PDA

View Full Version : Scientist says 1 world Gov't is next step & if u don't like it u must be a ....

revelarts
10-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Scientist says 1 world Gov't is next step & if u don't like it u must be a ....Terrorist

I didn't know whether to put this under Science or Conspiracy theories or here. But this guy is serious as a heart attack and he mentions Elites of the world, that he knows, in a positive sense and those that don't believe the "inevitable" one world gov't will be good are not just wrong but terrorist. And what do we do to terrorist my friends. Do they have any rights in the U.S. nooo. Will they have More rights in a One world order. Umm Nooooo. Where could the "terrorist" go that don't like the one world gov't. Umm the moon. This is one of the main points AGAINST a one world gov't . If the unelected elite leadership goes mad or declares you a bad guy you've got no where to run and no appeal to any outside.

Anybody else about tired of being called a terrorist for believing in God and wanting the U.S. to be the U.S. of America and not a State in Untied Nations of the World.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fXtyxH2GG0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fXtyxH2GG0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Ok I've seen this guy before talking about some aspect futurism.
here he Goes into this type 1, 2 and 3 civilizations All are made up but he talks about them as if where some how behind the curb at level "ZERO". and makes the quick assumption that the only valid sources of energy are the stars. What about dilithium crystals...huh..? It would almost all be a joke but he's apparently on the inside with scientist, other world leaders. The guy give me the creeps. One of these pleasant people who might kill you for the good of mankind.

Pagan
10-13-2010, 07:36 PM
This has been a goal by the power elite for centuries, remember Daddy Bush's speech's "New World Order"? Read up about the Cecil Rhodes and why he set up the Rhode Scholarship. Look at the global "free trade", "Central Banks", "WTO", etc. etc.

It's not tin foil hat conspiracy crap even though they do muddy the water a bit. But it is in truth what has been happening for a very long time.

Noir
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I knew this would be Kaku lol, in a sense he probably is right, but I'd say (as also predicted by Sagan) we will destroy ourselves before we see the rise of humanity to level one, and all of us to the Galactic age.

Pagan
10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I knew this would be Kaku lol, in a sense he probably is right, but I'd say (as also predicted by Sagan) we will destroy ourselves before we see the rise of humanity to level one, and all of us to the Galactic age.

You know what's interesting is more and more being found out about the Roman Empire, they were the Barbarians. They just had the biggest Professional Army and pillaged and stole what they wanted.

Anyway when Rome invaded the Isle of Rhodes the Greeks were actually on the verge of an Industrial Revolution. Rome did not bring civilization, it actually set human civilization back a 1000 years.

KarlMarx
10-13-2010, 07:45 PM
There is also a push for a single global currency.

Eventually, currency will be replaced with electronic currency. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without using it. Since we live in a global economy, it won't be much of a stretch to see a single global currency used. Eventually, for security reasons, people will just be chipped. The chip will identify you, and will allow you to buy things without a credit card or an electronic device that can be stolen. Unfortunately, it will also be used to track your buying habits, your location... you won't have any privacy.

Suddenly the mark of the beast described in Revelation will be a reality. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without it.

With a single world government running the internet (or will it be called The Matrix?), such a scenario can be taken to its logical and very disturbing conclusion.

A single world government run by an elite class of people ruling billions of others who have no freedom and no alternative government to flee to. Such a government will abuse its limitless power and be more corrupt than anything in human history.

The days described in the Book of Revelation seem less a religious fantasy and more a reality as time goes on.

Pagan
10-13-2010, 07:56 PM
There is also a push for a single global currency.

Eventually, currency will be replaced with electronic currency. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without using it. Since we live in a global economy, it won't be much of a stretch to see a single global currency used. Eventually, for security reasons, people will just be chipped. The chip will identify you, and will allow you to buy things without a credit card or an electronic device that can be stolen. Unfortunately, it will also be used to track your buying habits, your location... you won't have any privacy.

Suddenly the mark of the beast described in Revelation will be a reality. You won't be able to buy or sell anything without it.

With a single world government running the internet (or will it be called The Matrix?), such a scenario can be taken to its logical and very disturbing conclusion.

A single world government run by an elite class of people ruling billions of others who have no freedom and no alternative government to flee to. Such a government will abuse its limitless power and be more corrupt than anything in human history.

The days described in the Book of Revelation seem less a religious fantasy and more a reality as time goes on.

