PDA

View Full Version : This is how Adults do it

loosecannon
05-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Under a banner reading "Failures, Go Home," tens of thousands of Israelis from across the political spectrum joined Thursday night in demanding the resignations of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his defense minister for their performance during last summer's war in Lebanon.

The Israeli leader remained defiant, telling aides that the size and diversity of the crowd would not dissuade him from staying in office.

Police said more than 100,000 demonstrators filled Rabin Square in front of City Hall and spilled into surrounding streets. A coalition of army reservists, students and relatives of war dead that organized the protest estimated turnout at between 150,000 and 200,000. It was the largest rally against Olmert's government in the 13 months it has been in office.

"Ehud Olmert, you said you work for us," Meir Shalev, a renowned fiction writer, told the gathering. "Olmert, you are fired!"

The protest was called after an official inquiry panel concluded Monday that Olmert and Defense Minister Amir Peretz had rushed into war without a detailed plan or realistic goals. In 34 days of fighting, the army failed to crush the Hezbollah militia, stop it from firing rockets into Israel or free two captured soldiers.
While the panel did not call for resignations, its censure triggered an outcry among Israelis, who view the war as a defeat. By a margin of 2 to 1 in most polls this week, they said they want Olmert and Peretz to resign.
Former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the rightist opposition leader, joined Thursday in calling for their ouster.

Participants converged from all over Israel on a warm, muggy evening. They included secular and religious Jews, hawks and peaceniks, old and young, settlers in yarmulkes or long skirts, and university students -- a mix reflecting the breadth of disaffection with the country's leaders.

What are WE waiting for.

This is how adults respond when their leaders fail them.

The parrallels are uncanny.

Why does israel act like a nation of adults and demand more from it's leaders while we accept an even worse government and will not DEMAND resignations?

We get the government we deserve.

Dilloduck
05-03-2007, 09:40 PM
What are WE waiting for.

Why does israel act like a nation of adults and demand more from it's leaders while we accept an even worse government and will not DEMAND resignations?

We get the government we deserve.

Adults :laugh2:

It's easy when you ain't playing with you're own money.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Israel failed because they listened to the UN types and appeasers. Democrats want Bush to do the same thing. You're right, it is uncanny.

loosecannon
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Israel failed because they listened to the UN types and appeasers. Democrats want Bush to do the same thing. You're right, it is uncanny.

You are spouting BS.

What makes you think you have a clue why Israel "failed"?

FWIW dumbshit the blue ribbon panel assembled by OLMERT said that lack of a plan, and unrealistic goals caused the failure.

What arrogance allows YOU to assume that YOU know better?

You simply distort all things to serve you desired world view regardless of the fact that you have no clue.

loosecannon
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM

It isn't easy to see whether you are posting in english or your own proprietary language.

glockmail
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
You are spouting BS.

What makes you think you have a clue why Israel "failed"?

FWIW dumbshit the blue ribbon panel assembled by OLMERT said that lack of a plan, and unrealistic goals caused the failure.

You simply distort all things to serve you desired world view regardless of the fact that you have no clue. Israeli and US militaries are the finest in the world. Neither can fail if let loose to do their job. The UN tied the hands of Israel, and the Democrats tie the hands of the US. You are right, it is uncanny.

loosecannon
05-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Israeli and US militaries are the finest in the world. Neither can fail if let loose to do their job. The UN tied the hands of Israel, and the Democrats tie the hands of the US. You are right, it is uncanny.

well your simplistic and uninformed opinion flies in the face of reality and the results of the Israeli inquiry.

The UN did not tie Israel's hands either. The US provided full cover and encouraged israel's aggression.

But Israel failed.

Military scholars muse the implications esp since they mirror the US failures in Iraq.

Evidence says that a style of warfare that has been invested with more than a trillion $ is actually pretty useless.

But please glock, just make up any fabricated story to support your world view. You always do.

lily
05-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Ain't that the truth!

Baron Von Esslingen
05-04-2007, 02:35 AM
But please glock, just make up any fabricated story to support your world view. You always do.

