... that is part of the reason that the bubble was worldwide.

The problem was ofcourse in regulation, but it was also Joe Public. When you look at the stats over the past few decades of a) money put into savings accounts and b) money taken in credit you can see how this was always going to it just so happened that Fanny and Fredy where the spark needed to start it.

As for why we take out so much credit, I heard an economist describe it wonderfully the other day (though I forget his name) "We want to spend money we don't have, for things we don't need, to create impressions that won't last, on people we do t care about."

That plus the fact that we've created an economy that always needs more and more and is truly unsustainable.

Pagan
10-08-2010, 12:24 PM

You mean like 'Dubya's TARP that Obama has embraced and expanded?

bullypulpit
10-09-2010, 05:29 AM

The facts stand on their own. The Bush administration wrecked this economy...dragged the nation into a war of choice with a nation tha had nothing to do with 9/11 and borrowed the money to fund the military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq instead of raising taxes to pay for them as a responsible administration should have.

I'm having a nice hot cup 'o joe right now. It's you and your fellow travelers that need to face the facts. When y'all start blaming Bush more, the left will start blaming him less

And as for temper tantrums...How else would you describe the partisan obstructionism by the GOP leadership in Congress since Obama took office?

bullypulpit
10-09-2010, 05:31 AM

Exponential.

Pagan
10-09-2010, 08:12 AM
The facts stand on their own. The Bush administration wrecked this economy...dragged the nation into a war of choice with a nation tha had nothing to do with 9/11 and borrowed the money to fund the military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq instead of raising taxes to pay for them as a responsible administration should have.

I'm having a nice hot cup 'o joe right now. It's you and your fellow travelers that need to face the facts. When y'all start blaming Bush more, the left will start blaming him less

And as for temper tantrums...How else would you describe the partisan obstructionism by the GOP leadership in Congress since Obama took office?

So what are your thoughts of Obama embracing and expanding the Bush Doctrine?

Abbey Marie
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
But you don't know the whole story. The credit bubble was due to two factors... easy credit by the US Federal Reserve bank (which is still in force) and the easing of lending requirements by Fannie Mac and Freddie Mac, two government run mortgage agencies. The oversight of Fannie and Freddie Mac was the responsibility of the Congress, not the President. The Congressional committee that was responsible for this oversight was presided over by Barney Frank, a Democrat.... All attempts to reform the credit situation by the Bush administration were stonewalled by the Democrats

And that, ladies and germs, is the primary reason for this mess. Lib policies will fail every time.

namvet
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM
the "bubble" was created by ACORN which went back to the peanut farmers watch. the craps just help it grow. loans for lenders who could not qualify. loans for lenders who didn't even have a job !!!!

bullypulpit
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM

It's too late for you and many of yer fellow travelers Nammie. Y'all drank the kook-aid a long time ago, and the damage and rot have progressed too far.

bullypulpit
10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
the "bubble" was created by ACORN which went back to the peanut farmers watch. the craps just help it grow. loans for lenders who could not qualify. loans for lenders who didn't even have a job !!!!

Wow...Been drinking the bong water again? It wasn't ACORN...It was predatory lenders, in a regulatory vacuum that put people into homes they couldn't afford. Of course, since they could bundle these junk loans and sell them as securities. They got the loans, and the risk, off their books. We have a GOP controlled Congress and that corporatist in Democratic clothing, Bill Clinton, to thank for that. Not ACORN.

namvet
10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow...Been drinking the bong water again? It wasn't ACORN...It was predatory lenders, in a regulatory vacuum that put people into homes they couldn't afford. Of course, since they could bundle these junk loans and sell them as securities. They got the loans, and the risk, off their books. We have a GOP controlled Congress and that corporatist in Democratic clothing, Bill Clinton, to thank for that. Not ACORN.

