PDA

View Full Version : Proof that so called "conservatives" are really just Bush Republicans

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Since Bush has left office we've heard from the conservatives how he isn't really a conservative, and how the Republican party has started to not embody the ideals of conservatism - namely, fiscal conservatism.

So why - when presented with the opportunity to choose between a Libertarian candidate, a Reform candidate, and a Republican candidate (as well as the Democratic candidate and numerous independents) - do they choose Republican?

http://electionresults.sos.louisiana.gov/graphical/

The Libertarian candidate received 1% of the vote in Louisiana, the reform candidate didn't even register above 0% after rounding off - while diaper fetish whoremonger Vitter got 57%

This is why when I hear so called conservatives complaining that "both parties" have been screwing America, I know its a load of hogwash.

fj1200
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Since Bush has left office we've heard from the conservatives how he isn't really a conservative, and how the Republican party has started to not embody the ideals of conservatism - namely, fiscal conservatism.

So why - when presented with the opportunity to choose between a Libertarian candidate, a Reform candidate, and a Republican candidate (as well as the Democratic candidate and numerous independents) - do they choose Republican?

The Libertarian candidate received 1% of the vote in Louisiana, the reform candidate didn't even register above 0% after rounding off - while diaper fetish whoremonger Vitter got 57%

This is why when I hear so called conservatives complaining that "both parties" have been screwing America, I know its a load of hogwash.

Thanks for the link. Did I read that right? 5 out of 6 Representatives in LA are Republican? Sweet.

BTW, it might be helpful if you tell everyone how he is a "Bush Republican" and NOT a "fiscal conservative."

EDIT: But the partisan attack is pretty cool. Makes you seem intelligent. :laugh:

darin
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
marketing. That's most of it. I think most folks who call themselves 'conservatives' would very-closely align with libertarians.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the link. Did I read that right? 5 out of 6 Representatives in LA are Republican? Sweet.

BTW, it might be helpful if you tell everyone how he is a "Bush Republican" and NOT a "fiscal conservative."

He voted with the Republican party 95% of the time while requesting hundreds of millions of dollars of pork.

marketing. That's most of it. I think most folks who call themselves 'conservatives' would very-closely align with libertarians.

Right - "very closely align" - but not vote for them.

The essential difference between conservatives and Republicans is this: Republicans run for office - conservatives vote for Republicans running for office.

fj1200
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
He voted with the Republican party 95% of the time.

I assume he has positions that he ran on.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I assume he has positions that he ran on.

What about his record in the Senate? The right likes to complain about Landrieu being an earmark whore - but it would appear she isn't that much worse than Vitter!

Louisiana did well, too. Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu took in the third-most joint and solo earmarks, bringing home $332 million for local projects. Her Republican colleague, Sen. David Vitter, pulled down the fifth-most at $249 million.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/02/red-states-gobble-up-omni_n_171186.html

fj1200
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
The essential difference between liberals and Democrats is this: Democrats run for office - liberals vote for Democrats running for office.

See what I did up there?

But congratulations, you've identified the purpose of a political party; get people elected.

What about his record in the Senate? The right likes to complain about Landrieu being an earmark whore - but it would appear she isn't that much worse than Vitter!

Yup, earmarks are bad because they are a symbol of elected officials using tax revenues as a never-ending source of cash to bring home to their constituents. But you've just identified Landrieu as worse than Vitter which includes a touch of hypocrisy seeing as how BO campaigned against them as well, iirc.

Noir
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Right - "very closely align" - but not vote for them.

Exactly, the difference being that between economic conservatism and social conservatism. (and how social conservatism for example abortions, gay marriage etc, are in conflict with social libaterianism) which will likey lose libatarians allot of votes.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM
See what I did up there?
Yeah. You just took my statement and replaced the word "Republican" with "Democrat" and "conservative" with "liberal"

Yup, earmarks are bad because they are a symbol of elected officials using tax revenues as a never-ending source of cash to bring home to their constituents. But you've just identified Landrieu as worse than Vitter which includes a touch of hypocrisy seeing as how BO campaigned against them as well, iirc.

So because Landrieu isn't as fiscally conservative as Vitter, it makes Vitter a better fiscal conservative than the Libertarian candidate, and to claim otherwise would be hypocrisy.

Got it.

fj1200
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah. You just took my statement and replaced the word "Republican" with "Democrat" and "conservative" with "liberal"

Very observant. It does, however, make your original statement a bit ridiculous.

So because Landrieu isn't as fiscally conservative as Vitter, it makes Vitter a better fiscal conservative than the Libertarian candidate, and to claim otherwise would be hypocrisy.

Got it.

No. You've not outlined the differences between Vitter and the other candidates.

NightTrain
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM

He's growing up so fast! (sniff)

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 11:04 AM
No. You've not outlined the differences between Vitter and the other candidates.

Vitter is a Republican, Hayes is a Libertarian.

fj1200
11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Vitter is a Republican, Hayes is a Libertarian.

Thank you. It's all so clear now.

:420:

OK, now it is.

SpidermanTUba
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you. It's all so clear now.

:420:

OK, now it is.

Which party is more fiscally conservative - Republicans or Libertarians?

fj1200
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Which party is more fiscally conservative - Republicans or Libertarians?

You haven't shown that Vitter is NOT fiscally conservative.

You also choose to show a narrow example of one state and ignore other less "fiscally conservative" Republicans that have lost in primaries where, I would argue, the real change needs to occur. Bennett in UT, Murkowski in AK (although the write-in might be working), etc.

Trigg
11-05-2010, 09:48 AM

libertarians are EXTREMELY conservative. People are wary of voting for them and splitting the conservative vote, which of course would mean a win for the democrate every time.

I think one of the great things about the teap party movement were all the people that ran for office. True conservatives, not people like McCain who sit in the middle.