PDA

View Full Version : Rep. John Shimkus: Iraq War is Just a Game

Joe Steel
05-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I guess the killed and wounded are just balls and strikes.

WASHINGTON — Rep. John Shimkus likened the Iraq war to a baseball game Wednesday, but his analogy drew few fans and a chorus of boos.

"Imagine my beloved St. Louis Cardinals are playing the much-despised Chicago Cubs," Shimkus, R-Collinsville, began in a speech on the House floor.

In his brief but impassioned oratory, Shimkus argued that the Democratic bill calling for the withdrawal of American forces from Iraq was like the Cardinals abandoning the ballpark during a tied, extra-inning game.

"Who wins? We know it's the team that stays on the field," he said.

Shimkus' Cards-Cubs analogy to Iraq war strikes out, critics say (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/F88BA1D5099A7AB4862572D0000E4308?OpenDocument)

05-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I guess the killed and wounded are just balls and strikes.

the analogy is completely valid. The team that stays on the field is going to be the one who wins.

Considering Democrats are the actually playing games with peoples lives rather than just creating a valid analogy to a game, im not sure any of you have room to talk.

Gaffer
05-04-2007, 07:30 AM
It's a very good analogy. It hits home and the libs hate that. They can't stand people talking about facts and the truth.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Rubbish, it's a cartoon analogy. The man is a fool.