PDA

View Full Version : Obama on Jon Stewart

SassyLady
10-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Since when has a sitting president resorted to calling in to talk radio shows, going on comedy shows, sitting down to chat with vapid daytime talk show hosts (The View) and still find time to blame the previous president for everything wrong with our country. Perhaps if he quit playing golf, quit campaigning for all the losers, quit spending so much time bitching and whining about FoxNews, he might have time to focus on the problems this country is having.

:mad:

Libertarian94
10-28-2010, 05:55 AM
Someone needs to find a valid reason to bitch.:lol:

fj1200
10-28-2010, 06:21 AM
... he might have time to focus on the problems this country is having.

No, we don't want him focusing any more time on our problems, given his track record that would just make things worse.

Noir
10-28-2010, 06:56 AM
Someone needs to find a valid reason to bitch.:lol:

I think it's valid, he's got enough to do without slending his time on comedy shows, and he'll have plenty of time to get back to that when he leaves office.

The only UK example that I can think of that which is in any way similar was Tony Blair appearing on the Cathrine Tate show, and that was for Comic Relief (TV fundraiser for Africa held bi-annually) certainly bot just a normal mainstream show =/

Couldnt he of spent the time on the streets of whatever city he was in talking to the people?

namvet
10-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Since when has a sitting president resorted to calling in to talk radio shows, going on comedy shows, sitting down to chat with vapid daytime talk show hosts (The View) and still find time to blame the previous president for everything wrong with our country. Perhaps if he quit playing golf, quit campaigning for all the losers, quit spending so much time bitching and whining about FoxNews, he might have time to focus on the problems this country is having.

Stewart call Osama's deathcare "timid"

Stewart accused the administration's legislation of being "timid," Obama shot back. "John, I love your show, but this is something where I have a profound disagreement with you, this notion that health care was timid."

story (http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/10/27/obama-rejects-timid-characterization-daily-show)

back to the view??? he's safer there. ask me no questions. :laugh2:

hjmick
10-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Why not go on The Daily Show? That's where I usually find some of the better jokes. Obama fit right in...

SassyLady
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
No, we don't want him focusing any more time on our problems, given his track record that would just make things worse.

Good point ... :laugh:

Libertarian94
10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I think it's valid, he's got enough to do without slending his time on comedy shows, and he'll have plenty of time to get back to that when he leaves office.

The only UK example that I can think of that which is in any way similar was Tony Blair appearing on the Cathrine Tate show, and that was for Comic Relief (TV fundraiser for Africa held bi-annually) certainly bot just a normal mainstream show =/

Couldnt he of spent the time on the streets of whatever city he was in talking to the people?

Hardly... The phrase bigger fish to fry comes to my mind. This is of no real consequence and seems largely irrelevant. Mean while our economy is royally fucked. This is like yelling at someone for tracking mud on your carpet after they set the whole house on fire. Its silly.

Trigg
10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Hardly... The phrase bigger fish to fry comes to my mind. This is of no real consequence and seems largely irrelevant. Mean while our economy is royally fucked. This is like yelling at someone for tracking mud on your carpet after they set the whole house on fire. Its silly.

So you admit that the economy is in the shitter, but you have no problem with Obama spending his time on comedy shows?????:lame2:

Maybe if he'd spend more time in his office he could fix something.

Kathianne
10-28-2010, 07:02 PM
So you admit that the economy is in the shitter, but you have no problem with Obama spending his time on comedy shows?????:lame2:

Maybe if he'd spend more time in his office he could fix something.

Actually I do believe the obviously young self-anointed genius basically said that the op was bitching about muddy carpet making by Obama, when he'd already set the house of fire. :laugh:

Good point there, lefty.

KarlMarx
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Obama has, in a sense, helped make us a classless society....

I honestly feel that I went to bed and woke up the next morning and the country I knew just vanished and has been replaced with an insane asylum

This is the same country that put a man on the moon
The same country that invented the airplane, the automobile, the computer, and the Internet
This is the same country where millions of immigrants came to seek out a better life for themselves

Now what is it? A land full of empty factories, closed shops, and bankrupt businesses... A land full of people looking for a job and finding none.

KarlMarx
10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Why not go on The Daily Show? That's where I usually find some of the better jokes. Obama fit right in...

Actually, the program I'd like to see Obama on is "House Hunters International"