PDA

View Full Version : Voting machines not perfect: NC machine eventually lets voter select Republicans

Little-Acorn
10-26-2010, 05:34 PM
He tried several times, got the same result: The voting machine only let him select Democrat candidates. Then called an election worker over, they both got the same result. After more tries, they were finally allowed to select Republican candidates.

Dems had better get to work on that machine. It didn't hold out long enough.

Or do they intend to just hope that enough voters who want Republicans, will give up without voting or notifying the staff?

------------------------------------------------

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tZU4FOPK14YJ:www.newbernsj.com/articles/machine-91656-screen-voter.html

Voter reports problem with ballot machine

Man said he voted straight-party ticket and got opposite results

October 23, 2010 4:00 PM
P. Christine Smith
Sun Journal Staff

Bern, NC - A Craven County voter says he had a near miss at the polls on Thursday when an electronic voting machine completed his straight-party ticket for the opposite of what he intended.

Sam Laughinghouse of New Bern said he pushed the button to vote Republican in all races, but the voting machine screen displayed a ballot with all Democrats checked. He cleared the screen and tried again with the same result, he said. Then he asked for and received help from election staff.

“They pushed it twice and the same thing happened,” Laughinghouse said. “That was four times in a row. The fifth time they pushed it and the Republicans came up and I voted.”

M. Ray Wood, Craven County Board of elections chairman, issued a written statement saying that the elections board is aware of isolated issues and that in each case the voter was able to cast his or her ballot as desired.

Chuck Tyson, chairman of Craven County GOP, remains skeptical. He has been communicating with Wood about the issue and was invited to a meeting Wednesday with state elections officials. There were no further details about that meeting.

“Something is not right here,” Tyson told the Sun Journal. He said he “got two or three calls” from people describing the same problem while they were voting.

“I’ll be matter of fact, I didn’t find that press release satisfactory,” Tyson said, referring to Wood’s written statement.

Tyson reported other problems as well, including long lines waiting for just two voting machines in Havelock, and machines reporting 250 ballots cast where 400 voters had signed in to vote.

Laughinghouse cast his ballot at the county administration building at about 2:30 p.m., he said. After voting, he located a Republican worker on site and asked to speak with her about his voting machine issue. A man interrupted, he said, directing Laughinghouse to talk with him instead. That man said the machine likely needed to be calibrated, Laughinghouse said, and set about the method to do so.

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Unbelievable!!!

Pagan
10-26-2010, 05:39 PM
You really wanna get pissed, watch this documentary

http://www.hackingdemocracy.com/

NetFlix has it if your local vid store doesn't

Little-Acorn
10-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I do have a related question.

If this was just an accidental machine glitch, then we could expect glitches to produce a random variety of wrong results, couldn't we?

We could expect just as many stories about machines that put up only Republican candidates when voters wanted Democrats, right?

I have heard ONLY "errors " that favored Democrats so far. Where are the ones that favor Republicans?

But voting had just begun. Anyone hear of ANY "errors" that favor Republicans yet?

Anyone?

revelarts
10-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Acorn Thank you for bringing this up.
so it looks like the dems have got the hang of the voting machine scam and figured out who they have to pay to get in on the fraud.
Acorn I haven't heard of any Repubs getting the vote at all...
THIS TIME.

but when i to pointed out the EXACT same type of problem happening in elections where the republicans were getting the vote. 4 board members could not believe it.
Some how the republicans can do no wrong. but the dems can.
BOTH are crooks? We're Turing into a 3rd world country.

the voting machines need to go or what's left of democracy is over.
more than enough evidence,

thread here
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?28544-Felons-Voting-Illegally-May-Have-Put-Franken-Over-the-Top-in-MN&highlight=felon+voting

darin
10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
does it shock ANYBODY of immorality on the liberal side of the population? Liberal ideology is the doctrine of hate and control. There'd be NO shock to see every major election rigged. Liberals operated on a false moral ground; to them, they are doing what's GOOD for our own sakes. It's an illness on their part. :(

revelarts
10-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Liberals do it "for the greater good cause they just know better than the lil people"

but the republicans,
say it anit so.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7tjnuG-l6g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7tjnuG-l6g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zwHX7zDVkuc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zwHX7zDVkuc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SassyLady
10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Does this surprise anyone?

