PDA

View Full Version : The greatest Play in Baseball

Mr. P
10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
<object width="480" height="385">:salute:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IrV8QPQAhxo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Noir
10-09-2010, 09:39 PM
The best ever play was a player stopping some folks from exercising their right to free speech? Fair enough.

Also, lol at it being described as 'heroic' :laugh:

SassyLady
10-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I remember that day and thinking those guys on the field are lucky they didn't get beat to death.

Still very inspiring that someone stepped up and did the right thing.

SassyLady
10-09-2010, 10:38 PM
The best ever play was a player stopping some folks from exercising their right to free speech? Fair enough.

Also, lol at it being described as 'heroic' :laugh:

You know Noir, sometimes you are a very vivid reminder of why I don't like liberals.

Why would you think burning the American flag in the middle of a baseball field in the middle a baseball game is a good thing?

As for heroic ... the flag was completely doused in lighter fluid and could have been on fire and engulfed him. I'm sure that he would have still tried to save what he could of the flag even if it were burning.

As for the free speech thing....I guess Rick felt he also had a right to exercise his free speech ... which was...."Not my flag; not on my field and not during my game, assholes!!!"

Noir
10-10-2010, 04:50 AM
You know Noir, sometimes you are a very vivid reminder of why I don't like liberals.

Why would you think burning the American flag in the middle of a baseball field in the middle a baseball game is a good thing?

As for heroic ... the flag was completely doused in lighter fluid and could have been on fire and engulfed him. I'm sure that he would have still tried to save what he could of the flag even if it were burning.

As for the free speech thing....I guess Rick felt he also had a right to exercise his free speech ... which was...."Not my flag; not on my field and not during my game, assholes!!!"

tbh this reminds me of why I don't like some Americans. Y'all make such a big deal out of so little, and label it patriotism >,>

I didn't say it was a good thing, I just don't think it's a good thing (never mind some amazing heroic act) that they were stopped

Inwhich case we have different standards for the word heroic.

Mkay, suppression of free speech is free speech in itself, I'll keep that in mind.

jimnyc
10-10-2010, 06:49 AM

Sorry, Noir, but you're off base on this one. "Freedom of Speech" - please look it up and understand fully what it entails and whom it pertains to. It CERTAINLY doesn't give one the right to go onto private property and burn the American Flag, by disrupting an event at the same time. They lawfully should have been arrested for trespassing and likely banned from the stadium for life. Their right to free speech wasn't hindered in the slightest bit in this instance.

Noir
10-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Sorry, Noir, but you're off base on this one. "Freedom of Speech" - please look it up and understand fully what it entails and whom it pertains to. It CERTAINLY doesn't give one the right to go onto private property and burn the American Flag, by disrupting an event at the same time. They lawfully should have been arrested for trespassing and likely banned from the stadium for life. Their right to free speech wasn't hindered in the slightest bit in this instance.

So you're saying the guy only stopped them due to the legal technicality that they were not on public land? And wouldn't of cared if it had been on public land?

namvet
10-10-2010, 07:52 AM
So you're saying the guy only stopped them due to the legal technicality that they were not on public land? And wouldn't of cared if it had been on public land?

give your brain a chance

Noir
10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
give your brain a chance

More fail trolling >,>

jimnyc
10-10-2010, 08:48 AM

No, I meant exactly what I typed. They were involved in an illegal act on private property. Their right to "free speech" wasn't hindered in the slightest bit. If they did it outside the stadium on a public street, then maybe, but they didn't. They chose to do so on private property while disrupting a baseball game. Nowhere at all does freedom of speech give you any rights at all even near the ability to do what they attempted.

KitchenKitten99
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
tbh this reminds me of why I don't like some Americans. Y'all make such a big deal out of so little, and label it patriotism >,>

I didn't say it was a good thing, I just don't think it's a good thing (never mind some amazing heroic act) that they were stopped

Inwhich case we have different standards for the word heroic.

Mkay, suppression of free speech is free speech in itself, I'll keep that in mind.

This is the very attitude that which lost your country to tyrants and communists. It was once a country to which I would look over and say 'I could live there if I had to". Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".

I would love to visit over there for the food, but no way would I accept work over there for more than 6 months.

