PDA

View Full Version : How To Repeal Health Care

Kathianne
11-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Link at site:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-levin/how-to-defund-obamacare/449971410945

How to defund Obamacare
by Mark Levin on Wednesday, November 3, 2010 at 3:43pm

How to defund Obamacare. You read it here first.

Set forth in this article:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMp1011213

which is supportive of Obamacare, is the strategy for defunding Obamcare.

The relevant part:

Repeal of the ACA before 2013is unlikely. Both houses of Congress would have to enact repeal legislation, which President Barack Obama would surely veto. Then,two thirds of both houses would have to vote to override that veto. After 2012, however, repeal could occur if Republicans win the White House and both houses of Congress and stick by their pledge.

KarlMarx
11-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Since I can't get to facebook from work (it's been deemed too dangerous).... since they can't repeal Obamacare outright, they just won't fund it...

I wonder what the consequences of that are? Does that mean that portions of Obamacare which mandate insurance companies take on clients with pre-existing conditions, etc. will still apply?

Kathianne
11-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Since I can't get to facebook from work (it's been deemed too dangerous).... since they can't repeal Obamacare outright, they just won't fund it...

I wonder what the consequences of that are? Does that mean that portions of Obamacare which mandate insurance companies take on clients with pre-existing conditions, etc. will still apply?

Bottom line is that Conservatives would need a veto proof majority in Congress for the 2012 election cycle to actually repeal it.

Mr. P
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM

I think the insurance companies think so. My daughter has a basic health care policy with a $3000 deductible. She'll be 23 next month, in good health, but just received notice her monthly premium will increase 30% Jan 1. They gotta collect the bucks to pay for those pre-existing folks coming.

Little-Acorn
11-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Bottom line is that Conservatives would need a veto proof majority in Congress for the 2012 election cycle to actually repeal it.

Not at all.

They just need a Republican President.

Or even a sensible Supreme Court ruling, pointing out that Obamacare (or at least the you-must-buy-it mandate) is unconstitutional.

LiberalNation
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Repub prez. Little early to be predicting 2012. Healthcare will stay.