Aaah the "Book of Revelations", I like Thomas Jefferson's opinion on it -

"No man on earth has less taste or talent for criticism than myself, and least and last of all should I undertake to criticise works on the Apocalypse. It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it, and I then considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."
-- Thomas Jefferson
To General Alexander Smyth
MONTICELLO, January 17, 1825.

revelarts
10-13-2010, 10:34 PM

Ok Noir,
Wait a minute.
Why is level one a "RISE"? who says one culture (Arnold and Madonna :eek:) and one world gov't is better than multiple varieties of cultures freely cross pollinating or not. Your a euro, I thought you guys liked to visit other cultures and could see the value of just leaving people alone. Shouldn't Variant legal, power and moneyed structures be "allowed" to thrive? Isn't that part of the real idea of positive Multiculturalism and tolerance.

Isn't forcing or encouraging people to conform (no pressure) to this One world idea kind of like proselytizing? Trying to get converts to the one world order thinking. Reject nationalism, be a believer, trust the one world gov't. It's coming, if not, we all perish.

It's possible to use alternative energies without becoming a one world gov't planet right? Isn't it possible that countries or private companies could cooperate and make it to "level 1" tech without a the strait jacket of a unitary world authority? Sure it is.

And C'mon.
All the scenarios -1,2,3- are only SciFi concepts, completely manufactured, not predictive at all. Last i checked most people, even scientist, still can't predict the future. um ...Malthus. um population bomb... uh global cooling (Moore's laws been pretty good in the narrow area) And besides there are several different versions of the future in science fiction. The outline of level 1, 2 and 3 is only one. Some, like those imagined by Sagen, are pretty dark. And other than Star Trek I dunno of very many Sci Fi scenarios where a 1 world gov't is a good thing. do you?

Noir
10-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Well I like to look at things optamisticly lol,

Take what we are using now, the Internet. It *is* the first fully operational level one system and tbh it's pretty bloomin' amazing, no? And it will become even moreso as social networks online and irl merge (for example augmented reality and the rise of the cloud)

As for culture, you can have one culture and still be radically different, case in point is the UK, while England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in one sense can be said to be the same, the differences areplain to anyone that's been to them.

Have you been to Europe before and after most countries switched to the Euro? If so did it affect your trip or experience of it in any way after it had changed?

Ofcourse some nations can become level one without others, but the idea would be that humanity would want to share these powers for the betterment of all regardless of nationality. For example, one day (some say we already cruy can) we will be able to guide hurricanes back to sea with ease, say America develops that level one weather control technology, would it just stand idly by and do nothing about a hurricane heading straight for Mexico? I would like to think not.

Now again this is me being optimistic, these tools can be used for bad as much as they can good, and like I said I don't think we'll make it far enough to use most of them, but like the Internet, they could also be amazing.

Gaffer
10-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Well I like to look at things optamisticly lol,

Take what we are using now, the Internet. It *is* the first fully operational level one system and tbh it's pretty bloomin' amazing, no? And it will become even moreso as social networks online and irl merge (for example augmented reality and the rise of the cloud)

As for culture, you can have one culture and still be radically different, case in point is the UK, while England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in one sense can be said to be the same, the differences areplain to anyone that's been to them.

Have you been to Europe before and after most countries switched to the Euro? If so did it affect your trip or experience of it in any way after it had changed?

Ofcourse some nations can become level one without others, but the idea would be that humanity would want to share these powers for the betterment of all regardless of nationality. For example, one day (some say we already cruy can) we will be able to guide hurricanes back to sea with ease, say America develops that level one weather control technology, would it just stand idly by and do nothing about a hurricane heading straight for Mexico? I would like to think not.

Now again this is me being optimistic, these tools can be used for bad as much as they can good, and like I said I don't think we'll make it far enough to use most of them, but like the Internet, they could also be amazing.

your right Noir, it is amazing. And you can feel optimistic, but you always have to take in account of human nature. Corrupt elitist will be at every level. Even if the world got to that level it would crumble. You can't have diversity in a level one world. You can't have free speech. And you can't have elections.

There is no level two coming from a level one. from level one we go back to the stone age.

KarlMarx
10-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Aaah the "Book of Revelations", I like Thomas Jefferson's opinion on it -

"No man on earth has less taste or talent for criticism than myself, and least and last of all should I undertake to criticise works on the Apocalypse. It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it, and I then considered it as merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."
-- Thomas Jefferson
To General Alexander Smyth
MONTICELLO, January 17, 1825.

