PDA

View Full Version : College football

SpidermanTUba
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Do none of you fools watch it?

Mr. P
10-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Only the brain dead follow their ole college football teams.

You? Yeah ok I knew that. :poke:

jimnyc
10-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Watching LSU get knocked down a notch in the BCS standings was fun to watch!

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM

It wasn't anything we didn't expect.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM

I had no idea you were a Barn fan.

SpidermanTUba
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Only the brain dead follow their ole college football teams.

You're missing out.

KartRacerBoy
08-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Time to revive this thread. College football is only weeks away and the rankings came out yesterday.

I'm a UCONN undergrad and last year enjoyed watching them beat Notre Dame in South Bend, IN, in overtime. Since I had 3 households of ND profs on my culdesac and 3 other households of rabid ND fans, I especially enjoyed the win. Luckily I hadn't mowed my lawn in two weeks and promptly cut "UCONN" into my lawn in 20 foot tall letters. :poke:

I dislike ND greatly since I get to see their hypocrisy daily, placing success in sports over their "Christian values."

UConn is no great shakes and has lost their coach (went to U of Maryland for this year, his alma mater), but I enjoy watching his teams becz they have had a great ground game and had the leading NCAA rusher in yardage a couple of years ago. And I like the ground game over the air game. That may change this year.

Who are your teams? Are all the military guys on this site fans of the service academy teams of the service they were in? Personally, I think those teams (AF, Navy, and Army) are the last scholar-athletes in the BIG-TIME college sport of football. Less popular sports might still have lots of scholar athletes in NCAA schools, but not football in the top divisions.

fj1200
08-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Michigan State. You should like them, they frequently beat Notre Dame. :beer:

KartRacerBoy
08-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Michigan State. You should like them, they frequently beat Notre Dame. :beer:

:lol:

I had a buddy (who has since died) that went to Mich St and had had season tickets for bball and football for the 17 years I knew him. He also loved cheering against NDame.

I have long been a Michigan fan, though. I really would've loved to get into their law school. AWESOME building and underground library. And Ann Arbor is a great town.

fj1200
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I have long been a Michigan fan...

I'm sorry.

jimnyc
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
JoePA and Penn State!!!

KartRacerBoy
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry.

I've been in East Lansing but not to Mich St. campus. It must be an oasis if you think thats a great town. :laugh:

KartRacerBoy
08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
JoePA and Penn State!!!

I love the old school Nittany Lions, but do you think Joe has much influence on the team nowadays? He's what, 80 yrs old? Truly an amazing man to have the energy to coach at that age.

ConHog
08-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I love the old school Nittany Lions, but do you think Joe has much influence on the team nowadays? He's what, 80 yrs old? Truly an amazing man to have the energy to coach at that age.

He's a figurehead at this point; but he has completely earned the right to leave on his own terms. Rumor is that for the last 10 years he has actually given PSU more money per year than they pay him in salary.

Woo Pig Soeiii by the way.

I couldn't care less about the service academies except I root for Navy (and everyone else lol) to beat Notre Dame.

KartRacerBoy
08-23-2011, 04:42 AM
He's a figurehead at this point; but he has completely earned the right to leave on his own terms. Rumor is that for the last 10 years he has actually given PSU more money per year than they pay him in salary.

Woo Pig Soeiii by the way.

I couldn't care less about the service academies except I root for Navy (and everyone else lol) to beat Notre Dame.

What does "Woo Pig Soeii" mean? Soeii the pig call?

And so you rooted for UConn against ND? Good man! :beer:

fj1200
08-23-2011, 05:43 AM
I've been in East Lansing but not to Mich St. campus. It must be an oasis if you think thats a great town. :laugh:

You missed what I quoted then. ;) Besides how did you miss the campus, IT'S RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!!!

I do like Ann Arbor though.

ConHog
08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
What does "Woo Pig Soeii" mean? Soeii the pig call?

And so you rooted for UConn against ND? Good man! :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyY8oUXaTio

My two favorite college football teams are Arkansas and whoever is playing Notre Dame. I hate them whiny fucking bastards. Although Boise St is starting to get on my nerves as well.

KartRacerBoy
08-23-2011, 11:54 AM
:laugh:

ConHog
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
:laugh:

what's so funny husky boy. :laugh2:

KartRacerBoy
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
what's so funny husky boy. :laugh2:

The Arkansas cheer. BTW, didn't you notice my pig pun? An Arkansas man "rooting" for UConn?

Good God, I'm on fire!

Or is that my hemeroids?

ConHog
08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
The Arkansas cheer. BTW, didn't you notice my pig pun? An Arkansas man "rooting" for UConn?

Good God, I'm on fire!

Or is that my hemeroids?

Your roids are between you and FJ, but the Hog cheer is just cool.

KartRacerBoy
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Your roids are between you and FJ, but the Hog cheer is just cool.

Oh, sure.

At UConn, our fight song included spelling out "Connecticut." If spelling that while drunk at a football game or bball game was a graduation requirement, the school would have a pretty small alma mater.

But our women were husky!

ConHog
08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Oh, sure.

At UConn, our fight song included spelling out "Connecticut." If spelling that while drunk at a football game or bball game was a graduation requirement, the school would have a pretty small alma mater.

But our women were husky!

University of Arkansas has some FINE women. I mean me personally I found mine down at Ole Miss, but no joke their are some HOT women in Fayetteville.

KartRacerBoy
09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh what a fine afternoon! First weekend of college football and Notre Dame is losing 16-0 to South Florida State.

ConHog
09-03-2011, 04:00 PM
thought we were gonna get to see AUburn go down to. :( oh well Notre Dame losing will be sweet.

GO HOGS