PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare: Doctors Will be Fined or Jailed if they Put Patients First

red states rule
10-31-2010, 07:34 AM
There have been reports of many Doctor's getting out of the profession because of Obamacare

Here is one reason

If Obamacare is completely implemented, doctors will no longer be practicing medicine. They will instead become the drones tasked with deciding who gets the meager healthcare crumbs doled out by the bureaucrats who have the ultimate power over patient life and death. Those who are deemed to have illnesses that require treatments which are not cost effective can expect a one way ticket to a hospice.

Like so many bills passed by Congress, there was a hidden provision in the Stimulus bill passed in 2009. It spends 1.1 billion dollars to create an important piece of the framework for the healthcare bill called the Coordinating Council on Comparative Effectiveness Research. It is based on the false premise that doctors in consultation with their patients don’t have the ability to make the right healthcare choices (see executive summary). The council consists of 15 people appointed by the President.

They all have one thing in common–they are all isolated from day to day patient care; and therefore, are insulated from the real practice of the art of medicine. It makes it easy to see patients as a cost center to be controlled. With views of members like Dr Emanuel, who champions the complete-lives system, it is hard to ignore the probability that senior citizens, those with chronic illness, and the very young will be on the outside looking in. This council is another example of the people of this country being told by the government that it knows what is best for us.

The framework set up by the stimulus bill merely set the stage for the implementation found in the healthcare reform bill. How can the government get doctors to participate in Obamacare thereby a) willingly destroying the doctor patient relationship, and b) betraying their Hippocratic Oath to provide treatments that they deem to be effective? Simple – fear and intimidation.

http://biggovernment.com/egeorge/2010/10/30/obamacare-endgame-doctors-will-be-fined-or-jailed-if-they-put-patients-first/

bullypulpit
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
There have been reports of many Doctor's getting out of the profession because of Obamacare

Here is one reason

Uhhh, Red...You're wrong again. But that's not really surprising. And Andrew Brietbart...Really? He may be a reliable source, but only insofar as he is reliably right-wing.

The Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research is just that, dedicated to analysis and metanalysis of data and studies of treatments for medical conditions which provide the best outcomes FOR THE PATIENTS. It is about getting more bang for the health care buck. Personalized care means that doctors will have to be more involved with their patients, not less as the author of the screed you linked to implies.

The long and short of this issue is that it is nothing more than another iteration of the long since discredited notion of "death panels". Now, as before, this non-issue is trotted out by the right in an attempt to engender fear and uncertainty amongst voters. But that's all the Teapublicans have to offer...fear. And in times like these, there are many out there who will fall prey to these base fears. It is the easier path to follow.

Nukeman
11-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Uhhh, Red...You're wrong again. But that's not really surprising. And Andrew Brietbart...Really? He may be a reliable source, but only insofar as he is reliably right-wing.

The Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research is just that, dedicated to analysis and metanalysis of data and studies of treatments for medical conditions which provide the best outcomes FOR THE PATIENTS. It is about getting more bang for the health care buck. Personalized care means that doctors will have to be more involved with their patients, not less as the author of the screed you linked to implies.

The long and short of this issue is that it is nothing more than another iteration of the long since discredited notion of "death panels". Now, as before, this non-issue is trotted out by the right in an attempt to engender fear and uncertainty amongst voters. But that's all the Teapublicans have to offer...fear. And in times like these, there are many out there who will fall prey to these base fears. It is the easier path to follow.
So your telling me that under Obamacare the physicians will be able to use drugs in off lable studies and treatment??? Really with this "personalized" care we will actully be able to do what is best for the patient??? REALLY?????

Bully you know as well as I that there are soooo many drugs that can be used for other than intended use yet we are unable to use them because some politician says we shouldn't. We have people with NO HEALTHCARE experience telling us what we can and can not do!!! Under this "obamacare" it is only going to get worse.

Tell me Bully how do you feel about CON's (certificate of need) are they a good thing, how do you feel about the new utilization numbers for new equipment?? I can go on if you would like!?!?!?!?!?

namvet
11-01-2010, 10:35 AM
. But that's not really surprising. And Andrew Brietbart...Really? He may be a reliable source, but only insofar as he is reliably right-wing.

Uhhh, Bullshit...as usual You're wrong again. as far back as 2 years doctors started leaving clinics because of the AMA's support of this 1/2breeds deathcare. then the AMA with drew its support. sound familiar huh???

but hey its really just moot. tomorrow we end this liberal insanity and repeal deathcare. live with it

red states rule
11-01-2010, 05:08 PM

Not that you care about the facts but I will try

1) Dr. Elaina George:

Dr. Elaina George is Board certified Otolaryngologist who started Peachtree ENT Center with a mission to practice state of the art medicine that is available to everyone. She graduated from Princeton University with a degree in Biology. She received her Masters degree in Medical Microbiology at Long Island University, and received her medical degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. Dr George completed her residency at Manhattan, Eye Ear & Throat Hospital. Her training included general surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital, pediatric ENT at The NY-Presbyterian Hospital, and head and neck oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. She has published in several scientific journals and presented her research at national meetings. She has a weekly radio show, Medicine on Call that focuses on various aspects of medicine including the politics of healthcare

2) She sites what is IN THE BILL and in the Executive Summary

3) Is it any wonder more then 58% of voters want Obamacare REPEALED?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law

revelarts
11-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I hope it is repealed . but I'm jaded enough to think that the republicans will find an excuse (multiple excuses) not to follow through with repeal.
Even if they did, they still have to get it past the new "decider". but Gov't Health care, the Gov't take over of private companies and bailouts are the only "change" Obama is really committed to. I doubt if he'll budge.

