PDA

View Full Version : Why are our conservative members unable to debate?

diuretic
05-03-2007, 05:31 AM
As soon as you pin them down, which is very often, it turns to name-calling, stereotypical abuse, hysteria, crying, whining, complaining, gathering their little mates to come and help them deal with the big bad liberals. I know Bill O'Reilly is a blowhard fucking idiot who is fucked without the ability to shut the microphone down when he is getting owned - which is anytime a liberal takes him on - but why do his acolytes insist on reproducing the Flying Falafel's whiny behaviour here? Pussies, complete pussies. Whiny little momma's boys who as soon as they get taken apart by a liberal, immediately start calling foul.

Are they any use in a forum?

stephanie
05-03-2007, 05:35 AM
:laugh2:That's funny......That's the same they ask about you all...Weird?..

diuretic
05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
:laugh2:That's funny......That's the same they ask about you all...Weird?..

Hey, I don't go off like the Flying Falafel! I might be hard to get on with but no way am I like the old Bill-oh! I'm nice to the ladies I work with! I know that a loofah is really used for! Don't put me in with that dirtbag!

Anyway where was I.

Oh yes, why are the conservative/reactionary members here so damn whiney?

stephanie
05-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Hey, I don't go off like the Flying Falafel! I might be hard to get on with but no way am I like the old Bill-oh! I'm nice to the ladies I work with! I know that a loofah is really used for! Don't put me in with that dirtbag!

Anyway where was I.

Oh yes, why are the conservative/reactionary members here so damn whiney?

:laugh2: You really are a nutcase, arent you....:dance:

And I mean that in a nice way....

diuretic
05-03-2007, 05:59 AM
:laugh2: You really are a nutcase, arent you....:dance:

Only in my off duty hours :coffee:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Only in my off duty hours :coffee:

Ah ha......I figured so..:poke:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Ah ha......I figured so..:poke:

I have the timing of the meds just right though. Nice and calm and happy at work and then when I quit, well, it's let 'er rip time! :lol:

It's okay though, I'm harmless. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Probably because I'm too loaded on Prozac that (a) I don't see it and (b) who cares anyway? :laugh2:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 06:16 AM
I have the timing of the meds just right though. Nice and calm and happy at work and then when I quit, well, it's let 'er rip time! :lol:

It's okay though, I'm harmless. Wouldn't hurt a fly. Probably because I'm too loaded on Prozac that (a) I don't see it and (b) who cares anyway? :laugh2:

Yikes.....I'm not so sure.....????
I'm blowing out of your way...Seeee yaaaaa..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/dogdaydrive.gif

:laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-03-2007, 06:17 AM

Shit.... try some Tramadol, and then chase that with some Vicodin, and then try and SLEEP! Ain't hap'nin pal... if you know what I mean. :eek:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Hah I tried all that stuff. Phoey....didn't even make me blink. :coffee:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Hah I tried all that stuff. Phooey....didn't even make me blink. :coffee:

But.......did it make ya stuttttttter??:poke:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 06:32 AM
But.......did it make ya stutttttttter??:poke:

OR........hallucinations of this..
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/yay2.gif

OR........THIS..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/hillwiggle.gif

Which is it???:laugh2:

05-03-2007, 06:39 AM
In order to debate one has to have opponents who actually try to make intelligent points.

Unfortunately i have yet to find a liberal who can make a point without attacking the person. hence people respond in kind.

I'm still waiting for a liberal to respond to the thread explaining why Bush didn't plant WMDs if he was lying and knew there wouldnt be any.

Nuc
05-03-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm still waiting for a liberal to respond to the thread explaining why Bush didn't plant WMDs if he was lying and knew there wouldnt be any.

I have often wondered about that.

Pale Rider
05-03-2007, 06:45 AM
OR........hallucinations of this..

OR........THIS..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/hillwiggle.gif

Which is it???:laugh2:

OK... all the beer and whiskey I've had tonight... I better go talk on the big white phone after seein that... :puke:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Sorry diuretic.........I got wayyyyy off tract...
Now back to the subject at hand...
What was the question again?? :laugh2:

You're a funny guy, and a good sport......love the funnies...:cheers2:

Gaffer
05-03-2007, 08:06 AM
As soon as you pin them down, which is very often, it turns to name-calling, stereotypical abuse, hysteria, crying, whining, complaining, gathering their little mates to come and help them deal with the big bad liberals. I know Bill O'Reilly is a blowhard fucking idiot who is fucked without the ability to shut the microphone down when he is getting owned - which is anytime a liberal takes him on - but why do his acolytes insist on reproducing the Flying Falafel's whiny behaviour here? Pussies, complete pussies. Whiny little momma's boys who as soon as they get taken apart by a liberal, immediately start calling foul.