I'm reminded of a thread where someone (who can remain nameless) posted garbage for three or four pages but could never come up with the citations for the "proof" he supposedly had about Saddam being connected to 9/11 thru al-qaeda. I don't pay much attention to glocky unless he comes over the hill with a citation. You shouldn't either.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm reminded of a thread where someone (who can remain nameless) posted garbage for three or four pages but could never come up with the citations for the "proof" he supposedly had about Saddam being connected to 9/11 thru al-qaeda. I don't pay much attention to glocky unless he comes over the hill with a citation. You shouldn't either. George Tenet just wrote a book agreeing with what I said earlier.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:56 AM
well your simplistic and uninformed opinion flies in the face of reality and the results of the Israeli inquiry.

The UN did not tie Israel's hands either. The US provided full cover and encouraged israel's aggression.

But Israel failed.

Military scholars muse the implications esp since they mirror the US failures in Iraq.

Evidence says that a style of warfare that has been invested with more than a trillion $ is actually pretty useless.

Liberals claim both Israli and US armies failures. It's uncanny.

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:59 AM
It isn't easy to see whether you are posting in english or your own proprietary language.

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diuretic
05-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Israeli and US militaries are the finest in the world. Neither can fail if let loose to do their job. The UN tied the hands of Israel, and the Democrats tie the hands of the US. You are right, it is uncanny.

Oh right lolololololol

GW in Ohio
05-04-2007, 08:01 AM
LC: If a petition were started to demand the resignation of Bush and Cheney and their whole crowd....Rice, Wolfowitz, et al....I would sign it.

If there were a demonstration in my area to demand their resignation, I would participate.

The bastards would never resign, but mass demonstrations and petitions with millions of signatures would shame them.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Oh right lolololololol A lib who despises the military. Whouda thunk?

glockmail
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
LC: If a petition were started to demand the resignation of Bush and Cheney and their whole crowd....Rice, Wolfowitz, et al....I would sign it.

If there were a demonstration in my area to demand their resignation, I would participate.

The bastards would never resign, but mass demonstrations and petitions with millions of signatures would shame them.

Go for it man. Start a revolution. We sane people will have fun watching, and Fox News ratings will soar! :laugh2:

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Liberals claim both Israli and US armies failures. It's uncanny.

Israel claims that their military failed.

Get over it.

And the mission in Iraq speaks for itself; George W Bush called it a "catastrophic success".

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Well let's watch and see what happens in Israel.

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
A lib who despises the military. Whouda thunk?

*Cue canned "you hate the military" response from conservative poster*

Did it ever occur to you that he was mocking what you said about the UN and democrats, not what you said about the US and Israeli military?

glockmail
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Israel claims that their military failed.

Get over it.

And the mission in Iraq speaks for itself; George W Bush called it a "catastrophic success".

"Some say". Do you expect me to believe that shit?

As for Irag, if you libs would let us get on with it, we'd have been done a long time ago.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
*Cue canned "you hate the military" response from conservative poster*

Did it ever occur to you that he was mocking what you said about the UN and democrats, not what you said about the US and Israeli military?

Either way. UN lover = military despiser.

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Why don't you read the report by the israeli commission yourself glock?

http://www.countercurrents.org/marsden040507.htm

I spose you might chose to ignore their own conclusions about their own failure.

As for Irag, if you libs would let us get on with it, we'd have been done a long time ago.

You are a pathetic blame shifter. Bush has had us on with it for 4 plus years and it has been headed downhill since the 3rd week or the third month of our occupation depending on your POV.

Take responsibility for what you support and stop blaming the dems for bush's failures.

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Either way. UN lover = military despiser.

OK the non sequitur game:

GOP campaign contributor = pig fucker

your turn

glockmail
05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Why don't you read the report by the israeli commission yourself glock?

http://www.countercurrents.org/marsden040507.htm

I spose you might chose to ignore their own conclusions about their own failure.

You are a pathetic blame shifter. Bush has had us on with it for 4 plus years and it has been headed downhill since the 3rd week or the third month of our occupation depending on your POV.

Take responsibility for what you support and stop blaming the dems for bush's failures.

