PDA

View Full Version : Entire Taj Mahal Hotel Reportedly Booked for Obama

red states rule
10-26-2010, 03:52 AM
Nothing but the best for Pres Obama when he travels.

I wonder how many rooms are set aside to store his teleprompters?

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/mumbai_tajhotel_112609_397x224.jpg

President Obama's aides have booked the entire Taj Mahal hotel ahead of the president's high-profile visit to the Indian city rocked by a terrorist attack two years ago, The Economic Times reports.

The newspaper reported that the Obama administration has reserved all 570 rooms, as well as the hotel's restaurants, to ensure airtight security when the president and first lady Michelle Obama visit Mumbai early next month. Dozens of other rooms have been booked elsewhere in the city.

The Times reported that downtown Mumbai will be under heavy security while the president is in town -- the first leg of a broader Asian trip. In addition, U.S. naval and Indian ships reportedly will patrol the waterfront outside the hotel to guard against any attacks.

The Taj Mahal hotel was the scene of a three-day battle between Indian commandos and terrorists who stormed the luxurious Mumbai landmark as part of their deadly rampage through the city in November 2008. The restored hotel reopened in August.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/24/entire-taj-mahal-hotel-reportedly-booked-obama-mumbai-visit/?test=latestnews

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/mumbai_tajhotel_112609_397x224.jpg

I wonder how much this cost us.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM

The Secret Service regularly requires the booking of entire hotels or entire floors of hotels. Its part of how they protect the President of the United States from assassins and its the way they've done business for decades.

But I guess now that the President is black you just now noticed.

http://books.google.com/books?id=kyGTagqcyAcC&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=Secret+Service+entire+hotel+floor&source=bl&ots=euld9QyjXf&sig=788n082kViJnvD-zoBTD-eflprk&hl=en&ei=oxvHTO7oN4S0lQes2JiRAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Secret%20Service%20entire%20hotel%20floor&f=false

Please stop being stupid.

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
The Secret Service regularly requires the booking of entire hotels or entire floors of hotels. Its part of how they protect the President of the United States from assassins and its the way they've done business for decades.

http://books.google.com/books?id=kyGTagqcyAcC&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=Secret+Service+entire+hotel+floor&source=bl&ots=euld9QyjXf&sig=788n082kViJnvD-zoBTD-eflprk&hl=en&ei=oxvHTO7oN4S0lQes2JiRAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Secret%20Service%20entire%20hotel%20floor&f=false

Then he should stay in smaller hotels so it doesn't cost the taxpayer so much in these hard economic times .... perhaps then he could back off the raising taxes aspect of his policies.....which have nothing to do with his color....so quit using color as a talking point.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Then he should stay in smaller hotels so it doesn't cost the taxpayer so much in these hard economic times .... perhaps then he could back off the raising taxes aspect of his policies.....which have nothing to do with his color....so quit using color as a talking point.

What do you suggest, a motel 6?

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 01:32 PM
What do you suggest, a motel 6?

Do they have Motel 6 over there? If so, why not? Less expensive.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Do they have Motel 6 over there? If so, why not? Less expensive.

Gee, I dunno, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm guessing the Secret Service might have a little more trouble securing a Motel 6.

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Gee, I dunno, I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm guessing the Secret Service might have a little more trouble securing a Motel 6.

Nah...they're superstars and securing a little 100 room hotel is much easier than a super palace.....that has probably thousands of secret entrances/exits.

Face it ... your man is a narcissist and this is for his ego more than security.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Nah...they're superstars and securing a little 100 room hotel is much easier than a super palace.....that has probably thousands of secret entrances/exits.

Probably has? So you're not really speaking as an expert - you're just giving us bullshit. Ok.

Face it ... your man is a narcissist and this is for his ego more than security.

The teabag right are such transparent hypocrites its almost funny

About 450 rooms in the King David Hotel, where Bush is staying, and the Dan Panorama will be used by his entourage and as a press center.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/security-arrangements-for-bush-visit-to-cost-israel-25-000-an-hour-1.236787

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Probably has? So you're not really speaking as an expert - you're just giving us bullshit. Ok.

The teabag right are such transparent hypocrites its almost funny

[/SIZE]
http://www.haaretz.com/news/security-arrangements-for-bush-visit-to-cost-israel-25-000-an-hour-1.236787

Didn't agree with that one either.

I wouldn't like my neighbor borrowing money from me telling me that he wants to feed the poor guy standing on the corner and then I see my neighbor having dinner at a posh restaurant. Seems hypocritical. Any president moaning about raising taxes because we need money for the masses and then spends extravagantly on a state visit pisses me off.

