View Full Version : Thank You, President Obama

Kathianne
10-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Really, anyone that cares about the country really out to:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20100228/ASPENWEEKLY/100229854

Barack Obama has awakened a sleeping nation
GARY HUBBELL
ASPEN TIMES WEEKLY,
Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to America in the last 100 years. Truly, he is the savior of America's future. He is the best thing ever.

Despite the fact that he has some of the lowest approval ratings among recent presidents, history will see Barack Obama as the source of America's resurrection. Barack Obama has plunged the country into levels of debt that we could not have previously imagined; his efforts to nationalize health care have been met with fierce resistance nationwide; TARP bailouts and stimulus spending have shown little positive effect on the national economy; unemployment is unacceptably high and looks to remain that way for most of a decade; legacy entitlement programs have ballooned to unsustainable levels, and there is a seething anger in the populace.

That's why Barack Obama is such a good thing for America.

Very good op-ed, not real long as is sometimes my wont. ;)

Mr. P
10-09-2010, 10:49 AM
He nails it..IMO.

Odd that this is posted the morning after I had a conversation with a friend I've had since 5th grade. Not well informed at all but spouts "greed" "change" etc like most uninformed dims do. I pretty much covered everything in this Op-Ed hoping to open the eyes wide shut my friend has. I guess it was too much fact at once..after getting enraged and tossing the F word many times my friend hung up on me. I doubt we'll ever speak again..that's sad but to damn bad, the truth hurts. My friend is very uninformed has no idea what's in Obamacare but supports it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked "are you going to vote in Nov?" The answer was yes, I followed with "will you be an informed voter?". Well, the F bomb flew like white on rice then.I guess that was the last straw.

I'm thinking of e-mailing this article to my "former" friend..hell what's it gonna hurt?

Kathianne
10-09-2010, 11:09 AM
He nails it..IMO.

Odd that this is posted the morning after I had a conversation with a friend I've had since 5th grade. Not well informed at all but spouts "greed" "change" etc like most uninformed dims do. I pretty much covered everything in this Op-Ed hoping to open the eyes wide shut my friend has. I guess it was too much fact at once..after getting enraged and tossing the F word many times my friend hung up on me. I doubt we'll ever speak again..that's sad but to damn bad, the truth hurts. My friend is very uninformed has no idea what's in Obamacare but supports it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked "are you going to vote in Nov?" The answer was yes, I followed with "will you be an informed voter?". Well, the F bomb flew like white on rice then.I guess that was the last straw.

I'm thinking of e-mailing this article to my "former" friend..hell what's it gonna hurt?

Oh do send it, I would.

With that last question you asked him, perhaps you should have said, "Are you going to vote for Obama in a few weeks?" My guess is he would have said, "Yes." ;) Seriously, I'm finding that those progressives are really quite shallow. Determined, however.

Mr. P
10-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh do send it, I would.

Oh I did send it..This individual is pretty brain dead..told me once they voted based on what they hear "other people say" not what they think or know. Of course if yer uninformed anyway what do you know? I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll share it. They walk among us.

Who is John Gult?

Binky
10-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Really, anyone that cares about the country really out to:

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20100228/ASPENWEEKLY/100229854

Very good op-ed, not real long as is sometimes my wont. ;)

Well, reading that and thinking on it for minute, I've decided the author is correct. BO has most certainly awakened the sleeping giant. Now......let's hope it isn't too late since the powers that be have been feverishly at work on their agendas to put we, uppity American ave. citizens, in our places by gaining more and more control over us. There could very well come a day when we are told we can only use the bathroom X amount of times a day, and what sort of tp we can use to wipe our backsides with.. They want to control our every thought and move.... And if they aren't stopped with destroying America and it's freedoms this is exactly what is going to happen....:bang3:

Kathianne
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh I did send it..This individual is pretty brain dead..told me once they voted based on what they hear "other people say" not what they think or know. Of course if yer uninformed anyway what do you know? I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll share it. They walk among us.

Who is John Gult?

Galt? ;)

Mr. P
10-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I didn't proof..yes Galt. Obviously you know.

Kathianne
10-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I didn't proof..yes Galt. Obviously you know.

Funny how popular Rand has become in the past 2.5 years, no?

Mr. P
10-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Funny how popular Rand has become in the past 2.5 years, no?
What amazes me is how much a book written so many yrs ago is so reflective of the state of the union today.

Kathianne
10-09-2010, 05:30 PM
What amazes me is how much a book written so many yrs ago is so reflective of the state of the union today.

I first read it in high school. I also read Marx. Marx was easier to understand.

Mr. P
10-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I first read it in high school. I also read Marx. Marx was easier to understand.
She is wordy. IMO

revelarts
10-13-2010, 11:48 PM
pretty cool article

.... I am under no illusion that the Republican party is perfect, but at least they're starting to awaken to the fact that we cannot sustain massive levels of debt; we cannot afford to hand out billions of dollars in corporate subsidies;we have to somehow trim our massive entitlement programs;we can no longer be the world's policeman and dole out billions in aid to countries whose citizens seek to harm us[/B]...

Please name the republicans that have realized this and are voting that way. My republican Congressmen haven't in years.

...Literally millions of Americans have had enough. They're organizing, they're studying the Constitution and the Federalist Papers, they're reading history and case law, they're showing up at rallies and meetings, and a slew of conservative candidates are throwing their hats into the ring.
This is Fantastic the best thing that has happened so far IMO. Funny but Bush had this effect on me not Obama. I was watching C-Sapn when Bushes lawyers where arguing with Navy JAGS over proper legal boundaries, And then the Authority of the President. Everything I had learn in school about the constitution was sounding alarms in my head. Didn't matter that I'd voted for him. He was crossing the line.

anyway people should add the anti federalist papers to that list as well. It's even more predictive than Rand.

Is there a revolution brewing? Yes, in the sense that there is a keen awareness that our priorities and sensibilities must be radically re-structured. Will it be a violent revolution? No. It will be done through the interpretation of the original document that has guided us for 220 years — the Constitution. Just as the pendulum swung to embrace political correctness and liberalism, there will be a backlash, a complete repudiation of a hundred years of nonsense. A hundred years from now, history will perceive the year 2010 as the time when America got back on the right track. And for that, we can thank Barack Hussein Obama.

AND we can thank (please notice I said and and not instead of) G.W. Bush he started the Wall st Bail Outs, the debt is partiality cause by a useless war in Iraq, Even in 2001 Rumsfeild said that the pentagon couldn't account for 2.3 trillion. The guy mentions terrorist getting Miranda rights (is that before of after the torture) and lawyers ,Tim McVey had a Lawyer so what's the problem? Neither Bush no Obama are doing anything to help the unconstitutional treatment of of people in that position. Not sure what his gripe is there.

I'm glad a lot of folks in the middle and right are really digging into the constitution bill of rights etc.. I'm still digging too and find that they were not paranoid about gov't power but realistic and down to earth.
Because of that, as I've mentioned in another thread, I just hope those of us on the right will promote ALL of the Bill of Rights not just the 1st, 2nd, 9th and 10th. Until then we're still a lil more than half asleep IMO.

revelarts
10-15-2010, 04:38 AM
.... I am under no illusion that the Republican party is perfect, but at least they're starting to awaken to the fact that we cannot sustain massive levels of debt; we cannot afford to hand out billions of dollars in corporate subsidies;we have to somehow trim our massive entitlement programs;we can no longer be the world's policeman and dole out billions in aid to countries whose citizens seek to harm us...

Someone, seriously, Please name the republicans that have realized this and are voting that way.