So it's a least 2 more years, Unless the people are REALLY pissed and Show it. by pressing in on the republicans on all the issues. They'll fold to big pharam who are one of the main beneficiaries of the "health care" deal.

Past time to seroiusly look at alternative health care options for serious issues.

red states rule
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I hope it is repealed . but I'm jaded enough to think that the republicans will find an excuse (multiple excuses) not to follow through with repeal.
Even if they did, they still have to get it past the new "decider". but Gov't Health care, the Gov't take over of private companies and bailouts are the only "change" Obama is really committed to. I doubt if he'll budge.

So it's a least 2 more years, Unless the people are REALLY pissed and Show it. by pressing in on the republicans on all the issues. They'll fold to big pharam who are one of the main beneficiaries of the "health care" deal.

Past time to seroiusly look at alternative health care options for serious issues.

There is no reason to cut a deal with the guy they just defeated. Again, there may be Dems who are up for reelection in 2012 who will defect and vote to repeal Obamacare and other budget busters

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM

Here is one reason

They all have one thing in common–they are all isolated from day to day patient care

What a load of crap.

Council members represent a diverse set of individuals and agencies; most of its members are clinicianshttp://www.hhs.gov/recovery/programs/os/cerbios.html

Comparative effectiveness research provides information on the relative strengths and weakness of various medical interventions. Such research will give clinicians and patients valid information to make decisions that will improve the performance of the U.S. health care system

As always, the refuge of the right wing is half truths, half lies, fabrication, exaggeration, feigned outrage, and more lies.

red states rule
11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
What a load of crap.
http://www.hhs.gov/recovery/programs/os/cerbios.html

As always, the refuge of the right wing is half truths, half lies, fabrication, exaggeration, feigned outrage, and more lies.

and as usual the libs rant and rave when confronted with the facts about Obamacare

No matter how loud the libs scream, or how many insults they hurl, or how many lies they tell about the "benefits" of Obamacare - a majority of voters still want Obamacare REPEALED

I saw only ONE DEM run on his yes vote for Obamacare - and he lost his reelection bid

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:38 PM
and as usual the libs rant and rave when confronted with the facts about Obamacare

You're confused as to what the word "facts" means.

[quote]No matter how loud the libs scream, or how many insults they hurl, or how many lies they tell about the "benefits" of Obamacare - a majority of voters still want Obamacare REPEALED

The results of a poll don't have anything to do with whether or not what you claim to be a "fact" is actually a "fact"

red states rule
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
What a load of crap.

I am not surprised you are posting what Obama says about the bill

But out in the real world the cost of health ins is going up for nearly everyone

Even AARP is raising prices and they are saying Obamacre is part of the reason for the increase

The AARP’s health insurance costs are going up next year due to rapidly rising medical costs that are partly fueled by the health overhaul, the AP is reporting.

Premiums for the group’s employees will rise by 8% to 13% next year, the story says. The association is changing co-pays and deductibles to avoid a 40% tax on high-cost health plans that goes into effect in 2018, according to the AP. About 4,500 people are covered by the group’s plans.

In an Oct. 25 email, Jennifer Hodges, the AARP’s director of compensation and benefits said, “Plan value changes were necessary not only from a cost management standpoint but also to ensure that AARP’s plans fall below the threshold for high-cost group plans under health care reform.”

The endorsement of the seniors’ lobby helped get the law passed back in March. According to the AP story, the association stands by that move and says the health law is a “small part” of why its employee health costs are going up.

“The impact on AARP employees is not a factor at all in our policy making, which is directed at the impact on our membership and on all older Americans,” the group’s legislative affairs director, David Certner, told the AP.

Other companies have cited the new law in making changes to their health offerings, including Boeing and 3M, which the WSJ wrote about here and here

http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/11/05/aarp-raises-insurance-costs-for-employees/

Trigg
11-05-2010, 08:32 PM
What a load of crap.

how many doctors do you work with? Because trust me, every doctor out there is concerned with the changes that are going to take place.

red states rule
11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
how many doctors do you work with? Because trust me, every doctor out there is concerned with the changes that are going to take place.

Here is one of the polls I was talking about

•46.3% of primary care physicians (family medicine and internal medicine) feel that the passing of health reform will either force them out of medicine or make them want to leave medicine.

•36% of physicians would not recommend medicine as a career, regardless of health reform. 27% would recommend medicine as a career but not if health reform passes.

•62.7% of physicians feel that health reform is needed but should be implemented in a more targeted, gradual way, as opposed to the sweeping overhaul that is in legislation.

http://www.nejmjobs.org/rpt/physician-survey-health-reform-impact.aspx

SpidermanTUba
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

I could give a crap about your anecdotal evidence.

SpidermanTUba
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Here is one of the polls I was talking about

AND? We should trust the folks who have been driving up costs to tell us best how to reduce cost?

red states rule
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
AND? We should trust the folks who have been driving up costs to tell us best how to reduce cost?

So the New England Journal of Medicine and the Doctors polled are the ones "driving up costs"?

Why not admit the truth? No matter what proof is presented to you that Obamacare is a diaster you are going dismiss it out of hand

red states rule
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I could give a crap about facts.

There, I fixed your post for ya

red states rule
11-09-2010, 07:15 PM

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/169831.jpg