That report was put together by politicians and is therefore bullshit.

The libs in this country have whined and moaned since Gitmo, and continue to micromanage the war. Waterboarding is not torture, and it gets us the information that we need. You libs took away that tool and others. The way to win is to kill people, break their stuff, and separate who's left with defensible borders. The ROEs make it next to impossible for our soldiers to fight. When they run into a mosque, blow up the fucking mosque. When they run into a school, take down the walls and have our snipers get then one by one. It is libs like you that whine and cry about tactics that are brutal, necessary and work.

Bush's mistake is letting you libs dicate policy. He should have said :fu: from the beginning and then turned our guys loose. I've said all along that he's not a conservative, he's a politician, but he's a damn sight better than Gore or Kerry would have been. AT LEAST HE'S TAKEN THE FIGHT TO THE ENEMY.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 12:03 PM
OK the non sequitur game:

GOP campaign contributor = pig fucker

your turn

Yeah that was equivalent to my post exactly. :rolleyes:

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 02:04 PM
That report was put together by politicians and is therefore bullshit.

That report was the product of a panel that Israeli PM Olbert assembled. Then it named him as one of the three parties who fucked up.

Your dismissal is petty. You just can't handle the truth.

The libs in this country have ... continued to micromanage the war.

LINK??????

You have a technicolor imagination Glockster.

GW in Ohio
05-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Now that is one of the funniest things I've ever read here.

The Iraq apologists and Bushies are blaming us liberals for the total abject failure of the Bush effort in Iraq.

Isn't that just precious?

It's our fault (us liberals) that things are totally fucked up in Iraq.

Here's my response to that assertion.....

:lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol:

Birdzeye
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM

The Iraq apologists and Bushies are blaming us liberals for the total abject failure of the Bush effort in Iraq.

:lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol:

I'm with you, GW. :lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol:

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm with you, GW. :lol: :laugh2: :dance: :laugh2: :lol:

I prefer this one :lol: :laugh2: :finger3: :laugh2: :lol:

glockmail
05-04-2007, 06:56 PM

LINK??????

You have a technicolor imagination Glockster.

You want a fucking link? Read the last bill that they they put on the President's desk. :laugh2:

glockmail
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM

You got it right for once.

:laugh2:

lily
05-04-2007, 07:16 PM

You're just starting to complain now? We've had 4 years of the same old same old, just when were you going to get started getting it on?

lily
05-04-2007, 07:20 PM
You want a fucking link? Read the last bill that they they put on the President's desk. :laugh2:

Yes and that last bill is going to finally get some of that negotiation, Bush is so un-known for.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:34 PM
You're just starting to complain now? We've had 4 years of the same old same old, just when were you going to get started getting it on?

Lil, I've been complaining about the way this war has been fought ever since they came up with the bright idea of keeping Iraq as a unified country.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes and that last bill is going to finally get some of that negotiation, Bush is so un-known for. So you can give loose the news that the libs are trying to micro manage the war, and have been through every back door channel for years.

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 10:30 PM
So you can give loose the news that the libs are trying to micro manage the war, and have been through every back door channel for years.

Glockster, the dems are just beginning to micromanage this war, as of not even quite yet.

The congress has two legit cards.

>Cut the budget (or fund the budget)

>declare war/authorize the prez to declare war (or not/revoke authorization)

Deal is that Bush doesn't have anywhere near enough constitutional authority to declare a war and fund it.

Congress has all of that.

Bush is the micro manager.

Congress is the macro manager.

Tho we all know Congress handed off 5 years ago.

Bush is the micro, Congress is the macro. Go to the end of the line Glock.

The congress is the decider.

Bush is the beaurocrat assigned to making it happen according to Congress' will.

Like a CEO operating among a board of directors. The CEO has broad powers to effect policy but only one vote in ten to decide policy.

OCA
05-04-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm reminded of a thread where someone (who can remain nameless) posted garbage for three or four pages but could never come up with the citations for the "proof" he supposedly had about Saddam being connected to 9/11 thru al-qaeda. I don't pay much attention to glocky unless he comes over the hill with a citation. You shouldn't either.

