PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi May Retire If Dems Lose House

red states rule
10-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Damn, Christmas may come early this year. If any of you were mulling over NOT voting - here is a great reason to vote on Tuesday

We may get rid of San Fran Nan once and for all!

As Nancy Pelosi goes, so might a generation of her colleagues.

If Democrats lose control of the House of Representatives next week, as most political observers expect, there is a good chance that the House Speaker will opt to spend time with her eight grandchildren rather than toil in the relative obscurity of the minority.

Even if she wanted to stay on, it's not at all clear that she would win the position of minority leader: seven Democratic incumbents and several candidates oppose her leadership — on Wednesday, North Carolina Representative Heath Shuler suggested he might challenge Pelosi for the spot — and another 20 have refused to say one way or another. Pelosi is more likely to leave gracefully, trading the red-eye slog for the pleasant commute between her San Francisco and Napa homes, and leaving the caucus in the hands of majority leader Steny Hoyer, who has been chafing in her shadow for decades.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,2028212,00.html#ixzz13qZBWhDP

Missileman
10-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Damn, Christmas may come early this year. If any of you were mulling over NOT voting - here is a great reason to vote on Tuesday

Regardless of it's impact on my future political career, if I were Boehner, when Pelosi handed me the gavel I would hand her a dildo and tell her to go f*** herself.

red states rule
10-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Regardless of it's impact on my future political career, if I were Boehner, when Pelosi handed me the gavel I would hand her a dildo and tell her to go f*** herself.

He may not have the chance. It may be Pelosi will be to humilated to hand over the gavel and retire before 1/20/11 and let someone else do it. Liberal ego may rule the day.

Mr. P
10-30-2010, 01:19 PM
How many that claimed in 2000 if Bush was elected they'd leave the Country and NEVER did? just sayin.. The way I see it is she ain't retiring she got the boot!! (I hope):laugh2:

Indy
10-30-2010, 03:40 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. This is a woman who thinks food stamps will stimulate the economy.

fj1200
10-31-2010, 06:11 AM
How many Dems will switch sides after the Republicans take control a la '94? There's got to be some I imagine.

red states rule
10-31-2010, 06:25 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. This is a woman who thinks food stamps will stimulate the economy.

or her take on Obamacre

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hV-05TLiiLU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hV-05TLiiLU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kathianne
10-31-2010, 06:43 AM
How many Dems will switch sides after the Republicans take control a la '94? There's got to be some I imagine.

I can't see a reason to switch soon after the election, any switch. On the other hand, it will be interesting to see how many of the newly elected recognize they better follow the will of the people on major issues, or they'll be on the other side of the door come 2012. That's what interests me, not who's got the 'biggest number.'

red states rule
10-31-2010, 06:46 AM
I can't see a reason to switch soon after the election, any switch. On the other hand, it will be interesting to see how many of the newly elected recognize they better follow the will of the people on major issues, or they'll be on the other side of the door come 2012. That's what interests me, not who's got the 'biggest number.'

Another factorwill be the Dems who are up for reelection in 2010 and will vote to repeal Obamacare, extend the Bush tax cuts, repeal of shore drilling, and other issues the Tea Party ran on

So many Dems broke away from Pelosi and Reid on the Bush tax cuts, Dems refused to vote on them until after the election

So who knows if we will or will not have veto proof majority on some key issues?