PDA

View Full Version : Which Race Commits the Most Crime?

Hugh Lincoln
05-03-2007, 09:24 PM
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/05/the_truth_of_in.php

In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white.

Interesting. Because to hear the media tell it, whites are constantly raping black women, while black males are never doing anything to white women but carrying their groceries across the street.

gabosaurus
05-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I can predict the answer from a right-wing hate blog.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:29 PM
So, there's the figures. Now what?

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
So, there's the figures. Now what? If you're a chick, carry concealed.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
If you're a chick, carry concealed.

Not a bad idea, if said chick gets a chance to get the gun out she should blow his nuts off.

05-03-2007, 09:52 PM
The Human race

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Not a bad idea, if said chick gets a chance to get the gun out she should blow his nuts off. The chest is a bigger target, and, as the center of gravity, can't move nearly as fast as tiny little rapist balls.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
The chest is a bigger target, and, as the center of gravity, can't move nearly as fast as tiny little rapist balls.

Quite true, always go for the site of greatest body mass to incapacitate. But having incapacited THEN she should shoot his nuts off :laugh2:

Gunny
05-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Quite true, always go for the site of greatest body mass to incapacitate. But having incapacited THEN she should shoot his nuts off :laugh2:

Blow off a kneecap. The rest can be done at leisure with a dull instrument.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM

Gag first, the high-pitched whiney screaming annoys the hell out of me.

Gunny
05-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Dropping one of your knees onto the mouth from the standing position resolves such issues. Reduces it to a wimper, anyway.

diuretic
05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Dropping one of your knees onto the mouth from the standing position resolves such issues. Reduces it to a wimper, anyway.

True, it does indeed - helps if you have thick pants material though. Ah what am I saying, just give the little creep a sleeper hold, shuts 'em up quick enough :laugh2:

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Some Democrat judge would have his way with the both of you. My scenario is the most practical, stops the aggressor (and with the correct ammunition shuts him down completely), and keeps Ms. Jones straight with Johnny Law. :slap:

:laugh2:

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Some Democrat judge would have his way with the both of you. My scenario is the most practical, stops the aggressor (and with the correct ammunition shuts him down completely), and keeps Ms. Jones straight with Johnny Law. :slap:

:laugh2:

We don't have Democrat judges, just the usual types that look at you over their spectacles when you're giving evidence and sometimes raise an eyebrow when you explain how you had to use "reasonable force" against the defendant. That can be interesting.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
We don't have Democrat judges, just the usual types that look at you over their spectacles when you're giving evidence and sometimes raise an eyebrow when you explain how you had to use "reasonable force" against the defendant. That can be interesting. You have Democrat judges and are easily identifiable. They're the ones who don't look you in the eye.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
You have Democrat judges and are easily identifiable. They're the ones who don't look you in the eye.

I don't want a judge to look at me until he or she says, " thank you for your evidence" and let's me go. I don't mind looking at counsel taking their questions, but I give evidence to the jury, looking right at them, they're the ajudicators on fact. When I hear the judge addressing me from upper right it's not a good thing.

Chessplayer
05-05-2007, 01:31 AM

In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black.

Given that blacks are a minority, and that whites are a minority, why is this surprising?

gabosaurus
05-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Ohmegodz, the ConReps has lost they balls!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/.jpg

Hobbit
05-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Given that blacks are a minority, and that whites are a minority, why is this surprising?

Look at the chart on the right side of the following link.

http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/usa/incarceration/

Whites...a majority at 63.19% of the general population make up 34.72% of the prison population.

Blacks, a minority at a mere 12.32% of the general population, make up 43.91% of the prison population.

Going back to Hugh Lincoln's post, if race had no bearing on crime, whites would make up 63.19% of offenders in those cases, rather than a lower 44.5%. Blacks should be at 12.32%, but are at almost triple that.

Now, unlike Lincoln up there, I think it's cultural, but to ignore race entirely is stupid. The races are different, especially when you account for culture.

emmett
05-05-2007, 02:06 AM

Whites...a majority at 63.19% of the general population make up 34.72% of the prison population.

Blacks, a minority at a mere 12.32% of the general population, make up 43.91% of the prison population.

