PDA

View Full Version : Russ Feingold: Tea Party Values?

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
That's his claim. Things are not looking good for non-conservatives right now:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d70eP7fuq1Y&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d70eP7fuq1Y&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

from Althouse: Russ Feingold and his GOP challenger Ron Johnson answer a question about how close they are to the beliefs of the Tea Party. (http://althouse.blogspot.com/2010/10/russ-feingold-and-his-gop-challenger.html)

...AND: Instapundit links, saying:

Gee, it wasn’t long ago that Tea Partiers were a fringe group of astroturf bigots or something. Now it seems like everyone wants to be a Tea Partier! Who on earth could have seen this coming?

The answer, of course, is: Instapundit. I must say, when those tea parties began, I thought they were kind of embarrassing. I didn't get Instapundit promoting them all the time.

Lots of people, many of them in DC are scratching their heads, they had the tea party thing 'so labeled.' Next will be the GOP, if they spend the next two years true to form.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Kathianne, even the teabaggers don't know what their movement is about. You ask one question to any group of them and you get 20 totally different answers from them with the caveat that "the goddamed gov'ment better keep their goddamed hands off their social security and medicare" from about all of them. Ain't that a hoot?!?!?!!?!?!???!

As they put forth candidates like Sharonn Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Joe Wilson, Ken Buck and others they will go into disfavor with the American people rather quickly. Don't you think?

Love :laugh2:

Psychoblues

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Kathianne, even the teabaggers don't know what their movement is about. You ask one question to any group of them and you get 20 totally different answers from them with the caveat that "the goddamed gov'ment better keep their goddamed hands off their social security and medicare" from about all of them. Ain't that a hoot?!?!?!!?!?!???!

As they put forth candidates like Sharonn Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Joe Wilson, Ken Buck and others they will go into disfavor with the American people rather quickly. Don't you think?

Psychoblues

Time will tell. I don't think you understand what's up with them.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Time will tell. I don't think you understand what's up with them.

Maybe I don't, Kathianne. It seems to me, however, they are mostly comprised of relatively low information activists in their own minds stirred up with all sorts of class, race and political misinformation from some very big monied interests that are generally extreme right wing and corporate. That's what it looks like to me.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
10-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Maybe I don't, Kathianne. It seems to me, however, they are mostly comprised of relatively low information activists in their own minds stirred up with all sorts of class, race and political misinformation from some very big monied interests that are generally extreme right wing and corporate. That's what it looks like to me.

Psychoblues

Have you been to a Tea Party event PB? Perhaps you should attend and form your own opinions rather than forming them from what you glean from the media.

Just go, meet and greet, chat a little, listen a lot ... then tell us what your impressions are.

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Have you been to a Tea Party event PB? Perhaps you should attend and form your own opinions rather than forming them from what you glean from the media.

Just go, meet and greet, chat a little, listen a lot ... then tell us what your impressions are.

He claims he has, so we'll accept it. Either he lives in an area I've not heard about or he brought a plank in his eye with him. Dunno.

What most on the left keep missing is that the tea party is not against Democrats and for Republicans. They do not care for either of them. Because the Republicans tend to be a little less wasteful than the Democrats AND are out of power, they'll benefit in a few weeks. Then the really hard part for them begins.

I don't think the Republicans are capable or willing to do what the tea party wants, so they need to find the candidates for 2012 that can. In the meantime perhaps the gridlock will help and just maybe some of the newly elected will actually try to act for the people.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 02:23 AM

I've been there and done that, mkp, and I continue to maintain my opinion of them. We have a small group of them here in North Mississippi. They are mostly of the more Libertarian leaning bunch and to listen to them speak and attempt to promote their political ideologies is like listening to a bunch of 7th graders just out of their first civics class. It's totally disorganized, me, me, me and no direction at all can be gleaned from their prepared work. Even as a Democrat rather used to disorganization I can't deal with what they have to offer. And then to couple all that with the hate, fear, gun promotion (where did that come from?) and just general ignorance about actually how to get things done, well I was just amazed they were able to put 20 people together!!!!!!!

Thanks for the holler back, mkp.

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
That's his claim. Things are not looking good for non-conservatives right now:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d70eP7fuq1Y&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d70eP7fuq1Y&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

from Althouse: Russ Feingold and his GOP challenger Ron Johnson answer a question about how close they are to the beliefs of the Tea Party. (http://althouse.blogspot.com/2010/10/russ-feingold-and-his-gop-challenger.html)

Lots of people, many of them in DC are scratching their heads, they had the tea party thing 'so labeled.' Next will be the GOP, if they spend the next two years true to form.

They are getting desperate and the polls show why

Republican Ron Johnson now leads incumbent Democrat Russ Feingold by 12 points in Wisconsin’s race for the U.S. Senate.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Johnson picking up 54% support, while Feingold, who is running for his fourth term in the Senate, gets 42% of the vote with leaners included. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and two percent (2%) more are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/wisconsin/election_2010_wisconsin_senate