And, I didn't know there was a Tea Party right wing when Bush was in office. In fact, I thought the Tea Party was formed as a result of the overspending that started during the Bush years. Are you sure you know anything about the Tea Party, or are you just "giving us bullshit", cause you certainly aren't speaking as an expert?

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Didn't agree with that one either.

Sure you didn't, sure you didn't. Funny how you didn't mention it till I brought it up.

You didn't mention it on this website, either.

I wouldn't like my neighbor borrowing money from me telling me that he wants to feed the poor guy standing on the corner and then I see my neighbor having dinner at a posh restaurant. Who the fuck cares?

jimnyc
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Sure you didn't, sure you didn't. Funny how you didn't mention it till I brought it up.

You didn't mention it on this website, either.

She didn't start this thread, only responded to what she wrote. Can you show me a thread that was started about Bush's hotel stay on this board that she had an opportunity to reply to? Maybe ask the OP if he was just as pissed when GWB did it, but I don't think MKP did anything here but reply with her opinion.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 06:53 PM
She didn't start this thread, only responded to what she wrote. Can you show me a thread that was started about Bush's hotel stay on this board that she had an opportunity to reply to? Maybe ask the OP if he was just as pissed when GWB did it, but I don't think MKP did anything here but reply with her opinion.

I don't have to, I know bullshit when I smell it.

Teabaggers didn't give a damn about Presidents in 5 star hotels till Glen Beck and FOX News told them to.

jimnyc
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't have to, I know bullshit when I smell it.

You don't know anything about her, more or less than I do. You made a claim you KNEW couldn't be backed up by this board and tried to "flame" with it.

Teabaggers didn't give a damn about Presidents in 5 star hotels till Glen Beck and FOX News told them to.Now you're just being a troll. I support the Tea Party as does my wife. Neither of us have ever watched Beck, and neither really turn on Fox unless it's for a football game or an episode of House. Your lame teabagger comment only solidifies my statement that you are simply here to troll and try and get a rise out of members. They'd all be best suited to just add you to their ignore list.

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 07:03 PM
You don't know anything about her, more or less than I do. You made a claim you KNEW couldn't be backed up by this board and tried to "flame" with it.

She's the one who made the claim buddy.

Neither of us have ever watched Beck, and neither really turn on Fox unless it's for a football game or an episode of House. You don't have to, the lower teabag minions will filter down the word from the great Beck to you.

House is a cool show.

jimnyc
10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
She's the one who made the claim buddy.

She made the claim that she spoke out against the Bush trip on this board? Can you point to which post for me?

You don't have to, the lower teabag minions will filter down the word from the great Beck to you.

Watch how those you look down upon and scoff at as they reshape our entire government in one election. Us "teabaggers" will collectively be laughing our asses off at your type next week.

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 07:22 PM
They'd all be best suited to just add you to their ignore list.

Done!

Gaffer
10-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I put the troll on ignore a long time ago.

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 07:40 PM
So did I but I try to get people another chance. I guess some leopards never change their spots....or some spiders are stuck in their tubas. :laugh:

red states rule
10-27-2010, 03:45 AM
So Obama is leaving on another "Apology Tour" 2 days after the election. Good way to try and hide from reality

I wonder if we can have an election every month to keep him out of DC?

namvet
10-27-2010, 10:36 AM
he's probably there to broker a non aggression pack with the Taliban and Al-Qaeda

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 11:05 AM
She made the claim that she spoke out against the Bush trip on this board?

No.

While we're on the subject - it appears NOBODY bitched on this board when Bush went to stay at the King David hotel.
The reason - as I have pointed out - is pure hypocrisy. Anything Obama does is, to you guys, by definition - wrong - doesn't matter how many previous Presidents did it. The right would bitch if they found out Obama used whole cream in his coffee instead of half and half.

Watch how those you look down upon and scoff at as they reshape our entire government in one election. Us "teabaggers" will collectively be laughing our asses off at your type next week.
I don't know if you've ever heard of the word "veto"

jimnyc
10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Will a "veto" somehow give the shitheads who think like you their jobs back? Nope, it won't. And I HOPE Obama will veto the things that America wants, then we can make even more headway come '12 when this inexperienced idiot is tossed out too.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Will a "veto" somehow give the shitheads who think like you their jobs back?
Why is it that you and Obama both think its the President who creates jobs?

Nope, it won't. And I HOPE Obama will veto the things that America wants, then we can make even more headway come '12 when this inexperienced idiot is tossed out too.