Going back to Hugh Lincoln's post, if race had no bearing on crime, whites would make up 63.19% of offenders in those cases, rather than a lower 44.5%. Blacks should be at 12.32%, but are at almost triple that.

Now, unlike Lincoln up there, I think it's cultural, but to ignore race entirely is stupid. The races are different, especially when you account for culture.

You must spread some reputation around to undeserving members before rewarding Hobbit again. Even though his post was worthy you cannot rep him because..............................well, because. Crummy rule!

diuretic
05-05-2007, 03:04 AM

I'd certainly agree with that last statement. The report has a lot of qualifiers in it of course but to ignore the fact - stressing "fact" as in "backed up by evidence", blacks are right up there in the prison population. Once we all get over that fact we (meaning society as a whole) can start trying to find out the causes.

Nuc
05-05-2007, 03:05 AM

In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white.

Intersting. Because to hear the media tell it, whites are constantly raping black women, while black males are never doing anything to white women but carrying their groceries across the street.

Blacks create the most low level crime.

Whites have the highest incidence of white collar crime.

Seems like mass crimes against humanity are not done as much by blacks as by whites and Asians.

Then you have atrocities of the religious missionary type which are mainly done by Christians and Muslims of all races.

So there are several answers to your question but some of them are not the ones you are looking for.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 03:17 AM

Seems like mass crimes against humanity are not done as much by blacks as by whites and Asians.

Then you have atrocities of the religious missionary type which are mainly done by Christians and Muslims of all races.

So there are several answers to your question but some of them are not the ones you are looking for.

Now we're getting somewhere. Now Nuc I'm going to take your points and try and work with them and see if I can add anything to the debate, I'm not knifing your argument.

Whites have the highest incidence of white collar crime. Okay, lets say yes, you're right. We need to ask why? Is it because in the echelons of corporations where white collar crime can be carried out in spectacular fashion (eg Enron) there are mainly whites there?

Seems like mass crimes against humanity are not done as much by blacks as by whites and Asians We know whites have form for this, no argument. Asians - a very good friend of mine (before he moved to Perth) was a Cambodian who had survived the Khmer Rouge regime. Yes, I'd agree with Asians (can't forget the Japanese in Nanking either). Blacks, you bet. Take a look at Rwanda, Darfur etc. So I disgree with you, blacks are quite capable of genocide, just like whites and Asians.

Then you have atrocities of the religious missionary type which are mainly done by Christians and Muslims of all races. I don't know if I'd argue that missionary-types commit atrocities, I'd prefer to say that religion has, historically and in contemporary times, provided an excuse or at least has facilitated, atrocities.

Waddya think?

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:18 AM
More than 1,600 Whites are murdered by Blacks each year.

Blacks murder Whites at 18 times the rate Whites murder Blacks.

About 1 million Whites were murdered, robbed, assaulted, or raped by Blacks in 1992.

In the last 30 years, 170 million violent and nonviolent crimes were committed by Blacks against Whites in the U.S.

Blacks under 18 are more than 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than Whites the same age.

Some 90% of the victims of race crimes are Whites.

Blacks commit 7.5 times more violent interracial crimes than Whites, although they comprise only one-seventh of the White population.

On a per-capita basis, blacks commit 50 times more violent crimes than Whites.

Some 27 million nonviolent crimes were committed in the U.S. in 1992 alone. 31% of the robberies involved Black offenders and White victims; only 2% involved White offenders and Black victims.

http://www.libreopinion.com/members/standarteslc/race05.html

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Ohmegodz, the ConReps has lost they balls!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/.jpg

Another "QUALITY" contribution from miss jihadosaurus.... :uhoh:

Nuc
05-05-2007, 03:24 AM
More than 1,600 Whites are murdered by Blacks each year. Blacks murder Whites at 18 times the rate Whites murder Blacks.
About 1 million Whites were murdered, robbed, assaulted, or raped by Blacks in 1992.

