PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Been Noticing?

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 02:45 AM
In the past few weeks as the polls continue to show Democrats about to be trounced, suddenly there's so many more 'balanced stories' from the MSM? It's like NYT and WaPo, even the LA Times suddenly remembered what journalism is supposed to be.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 03:04 AM
In the past few weeks as the polls continue to show Democrats about to be trounced, suddenly there's so many more 'balanced stories' from the MSM? It's like NYT and WaPo, even the LA Times suddenly remembered what journalism is supposed to be.

Why, thank you for noticing, Kathianne!!!!!!! I detect no significant change in their journalistic integrity but it is nice to see you admit that you find their reporting "balanced". I still don't have much use for the right wingers but facts are facts. Mid terms are traditionally hard on the party in power. I don't believe that the country is at all happy with the right wing tactics and attitudes as we remain a center left nation but the propensities of the mid-term voters to seek a more centrist governance than is generally perceived in the first few years of a new President is well known and well documented.

Thanks for all them good thangs you said 'bout my favorite newspapers!!!!!!!!!!!

Love :laugh2:

Psychoblues

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 03:05 AM
Why, thank you for noticing, Kathianne!!!!!!! I detect no significant change in their journalistic integrity but it is nice to see you admit that you find their reporting "balanced". I still don't have much use for the right wingers but facts are facts. Mid terms are traditionally hard on the party in power. I don't believe that the country is at all happy with the right wing tactics and attitudes as we remain a center left nation but the propensities of the mid-term voters to seek a more centrist governance than is generally perceived in the first few years of a new President is well known and well documented.

Thanks for all them good thangs you said 'bout my favorite newspapers!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

No problem, when they return true to form, I'll post that too.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 03:08 AM
No problem, when they return true to form, I'll post that too.

I think they remain true to form but if you perceive something different I'm certain you will post about it!!!!!!!!! I never had any doubt about that!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
10-11-2010, 05:03 AM

When the last lifeboat left the Titantic, those left on board finally admitted the ship was going to sink

The same thing is starting to happen in the White House PR staff in the liberal media, Despite their best efforts to paint the opposition as racists and uninformed idiots, the ems are going to get beat badly

Of course now the liberal media is whining about all the "attack" ads being run against the Dems and they are now whining about that

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUVr8zaG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUVr8zaG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Kathianne
10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Here's another very unlikely source from an unlikely outlet:

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,2024718,00.html

Monday, Oct. 11, 2010
Why Obama Is Losing the Political War
By Mark Halperin

Barack Obama is being politically crushed in a vise. From above, by elite opinion about his competence. From below, by mass anger and anxiety over unemployment. And it is too late for him to do anything about this predicament until after November's elections.

With the exception of core Obama Administration loyalists, most politically engaged elites have reached the same conclusions: the White House is in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless about how to get along with or persuade members of Congress, the media, the business community or working-class voters. This view is held by Fox News pundits, executives and anchors at the major old-media outlets, reporters who cover the White House, Democratic and Republican congressional leaders and governors, many Democratic business people and lawyers who raised big money for Obama in 2008, and even some members of the Administration just beyond the inner circle. (See Obama's troubled first year, issue by issue.)

On Friday, after the release of the latest bleak unemployment data — the last major jobs figures before the midterms — Obama said, "Putting the American people back to work, expanding opportunity, rebuilding the economic security of the middle class is the moral and national challenge of our time." But elites feel the President has failed to meet that challenge and are convinced he will be unable to do so in the remainder of his term. Moreover, there is a growing perception that Obama's decisions are causing harm — that businesses are being hurt by the Administration's legislation and that economic recovery is stalling because of the uncertainty surrounding energy policy, health care, deficits, housing, immigration and spending.

And that sentiment is spreading...

Now all bets are off once the 2012 cycle begins. Obama will be redeemed and all comers demonized.

darin
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Kathianne wrote "There seem to be MORE balanced stories"

Another twisted that into saying kathianne believes "the media is more balanced".

