PDA

View Full Version : TV Producers in Miller recording are out

SassyLady
11-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow...that was fast!

2 TV producers involved in Miller recording gone
<!--
-->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FormatDate("2010/11/02"); </SCRIPT>Tuesday, November 2, 2010 <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
<!-- -->
ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Two TV producers involved in a phone recording that Sarah Palin claimed showed media bias against Republican Senate hopeful Joe Miller are "no longer with" the Alaska station.
KTVA-TV general manager Jerry Bever said an internal investigation showed the recording left accidentally on the phone of Miller's spokesman involved how a Miller rally headlined by Palin might be promoted.
Bever said the "ensuing dialogue went downhill from there."
He couldn't immediately be reached to say if the producers had been fired.
Bever earlier said the discussion centered on "what if" scenarios for covering the rally last week and that the recording's contents had been taken out of context.
Miller's camp claimed that station staff were discussing making up stories about Miller.
Miller spokesman Randy DeSoto says "KTVA has taken a first step in restoring the public's trust."
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/ap/november/168791/2-TV-producers-involved-in-Miller-recording-gone

red states rule
11-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Wow...that was fast!

2 new reporters were just hired by MSNBC to cover the House

SassyLady
11-03-2010, 01:44 AM
2 new reporters were just hired by MSNBC to cover the House

Hilarious!!! :laugh2:

red states rule
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Hilarious!!! :laugh2:

It may happen. Look at Dave Weigel. He was fired from the Washington Post for his blogs about Republicans (and he covered them for the paper)and MSNBC gave him a TV show

NightTrain
11-03-2010, 03:34 AM
KTVA is a joke, this is the first bit of recognition they've received in 20 years and this was certainly unwelcome attention - and on an international level, no less! :laugh2:

I figured someone's head would roll, I didn't think it would happen that fast though.

Who watches CBS, anyway?

red states rule
11-03-2010, 03:39 AM
KTVA is a joke, this is the first bit of recognition they've received in 20 years and this was certainly unwelcome attention - and on an international level, no less! :laugh2:

I figured someone's head would roll, I didn't think it would happen that fast though.

Who watches CBS, anyway?

Not alot among the "Big 3"

NBC's "Nightly News" topped the evening newscasts with an average of 8.1 million viewers (5.3, 11). ABC's "World News" was second with 7.4 million (5.0, 10) and the "CBS Evening News" had 5.5 million viewers (3.7, 7).

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jYnyQ4YyZSDXlbyyymWnWOkjCyEw?docId=85e97276a 72e4072b60606679ebb36ff