Your people have no spine anymore. It has been bred out of you by years of oppression (mostly by outside influences).

The US runs the risk of the same thing. However in a few weeks, we will see who has woken up...

Noir
10-10-2010, 12:56 PM
No, I meant exactly what I typed. They were involved in an illegal act on private property. Their right to "free speech" wasn't hindered in the slightest bit. If they did it outside the stadium on a public street, then maybe, but they didn't. They chose to do so on private property while disrupting a baseball game. Nowhere at all does freedom of speech give you any rights at all even near the ability to do what they attempted.

While ofcourse I concur that he was committing an illegal act, he was not stopped because it was illegal, but rather in what the act entailed illegal or otherwise.

Noir
10-10-2010, 01:00 PM
This is the very attitude that which lost your country to tyrants and communists. It was once a country to which I would look over and say 'I could live there if I had to". Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".

I would love to visit over there for the food, but no way would I accept work over there for more than 6 months.

Your people have no spine anymore. It has been bred out of you by years of oppression (mostly by outside influences).

The US runs the risk of the same thing. However in a few weeks, we will see who has woken up...

Comunisits I can somewhat understand (though I do not accept) but Tyrants? Can you please list these tyrants for me?

Also, I've become accustomed to being told on the one hand that I have no spine or principles, and on the other that I am an agenda pusher and like to push my beliefs down other peoples throats, odd no?

namvet
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Now I look at it and shake my head and say "You couldn't pay me to".

AMEN. the muzzies own it. they can keep it !!!!!

Noir
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
AMEN. the muzzies own it. they can keep it !!!!!

As always your arguement is well researched, objective and beautifully written, I shall give time before I respond so I can fully understand it's true worth which I know I have not yet been able to conceive, such is its brilliance.

namvet
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
As always your arguement is well researched, objective and beautifully written, I shall give time before I respond so I can fully understand it's true worth which I know I have not yet been able to conceive, such is its brilliance.

research something the entire world knows ??? guess you were born with a silver spoon in hand.

krisy
10-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Noir,here in the United States,our flag means something special to us,because of what so many have done for it. Shame your country doesn't feel the same patriotism....it's a good thing by the way.

As for these flag burning jack offs, I don't care if they are "excercising free speech" or not!!! You don't freakin burn a flag on the middle of a baseball field in the middle of a baseball game!!! Were the onlookers sipposed to stand there and let it burn so those ass munches could have their free speech? I wonder if you would feel the same way if someone did it on your front lawn. Would you stand and watch?

Noir
10-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Noir,here in the United States,our flag means something special to us,because of what so many have done for it. Shame your country doesn't feel the same patriotism....it's a good thing by the way.

As for these flag burning jack offs, I don't care if they are "excercising free speech" or not!!! You don't freakin burn a flag on the middle of a baseball field in the middle of a baseball game!!! Were the onlookers sipposed to stand there and let it burn so those ass munches could have their free speech? I wonder if you would feel the same way if someone did it on your front lawn. Would you stand and watch?

I know, I've talk about it on this site before, and stated clearly that it makes no sense to me why you'd put so much emotion into a piece of cloth, who cares about the flag, it's the rights that count, and no matter what happens to the flag the rights remain.

However, as you mention it, you are free to come round my place and burn whatever you like in my garden, except animals :3

Noir
10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
research something the entire world knows ??? guess you were born with a silver spoon in hand.

As apose to yourself, who seems to of been born with it up his ass :laugh:
Anyways, enough derailment.

SassyLady
10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Noir ... I can't believe you applaud people who destroy something as exercising their right to free speech (they hate America) and yet deride the gentleman who exercised his freedom of free speech (loves America and symbols that represent America) by removing the flag from their possession.

But I guess one has to have respect for something before they can understand what motivates people to respect the flag of their country.

I personally would classify the burning of a flag as "hate speech"...rather than free speech.

Noir
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Noir ... I can't believe you applaud people who destroy something as exercising their right to free speech (they hate America) and yet deride the gentleman who exercised his freedom of free speech (loves America and symbols that represent America) by removing the flag from their possession.

But I guess one has to have respect for something before they can understand what motivates people to respect the flag of their country.