Been drinking the bong water again?

news flash: ACORN was founded in 1970 by Wade Rathke and Gary Delgado. been drinking toxic kool aid again??? thought so.

namvet
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
It's too late for you and many of yer fellow travelers Nammie. Y'all drank the kook-aid a long time ago, and the damage and rot have progressed too far.

Been drinking the bong water again?

KarlMarx
10-09-2010, 04:31 PM

As for temper tantrums, I was referring to the period 2001-2009, well before Obama took office.

As for obstructionism..... the Democrats calling the Republicans obstructionist is tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. The Democrats did a lot to obstruct reform that would have averted the current economic mess we are in... The GOP leadership in Congress is trying to avert the Democrats from driving this country off of a cliff... that's not obstructionism... that's patriotism. Obamacare does not fix the economy, taking over GM does not fix the economy, ending the Bush tax relief does not fix the economy.

When we start blaming Bush more, then the Left will start blaming Bush more... you have to stop using Bush as a whipping boy and scape goat for every failed liberal policy ever thought of. You know.. a bad carpenter blames his tools, that sort of thing?

The Obama adminstration has increased the national debt more than all of the past presidents combined... we are on the verge of losing our AAA rating in the bond market...

This is Obama's economy now. He has had nearly two years to do something... we are seeing high unemployment because of Obama, not because of Bush...

The oversight of the housing market was the jurisdiction of the Congress not the Executive Branch. The current mess we are in is plainly and clearly the responsibility of those who were supposed to be overseeing Freddie and Fannie... that means Barney Frank, among others.

Of course, people like you seem to lack the ability to see the 900 pound gorilla in the room... a Democrat controlled Congress, and Executive branch has done nothing to ameliorate the economic mess we are in.

namvet
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
bullyshit's in fine form today HIC

Indy
10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
As for temper tantrums, I was referring to the period 2001-2009, well before Obama took office.

As for obstructionism..... the Democrats calling the Republicans obstructionist is tantamount to the pot calling the kettle black. The Democrats did a lot to obstruct reform that would have averted the current economic mess we are in... The GOP leadership in Congress is trying to avert the Democrats from driving this country off of a cliff... that's not obstructionism... that's patriotism. Obamacare does not fix the economy, taking over GM does not fix the economy, ending the Bush tax relief does not fix the economy.

When we start blaming Bush more, then the Left will start blaming Bush more... you have to stop using Bush as a whipping boy and scape goat for every failed liberal policy ever thought of. You know.. a bad carpenter blames his tools, that sort of thing?

The Obama adminstration has increased the national debt more than all of the past presidents combined... we are on the verge of losing our AAA rating in the bond market...

This is Obama's economy now. He has had nearly two years to do something... we are seeing high unemployment because of Obama, not because of Bush...

The oversight of the housing market was the jurisdiction of the Congress not the Executive Branch. The current mess we are in is plainly and clearly the responsibility of those who were supposed to be overseeing Freddie and Fannie... that means Barney Frank, among others.

Of course, people like you seem to lack the ability to see the 900 pound gorilla in the room... a Democrat controlled Congress, and Executive branch has done nothing to ameliorate the economic mess we are in.
Think back to all the crap thrown at Bush, some deserved and some not. He never blamed anyone, and he never leveled a personal attack one his critics. He took it on the chin. Especially some of vile things said about him.I've never seen such a thin skinned sniveler like this president.Nothing is ever his fault. They called Bush a dictator, yet this guy has expanded Bush's policy, and once again wants to have access to all your personal information and correspondence. Bush's expansion of government pales in comparison, yet all we hear now is crickets.

Dante
10-09-2010, 09:48 PM

I have no idea why anyone posts this kind of silly stuff. If I wanted to view meaningless amateur videos...

red states rule
10-10-2010, 08:17 AM

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb101008_cmyk20101007101912.jpg

Missileman
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM

How the fuck do you obstruct the un-obstructable you partisan hack? They didn't need a single Republican vote to pass whatever the hell they wanted until Brown won in Mass.