PDA

View Full Version : Sanity Rally A Bit Unhinged

Kathianne
10-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Trying for 'No filming at public venue':

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/rally-to-resore-sanity-pledges-to-strictly-prohibit-filming-at-national-mall-106355893.html

“Rally to Resore Sanity” pledges to “strictly prohibit filming” at National Mall
By: J.P. Freire
Associate Commentary Editor
10/29/10 10:35 PM EDT

Irony reaches new heights as Comedy Central is going to “strictly prohibit filming” of the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive. PJTV’s Washington Bureau chief Richard Pollock inquired with the Comedy Central’s senior vice president of corporate communications Steve Albani about receiving credentials. Albani claimed that Pollock would not be given credentials because of limited supply, and as such there would be no room on the “press riser” for PJTV’s camera and crew. When Pollock said that he’d be fine with filming not on the press riser, Albani said that filming would be “strictly prohibited” between 3rd and 7th streets on the National Mall (ground zero for the event). The email exchange is further down.

The claim that Comedy Central can prohibit filming on federal property during an event open to the public is completely wrong. I know this because I co-organized the first D.C. Tea Party event with John O’Hara (again, prior to my employment at The Examiner, yadda yadda), meaning I’ve gone through the process of getting a permit on federal property run by the National Park Service, which is precisely what Comedy Central had to do. And under the special events guidelines, which Albani may not have taken time to look at, is this:

News coverage of the event is allowed without additional permits unless significant additional equipment set-up, which is not depicted on the Permittees site plan, is involved. Arrangements for press and broadcast media coverage of the event must be made at least seven (7) days before the opening day of the event...

10-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Not surprised they tried to though.

But seriously, does anyone really think this rally impacted people? I mean yeah, jokes are great, but how many lives to jokes really change?

Kathianne
10-30-2010, 05:57 PM
and speaking of slightly unhinged, they had Yusuf Islam, aka Cat Stevens appear. Now he's on record as supporting the fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

bullypulpit
10-30-2010, 07:55 PM
And Beckapalooza wasn't?

SassyLady
10-30-2010, 08:05 PM
No, it wasn't.

BoogyMan
10-30-2010, 10:24 PM
And Beckapalooza wasn't?

The focus of the Beck rally was "Restoring Honor," the focus of the "Sanity" rally was to essentially mock the voting populace who are ready to force some change in Washington.

bullypulpit
10-31-2010, 04:31 AM
The focus of the Beck rally was "Restoring Honor," the focus of the "Sanity" rally was to essentially mock the voting populace who are ready to force some change in Washington.

ROFLMAO! The focus of Beckapalooza was lining Glenn Becks pockets. The Stewart and Colbert rally was to mock, caricature and otherwise satirize the right wing-nut pundits and their slavish followers who would willingly take this nation down the path to a fascist version of "Leave It To Beaver".

fj1200
10-31-2010, 05:49 AM
... fascist version of "Leave It To Beaver".

:laugh: BP is a bit unhinged as well? :laugh:

red states rule
10-31-2010, 06:22 AM
:laugh: BP is a bit unhinged as well? :laugh:

It is possible BP was at the rally. This is the type of nonpartisan sign he would hold up with pride

http://www.newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_375/main_photos/2010/October/2010-10-30-republican-hitler.jpg

fj1200
10-31-2010, 06:27 AM
He forgot the pic of Ward Cleaver with the Hitler 'stache. :cool:

red states rule
10-31-2010, 06:34 AM
He forgot the pic of Ward Cleaver with the Hitler 'stache. :cool:

I suspect we will not see much of Bully for awhile. He ran away from his own thread on wheat Republicnas really want when the facts got to be overwhelming for him.

Besides that, he will have many wounds to lick starting Tuesday night

fj1200
10-31-2010, 12:28 PM
We were having a rousing discussion of the consequences of Bush tax policy and he didn't respond to my post referencing static scoring vs. dynamic scoring... weird. ;)

:laugh:

red states rule
10-31-2010, 12:32 PM
We were having a rousing discussion of the consequences of Bush tax policy and he didn't respond to my post referencing static scoring vs. dynamic scoring... weird. ;)

:laugh:

BP is what is called a drive by poster. He drives by - posts a few cheap shots - then flees

He has never had a history of carrying on a serious discussion

He knows what the future has in store for his party on Tuesday and it is almost like if he ignores it - it won't happen

bullypulpit
10-31-2010, 07:42 PM
It is possible BP was at the rally. This is the type of nonpartisan sign he would hold up with pride

http://www.newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_375/main_photos/2010/October/2010-10-30-republican-hitler.jpg

I would love to have gone...I was busy saving lives though.

BoogyMan
10-31-2010, 08:35 PM
ROFLMAO! The focus of Beckapalooza was lining Glenn Becks pockets. The Stewart and Colbert rally was to mock, caricature and otherwise satirize the right wing-nut pundits and their slavish followers who would willingly take this nation down the path to a fascist version of "Leave It To Beaver".

OK, you posted it, now prove it. For once in the entire time you have been here at DP, PROVE your assertion. I will listen and enjoy and substantive and well supported argument created from legitimate and non-biased sources.

Here is your chance to gain some credibility, make the best of it.

10-31-2010, 09:52 PM

How did he line his pockets by giving his own money to pay for the event and giving all proceeds to charity?

SassyLady
11-01-2010, 12:46 AM
How did he line his pockets by giving his own money to pay for the event and giving all proceeds to charity?

BP is just parroting what he hears from Beck haters on all the LSM.

red states rule
11-01-2010, 03:20 AM

Are you sure you were not there BP? The people interviewed sound alot like you

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlMq1R-64Qc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IlMq1R-64Qc&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

red states rule
11-01-2010, 03:38 AM
I would love to have gone...I was busy saving lives though.

But cheer up BP, you may be able to take a few days of bereavement leave after the election. Check with your HR department to see if it is available

bullypulpit
11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Estimated attendance at the Stewart/Colbert rally: 217,000

Estimated attendance at Beckapalooza: 87,000

Nukeman
11-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Would you please provide some arial photo's!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Noir
11-01-2010, 07:08 AM

For becks rally I've heard numbers ranging from 87,000 to 500,000. Some folks need to learn to estimate better xD

Also, bully, you said that the tea party movement would bring fascism, can you detail (or atleast outline) the fascist policies of the movement?

Nukeman
11-01-2010, 07:09 AM
So your admitting that it was only to MAKE FUN OF CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!! Yet Beck didn't make fun of liberals in his rally!!!!!

How forthcoming for you Bully you usualy aren't this honest!!!

BoogyMan
11-01-2010, 08:01 AM
OK, you posted it, now prove it. For once in the entire time you have been here at DP, PROVE your assertion. I will listen and enjoy and substantive and well supported argument created from legitimate and non-biased sources.

Here is your chance to gain some credibility, make the best of it.

Just in case BP didn't see this request the first time around.

sybarite
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
This was a pathetic attempt by the left to mock the Glenn Beck rally. It reeked of immaturity. No wonder this country is going down the tubes. The unemployment rate, astronomical national debt, etc. is funny? People are losing their homes in record numbers. Libs, GROW UP!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc68/snowridergo/sendintheclowns.jpg

red states rule
11-01-2010, 05:01 PM

BP, you do make this way toooooooooo easy

Glenn Becks rally

http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists.com/files/2010/10/beck-restoring-honor-8-28-2010-aerial-photo.jpg

Restore rally
http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists.com/files/2010/10/rally-to-restore-sanity-aerial-10-30-10.jpg

OKI BP make like a Maytag washer and go into the spin cycle