I personally would classify the burning of a flag as "hate speech"...rather than free speech.

I don't applaud him as such, I just think he had the right to do it (well, nit really on this occasion given the private land) however I also don't think the guy that stopped him was in anyway heroic, nor do I think he only did it because it was on a private ground.
Is only burning the American flag hate speech? What about a Nazi flag etc?

SassyLady
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't applaud him as such, I just think he had the right to do it (well, nit really on this occasion given the private land) however I also don't think the guy that stopped him was in anyway heroic, nor do I think he only did it because it was on a private ground.
Is only burning the American flag hate speech? What about a Nazi flag etc?

I would imagine someone would be exercising their hatred of Nazis if they burned the Nazi flag. Why else would one burn a flag other than they hate what it represents?

I never said the guy picked up the flag because the flag burners were doing something illegal ... I just said he was exercising HIS own right to free speech and he showed that he feels burning the flag is wrong. Like protesting outside a venue ... one side is for it and the other is against it.

And, if you watched the entire video the crowd supported his right to stop the burning.

Noir
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I would imagine someone would be exercising their hatred of Nazis if they burned the Nazi flag. Why else would one burn a flag other than they hate what it represents?

I never said the guy picked up the flag because the flag burners were doing something illegal ... I just said he was exercising HIS own right to free speech and he showed that he feels burning the flag is wrong. Like protesting outside a venue ... one side is for it and the other is against it.

And, if you watched the entire video the crowd supported his right to stop the burning.

Well you could burn a flag in celebration of the freedom you have to burn that flag, could you not?

And I did watch the whole video, lucky what the mob what's doesn't change what's in the constitution :3

SassyLady
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Well you could burn a flag in celebration of the freedom you have to burn that flag, could you not?

And I did watch the whole video, lucky what the mob what's doesn't change what's in the constitution :3

I guess you could pick your nose in public to celebrate your freedom to do it, but why show the world how little class you have?

Kathianne
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Noir, I think you often understand the legal nuances, while missing really what's up with the people. One must remember who gives legitimacy to all those pieces of paper.

Noir
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
I guess you could pick your nose in public to celebrate your freedom to do it, but why show the world how little class you have?

I think Penn and Teller explain it wonderfully (and I don't think I've posted this video before here) so I'll pass it to them - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF2iX2VG6e4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Noir
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Noir, I think you often understand the legal nuances, while missing really what's up with the people. One must remember who gives legitimacy to all those pieces of paper.

The people? So mob rule over constitutional freedoms?
This is not a legal naunce, it's the first amendment.

Kathianne
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
The people? So mob rule over constitutional freedoms?
This is not a legal naunce, it's the first amendment.

Speaking in generalities. No one said that burning the flag is illegal, as you say if it was his flag, on his property or public property. However, someone that stops that, especially in this case, on private property in public view, televised, without resorting to battery. Yes, most will applaud.

They didn't grab him and douse him with gas and set him ablaze. That far we do not go.

gabosaurus
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Some of you people need to seriously check yourself on this topic. If you make a thread called "The greatest play in baseball," it should be a great baseball play. Not some kook running out on the field to do something stupid.
Baseball is a magnificent sport. Not a grounds for political discussion. Even for some of you crackpots. The "greatest play in baseball" needs to be a magnificent fielding effort, or a huge at bat.
At least respect the American Past time.

namvet
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
the greatest play in liberal baseball. well it is politics now right???

When Liberals Attack! There's no smoking in baseball!

October 11th, 2010 5:23 pm ET.......When the Cincinnati Reds baseball team clinched the National League Central Division Championship in September 2010, it marked the first time in 15 seasons the team has made the postseason. As it turns out, the opposition the Reds faced against the teams of the National League Central was nothing compared to the liberal PC police who came after them.

After the Reds beat the Astros on September 28 to win the pennant, the team retreated to their locker room for the traditional celebration. That included showers from bottles of champagne and cigars from team owner Bob Castellini. And that is when the trouble started.

The liberal PC police didn't have a problem with the consumption or airborne distribution of bubbly adult beverages. After all, every good liberal has a need to get their drink on so they can live with themselves. What got their collective panties in a bunch was the Reds' use of cigars in the clubhouse. Apparently, liberals think it is OK to ruin your liver, but not your lungs.

