PDA

View Full Version : Obama preaches to (absent) choir

red states rule
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
It is getting so bad for Obama, liberals are not showing up for his "get out the vote" speeches

WASHINGTON -- President Obama played to thousands of empty seats yesterday at his final rally before tomorrow's midterm elections -- a frightful Halloween reminder of how far his fortunes have sunk since he packed stadiums in the 2008 presidential campaign.

Only about 8,000 people showed up for the rally at Cleveland State University's 13,000-seat Wolstein Center, leaving nearly a third of the seats empty during speeches by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Shortly before his election two years ago, Obama drew a crowd of 80,000in Cleveland.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/11/01/news/photos_stories/barack_obama_1--300x150.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/preaches_to_absent_choir_56NKG8NEYJI3KPYPjfHk5K

CSM
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking that he had better get used to that kind of response.

Jeff
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
He is going to be a lonely man,:laugh2:

CSM
11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Hopefully, he won't be that lonely. There are a bunch of libs/Dems that (if all goes as I wish) will be right there with him. If it all works out, we can go back to the days on this board where BP and his ilk will be whining and moaning, ranting and raving and still on "ignore"!

Jeff
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Hopefully, he won't be that lonely. There are a bunch of libs/Dems that (if all goes as I wish) will be right there with him. If it all works out, we can go back to the days on this board where BP and his ilk will be whining and moaning, ranting and raving and still on "ignore"!

OK correction noted and agree on :laugh2:

red states rule
11-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Any bets on how long before Gabby, April 15, BP, and others will be back ranting about the "nazi" takeover?

I wonder how Virgil will hold up tonight and if they will have to put him in padded room with a picture of Obama to keep him calm :lol: