PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi says, "We're not losing"

Little-Acorn
10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Remarkable. An unusual example of a rat swimming TOWARD a sinking ship.

--------------------------------------

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2010/10/pelosi-says-were-not-losing-vows-democrats-will-win-congress-november

Pelosi Says, "We're Not Losing," Vows Democrats Will Win Congress In November

Callie Schweitzer | October 10, 2010
Editor-in-Chief

Nancy Pelosi is painted as one of the more resilient politicians entering the midterm elections in a Sunday New York Times article. So much so, in fact, she tells the Times and other reporters in San Francisco, "We're not losing...I feel that we will be in the majority and that I will be speaker of the House."

From the Times:

In recent months, the 70-year-old speaker’s days have been packed with private fund-raising events across the country for many of the Democrats who have been publicly avoiding her like bedbugs. (Since the beginning of 2009, she has raised $52.3 million for Democratic incumbents, candidates and the party’s Congressional campaign committee, second only to President Obama among Democrats.)

But Pelosi remains confident with less than a month to go before November's elections.

In response to a reporter's question if she thinks about not keeping the House, Pelosi says, "No, never."

David Plouffe, President Barack Obama's 2008 campaign manager, told reporters Thursday that Democrats should expect Republicans to take control of Congress in November's elections.

In July, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said there was a strong chance the Democrats would lose control of the House in November.

Pagan
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
http://pix.rejecttheherd.net/d/6063-1/acid.jpg

DragonStryk72
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Remarkable. An unusual example of a rat swimming TOWARD a sinking ship.

--------------------------------------

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2010/10/pelosi-says-were-not-losing-vows-democrats-will-win-congress-november

Pelosi Says, "We're Not Losing," Vows Democrats Will Win Congress In November

Callie Schweitzer | October 10, 2010
Editor-in-Chief

Nancy Pelosi is painted as one of the more resilient politicians entering the midterm elections in a Sunday New York Times article. So much so, in fact, she tells the Times and other reporters in San Francisco, "We're not losing...I feel that we will be in the majority and that I will be speaker of the House."

From the Times:

In recent months, the 70-year-old speaker’s days have been packed with private fund-raising events across the country for many of the Democrats who have been publicly avoiding her like bedbugs. (Since the beginning of 2009, she has raised $52.3 million for Democratic incumbents, candidates and the party’s Congressional campaign committee, second only to President Obama among Democrats.)

But Pelosi remains confident with less than a month to go before November's elections.

In response to a reporter's question if she thinks about not keeping the House, Pelosi says, "No, never."

David Plouffe, President Barack Obama's 2008 campaign manager, told reporters Thursday that Democrats should expect Republicans to take control of Congress in November's elections.

In July, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said there was a strong chance the Democrats would lose control of the House in November.

It's not losing, just winning at failure

SassyLady
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
It's not losing, just winning at failure
Good one!

DragonStryk72
10-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Good one!

I have another actually: It's not losing, it's retrograde winning

KarlMarx
10-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Somehow I think I've heard that line before......

namvet
10-12-2010, 09:17 AM
never let a crisis go to waste huh ????

KarlMarx
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
As seems to be my talent (and everyone else's misfortune!), I'll misquote a line from a movie....

"I see dead people voting"