PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!! Got shots in both arms today!

SassyLady
11-02-2010, 04:01 AM
Went to doctor today for annual physical ... and along with all the usual poking and prodding I ended up walking out of there with a bandaid on both shoulders.

I was advised that there is a whooping cough epidemic in CA and I should have my tetanus booster shot because it had been over 10 years since the last one. OK .... always thought a tetanus shot was to protect against lockjaw contracted from rusty nails...didn't know it had anything to do with whooping cough.

And, I've never had a flu shot and I CANNOT remember the last upper respiratory infection I've had .... just don't get them. Well, I got the shot and if it makes me sick, so help me, I will go cough all over that doctor!

Bottom line is that I'm basically in good health but I need to exercise more. She's been telling me that forever!

So, what do you guys do for exercise?

Kathianne
11-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Went to doctor today for annual physical ... and along with all the usual poking and prodding I ended up walking out of there with a bandaid on both shoulders.

I was advised that there is a whooping cough epidemic in CA and I should have my tetanus booster shot because it had been over 10 years since the last one. OK .... always thought a tetanus shot was to protect against lockjaw contracted from rusty nails...didn't know it had anything to do with whooping cough.

And, I've never had a flu shot and I CANNOT remember the last upper respiratory infection I've had .... just don't get them. Well, I got the shot and if it makes me sick, so help me, I will go cough all over that doctor!

Bottom line is that I'm basically in good health but I need to exercise more. She's been telling me that forever!

I hope your arms feel better by this evening. :(

My son said the flu shot hurt. He saves $15 per month on his insurance by taking a mini-physical and the flu shot at work. He saves and additional $30 per month by not smoking.

SassyLady
11-02-2010, 06:12 AM
I just hope they aren't too sore to take all the skill tests I have to take tomorrow for a job interview. And that the flu shot doesn't make me too sick to participate in everything.

Jeff
11-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Chasing my kids around is about all the exercise I get now a days and if ya want me to ship them to you I will be happy to do so, LOL

How about going to pick up the wife from work and coming out with 2 band aids on, LOL , seems the same things are being pushed here in GA also and the wife made sure I got them, OUCH , LOL

Jeff
11-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I just hope they aren't too sore to take all the skill tests I have to take tomorrow for a job interview. And that the flu shot doesn't make me too sick to participate in everything.

Let me see if I get this right, the wife told me it is no longer a live virus so ya shouldn't get sick as for the pain I had both shots and never thought about it again after pulling the band aid off ( now that hurt) LOL

Mr. P
11-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I haven't had a Flu shot since 1976..It never did make me ill or hurt. Tetanus on the other hand doesn't hurt but the next day I always ache all over like I have the flu...go figure.

Trinity
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
well I know when my boy's got their shots when they were younger it was called DTP vaccination.... Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis.... Pertussis is whooping cough funny thing my kids were always up to date on their shots but my youngest ended up with whooping cough when he was 2 not from the vaccine either.