In the last 30 years, 170 million violent and nonviolent crimes were committed by Blacks against Whites in the U.S.
Blacks under 18 are more than 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than Whites the same age.
Some 90% of the victims of race crimes are Whites.
Blacks commit 7.5 times more violent interracial crimes than Whites, although they comprise only one-seventh of the White population.
On a per-capita basis, blacks commit 50 times more violent crimes than Whites.
Some 27 million nonviolent crimes were committed in the U.S. in 1992 alone. 31% of the robberies involved Black offenders and White victims; only 2% involved White offenders and Black victims.

http://www.libreopinion.com/members/standarteslc/race05.html

OK, assuming these facts are correct, what's your solution?

My solution was "move to Australia".

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:27 AM
OK, assuming these facts are correct, what's your solution?

My solution was "move to Australia".

They outlawed guns down there. Won't work for me. But I plan on taking a vacation there someday. I want to ride that train from coast to coast.

I'm usually pack'n. Try anything funny with me and I'll make a canoe out of your skull. That's my answer.

Nuc
05-05-2007, 03:33 AM
They outlawed guns down there. Won't work for me. But I plan on taking a vacation there someday. I want to ride that train from coast to coast.

I'm usually pack'n. Try anything funny with me and I'll make a canoe out of your skull. That's my answer.

So the answer to "what to do about the incredible criminality of Negroes" is for Pale Rider to pack a gun? Somehow I don't think that's going to turn the tide.

I meant, what's society's solution to the problem?

05-05-2007, 03:41 AM
So the answer to "what to do about the incredible criminality of Negroes" is for Pale Rider to pack a gun? Somehow I don't think that's going to turn the tide.

Adherence to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:43 AM

Seriously... I'm not joking... "everybody pack a gun.... if....IF... you can LEGALLY."

What happened to the crime rate down there after you banned guns? Wait... I know... crime went up, dramatically.

One year after gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms, including semi-automatic .22 rifles and shotguns, to be destroyed in a government program costing over 500 million dollars, the results are in...

The latest crime statistics reveal a dramatic increase in criminal activity. Gun control advocates respond "Just wait... we'll be safer... you'll see...".

Unfortunately, the ban has made the Australian criminal safer now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBSERVABLE FACT AFTER 12 MONTHS OF DATA

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2%.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6%.

Australia-wide, armed-robberies are up 44%. (yes, FORTY-FOUR PERCENT)

In the state of Victoria, homicides-with-firearms are up 300%!

The steady decrease in homicides-with-firearms that occurred during the previous 25 years became an increase in the last 12 months.

The steady decrease in armed-robbery-with-firearms that occurred during the previous 25 years became an increase in the last 12 months.

There has been a dramatic increase in breakins-and-assaults-of-the-elderly.

At the time of the ban, the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason for owning a firearm".

From 1910 to present, homicides in Australia have averaged about 1.8-per-100,000 or lower, a safe society by any standard.

The ban has destroyed Australia's standings in some international sport shooting competitions.

The membership of the Australian Sports Shooting Association has increased by 200% in response to the ban and in an attempt to organize against further controls, which are expected.

Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain why no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns". Their response has been to "wait longer".
http://www.nrawinningteam.com/auresult.html

Nuc
05-05-2007, 03:46 AM
Seriously... I'm not joking... "everybody pack a gun.... if....IF... you can LEGALLY."

What happened to the crime rate down there after you banned guns? Wait... I know... crime when up, dramatically.

I think the race problems are so bad in America that even having hillbillies like you shooting rappers down on a daily basis is not going to put a dent in it.

My personal feeling is that it's a hopeless situation. No solution. The blacks have fallen too far to pick them up, and you really can't kill them all, and even with their high crime rate they won't kill themselves off either.

05-05-2007, 03:50 AM
I think the race problems are so bad in America that even having hillbillies like you shooting rappers down on a daily basis is not going to put a dent in it.

My personal feeling is that it's a hopeless situation. No solution. The blacks have fallen too far to pick them up, and you really can't kill them all, and even with their high crime rate they won't kill themselves off either.

Actually, I dont think the race problems are as bad as the liberals and the media (I know Im repeating myself) like to pretend.

Nothing is hopeless.

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:51 AM

You could be right about the blacks, but don't discount me. Given the opportunity, I could make a real dent... :laugh2:

Seriously though, just like the muslims, it's going to take the "good" blacks to reign in the "bad" blacks, and it'll take the "good" muslims, if there is such a thing, to reign in the bad ones.

