PDA

View Full Version : what is it with this self hating jew?

actsnoblemartin
10-18-2010, 03:18 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb1Abfx2MPg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb1Abfx2MPg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Agnapostate
10-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Are you a Jew? If not, then who are you to call Jews self-hating? At least let Alan Dershowitz call Chomsky a self-hating Jew.

Noir
10-19-2010, 03:51 AM
Self hating? He just wants Isreal to be judged the same as any other nation, sounds pretty unbias and objective to me especially from someone who could so easily have a strong natural bias.
Why do you have a problem with him?

actsnoblemartin
10-19-2010, 02:58 PM
he doesnt want the jews to have a state.

Interesting thing is, chomsky and finkelstein have written me back several times.

Chomsky is a brilliant man, not sure how much i disagree with him

well have to see, i actually feel honored that he wrote me back

he even asked me the nature and source of my disagreement with him

what a class guy :clap:

Self hating? He just wants Isreal to be judged the same as any other nation, sounds pretty unbias and objective to me especially from someone who could so easily have a strong natural bias.
Why do you have a problem with him?

actsnoblemartin
10-20-2010, 01:12 AM
actually, I didnt realize it but I have a lot of respect for chomsky. He is sincere and honest. I really appreciate people like him, still disagree but I respect him

Are you a Jew? If not, then who are you to call Jews self-hating? At least let Alan Dershowitz call Chomsky a self-hating Jew.

Noir
10-20-2010, 03:34 AM
he doesnt want the jews to have a state.

So?
He clearly states in that video that he does not want a jewish state to exist in the same way that he does not want any theocratic state to exist.

I guess if a Christian doesn't want to live under a Chirstian state, or if I don't want to live under an athiest state (as I don't) then we'd be self hating too, right? Or is that a special lable you only use for Jews?

Abbey Marie
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM

He is a person with an opinion who still has free speech in this country.
A concept with which you are perhaps uncomfortable?

Agnapostate
10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
He is a person with an opinion who still has free speech in this country.
A concept with which you are perhaps uncomfortable?

Gee willigers, isn't there a slight difference between questioning the propriety of certain statements and challenging the underlying right to make them? Isn't that what some of you were claiming during that community center flap? :slap:

Abbey Marie
10-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Gee willigers, isn't there a slight difference between questioning the propriety of certain statements and challenging the underlying right to make them? Isn't that what some of you were claiming during that community center flap? :slap:

When you tell someone they are not eligible to comment, there is no difference between the two. A free-speech advocate would not have questioned Martin's right to say it.

Agnapostate
10-22-2010, 12:14 AM
When you tell someone they are not eligible to comment, there is no difference between the two. A free-speech advocate would not have questioned Martin's right to say it.

There was no comment of "ineligibility," and even if there had been, there is no power on my part to enforce it, so what would the difference have been? It's simply that it's silly for a non-Jew to be calling Jews self-hating, as it is for a non-African-American to call a real African-American an "uncle Tom."

Pagan
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
There was no comment of "ineligibility," and even if there had been, there is no power on my part to enforce it, so what would the difference have been? It's simply that it's silly for a non-Jew to be calling Jews self-hating, as it is for a non-African-American to call a real African-American an "uncle Tom."

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r309/marcus0263/funnies/grabbag-400.jpg?t=1287728401

Gaffer
10-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Actually Martin is Jewish, so he has more right than anyone to call the guy self hating.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2010, 11:23 PM

I never said you had or had not the right to enforce it. Silly point for you to make. I said you appear to be against free speech, and that still stands. Time for you to stop back-pedaling.