Upon witnessing the horror of Reds players smoking cigars on live TV, at least five people called the county health department to complain. According to Ohio state law, it is illegal to smoke indoors. That also applies to adults celebrating what could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The players involved cannot be punished over the situation, as the offense must be witnessed by a health department inspector. The health department is required to send out an inspector within thirty days of a complaint to make sure no other evil players are smoking cigars.

Should the need to celebrate arise again, I'm sure liberals will be happy if Reds players buy carbon credits instead of smoking cigars.

link (http://www.examiner.com/republican-in-national/when-liberals-attack-there-s-no-smoking-baseball)

there. now you really got something to bitch about !!!!

Mr. P
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
It's in the "Lounge" back in yer hole crackpot.

krisy
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=namvet;445793]the greatest play in liberal baseball. well it is politics now right???

link (http://www.examiner.com/republican-in-national/when-liberals-attack-there-s-no-smoking-baseball)

there. now you really got something to bitch about !!!![/QUOTE

I made a thread about this..."some people". I was so pissed. One of the people that made a complaint called the radio and said his kids had to witness the Reds breaking the law:laugh2: Loooooooser!

namvet
10-12-2010, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=namvet;445793]the greatest play in liberal baseball. well it is politics now right???

there. now you really got something to bitch about !!!![/QUOTE

I made a thread about this..."some people". I was so pissed. One of the people that made a complaint called the radio and said his kids had to witness the Reds breaking the law:laugh2: Loooooooser!

well I'D hate to be the one to go in there and tell em what they can't do.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Some of you people need to seriously check yourself on this topic. If you make a thread called "The greatest play in baseball," it should be a great baseball play. Not some kook running out on the field to do something stupid.
Baseball is a magnificent sport. Not a grounds for political discussion. Even for some of you crackpots. The "greatest play in baseball" needs to be a magnificent fielding effort, or a huge at bat.
At least respect the American Past time.

Respecting the American Flag is a higher priority than fielding or hitting a ball. It's too bad that you are incapable of understanding that subtlety.

gabosaurus
10-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Respecting the American Flag is a higher priority than fielding or hitting a ball. It's too bad that you are incapable of understanding that subtlety.

Respecting the American flag is a matter of civics. It has nothing to do with the game of baseball. Obviously you are not a baseball fan.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Respecting the American flag is a matter of civics. It has nothing to do with the game of baseball. Obviously you are not a baseball fan.

Obviously you are not a fan of the American Flag.....respect for it runs through all aspect of American life, not just a civics course.

gabosaurus
10-13-2010, 08:28 PM
You are all lack understanding of the concept. Saving the flag from burning is a wonderful patriotic thing, but does nothing to help you win a baseball game.
If you want to talk about great plays in BASEBALL, you go to Kurt Gibson's home run, or Doc Holliday pitching only the second playoff no-hitter.
Some of you are so wrapped up in your pseudo-patriotism that you can't understand that politics has no place in baseball. It's a worldwide game that appeals to everyone. Even teabaggers and gun nuts.
If you want to make a thread about baseball, talk about baseball.

SassyLady
10-14-2010, 01:19 AM
You are all lack understanding of the concept. Saving the flag from burning is a wonderful patriotic thing, but does nothing to help you win a baseball game.
If you want to talk about great plays in BASEBALL, you go to Kurt Gibson's home run, or Doc Holliday pitching only the second playoff no-hitter.
Some of you are so wrapped up in your pseudo-patriotism that you can't understand that politics has no place in baseball. It's a worldwide game that appeals to everyone. Even teabaggers and gun nuts.
If you want to make a thread about baseball, talk about baseball.

WTH .... who died and made you the boss?

gabosaurus
10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
My point is: If you don't want to talk about baseball, don't make a thread about baseball.

namvet
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
looks like the pot law passed in CA

Mr. P
10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
My point is: If you don't want to talk about baseball, don't make a thread about baseball.
I'm afraid you've missed the entire point of the thread. I thought Libs could think in the abstract, well at least that's what some of em preach. Not you? Well then, look at it like this..it was "The Greatest Play on a baseball field". Hows that?