But just to be clear, disarming the citizens isn't the answer either. You guys are learning that the hard way. I'm surprized there isn't a movement down there to get your guns back.

Nuc
05-05-2007, 03:55 AM
But just to be clear, disarming the citizens isn't the answer either. You guys are learning that the hard way. I'm surprized there isn't a movement down there to get your guns back.

The biggest serial killing before last month's VA one was in Tasmania. After that the population got disgusted with guns and wanted strong controls. I know you're thinking "if the victims had been armed.....blah blah" but I'm just reporting what happened. That was before my time here.

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 04:00 AM
The biggest serial killing before last month's VA one was in Tasmania. After that the population got disgusted with guns and wanted strong controls. I know you're thinking "if the victims had been armed.....blah blah" but I'm just reporting what happened. That was before my time here.

Well, "if the victims had been armed, blah, blah, blah," is a valid arguement. And VA Tech wasn't a "serial killing." It was more of a "mass murder."

I'm still surprized that there isn't a movement down there to get your gun rights back. You all should know by now that the disarming of your country was a total failure.

Nuc
05-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Well, "if the victims had been armed, blah, blah, blah," is a valid arguement. And VA Tech wasn't a "serial killing." It was more of a "mass murder."

I'm still surprized that there isn't a movement down there to get your gun rights back. You all should know by now that the disarming of your country was a total failure.

Where i live a stolen bicycle gets an article in the newspaper. Crime is low here. We don't need to pack guns to shoot down the occasional bicycle thief.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 04:05 AM

Guns aren't outlawed here. Yes, we do have restrictions (like the US it's state law which covers firearms) but they're not outlawed.

On the train(s) - http://www.gsr.com.au/ - got it all there for you.

Nuc
05-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Yeah, guns are legal here, the population is just not stupid enough to use them the way Americans do.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 04:13 AM

What happened to the crime rate down there after you banned guns? Wait... I know... crime went up, dramatically.

http://www.nrawinningteam.com/auresult.html

Trying to link gun control with crime rates is a bit silly. There are all sorts of variables involved in the production of crime and the issue of gun control is separate from crime causation. If Keith Tidswell is trying to argue a causation from gun control to an alleged escalation of crime I wish him well but he's drawing a long bow (also controlled - little pun there). You have to analyse crimes closely to work out what's going on and we have experts for that - http://www.aic.gov.au - here's a little view - http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/facts/2006/01_recorded_crime.html

diuretic
05-05-2007, 04:18 AM

It's not a valid argument. You have military training right? You would be able to look after yourself okay, but what about people who have hadn't had that sort of training or experience?

On the buybacks. Both were reflexive reactions by our federal government. Now I'm trying to be as objective as possible here but I need to point out that we have a Prime Minister who is supposed to be a conservative but is in fact not. Not in the classic, Burkean sense anyway. He's actually a populist. After Port Arthur he devised a really, really stupid policy of buyback. The only good was that in Tasmania they tightened up their gun control laws. The rest of it was just fluff to make the population feel safer. Same for the handgun buyback, one incident - one incident - and that was it, off he went again on another stupid, stupid policy jaunt.

We haven't been "disarmed". We just have more firearms control than most of the States in the US. And we're not fussed about it.

diuretic
05-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Yeah, guns are legal here, the population is just not stupid enough to use them the way Americans do.

I disagree Nuc. If Americans misused their firearms you'd see a lot more tragedies than you do now. The average firearm owner isn't irresponsible. Just like here, we emphasise safe and proper use by responsible owners.

Hugh Lincoln
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM

But your answer here is more rhetoric than fact. I think that by saying whites commit "crimes against humanity" you're stretching the definition of "crime" to places it shouldn't go... "crime" means personal-level violence and fraud that makes everyday society an ugly place. War is ugly, too, but that's a different thing.

Sitarro
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM

Interesting. Because to hear the media tell it, whites are constantly raping black women, while black males are never doing anything to white women but carrying their groceries across the street.

I don't know Hugh but the first six local stories on the news the other night involved blacks commiting violence around the Houston area, the next four were about latinos doing the same. A lot of the time the victims of this proud, brave race are elderly white females. There are sections of Houston that the police and fire department aren't interested in going to.......they all just happen to be overwhelmingly populated by black people......many are those wonderful "victims" of Katrina still sucking off of the government tits.