<B>

Nevada voting machines automatically checking Harry Reid's name; voting machine technicians are SEIU members

By: Mark Hemingway (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bios/mark-hemingway.html)
Commentary Staff Writer
10/26/10 6:12 PM EDT

Clark County is where three quarters of Nevada's residents and live and where Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's son Rory is a county commissioner. Rory is also a Democratic candidate for governor.
Since early voting started, there have been credible reports that voting machines in Clark County, Nevada are automatically checking Harry Reid's name on the ballot (http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/detail.html):

Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Voting-machines-in-Clark-County-Nevada-automatically-checking-Harry-Reids-name-Voting-machine-technicians-are-members-of-SEIU-105815608.html#ixzz13VtuqFQt
</B>

Gaffer
10-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I said six months ago that voter fraud would be rampant this year. The liberals were cocky and blatant about their ignoring the will of the people. They weren't worried about being kicked out of office because of things like this that they were well aware of. A large democrat win will mean the start of the revolution that is to come.

Kathianne
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Bring back the paper ballots. Require positive ID.

PostmodernProphet
10-27-2010, 03:07 PM
are we sure this is to be taken seriously?....the guy's name is Laughinghouse......

SassyLady
10-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Bring back the paper ballots. Require positive ID.

We still use paper ballots, but no one ever asks for my I.D. They just ask my address, look it up on a sheet, record the voting packet number next to my name, I walk into the booth, mark the ballot with the pen and then I walk out and they take the top portion off as my receipt and then they put it in the box.

I've never had to wait in line, there have never been anyone hanging around outside. It's in the grange hall and it's mostly farmers/ranchers. I hope they never get around to the electronic machines....don't trust the software that can be programmed.

Monkeybone
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
helps that some of the workers are SEIU.

Noir
10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Some times the old way are the best, over here we have a pencil and paper system, put an x beside who you want, then into the locked box which is then sent to the counting station. Voleenters count the papers infront of Party activists (I was an activist this year for the UK Liberal Democrat Party) and our job was to watch the counters separate the ballots into party piles, and then group the piles into batches of 50. If we see a ballot going into the wrong pile or if we think there are too many/few in a batch we can stop the counter to check and ask for the batch to be recounted. Then the batches are counted infront of everyone and a winner is declared. Simple :3

Little-Acorn
10-27-2010, 11:28 PM
does it shock ANYBODY of immorality on the liberal side of the population? Liberal ideology is the doctrine of hate and control. There'd be NO shock to see every major election rigged. Liberals operated on a false moral ground; to them, they are doing what's GOOD for our own sakes. It's an illness on their part. :(

In the immortal words on Josef Stalin:

"Truth??? Truth is whatever serves the Soviet Union!"

Or in their case, the Liberal Agenda. Not that there's much difference.

Except the Soviets did ballet better.

Noir
10-28-2010, 06:06 AM

And the conservative side of the population are all of the highest moral caliber? Is someone greedy and willing to do evil deeds because they are liberal, conservative, black, jewish, old, female etc, or is it just because they are human?

Kathianne
10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
FL arrests 2 on voter fraud. Yes, Democrat:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/102710-City-Commissioner-Arrested-for-Voter-Fraud

City Commissioner Arrested for Voter Fraud

Updated: Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010, 9:52 PM EDT

By Valerie Boey
FOX 35 News

Volusia County, Fla (WOFL FOX 35) - Daytona Beach, Florida-Daytona Beach City Commissioner Derrick Henry spent around 7 hours in custody today. Both he and his campaign manager Genesis Robinson, are accused of illegally obtaining more than 90 absentee ballots online during the primary election.

Neither Robinson or Henry would talk to us. In fact you can see The City Commissioner running to his car, while we were trying to talk to Robinson. Attorney David Damore represents both men, "What this is is a mistake, an innocent mistake made into a criminal act."

It was back in August that Supervisor of Elections Ann McFall noticed someone requesting a large number of absentee ballots online. This is what she had to say back then about her call to the sheriff, "I said we might have a fraud cases here. He in turn brought in the St. Attorneys office and that afternoon two investigators came into my office." But according to Damore, "There wasn't any intention of voter fraud here an if Miss McFall is using that term shame on her."

Damore says Henry was helping people in the African American communities who didn't have online access to vote, "Instead of being accused of a crime Derrick Henry should be applauded for attempting to help these people to vote."

Henry is the assistant principal here at Mainland High. A school district spokesperson told me he was taken out of the school and put on paid leave during the investigation, "Certainly there's repercussions of this. Anyone accused of a crime faces dismissal from the school board."

Governor Crist suspended Henry from office after his arrest.

Trigg
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Honestly you would think someone would figure out a foolproof way to vote. I even agree with Noir about going back to paper ballots, although please, not dimpled/hanging chads.:coffee:

It seems like every election we have this problem. If republicans are in charge they find voting machines checking republican candidates, if dems are in charge dems are checked.

Either figure it out or go back to paper