I'm surprised to see such trype coming from you. I thought you were better than this.

shattered
05-03-2007, 08:21 AM

:poke: That's both sides, actually... :poke:

Nuc
05-03-2007, 08:22 AM

Truer words never spoken.

shattered
05-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Truer words never spoken.

I'm always fair. :)

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:34 PM
In order to debate one has to have opponents who actually try to make intelligent points.

Unfortunately i have yet to find a liberal who can make a point without attacking the person. hence people respond in kind.

Where is it?

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Sorry diuretic.........I got wayyyyy off tract...
Now back to the subject at hand...
What was the question again?? :laugh2:

You're a funny guy, and a good sport......love the funnies...:cheers2:

Occasionally I get out of hand but I'm not the topic of this thread so back to business.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm surprised to see such trype coming from you. I thought you were better than this.

My cat got at the keyboard, she HATES O'Reilly. :laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Yes it is.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Only in my off duty hours :coffee: I bet you have lots of those.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I bet you have lots of those.

There you go, made my case, can't address a point just go after the poster with a snide little personal remark.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
There you go, made my case, can't address a point just go after the poster with a snide little personal remark.
This is The Cage, asshole. Get out or over it.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
This is The Cage, asshole. Get out or over it.

I'm not particularly worried about your attempts at insult, I know it's The Cage which is why I asked the question here. But you see you didn't realise that you gave everyone reading the thread the opportunity to fully appreciate what I was getting at. So all that's left is to thank you for giving your evidence. :laugh2:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm not particularly worried about your attempts at insult, I know it's The Cage which is why I asked the question here. But you see you didn't realise that you gave everyone reading the thread the opportunity to fully appreciate what I was getting at. So all that's left is to thank you for giving your evidence. :laugh2:

Pfeeeesh..:slap:

loosecannon
05-03-2007, 08:45 PM

You think that because you have shit for brains.:laugh2:

(self applauding):clap: :clap: :clap:

Seriously dude. you crack us up.

This board was a RW circle jerk just a month ago in which every librul got hammered with volleys of feces just for posting.

And the RWers here are not particulary good at presenting an argument in defense of their positions.

They whine and resort pronto to adhoms.

Bottom line, you can't judge your neighbor till you clean up your own shit.

And you haven't.

FWIW, I fully expected Bush to plant WMD. What he did instead is latch onto a false discovery and spend a whole year pretending that WMD were discovered.

I can't tell you how many times I had to call a RWer on that because they would swear like a sailor that Iraq HAD WMD.

In fact I think at the 04 elections 50% of Americans actually still believed it. Because Bush had repeated it for a year.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Pfeeeesh..:slap:

Hey that hurt! :laugh2:

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow. You are full of shit. :laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow. You are full of shit. :laugh2:

Well dang if that didn't just take the cake, you're mighty smart, you do a lot of book learnin' so you can git to say them things like that? I'm a gonna be careful of you, you gonna outwit me every time on these here forums things. :laugh2:

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Well dang if that didn't just take the cake, you're mighty smart, you do a lot of book learnin' so you can git to say them things like that? I'm a gonna be careful of you, you gonna outwit me every time on these here forums things. :laugh2:
No doubt.

Gunny
05-03-2007, 09:37 PM

Has anyone pointed out to you that you have the description right, but you posted the wrong political idealism in your thread title?

IMO, you just described a WHOLE LOT of liberals -- moderates one and all -- just ask them.:poke:

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Was thinking the same thing.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Has anyone pointed out to you that you have the description right, but you posted the wrong political idealism in your thread title?

No, that's because until now everyone who read it knew what it meant :D

IMO, you just described a WHOLE LOT of liberals -- moderates one and all -- just ask them.:poke:

Hah you only have to point to me shooting my motor mouth off there re the O'Reilly post. I should kick my own arse for that one but I know I'd be jumping the queue (line) :laugh2:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Hah you only have to point to me shooting my motor mouth off there re the O'Reilly post. I should kick my own arse for that one but I know I'd be jumping the queue (line) :laugh2:

I want to see you kick your own arse...:cheers2:

Gunny
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM

So excepting yourself (I'll let you plead the 5th even if you're an Aussie), which liberal(s) is it that you believe puts any real effort into debate instead of spouting off talking points?