Strange, how 20 centuries ago, a maniac managed to predict what is now plausible. Perhaps he got lucky, or perhaps he was inspired. Either way, one currency is being promoted by 420 banks

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=213953

Little-Acorn
10-14-2010, 11:27 AM
this guy is serious as a heart attack
Blinders-on fanatics usually are.

the "inevitable" one world gov't will be good
Mr. Kaku, I hope you're a good scientist. Because you suck at social understanding.

Don't quit your day job.....

Pagan
10-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Strange, how 20 centuries ago, a maniac managed to predict what is now plausible. Perhaps he got lucky, or perhaps he was inspired. Either way, one currency is being promoted by 420 banks

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=213953

Just like any soothsayers, they speak in generalities and predict obvious events in an attempt to be credible. Nothing new, go to some fortune teller sometime ............

Noir
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Blinders-on fanatics usually are.

Mr. Kaku, I hope you're a good scientist. Because you suck at social understanding.

Don't quit your day job.....

He is a fantastic scientist, have seen him present a number of shows on Quantum Physics and more philosophical programs like what is time/infinity etc.

Though I concur his scientific understanding doesn't really translate to the social, I still think he is somewhat right in his predictions. Inwhich case we can only hope fir the best outcome.

KarlMarx
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Just like any soothsayers, they speak in generalities and predict obvious events in an attempt to be credible. Nothing new, go to some fortune teller sometime ............
No, in the matter of the mark of the Beast, Revelation is quite specific...

Revelation 13:16-17
"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-30910">

17</sup>so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

It is plausible that "the Beast" refers to the head of a word government and that "the mark" could be a computer chip by which electronic transactions are made.

Pagan
10-14-2010, 10:23 PM

Revelation 13:16-17
"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-30910">

17</sup>so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

It is plausible that "the Beast" refers to the head of a word government and that "the mark" could be a computer chip by which electronic transactions are made.

Aaah yes, just like the second coming was to be within 100 A.D.

Matthew 23:36 (King James Version)

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Matthew 24:30-34 (King James Version)

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

KarlMarx
10-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Aaah yes, just like the second coming was to be within 100 A.D.

Matthew 23:36 (King James Version)

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Matthew 24:30-34 (King James Version)

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Pagan

I think you misunderstood what I was driving at. I wasn't preaching the 2nd coming. I was saying that it is possible that with a single world government, and with a single currency, that people would be chipped. That would be very like what Revelation described.

I hope that I'm wrong but, it seems, as time goes on there is more talk in favor of a world government and now, with the uncertain economic times we are in, a single currency.

Compounding that is the trend towards using electronic currency instead of physical currency.

The technology that allows chipping people already exists.

It's not much of a stretch to put this all together and see what kind of world this would be with a single government that can keep track of its citizens by the use of implantable technology. A technology that would be necessary for common people to buy the things that they need, I should add.

Noir
10-15-2010, 05:54 AM

It is plausible that...

Slight contradiction in terms lol.

Pagan
10-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Pagan

I think you misunderstood what I was driving at. I wasn't preaching the 2nd coming. I was saying that it is possible that with a single world government, and with a single currency, that people would be chipped. That would be very like what Revelation described.

I hope that I'm wrong but, it seems, as time goes on there is more talk in favor of a world government and now, with the uncertain economic times we are in, a single currency.

Compounding that is the trend towards using electronic currency instead of physical currency.

The technology that allows chipping people already exists.

It's not much of a stretch to put this all together and see what kind of world this would be with a single government that can keep track of its citizens by the use of implantable technology. A technology that would be necessary for common people to buy the things that they need, I should add.

And you're missing what I'm saying, soothsayers, shamans, ________ (just fill in blank) of anyone who claims to be able to predict the future they all speak in generalities, throw in things as with trends in society, etc.

You know just like Nostradamus and those who claim his powers to predict the future. Same shit, just different spin, hell go read tea leaves and runes and you'll get the same shit.

revelarts
10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Um , you dont get the same --it really.
But I don't you'd take the time to see the difference.

but

I've found a quote that stuck me and applies to this guy and I think many others who blighthly think that world gov't is a good thing.

"Remarkably virtually everyone in developed countries desperately tries to believe that they are immune to indoctrination. They think for themselves and readily know the difference between truth and falsity, fantasy and reality, superstition and science, fact and fiction. Technologically sophisticated cultures are conditioned to accept belief systems, behaviors, and values that would have been rejected out of hand by their stone-age predecessors. Primitives would instantly sense the obvious threats to survival and adjustment, or simple nonsense, inherent in many of the treasured beliefs of modern society." -- Wilson Bryan Key, The Age of Manipulation

Applies to the lefts benign and accepting attitude toward euthanasia and abortion too.

