PDA

View Full Version : A Video Example of Chicago Style Politics

Kathianne
10-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Truly hard for most locales to understand the joining of media and politicians, against the interests of the people. WIND is a talk radio outlet, with substantial local listening numbers. The other reporters are major market, local tv outlet reporters/newscasters:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/10/arrest_warrant_filed_for_rahms.html

October 15, 2010
Arrest warrant filed for Rahm's Chicago press thug
Thomas Lifson
In one of the most outrageous examples ever of liberal media doing the dirty work for a liberal politician, last Monday Jay Levine, a reporter for the CBS affiliate in Chicago assaulted WIND radio talk show host as he tried to ask penetrating questions of Rahm Emanuel. Dana Loesh wrote up a good account on Big Journalism:

Kelly didn't account for was the manner in which Chicago reporters behaved. Are these reporters or palace guards? In the video you see them physically move to shield Emanuel from Kelly's questioning, as though their backs alone would deflect the questions. Kelly is berated and shoved by mainstream media journalists, but the scene stealer is when CBS2's Jay Levine (who has not responded to my requests for comment) screams at Kelly, "Let him finish or I'm gonna deck you!"

Fireworks begin at about the 1:00 mark:

You can view the video at above link or here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KellyTruthSquad

actsnoblemartin
10-20-2010, 01:14 AM
thugs is right

fj1200
10-20-2010, 04:59 AM
It didn't sound like he was asking questions which deserved a response. Not that the reporters are excused but at least ask questions that are useful.

"Are you above the law?"
"What do you say about the stimulus being a payoff to his Wall Street buddies...?"

I wouldn't expect any politician to take those seriously.

Kathianne
10-20-2010, 06:56 AM
It didn't sound like he was asking questions which deserved a response. Not that the reporters are excused but at least ask questions that are useful.

"Are you above the law?"
"What do you say about the stimulus being a payoff to his Wall Street buddies...?"

I wouldn't expect any politician to take those seriously.

Actually people here are very interested in those questions, regarding both residency here, Blago links, and Wall Street earnings. Very important and questions the media should be asking. WIND is a Chicago station.

fj1200
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Admittedly, I didn't hear most of the questions but it seemed they were being asked in an unprofessional manner and tone.

Not that I like Rahm or anything.

Kathianne
10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Admittedly, I didn't hear most of the questions but it seemed they were being asked in an unprofessional manner and tone.

Not that I like Rahm or anything.

Reporters in Chicago that are not in lockstep with the others, must be aggressive. He was, but it wasn't he who engaged in battery.

fj1200
10-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Reporters in Chicago that are not in lockstep with the others, must be aggressive. He was, but it wasn't he who engaged in battery.

I know, but you can ask a question in a manner that deserves a response and in a way that doesn't. "Reporter" seems to be a stretch for Kelly.

Kathianne
10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
I know, but you can ask a question in a manner that deserves a response and in a way that doesn't. "Reporter" seems to be a stretch for Kelly.

I disagree and seems the police did too.

fj1200
10-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I wasn't referring to Levine's actions.

Kathianne
10-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I wasn't referring to Levine's actions.

and if you watched the video, the reporter wasn't overly aggressive until he was shut out. The friendly press came to Rahm's aid.

Insein
10-26-2010, 03:37 PM
I agree with FJ. He certainly wasn't well received but he could have done a better job with the questions. Instead of asking a question like,

"Do you feel the stimulus is a payoff for your Wall Street buddies"

he could have asked,

"Do you feel the stimulus has been effective in creating a recovery for regular Americans and not just the priveleged few?"

Same basic question but with a different connotation. Rahm would look foolish if he tried to dodge the question or resort to talking points. Instead he came off as aggressive and can be easily marginalized as just an antagonist.

Image is everything in politics. The left can easily sweep this under the rug. Had he been a reporter asking legitimate questions and received the same treatment, then this is a big story.