PDA

View Full Version : Ten years ago today

Little-Acorn
10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Ten years ago today, on Oct. 12, 2000, the American destroyer USS Cole was attacked by a group of Islamic militants in a small boat with a large bomb, in the port of Aden in Yemen. 17 U.S. sailors were killed and 39 more injured. Al Qaeda claimed responsiblity.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Ten years ago today, on Oct. 12, 2000, the American destroyer USS Cole was attacked by a group of Islamic militants in a small boat with a large bomb, in the port of Aden in Yemen. 17 U.S. sailors were killed and 39 more injured. Al Qaeda claimed responsiblity.

I'm sure this was Bush's fault, too.

Noir
10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
First I've heard of it, weird.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
First I've heard of it, weird.

Are you serious, Noir?

Guess you've never heard of Mogadisu either.

Noir
10-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Are you serious, Noir?

Guess you've never heard of Mogadisu either.

Yeah, well I was only ten at the time lol, and it's never been mentioned here or on any other American board I've been on

As for Mogadishu, I know it's in Somalia, but little beyond that.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah, well I was only ten at the time lol, and it's never been mentioned here or on any other American board I've been on

Movie "Blackhawk Down" was about Mogadishu.

Here's a great book for you to read...."Losing Bin Laden" by Richard Miniter. Details how there were several terrorists attacks on Americans prior to 9/11 and how Clinton dropped the ball several times.

link:

(http://www.regnery.com/regnery/030820_losing.html)
http://www.regnery.com/regnery/030820_losing.html

Losing bin Laden: How Bill Clinton’s Failures Unleashed Global Terror
by Richard Miniter
Regnery Publishing, Inc.; ISBN: 0895260743
Hardcover - 256 pages (September 2003)

Years before the public knew about bin Laden, Bill Clinton did. Bin Laden first attacked Americans during Clinton’s presidential transition in December 1992. He struck again at the World Trade Center in February 1993. Over the next eight years the archterrorist’s attacks would escalate killing hundreds and wounding thousands—while Clinton did his best to stymie the FBI and CIA and refused to wage a real war on terror.

Why?

The answer is here in investigative reporter Richard Miniter’s stunning exposé that includes exclusive interviews with both of Clinton’s National Security Advisors, Clinton’s counter-terrorism czar, his first CIA director, his Secretary of State, his Secretary of Defense, top CIA and FBI agents, lawmakers from both parties and foreign intelligence officials from France, Sudan, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as on the-scene coverage from Sudan, Egypt, and elsewhere.
(http://www.regnery.com/regnery/030820_losing.html)

DragonStryk72
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Give him a break, he was 10 year old brit, it's not like our country was a daily part of his routine.

Noir
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Give him a break, he was 10 year old brit, it's not like our country was a daily part of his routine.

Eggsacery. If it wasn't Pokémon or covered in chocolate it probably wasn't on my radar :3

@MKP, I see, I've never watched blackhawk down, not my kinda movie, but I'll keep in it mind for future reference.
And thanks for the book reference, looks interesting.

SassyLady
10-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Eggsacery. If it wasn't Pokémon or covered in chocolate it probably wasn't on my radar :3

@MKP, I see, I've never watched blackhawk down, not my kinda movie, but I'll keep in it mind for future reference.
And thanks for the book reference, looks interesting.

I do forget how young you are ... the sad thing is that many Americans are aware of these things either. I applaud your interest.