But everyone is paying attention that you ran and hid from a direct challenge!

I own you

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 10:53 PM
But everyone is paying attention that you ran and hid from a direct challenge!

I own you

Nobody pays any attention to you OCA, you are the board's village idiot.

Will you bark for a bisquit? Down boy, down. Roll over. Lick your balls.

Here's your treat
http://www.greatdogbakery.com/images/prods/greatdog-biscuits_big.jpg

lily
05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Lil, I've been complaining about the way this war has been fought ever since they came up with the bright idea of keeping Iraq as a unified country.

Complaining and blaming are two totally different things.

lily
05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
So you can give loose the news that the libs are trying to micro manage the war, and have been through every back door channel for years.

Huh?

Psychoblues
05-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Distinction without a difference is how that will be handled by the generally dense pukes, lily.

In the mean time, c'mon over to the Lounge and have a drink with me. You will find me in the Cinco De Mayo thread. And that goes for all you unidentified and identified readers as well. It's all on my tab so don't worry about the expense of it!!!!!!!

Have a great and gorgeous day!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
05-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Yes they are. Blaming is a typical liberal ploy, as they refuse to accept personal responsibility. Second, blaming presents no alternative solutions, instead mires both parties into a useless argument.

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes they are. Blaming is a typical liberal ploy, as they refuse to accept personal responsibility. Second, blaming presents no alternative solutions, instead mires both parties into a useless argument.

There is a time and place for blame. Like after a major fuck up in which the fuck epper won't cop to the fuck up.

In which case adult nations like Israel have an inquiry, assess the situation proffessionally and fire the bad managers.

That IS a solution to the problem.

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
There is a time and place for blame. Like after a major fuck up in which the fuck epper won't cop to the fuck up.

In which case adult nations like Israel have an inquiry, assess the situation proffessionally and fire the bad managers.

That IS a solution to the problem.

The only time I've ever seen a politician of any stripe admit to a mistake was while he was already in jail, trying to stay out of jail, or his polling suggested that copping to a mistake would help him win the next election.

Your solution would require the re-writing of the Constitution. Actually I would be more receptive to that idea than listening to people try to wring a confession out of a politician and whine when they dont' comply.

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 02:12 PM
The only time I've ever seen a politician of any stripe admit to a mistake was while he was already in jail, trying to stay out of jail, or his polling suggested that copping to a mistake would help him win the next election.

we could try torture

Your solution would require the re-writing of the Constitution.

No we actually did this with Clinton via Kenneth Starr.

And the const already has provisions for removing fuck ups.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 02:17 PM

hey you don't have a monopoly.......

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
hey you don't have a monopoly.......

No Israel does, and they said the PM, the lead general and somebody else fucked the dog, started a war without a plan and had unrealistic goals.

And failed.

Birdzeye
05-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Yes and that last bill is going to finally get some of that negotiation, Bush is so un-known for.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/spit.gif

manu1959
05-07-2007, 02:35 PM
No Israel does, and they said the PM, the lead general and somebody else fucked the dog, started a war without a plan and had unrealistic goals.

And failed.

is hezbolah still launching rockets at them?

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
we could try torture

No we actually did this with Clinton via Kenneth Starr.

And the const already has provisions for removing fuck ups.

THEN USE IT !!!!

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 05:39 PM
THEN USE IT !!!!

AMEN!!!

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
AMEN!!!

oh Wait--I get it---the Dems didn't get a big enough "mandate" so they're pissed at the congressional GOP for not helping impeach thier own party member !!! The great Democratic "victory" of 2006 ain't lookin so big anymore. :laugh2:

diuretic
05-07-2007, 07:41 PM
oh Wait--I get it---the Dems didn't get a big enough "mandate" so they're pissed at the congressional GOP for not helping impeach thier own party member !!! The great Democratic "victory" of 2006 ain't lookin so big anymore. :laugh2:

Tactics. The longer Bush is in the White House the more damage there is to the GOP. They'll let him keep on fumbling, watching the poll numbers going down, watching the GOP trying to disown the lame duck president grabbing their legs and taking them down with him. This is all about the 2008 presidential election. Tactics.

