PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Libertarian94
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Washington-referees-may-face-ban-for-charity-pin?urn=highschool-279246

Yeah, just to summarize this some referees are facing disciplinary action for pink wistles (for breast cancer awareness). They donated their paycheck to breast cancer research and this is how they repay them?:lame2: Apparently it violates the dress code there is such a thing as being to strict with the rules.

darin
10-24-2010, 06:33 PM
I have to follow the rules of my employer, no matter how noble the cause for violation.

(shrug).

Non-story.

Gaffer
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Just the usual over the top reaction to someone doing something unique and nice.

Noir
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Thy should of cleared it with the employer first, I'm guessing ghey didn't.

We all know the intentions were noble, so the case against them is probably just a formality that theyll get a slap on the wrists for, and nothing more.

gabosaurus
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I have to follow the rules of my employer, no matter how noble the cause for violation.

(shrug).

Non-story.

Thank you. I totally agree.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Washington-referees-may-face-ban-for-charity-pin?urn=highschool-279246

Yeah, just to summarize this some referees are facing disciplinary action for pink wistles (for breast cancer awareness). They donated their paycheck to breast cancer research and this is how they repay them?:lame2: Apparently it violates the dress code there is such a thing as being to strict with the rules.

Does seem a bit ridiculous on the surface - but think about it - these guys are football officials. Its their job to enforce the rules - both the spirit AND the letter - and to be unbiased in their decisions.

If the players of a team had wanted to wear something that was against the rules for allowable uniforms - they would have to secure special permission from the officials to do it (and likely the consent of the opposing coach). If these guys wanted to use pink whistles for a charitable cause - that's great, but the rules say they have to get permission.

That's one way to look at it.

But keep in mind H.S. football officials don't really get paid much at all. They do it for the love of the game.

Mr. P
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
We have become such an ANAL society !

10-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Should have cleared it.

Personally, I don't really see how having pink anything really helps fight breast cancer. More than anything it seems a way for people to be like "I'm special because im doing something"

What ever happened to anonymous charity? I mean isn't charity, and not looking good, the point of charity?

Sorry for the off topic rant. Just been irritating me lately.

DragonStryk72
10-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Okay, I kind of see both points. On the one had, they really should have gotten permission before doing it, as it is going outside the uniform regulations, but full on disciplinary action does seem anal-retentive in response. A quick informal word with the refs about making sure they get permission for it would have sufficed.