That's what's wrong with the country - in a nutshell. People will twist ANYTHING into something they agree with - or twist it as a way to convince another of a point.

:(

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Kathianne wrote "There seem to be MORE balanced stories"

Another twisted that into saying kathianne believes "the media is more balanced".

That's what's wrong with the country - in a nutshell. People will twist ANYTHING into something they agree with - or twist it as a way to convince another of a point.

:(

You're such a sucker for humor that you don't understand, dimples!!!!! I bet you're a real bitch to work with in your ultra important GS 3 position in the United States of America making all them millions of dollars and sapping off the taxpayers in your over 100% retirement benefits and all of them paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave!!!!!! Hell, yall get paid jury leave, don't you? Everybody is told by the judge it's a civic responsibility and regardless of having to shut your business down or whatever you still have to serve. Ain't that a damned hoot!!!!!!!!

It's GREAT to see you, dimples. I hope you and the family are doing well and I hope to see you on the board more often!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

darin
10-11-2010, 08:15 PM
You're such a sucker for humor that you don't understand, dimples!!!!! I bet you're a real bitch to work with in your ultra important GS 3 position in the United States of America making all them millions of dollars and sapping off the taxpayers in your over 100% retirement benefits and all of them paid holidays, annual leave and sick leave!!!!!! Hell, yall get paid jury leave, don't you? Everybody is told by the judge it's a civic responsibility and regardless of having to shut your business down or whatever you still have to serve. Ain't that a damned hoot!!!!!!!!

It's GREAT to see you, dimples. I hope you and the family are doing well and I hope to see you on the board more often!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Please don't use this board - this thread especially - as a reason to flame.
- next time you get a week ban.

Psychoblues
10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Please don't use this board - this thread especially - as a reason to flame.
- next time you get a week ban.

Holy Moly, dimples!!!!!!!!! I'm just kidding you and using tactics I see on this board every day!!!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of ppl here that believe government workers are paid too much, have benefits out the kazoo and retirements that exceed everything on Earth. Or maybe you just have something against me. That's pretty sad, dimples. I thought we could speak to each other as adults and without the threats. And I am certainly not threatening YOU in ANY way.

Please, I need to understand what you are finding so offensive and I am certain others here on the board are a bit confused as well. Could you do me the kind favor of at least pm'ing me if you see me getting out of line? Seriously, dimples, I like you and I thought we had resolved our differences a while back?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

BTW, Kathianne did not write "there seem to be". It is you that is making the twist and confusing the information. Take another look at the opening post.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
10-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Dimples, I just saw your little note to me in the rep section. Seriously, dmp, we can do better than that can't we? Just what is it that I have failed to "debate" with you?

Perhaps all your misunderstanding and failure to notice even simply nuanced conversation is why you remain in such a low rank in your government position. Don't you think?

Psychoblues

Kathianne
10-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Holy Moly, dimples!!!!!!!!! I'm just kidding you and using tactics I see on this board every day!!!!!!!!!!! There are a lot of ppl here that believe government workers are paid too much, have benefits out the kazoo and retirements that exceed everything on Earth. Or maybe you just have something against me. That's pretty sad, dimples. I thought we could speak to each other as adults and without the threats. And I am certainly not threatening YOU in ANY way.

Please, I need to understand what you are finding so offensive and I am certain others here on the board are a bit confused as well. Could you do me the kind favor of at least pm'ing me if you see me getting out of line? Seriously, dimples, I like you and I thought we had resolved our differences a while back?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

BTW, Kathianne did not write "there seem to be". It is you that is making the twist and confusing the information. Take another look at the opening post.

Psychoblues

Right at the end of the sentence. I know, it's hard since it's complex:

is supposed to be.

BTW, you get 24 off for continuing to flame mods and admin. Seriously, if you wish to participate here, you do have to play nicely.