SassyLady
10-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Though I concur his scientific understanding doesn't really translate to the social, I still think he is somewhat right in his predictions. Inwhich case we can only hope fir the best outcome.

Noir, have you ever watched the animated flick "Chicken Run"? I think you might enjoy it. There are some chickens who don't want to wait around and be made into chicken pot pies and they are pretty innovative about getting free....they certainly didn't sit around and say "well, it's inevitable" or ... "well, let's hope for the best outcome".

Evil can only exist when good men do nothing.....Edmund Burke

who, BTW, also said this (which is appropriate to our other thread on fear)

Early and provident fear is the mother of safety.

Speech on the Petition of the Unitarians (1792-05-11)

Noir
10-22-2010, 02:53 PM
MKP, not only do I think what is happening will happen, but it is somewhat desirable aslong as net neutrality is not comprised etc.

revelarts
10-22-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.governmentvideo.com/article/99530
The Death of Net Neutrality
October 13, 2010

...“Secret” negotiations between the telcos, Internet portal and application providers have been onagain, off-again for a few years, sometimes with FCC participation and sometimes without.

But the tipping point that seems to have gotten the Internet behemoths to join the telcos in calling for the end of net neutrality was the shift toward corporate friendliness of the Supreme Court as indicated by recent decisions on eminent domain, campaign finance and, in particular, the Comcast data throttling case.

Corporations now have their Constitutional rights as individuals guaranteed, while they are legally prohibited from shouldering the responsibilities and exhibiting the lawful/moral conduct required of individual citizens.

With all three branches of government seemingly under the corporation’s spell, the push to socialize debt and responsibility while privatizing corporate profit and privilege is accelerating. This means that net neutrality will soon be dead despite the public comments from FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski and the Obama administration to the contrary.

Even though Google and Verizon’s announced agreement will supposedly set aside net neutrality only for mobile operations, the goal is clearly to kill it altogether.

Mobile Internet apps and content use the Internet backbone to get data to the “final mile” segments — cell towers and Wi-Fi antennas used by smart phones and laptops. The right to “prioritize” data created by mobile app and content providers (for a prioritizing fee, of course) has to, by its very nature, involve throttling down non-prioritized data flows on the backbone....

SassyLady
10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
MKP, not only do I think what is happening will happen, but it is somewhat desirable aslong as net neutrality is not comprised etc.

Are you serious, Noir? Do you really want a one world government? Are you really into the herd mentality that deep?

Noir
10-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Are you serious, Noir? Do you really want a one world government? Are you really into the herd mentality that deep?

One world government? No, but that will be a likely bi-product of becoming a level one planet.

Do I want level one communications? Yes.
Level one weather control? Yes.
Level one Language? Yes.
Level one currency? Yes.
Level one culture? Yes.

Gaffer
10-22-2010, 05:49 PM
One world government? No, but that will be a likely bi-product of becoming a level one planet.

Level one Language? Yes.
Level one currency? Yes.
Level one culture? Yes.

All those things come with a one world government, which you will have no say in. Welcome to 1984. Are you willing to fight and die for that government? Will you be a one world patriot? Swearing your allegiance to to whatever they are calling it by then? And don't forget conscription. A government needs an army. You'll eat meat and like it.

Noir you have so much to look forward too.

Noir
10-22-2010, 06:21 PM
All those things come with a one world government, which you will have no say in. Welcome to 1984. Are you willing to fight and die for that government? Will you be a one world patriot? Swearing your allegiance to to whatever they are calling it by then? And don't forget conscription. A government needs an army. You'll eat meat and like it.

Noir you have so much to look forward too.

Ofcourse I wouldnt fight for a one world government, just like I wouldn't fight for a national government today.

As I said, one world gov. Is a likey outcome, our current national Goverments will be our 'regional' government. You need only follow how the EU is growing to see that.

BoogyMan
10-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Level one Language? Yes.
Level one currency? Yes.
Level one culture? Yes.

I will take first-rate freedom over your level-one ideology of global enslavement any day.

Noir
10-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I will take first-rate freedom over your level-one ideology of global enslavement any day.

But you don't really, if you did you wouldn't be living in America, there is a level that you will accept your freedoms to be compromised.

revelarts
10-23-2010, 12:10 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WudBfRa0ETw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WudBfRa0ETw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

revelarts
10-23-2010, 12:57 AM
many Scientist like to reference star trek as one ideal version of our future. I'm a star trek fan, but when i look at what's going on today i don't see a star trek federation of planets style pristine planet and the often obtuse but well meaning one world gov't earth federation council scenario.

what comes to my mind is this...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"your culture will adapt to service us... resistance is futile."