So I guess the answer to "what race is causing the most problems?" would have to be white elderly people because they go around being easy targets forcing minority races to prey on them. If they weren't so frail and weak maybe the temptation for strong, proud black and brown men and women wouldn't be so great and they would go out and actually try to earn an honest living........ahh......never mind, just kidding.....as pro atheletes with more money than God have proven, "it's a black thang".

Hobbit
05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
The solution to the problem with the lopsidedness of the criminal population is going to have to come from within. Current black culture hates white people, especially if they have money, glorifies crime and violence, objectifies women, and villifies success. It's going to take black people denouncing black culture to bring about change. I believe it can happen, but, as a white man, I think there are many other problems I could try to address and have it not be an excercise in futility. I think that if there were more Bill Cosby's and fewer Jesse Jacksons, we'd see racial animosity drop significantly.

As for gun control, Washington D.C. has, for all intents and purposes, a full-blown ban on all firearms. Since the ban went into effect, the southeastern side of town has become so dangerous that police offer armed escort to a safer area for any white person seen in that sector. It also has the highest murder rate in the country. The law was overturned by a federal court, but still remains in place, pending appeal to the Supreme Court. Gun control activists say it's going to turn D.C. into the wild west, speaking as if it isn't worse than that already. I'd rather be at the OK Corrall than southeastern D.C. Other factors have been looked into for the increase in crime in D.C., but none of them have been found to have enough of an impact to account for the rise, and many of them have no way to account for the constant rise in crime since the gun ban went into effect.

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Where i live a stolen bicycle gets an article in the newspaper. Crime is low here. We don't need to pack guns to shoot down the occasional bicycle thief.

Really.... tell me... where is it that they DO gun down bicycle theaves?

And it doesn't appear your contrymen agree with you.....

SOME POLLS TAKEN BEFORE PORT ARTHUR MASSACRE

March 3, 1994: Channel 7 offered a phone poll of "Australia's Most Wanted" viewers.

Q: Should a citizen have the right to self-defense with a firearm when attacked at home by an intruder?
A: 13,414 ,YES..........315,NO..........97% in favour

March 24-25, 1994: The Sun Herald-Sun asked

Q: Should the Government ban keeping guns in homes?
A; 1427,NO..........51,YES..........96.5% against.

April 6, 1995: The Herald-Sun asked Victorians

Q: Do you think (Victorian) gun laws are tough enough?
A: 89% said YES.

http://home.overflow.net.au/~nedwood/guns.html

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Guns aren't outlawed here. Yes, we do have restrictions (like the US it's state law which covers firearms) but they're not outlawed.

On the train(s) - http://www.gsr.com.au/ - got it all there for you.

Thanks for the link. Great stuff. I plan on taking that train trip in the next couple years. First a cruise to Australia, then the train trip, and fly home.

And then there's this about your gun situation written by an ausie...

INTERESTING STATISTIC

I am so sick and tired of ignorant know it alls who slavishly treat the media hype as "holy gospel" and blatantly accuse the American people of being gun happy. You often hear the expression, "Well, we don't want our country to become like the United States, do we?"
I have extensively traveled the US almost as much as I have my own country and I can vouch for the fact that it is a lot safer place to visit and live in than ours with the exception of those more multicultural states which adopt strict gun laws rivaling our own. Compare their population with ours and we are a lot worse off boasting the highest incident of home invasions in the world.
If you honestly compare Australia to the US for security, both against foreign and domestic intrusion, the difference is laughable. We could well have the Americans repeating our own lines back to us because most I have spoken to cannot imagine living in a county like ours which has a depleted defense force and a criminal element with no resistance from ordinary citizens - citizens who have traditionally been the last bastion of our freedom.
Following is an extract from a really good web page with heaps of reasons why we must resist the efforts of governments who aim to disarm their civilians.