Gunny
I want to see you kick your own arse...:cheers2:

If he's as old as he says, you might not.

diuretic
Was thinking the same thing.

Just didn't wanna come out with it huh? :laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
If he's as old as he says, you might not.

Hey at least it's a big target! :lol:

stephanie
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM

:eek: THAT big...

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
:eek: THAT big...

Hugh1! I tell ya, Hugh1! Heck I have to send my arse an email to get it ready to move when I want to move my obese self off my specially reinforced and widened (as Toby puts it, "double-wide, double-wide) computer chair from NASA. :lol:

glockmail
Just didn't wanna come out with it huh? :laugh2:
I can't be shinin' all the sunshine, pal. :pee:

Gunny

There are plenty of conservatives on this board capable of debate. How many times do you suppose one wishes ot debate "Bush lied ...blah blah (insert accusation du jour)? And it's almost ALWAYS talking to a deaf ear. You could post two pages of facts and the response would be:

"Nuh-unh ...cuz Bush lied."

Or if you don't hate the ground Bush walks on then you automatically are a 110% rightwing extremist goosestepping nazi ....

Perhpas some people get tired of hearing it and "fuck it" is a better response.

A better question is I KNOW there are conservatives and liberals alike on this board who can debate. So why do they choose not to?

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Hugh1! I tell ya, Hugh1! Heck I have to send my arse an email to get it ready to move when I want to move my obese self off my specially reinforced and widened (as Toby puts it, "double-wide, double-wide) computer chair from NASA. :lol: I figgered you might be Fat Bastard. Where's Minnie Me?

:laugh2: :laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I can't be shinin' all the sunshine, pal. :pee:

Taling about Glow Worms:

I wish I were a glow worm, a glow worm is never glum, because how could you be unhappy when the sun shines out your bum?

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
There are plenty of conservatives on this board capable of debate. How many times do you suppose one wishes ot debate "Bush lied ...blah blah (insert accusation du jour)? And it's almost ALWAYS talking to a deaf ear. You could post two pages of facts and the response would be:

Or if you don't hate the ground Bush walks on then you automatically are a 110% rightwing extremist goosestepping nazi ....

A better question is I KNOW there are conservatives and liberals alike on this board who can debate. So why do they choose not to?

I dunno why they choose not to debate, that's why I asked.

Gunny
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I dunno why they choose not to debate, that's why I asked.

Your thread title uses the word "unable." "Unable" and "choose not to" are two different things.

Your thread title also points a finger exclusively at conservatives, when there are just as many liberals who do the same thing.

I was just helping you correct your paper.:laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Your thread title uses the word "unable." "Unable" and "choose not to" are two different things.

Your thread title also points a finger exclusively at conservatives, when there are just as many liberals who do the same thing.

I was just helping you correct your paper.:laugh2:

I got graded!! :cheers2:

Actually I was being mischievous. I assumed the conclusion didn't I? I would have got a flogging from a certain grumpy philosophy professor whom I used to try and avoid like poison ivy. I should have asked, "Are our conservative members unable or unwilling to debate?" But since I'm a dead-set mischievous little rotter I chose the title I did! :slap: :laugh2:

Gunny
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM

Actually I was being mischievous. I assumed the conclusion didn't I? I would have got a flogging from a certain grumpy philosophy professor whom I used to try and avoid like poison ivy. I should have asked, "Are our conservative members unable or unwilling to debate?" But since I'm a dead-set mischievous little rotter I chose the title I did! :slap: :laugh2:

What is with you Aussies? Every one of you is a wiseass.:laugh2:

diuretic
05-03-2007, 10:26 PM
What is with you Aussies? Every one of you is a wiseass.:laugh2:

The others reckon I'm slow :laugh2:

Pale Rider
05-03-2007, 10:28 PM
There isn't ONE LIBERAL on the board that can debate worth crap, and they are ALWAYS the FIRST ONES to start with the smartass. Especially that steaming pile of pig shit baron von scab picker. What a freaking vile rat bastard that is. Neg reps me and tells me to go fuck my mother, and then calls me a c*nt. Yeah... a real class act. But, a prime example of the board liberals.