Even now there's no vote or even discussion on whether or not we want or need "the cloud". it's
"the cloud is the new system.. resistance is futile. Your data will not be as secure it will be available to the collective. resistances is futile."
but what about privacy?
"Privacy is irrelevant."
But what about freedom or alternatives?
"Freedom is irrelevant, Alternatives will not be allowed, you will be assimilated"

And that's not even a reality yet.

SassyLady
10-23-2010, 01:49 AM

Level one Language? Yes.
Level one currency? Yes.
Level one culture? Yes.

Why? Why would anyone want to be in a larger herd than they one they are already in? I love the diversity of our Type Zero planet. I love Nature in all her glory and don't want humans controlling that. And "one culture" (especially the one he refers to is the celebrity, rock and roll type of culture .... absolutely NOT)?

I like that humans around the world have differences.

I'm glad I won't be around for the "evolution into a Level One" planet.

Noir
10-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Why? Why would anyone want to be in a larger herd than they one they are already in? I love the diversity of our Type Zero planet. I love Nature in all her glory and don't want humans controlling that. And "one culture" (especially the one he refers to is the celebrity, rock and roll type of culture .... absolutely NOT)?

I like that humans around the world have differences.

I'm glad I won't be around for the "evolution into a Level One" planet.

You love uncontrollable hurricanes? And the fact that countless people will starve to death this year in Africa because of drought?

Also you already live in the prototype One culture, and you must think it's bareable, you also must remember other cultural benefits, shared wiki knowledge, and I think with the expansion of the Internet to level One celebraties will cease to be as meaningful (praise be)

I like differences around the world too, but they will still be there, I mean, the US and UK are pretty similar as far as everything goes, but even if everything where the same (currency etc) you'd still find the UK and US to be two very different places, in the same way that Sanfrancisco and New York, although the same are two very different places culturally.

Gaffer
10-23-2010, 07:42 AM
many Scientist like to reference star trek as one ideal version of our future. I'm a star trek fan, but when i look at what's going on today i don't see a star trek federation of planets style pristine planet and the often obtuse but well meaning one world gov't earth federation council scenario.

what comes to my mind is this...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZEJ4OJTgg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"your culture will adapt to service us... resistance is futile."

Even now there's no vote or even discussion on whether or not we want or need "the cloud". it's
"the cloud is the new system.. resistance is futile. Your data will not be as secure it will be available to the collective. resistances is futile."
but what about privacy?
"Privacy is irrelevant."
But what about freedom or alternatives?
"Freedom is irrelevant, Alternatives will not be allowed, you will be assimilated"

And that's not even a reality yet.

That's what I think of it too. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

SassyLady
10-23-2010, 04:03 PM
You love uncontrollable hurricanes?
They are natural weather phenom ... part of Earth's cycles ... why would you want man messing with the natural order of things any more than we already have.

And the fact that countless people will starve to death this year in Africa because of drought?

Which has been happening since time began.

Also you already live in the prototype One culture, and you must think it's bareable, you also must remember other cultural benefits, shared wiki knowledge, and I think with the expansion of the Internet to level One celebraties will cease to be as meaningful (praise be)

I like differences around the world too, but they will still be there, I mean, the US and UK are pretty similar as far as everything goes, but even if everything where the same (currency etc) you'd still find the UK and US to be two very different places, in the same way that Sanfrancisco and New York, although the same are two very different places culturally.

Noir, can you tell me what would benefit me to have a one world currency? Oh, and would we pick one that is currently being used or would we throw out everything and go with a new one. And, what would be the foundation of that currency ... gold, silver, wheat, corn?

Noir
10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
They are natural weather phenom ... part of Earth's cycles ... why would you want man messing with the natural order of things any more than we already have.

Yeah, and we will control them, meaning they will never again hit land, unless you think there is a vital role carried out by hurricanes making landfall?
By the same logic there would be no modern medicine, afterall, it's all unnatural.

Which has been happening since time began.

Yep, and for the first time in human history we will be able to stop it. Unless you'd rather we just let them starve to death for old times sake.

Noir, can you tell me what would benefit me to have a one world currency? Oh, and would we pick one that is currently being used or would we throw out everything and go with a new one. And, what would be the foundation of that currency ... gold, silver, wheat, corn?