In 2008 the people of the united States decided to give Barrack Obama the ability to override anything they came up with in a simple majority that he thought was stupid.

Live with it.

jimnyc
10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Why is it that you and Obama both think its the President who creates jobs?

What the hell are you talking about? My point is that the schmuck politicians who all think like you will be unemployed very soon.

In 2008 the people of the united States decided to give Barrack Obama the ability to override anything they came up with in a simple majority that he thought was stupid.

Live with it.

And if he uses his veto power to undo what the American people want, he will join his dimwitted friends in '12. Like I said, I hope he continues to be an ineffective and incompetent president. He's a useless fuck and that will only guarantee his removal.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 11:36 AM
What the hell are you talking about? My point is that the schmuck politicians who all think like you will be unemployed very soon.

And if he uses his veto power to undo what the American people want, he will join his dimwitted friends in '12. Like I said, I hope he continues to be an ineffective and incompetent president.
What the American people wanted was health care reform. They got it.

If the American people wanna change their minds every 6 months that's OK but they shouldn't expect the law to be changed with that frequency.

He's a useless fuck and that will only guarantee his removal.

You'll either need 2/3 of the Senate or a criminal conspiracy if you want to remove him from office buddy. If you're talking about the Republicans trying to win in 2012 - that's not removing a President from office, that's a President's term expiring and the next President's term beginning.

Who are the Republicans going to run in 2012?

Sarah Palin? :laugh:
Piyush Jindal ? :laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Obama and the democrat led senate both have perhaps the lowest approval ratings EVER. The republicans can run a 5th grader, and not only win, likely get more accomplished.

Now begone with you, troll. You're like playing with a little monkey from NO, only the smell gets to you after awhile.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Obama and the democrat led senate both have perhaps the lowest approval ratings EVER.

Actually the lowest Presidential approval ratings since they have been keeping track of these sorts of things are held by
1. Truman - 22% in 1952
2. Nixon - 24% in 1973
3. Bush II - 25% in 2008
4. Carter - 28% in 1979
5. Bush I - 29% in 1991

You're like playing with a little monkey from NO, only the smell gets to you after awhile.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about?

Trigg
10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
No.

While we're on the subject - it appears NOBODY bitched on this board when Bush went to stay at the King David hotel.The reason - as I have pointed out - is pure hypocrisy. Anything Obama does is, to you guys, by definition - wrong - doesn't matter how many previous Presidents did it. The right would bitch if they found out Obama used whole cream in his coffee instead of half and half.

Care to back that up??

Indy
10-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Liberals invented stupid. For eight years this is the kind of thing they heaped on everyone. The last two years has proven without a shadow of a doubt, liberals are the most hypocritical people on the planet. If this president ate his own crap at a rally, liberals would be claiming it was good for you.

BoogyMan
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Ummm, wow, just wow. I had almost forgot that any disapproval of the president's actions or agenda is now RAAAACCCCIIIISSSTTT!!!!

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/thats_racist.gif

Thanks for the reminder.

Indy
10-28-2010, 06:52 PM
What the American people wanted was health care reform. They got it.

If the American people wanna change their minds every 6 months that's OK but they shouldn't expect the law to be changed with that frequency.

You'll either need 2/3 of the Senate or a criminal conspiracy if you want to remove him from office buddy. If you're talking about the Republicans trying to win in 2012 - that's not removing a President from office, that's a President's term expiring and the next President's term beginning.

Who are the Republicans going to run in 2012?

Sarah Palin? :laugh:
Piyush Jindal ? :laugh::laugh:

Health care reform? Over 70% of the country want it repealed. It's the most destructive piece of coerced legislation ever written.Back room deals, threats of withholding campaign funds and out right lying. And not one iota of transparency. Pelosi claiming it must pass so we can see whats in it. What's in it is taxes fees and misery. Some will see up to a 45% increase in their premiums. That's his affordable reform. And you are forced to buy it. By the way, Palin is ten times more qualified than the Marxist community organizer.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Ummm, wow, just wow. I had almost forgot that any disapproval of the president's actions or agenda is now RAAAACCCCIIIISSSTTT!!!!

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/thats_racist.gif

Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe you can explain why no one who is bitching about Obama renting an entire hotel bothered to complain when Bush rented nearly all the hotel rooms in Jerusalem?

Don't even try looking for a hotel room in Jerusalem this week. There may be 7,000 hotel rooms in the capitol, but just about all will be occupied by U.S. President George W. Bush's delegation during his visit here Tuesday through Friday.