lily
05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Wow this is so cool. I haven't seen 4 pages of I know you are, but what am I in years.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:49 AM

I see a pattern here: bullshit posts, and when called on it: "I was just being mischievous". :slap:

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I see a pattern here: bullshit posts, and when called on it: "I was just being mischievous". :slap:

You do? You're looking so hard? STALKER!!! :laugh2:

Hobbit
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM

This pretty much sums it up. When liberals come on with research and facts (which they do, on occassion), I debate, because I enjoy it. However, I can only stand so much of my best arguments being countered with rhetorical one-liners, such as "Bush lied," or "That's just a right-wing hate group," or "That's racist," or the dozens of other knee-jerk responses.

The worst, by far, is Gabby. Any time I start making valid points, she 'invalidates' them by pointing out that I'm from Arkansas and am obviously wrong on everything. Never mind that I scored over a 30 on the ACT and was accepted to the most exclusive college in the country (United States Naval Academy), I'm from Arkansas, and that makes me stupid.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 09:32 AM
This pretty much sums it up. When liberals come on with research and facts (which they do, on occassion), I debate, because I enjoy it. However, I can only stand so much of my best arguments being countered with rhetorical one-liners, such as "Bush lied," or "That's just a right-wing hate group," or "That's racist," or the dozens of other knee-jerk responses.

The worst, by far, is Gabby. Any time I start making valid points, she 'invalidates' them by pointing out that I'm from Arkansas and am obviously wrong on everything. Never mind that I scored over a 30 on the ACT and was accepted to the most exclusive college in the country (United States Naval Academy), I'm from Arkansas, and that makes me stupid.

Funnily enough I find the same. But it comes from the conservatives. I hate the smear, the generalisation, the personal crap.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 11:27 AM
You do? You're looking so hard? STALKER!!! :laugh2:
Just a casual observer. I have no desire to look any closer.

lily
05-04-2007, 04:43 PM
This conversation is so deep.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Just a casual observer. I have no desire to look any closer.

That's a relief :coffee:

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
This conversation is so deep.

I'm out of my depth here....I think I'll have to make a graceful exit. :cheers2:

Baron Von Esslingen
05-06-2007, 12:17 PM
There isn't ONE LIBERAL on the board that can debate worth crap, and they are ALWAYS the FIRST ONES to start with the smartass. Especially that steaming pile of pig shit baron von scab picker. What a freaking vile rat bastard that is. Neg reps me and tells me to go fuck my mother, and then calls me a c*nt. Yeah... a real class act. But, a prime example of the board liberals.

Well, the same can be said about you. Good thing you don't work for Paul Harvey because we would never learn the REST OF THE STORY.

You started a "Cut & Run" thread in an attempt to bash the Liberals. I inserted Reagan's contribution to the Cut & Run party which pissed you off. I put forth the truth that Reagan used to be a Liberal which you denied. I then PROVED it and you started in on the personal attacks because your gun was out of ammo. Then you neg repped me with a vulgar comment (amazing from the guy who claims to be "offended" when a Liberal makes a similar comment) and I returned the vulgar comment and then some. Then all the whining started about how Liberals don't want to debate, blah, blah, blah, and on and on. You failed to realize, boy, we were debating until you made accusations that I was "un-American" not only because of what I said about Reagan but because of my screen name and made it a personal pissing contest. If anyone doubts what happened, you can check it out for yourself. (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=2944)

So, you vile rat bastard, scab picking, scab eating, mother fucking pile of rancid pig shit, the next time you launch into a personal attack on me I will plant my boot so far up your ass that the shine comes off of it because I don't stand by when asswipes like you can't stand the heat of debate and make it personal. It's a road that runs in both directions and the Mack truck I drive with "LIBERAL" on the license plate would just as soon run you over as stop and talk to you. I don't have to start any of these fights; I just wait until the facts that I post overtake the conservative point of view and watch as almost every one of you descends into the oratorial gutter of the Politics of Personal Destruction in your responses. That's when I take the kid gloves off and watch the rightwingers howl. If that's how you want to play, come get some. Otherwise, stay on topic.

And you still owe Bill Clinton a letter of absolution. I'm waiting for you to keep your word.

manu1959
05-06-2007, 12:22 PM

your opening post did the same.....what would make you think someone from the opposistion would not respond in kind....