Dilloduck
05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Tactics. The longer Bush is in the White House the more damage there is to the GOP. They'll let him keep on fumbling, watching the poll numbers going down, watching the GOP trying to disown the lame duck president grabbing their legs and taking them down with him. This is all about the 2008 presidential election. Tactics.

Who is "they"? If you are referring to the Democrats, these tactic would hardly be a surprise to anyone. They might be more successful if they weren't so blatantly assisting and assuring his "failures".

lily
05-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes they are. Blaming is a typical liberal ploy, as they refuse to accept personal responsibility. .

If blaming is a typical liberal ploy and you are blaming them for refusing to accept personal responsibility.........does that mean that you are a Liberal?

glockmail
05-07-2007, 08:48 PM
If blaming is a typical liberal ploy and you are blaming them for refusing to accept personal responsibility.........does that mean that you are a Liberal?I'm not blaming them without cause. I'm pointing out their deficiency and suggesting a solution to their problem.

lily
05-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not blaming them without cause. I'm pointing out their deficiency and suggesting a solution to their problem.

Sorry, glockmail neither side's slate is clean in the blaming department.

loosecannon
05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm not blaming them without cause. I'm pointing out their deficiency and suggesting a solution to their problem.

And nobody has ever blamed Bush without cause either. Rumor has it he was born with his head up his ass and his mother's hair turned white during the delivery.

manu1959
05-07-2007, 08:55 PM
And nobody has ever blamed Bush without cause either. Rumor has it he was born with his head up his ass and his mother's hair turned white during the delivery.

really drove your point home with those facts.....

glockmail
05-07-2007, 09:00 PM
And nobody has ever blamed Bush without cause either. Rumor has it he was born with his head up his ass and his mother's hair turned white during the delivery. Thanks for demonstrating my point, as well as exhibiting a complete lack of class.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
What are WE waiting for.

. it is about time, and I agree

Doniston
05-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Liberals claim both Israli and US armies failures. It's uncanny.Actually,that's not true, We declare both the present GOVERNMENTS failures. The Militaries are just following orders

Dilloduck
05-08-2007, 02:21 PM
it is about time, and I agree

Americans have been demanding more from thier leaders for decades. When they don't produce for enough people they are not re-elected. What's so immature about that?

diuretic
05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Who is "they"? If you are referring to the Democrats, these tactic would hardly be a surprise to anyone. They might be more successful if they weren't so blatantly assisting and assuring his "failures".

Yes I meant the Democratic Party.

Baron Von Esslingen
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM

I dunno. Hair looks white to me.... must be true.

http://www.nndb.com/people/007/000022938/CIA-barbara-bush.gif

Doniston
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
oh Wait--I get it---the Dems didn't get a big enough "mandate" so they're pissed at the congressional GOP for not helping impeach thier own party member !!! The great Democratic "victory" of 2006 ain't lookin so big anymore. :laugh2: did I miss something? when was there an attempt to impeach Bush? or are you just talking out your ear???

wait a minute. Should have put an R in front of that ear.

Dilloduck
05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
did I miss something? when was there an attempt to impeach Bush? or are you just talking out your ear???

wait a minute. Should have put an R in front of that ear.

Quit being such a whiney ass and bitch at the Dems for not starting impeachment hearings. You think it might because they can't find a legal reason to do so or is it they know full well that they don't HAVE the big mandate (or even enough votes) to succeed ?

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 07:37 PM

OK... it's not your fault things are fucked up in Iraq.... but please... tell us how you've HELPED?

Would that be dingy harry proudly proclaiming "we've lost the war?"

Or maybe miss I hate the military calicommie pelosi passing bills with a madatory RETREAT built in?

Or maybe shit for brains murtha falsely accusing our troops of being rapists and murderers?

You tell me.....

Hugh Lincoln
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM

Indeed! We pay for Israel's very existence, and if we didn't, there would be hell to pay and charges of anti-Semitism. I think bandits is more like it.