So why is Bush booking nearly 7000 rooms OK but Obama booking several hundred not OK? Oh, yeah, that's right, its because Bush is cool, and we don't like Obama. So whatever Bush did is OK, and whatever Obama does is not OK.

Got it.

BoogyMan
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Maybe you can explain why no one who is bitching about Obama renting an entire hotel bothered to complain when Bush rented nearly all the hotel rooms in Jerusalem?

So why is Bush booking nearly 7000 rooms OK but Obama booking several hundred not OK? Oh, yeah, that's right, its because Bush is cool, and we don't like Obama. So whatever Bush did is OK, and whatever Obama does is not OK.

Got it.

LOL, who here said anything about Bush wasting money being OK? Assumption makes a fool out of you every time you use it as a crutch, Stu.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 11:59 PM
LOL, who here said anything about Bush wasting money being OK? Assumption makes a fool out of you every time you use it as a crutch, Stu.

Is there any evidence that any of you thought it wasn't OK before Obama started doing it?

No. Look back in the archives on this site - you won't see a single poster complaining about Bush living it up at the King David Hotel back in 2008.

On the contrary - the evidence would seem to indicate no one here thought it was that big a deal when Bush did it.

Jeff
11-05-2010, 12:46 AM

Got it.

What about all the whining about all GW's Vacations, you know the ones he took his staff with him and worked at his compound, lets face it either side is going to slam the guy they don't like, People screamed about Bush taking vacations how many has Obama had ? You want to turn this into a black white thing, it has nothing to do with race, this has been going on forever, if your guy is in office turn a blind eye if your party is on the outside scream like bloody murder at his every move, BUT DON'T MAKE IT ABOUT RACE :rolleyes:

BoogyMan
11-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Is there any evidence that any of you thought it wasn't OK before Obama started doing it?

No. Look back in the archives on this site - you won't see a single poster complaining about Bush living it up at the King David Hotel back in 2008.

On the contrary - the evidence would seem to indicate no one here thought it was that big a deal when Bush did it.

So you admit that you cannot prove anything and are simply making up a bunch of stupid crap because you really cannot defend the lemming in chief?

red states rule
11-05-2010, 04:28 AM
What about all the whining about all GW's Vacations, you know the ones he took his staff with him and worked at his compound, lets face it either side is going to slam the guy they don't like, People screamed about Bush taking vacations how many has Obama had ? You want to turn this into a black white thing, it has nothing to do with race, this has been going on forever, if your guy is in office turn a blind eye if your party is on the outside scream like bloody murder at his every move, BUT DON'T MAKE IT ABOUT RACE :rolleyes:

Liberals like ST have a firm rule. One set of rules and standards for their fellow liberals and another set of rules and standards for all others

If not for the double standards, ST would have no standards at all

Lets take a trip down memory lane...........

George W. Bush is today making his final visit to Camp David as president.

He will likely miss the place: According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, today's trip marks Mr. Bush's 149th visit to the presidential retreat. The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4728085-503544.html

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
What about all the whining about all GW's Vacations,
What about it? Is that what we're talking about now? Already given up the last argument?

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 10:27 AM
So you admit that you cannot prove anything and are simply making up a bunch of stupid crap because you really cannot defend the lemming in chief?

The claim was made that the right didn't like Bush's extravagent trip to Jerusalem. I'm just asking for evidence of that claim. Is there any? None that I've seen. Feel free to back your claim with evidence.

NightTrain
11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Spidey-Lad, you seem awfully worked up and agitated lately.

What's the deal? Did a tar ball wash up on the beach? Is your head itchy from growing back after you shaved it in protest? Did some of those big ol' mean New Orleans cops rough you up for something? Are you mad about the last election? Maybe you're still mad about Dubya?

Go ahead and spill it, little fella. We're here to help.

Jeff
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
What about it? Is that what we're talking about now? Already given up the last argument?

Wow you really aren't to bright are you, read my entire post then respond, but as a typical Lib you picked what ya wanted :laugh2: makes my post that much more true see not only Libs do it, But remember Tuba if we don't unite soon this country will be unrepairable come 2012 and we dump your man

red states rule
11-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Spidey-Lad, you seem awfully worked up and agitated lately.

What's the deal? Did a tar ball wash up on the beach? Is your head itchy from growing back after you shaved it in protest? Did some of those big ol' mean New Orleans cops rough you up for something? Are you mad about the last election? Maybe you're still mad about Dubya?

Go ahead and spill it, little fella. We're here to help.

In ST's world the reuslts of the election were made up like the price tag of Obama's trip

Maybe ST can get his much needed help from the "benefits" of Obamacare :laugh2: