PDA

View Full Version : Obama is like a Chilean miner, Harry Reid says

red states rule
10-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Why do liberals live in a fantasy world and ignore reality?

The miners were trapped and had to be rescued. I do not recall the miners digging themselves out

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has compared President Barack Obama to a trapped Chilean miner.

In a speech to supporters in Las Vegas on Sunday night, Reid said that when Obama replaced George W. Bush in the White House he found himself in a "hole so deep that he couldn't see the outside world.

"It was like the Chilean miners, but he, being the man he is, rolled up his sleeves and said 'I am going to get us out of this hole,'" Reid said at an "Early Vote GOTV" event.

At a Democratic rally in Boston on Saturday, Obama acknowledged Democrats in general were in a hole, heading up to the mid-term elections.

"There is no doubt that this is a difficult election," he told the crowd of 10,000. "That's because we've been through an incredibly difficult time as a nation."

He added that the Republicans appeared to believe they could "ride people's anger and frustration all the way to the ballot box."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39717311/ns/politics-decision_2010/

Gaffer
10-19-2010, 07:16 AM
The dark lord rolled up his sleeves and proceeded to dig the whole deeper.

hjmick
10-19-2010, 05:35 PM
If "like the Chilean miners" means that Obama is in over his head or has his head in a hole, yeah, I guess Obama is like the miners...

Kathianne
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
If "like the Chilean miners" means that Obama is in over his head or has his head in a hole, yeah, I guess Obama is like the miners...

Classic!

red states rule
10-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Obamais burried in a hole he helped dig, and will have to be dug out by other people.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Why do liberals live in a fantasy world and ignore reality?

The miners were trapped and had to be rescued. I do not recall the miners digging themselves out

Hey Dingy Harry may be right because nov 2 the Reoublicans are gonna rescue America from the ASSCLOWN obama