"4. Vermont has a genuine right to carry law (i.e., requires no permits) and yet boasts the lowest crime rate in the nation
a. Nationwide, concealed carry laws have worked to drop crime rates. Indeed, a comprehensive national study in 1996 determined that violent crime fell after states made it legal to carry concealed firearms.
b. The results of the study showed: * States which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%; and * If those states not having concealed carry laws had adopted such laws in 1992, then approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000 aggravated assaults and 12,000 robberies would have been avoided yearly. "

Pale Rider
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Trying to link gun control with crime rates is a bit silly.

OK well, I'll just have to repectfully disagree with you diu. I think there's an absolute connection. Especially when there's reams of evidence that shows crime and gun laws effect one another in a very immiediate way.

More guns = less crime. Less guns = more crime. Over and over, this is the fact. All over the world. Not even to mention this....

INTERESTING TO NOTE THE GUN CONTROL HISTORY OF REPUBLICS AROUND THE WORLD

1-----In the United States the first gun control laws were enacted during the Civil War era to prevent guns from falling into the hands of black slaves who might be inclined to attack their masters and thereby keeping control in the hands of the latter.

2-----The Turkish Ottoman Empire established gun control in 1911, proceeding then to exterminate 1.5 million Armenians from 1914 - 1917.

3-----The Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. Subsequently from 1928 - 1953, 60 million dissidents were imprisoned and then exterminated.

4-----China. Gun control laws were enacted in 1935. Between 1948 - 1952, 20 million Chinese, unable to defend themselves, were likewise murdered.

5-----Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 enabling the government to round up 13 million defenceless Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill and impaired human beings, imprisoning them in concentration camps, and by a conscious process of attrition, destroyed them.

6-----Guatemala. Gun control laws were passed in 1964: as a result, between 1964 - 1981, 100,000 defenceless Mayan Indians met their deaths.

7-----Uganda. Established gun control measures in 1970. Predictably, from 1971 - 1979, 300,000 defenceless Christians met a similar fate.

8-----Cambodia. Established gun control measures in 1956, subsequently from 1957 - 1977 one million Cambodians met their deaths.

9-----Closer to home, Indonesia, another Republic, has a similar record. Out of a population of just one million people in East Timor, 200,000 have been killed over the past twenty years until the recent bloodshed when it still unknown how many thousands more have been murdered. Being promised freedom these brave people elected to vote in a referendum during which the United Nations guaranteed their safety and still they died unarmed and defenceless.

WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DON'T RELY ON THE GOVERNMENT TO DO IT FOR YOU

diuretic
05-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the link. Great stuff. I plan on taking that train trip in the next couple years. First a cruise to Australia, then the train trip, and fly home.

And then there's this about your gun situation written by an ausie...

I agree with him about the distortion in our media about life in the US, in particular crime. I think in total I've probably spent seven or eight months in the US (on vacation I mean) over the years. Once I felt threatened and that was dumbarse tourist me taking a wrong turn in Detroit and ending up in crackville. Oh there was another time. I took a stroll through the Tenderloin one morning - about 8 am - now that was WEIRD! I've felt more threatened in London, Paris, Vienna and Czechoslovakia (that was during the Communist era, border cop shoved his assault rifle in my face).

diuretic
05-05-2007, 09:59 PM
OK well, I'll just have to repectfully disagree with you diu. I think there's an absolute connection. Especially when there's reams of evidence that shows crime and gun laws effect one another in a very immiediate way.

More guns = less crime. Less guns = more crime. Over and over, this is the fact. All over the world. Not even to mention this....

That's an interesting site, thanks for pointing it out. I'd really like to analyse his claims closely and put my own views but I don't want to bore everyone in the thread.

But let me just put my personal position. I'm in favour of reasonable gun control laws which are based on need and not on ideology. I'm not one of the "I hate all firearms" brigade. I'm not frightened of firearms. I know that firearms owners here are responsible people, not idiots, not yobs and not crooks. I used to be very good friends with a Senator here who was in the same party as me (Labor) and who was a collector of firearms, very knowledgeable about them. For us it's not about ideology. Yes, a lot of rubbish is talked about guns here, mainly by people couldn't distinguish a trigger from a shovel, but somehow our legislators manage to strike a reasonable balance.

Just one thing, the fellow mentions home invasions. Most home invasions here are carried out by people who smell a grow crop and then want to help themselves. We have had the occasional shooting where the cultivator actually shoots the home invader. I love it when that happens, karma all round.