PDA

View Full Version : October Fund Drive

jimnyc
10-08-2010, 05:54 AM
I wasn't expecting to have a fund drive this month, otherwise I wouldn't have held a contest last month and gave away $25! :)

The monthly fee for hosting this site, $29.97, is due at the end of the month. As you know I recently paid a decent chunk of change for the new "theme" on the board. I believe it was about $400-500 but don't remember off the top of my head. But the killer financially this month happened when my sister and I went to a monument company in NJ the other day to purchase a grave marker (headstone) for Mom's site. You cannot put one up immediately as you need to let the ground settle. But now is OK and it needs to be in by Dec 1st or wait until April 1st (due to ground cold conditions) and we'd like to have it up for Christmas. I was shocked to not only find out that a 24x12x4 granite stone cost $1110 but the cemetery charges $725.76 to install it!! All they have to do is dig a 4 inch rectangular hole, 24x12 and drop the stone in place so it is level with the ground. They do not allow standing headstones, only flat markers. Will probably take the cemetery workers about 10-15 minutes to install, but you have no choice but to pay their fees if you wish to have a stone installed.

I happily payed this fee as it's a stone for Mom, and it's hopefully for eternity.

Unfortunately though, that leaves my wallet and allowance in very bad standing! LOL

So, as usual, if anyone can donate anything at all, even $5, it would go a long way to assisting with the board fees. The donate button is at the top center of the board for Paypal, and you can donate whether you have a Paypal account or not.

Thanks everyone!