PDA

View Full Version : Veterans group issues report card for members of Congress

gabosaurus
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
How did your elected officials fare with this group, which rates how well members of Congress support veterans and veterans affair? Check here:

http://iavaaction.org/report-card

SassyLady
10-20-2010, 02:19 PM
How did your elected officials fare with this group, which rates how well members of Congress support veterans and veterans affair? Check here:

http://iavaaction.org/report-card

Doesn't matter to me at this point how the current "elected" officials fare. I'm not voting for incumbents.

Kathianne
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Looking at the rankings, all I can say is they are in bed with incumbents. Going to pay the price too.

REDWHITEBLUE2
10-20-2010, 07:32 PM
This has to be a Liberal Veterans group
Harry Reid NV-b
Boxer ca -a
Murray-wa-b
LMAO @ this group of Liberals all 3 of these ASSCLOWNS Deserve nothing more then a D-
and thats being nice
This is just too funny A'S AND B'S For Demorats
D's for Republicans
Gabby you can Laugh now but come Nov 3 you will be crying in your beer at the Ass Whiping Demorats are gonna get

Kathianne
10-21-2010, 06:05 AM
I figured I'd find something here:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2010/10/urgent-vfw-dissolves-pac-board.html

This, from last week, is just now making it to my in-box. THIS IS WHAT WAS NEEDED ALL ALONG- Download Memo to council - new ballot Oct 10

I have reviewed the Political Action Committee (PAC) Board of Directors’ response
to our request to rescind this year’ s Congressional endorsements. I disagree with their
assessment.

It is now evident to most of the VFW leadership, both National and especially the
departments, that the VFW has been subjected to extreme negative publicity throughout
the nation, and the recent endorsement decisions have, in fact, harmed the VFW’ s
reputation and future ability to fulfill our mission.

I cannot let this erosion of public support for our great organization continue. The
apparent lack of the committee to address these concerns will lead to a proposal by me,
as Commander-in-Chief, to amend the by-laws at the 112th National Convention for
the purpose of dissolving the PAC. Meanwhile, under the authority granted to me as
Commander-in-Chief in section 619 of the VFW National By-Laws and under section
620 of the Manual of Procedure, I am withdrawing all PAC appointments effective
October 15, 2010.

Accordingly, I’ m asking the council for a vote of “ no confidence” in the VFW PAC as
indicated on the enclosed ballot.

To: National Council of Administration
Date: October 14, 2010

This, after the Ladies Auxilery withdrew all funding support for the PAC (which, I'm told, is a good chunk of it) as well as cries from CO, FL, NY, TX and likely others to do something about the endorsements.

WHY, you may ask?

Take a gander- would you want to say your group endorsed this candidate?

Accenting again the campaign focus she has placed on veterans' affairs, Sen. Barbara Boxer on Sunday formally opened a veterans' center at Pasadena City College and was later brought to tears by a forceful defense of her record by Sen. Daniel Inouye of Hawaii, a highly decorated member of Congress.

Inouye joined Boxer for her formal endorsement by the political action committee of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, whose California chairman also praised Boxer's work on behalf of veterans.

...[A]sked after her speech about McCain's objection, Boxer merely smiled and replied: "I'm so excited to have the VFW endorsement. I couldn't be more thrilled."

Me neither. Not liking it at all. Neither, apparently, did anyone in the VFW.

Updates to follow, I'm sure... but this is great news! Still awaiting some interview with the PAC chairman. That would be interesting, for certain.

Wolf