Two functions, the main one is cultural, making us feel like a people. The second is ease of use, given the level of fluidity from traveling country to country.
As for it's foundation, I have no idea, I'm not an economist, nor do I know what economys will look like whenever this comes to pass.

SassyLady
10-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, and we will control them, meaning they will never again hit land, unless you think there is a vital role carried out by hurricanes making landfall?

Not a weather person .... but believe there is a reason the Earth's weather functions as it does. If people didn't populate so much it wouldn't matter if they reach landfall, now would it?

By the same logic there would be no modern medicine, afterall, it's all unnatural. Not a big fan of modern medicine.

Yep, and for the first time in human history we will be able to stop it. Unless you'd rather we just let them starve to death for old times sake. So, rather than moving them to a place that can support them, you would rather alter the weather movements of the world, thereby, possibly starting a long-term, more devasting effect somewhere else that no one could have possibly predicted.

I believe controlling the weather is wrong and gives the people who have that technology way too much power over the world.

Two functions, the main one is cultural, making us feel like a people. The second is ease of use, given the level of fluidity from traveling country to country.
As for it's foundation, I have no idea, I'm not an economist, nor do I know what economys will look like whenever this comes to pass.

Cultural ... feel like a people. Once again you want to lump everyone together as a herd ... and you think if everyone is using the same currency that will make them feel culturally connected? Hmmmm.

Fluidity of use for travelling. Once again, you want to make things easier, not necessarily better in the larger scheme of things.

I guess I'm too much of an individual to want to be just like everyone else.

Noir
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Not a weather person .... but believe there is a reason the Earth's weather functions as it does. If people didn't populate so much it wouldn't matter if they reach landfall, now would it?

It functions as it does because we are on a planet with a cooling molten core and ever change air pressures.
And somehow trying to blame the hurricanes death toll on humans is a lil odd =/
if you knew we had the technology to stop a hurricane making landfall where people would likey die, would you rather we did nothing?

Not a big fan of modern medicine.

Lawl, oh well, atleast it's a fan of you, or who knows how many friends and family of yours would be dead now.

So, rather than moving them to a place that can support them, you would rather alter the weather movements of the world, thereby, possibly starting a long-term, more devasting effect somewhere else that no one could have possibly predicted.

Yes.
Could you name some of these long term effects?

I believe controlling the weather is wrong and gives the people who have that technology way too much power over the world.

True it's an awful lot of power, and with that there will be responsibility. But ghats the same with most modern technologies.

Cultural ... feel like a people. Once again you want to lump everyone together as a herd ... and you think if everyone is using the same currency that will make them feel culturally connected? Hmmmm.

Yeah I do, and I'd use Europe and the intergration of the EUro as a live example.
No doubt you are also against the idea of the United states being united.

Fluidity of use for travelling. Once again, you want to make things easier, not necessarily better in the larger scheme of things.

I guess I'm too much of an individual to want to be just like everyone else.

What such an individual is doing living in the middle of 50 united states I'll never know.

SassyLady
10-23-2010, 06:55 PM
It functions as it does because we are on a planet with a cooling molten core and ever change air pressures.
And somehow trying to blame the hurricanes death toll on humans is a lil odd =/

No, it's just the way it is. If humans decide to live in the path of nature they need to be willing to accept that, at times, nature will be destructive. It's part and parcel of living Noir.

if you knew we had the technology to stop a hurricane making landfall where people would likey die, would you rather we did nothing?

No. I would tell the people they need to evacuate until the storm has passed...I wouldn't presume to control nature.

Lawl, oh well, atleast it's a fan of you, or who knows how many friends and family of yours would be dead now.

Too many that should have passed on and yet modern medicine kept them alive and miserable.

Yes.
Could you name some of these long term effects?

No, hence the term "possibly".

True it's an awful lot of power, and with that there will be responsibility. But ghats the same with most modern technologies.

All it takes is one regime to act irresponsibly.

Yeah I do, and I'd use Europe and the intergration of the EUro as a live example.
No doubt you are also against the idea of the United states being united.

What such an individual is doing living in the middle of 50 united states I'll never know.

Yeah, look at how that's working out right now. The government is just getting bigger and bigger and more and more out of control, so the separate states are having to step in and take some of that control back. It's not going to be pleasant. Imagine the loss of control on a worldwide scale.

Ameica is all about individualism and yet we are (well used to be) fiercely loyal to the country as a whole. We are working on getting those values back into our society and going to a one world government is not the answer.