PDA

View Full Version : Wow

jimnyc
11-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Posting yhis from my sons itouch while he is in karate class. I cant believe ppl use phomes to see the internet let alone type from these things

Trinity
11-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Posting yhis from my sons itouch while he is in karate class. I cant believe ppl use phomes to see the internet let alone type from these things

watch those letters the keyboard is much smaller....lol.....;)

Noir
11-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Pffff, old foggies =P

99% of my posts here are from my iPhone, you get use to it, though it does make formatting posts with mult-quotes etc a lil cumbersome.

BoogyMan
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Pffff, old foggies =P

99% of my posts here are from my iPhone, you get use to it, though it does make formatting posts with mult-quotes etc a lil cumbersome.

I post a lot from my Droid X, I totally love the phone and when I fat finger a word the software usually fixes it.

I am one of the old fogies, but I like my Droid! :)

hjmick
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I've been known to post from my iPhone from time to time. It's especially convenient when just waiting around somewhere...

Jeff
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Noir u are my hero, lol other than ya reminded me I am a old fogie lol, I have tried it from my phone a few times and usally quit before I even think of responding, but Noir is exactly right my kids zip threw things on the phone like they had a 21 inch monitor in front of them , LOL , well I may be a old fogie but I made it :laugh2:

KarlMarx
11-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Pffff, old foggies =P

I remember when a phone had a rotary dial and made a ringy dingy sound when someone called you

I remember when you had to call an operator to make a long distance call

of course, when I was young the Dead Sea only had the flu

SassyLady
11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember when a phone had a rotary dial and made a ringy dingy sound when someone called you

I remember all these things also .... and I also remember when we only had three channels on the tv and our phone was a party line.

KarlMarx
11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I remember all these things also .... and I also remember when we only had three channels on the tv and our phone was a party line.
Yes, I remember that too... I remember when PBS came along, then we had 4 channels...

I also remember when a tweet was something that a bird did

Noir
11-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Bloomin heck :laugh:

As a semi-related 'sign if the times' my wee brother (six) was asking me about bees the other day, and when I had exaused my knowledge on them (rather quickly) he suggested I google them and go back to him when I know more, lol.

MtnBiker
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Pffff, old foggies =P

Hilarous!

KarlMarx
11-05-2010, 04:55 AM

As a semi-related 'sign if the times' my wee brother (six) was asking me about bees the other day, and when I had exaused my knowledge on them (rather quickly) he suggested I google them and go back to him when I know more, lol.
Oh man... I forgot about book reports.... and having to go to the library to look things up...

libraries had things called "card catalogues" that were filing cabinets full of 3x5 inch cards with the name, title, etc of every book in the library...

I also remember that a friend of the family bought a set of encyclopedias for their kids (a sizable investment in those days, perhaps 500 or more dollars, which was a lot more than it is now). and how envious I was... each time we went to visit... I'd head straight for them

Trinity
11-05-2010, 06:55 AM

:laugh:

CSM
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Boy, do I remember! I also remember that to get someplace in a car you had a map. I remember milk being delivered to your home in bottles; and seeing the cream on top separated from the milk. I remember when the computer was not even heard of andminiature vacuum tubes were the latest and greatest technological development. I even remember when kids went outside to play with their friends.

Abbey Marie
11-06-2010, 12:57 PM

:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
11-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Just think how hard it is going to be for this generation to give up their mobile internet browsing, FB'ing, etc., when their eyes get to be middle-aged.

Noir
11-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Just think how hard it is going to be for this generation to give up their mobile internet browsing, FB'ing, etc., when their eyes get to be middle-aged.

Eyes will be bionic by the time I'm in my 50s so no worries ^_^

Abbey Marie
11-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Eyes will be bionic by the time I'm in my 50s so no worries ^_^

Awesome thought- but there goes the whole "window to the soul" thing. :coffee:

Noir
11-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Awesome thought- but there goes the whole "window to the soul" thing. :coffee:

I don't think they'll look any different, just nano-machine enhanced.

Little-Acorn
11-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember when gay meant happy.

KitchenKitten99
11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I post a lot from my Droid X, I totally love the phone and when I fat finger a word the software usually fixes it.

I am one of the old fogies, but I like my Droid! :)

I just got the Droid 2 cuz I hate touch-screen typing. I hate having to make sure I hit just center on the letter to get the words correct. I tried the Droid X while looking at them but I still spent more time correcting my message than actually typing it on the "keyboard". It responds better than the iPhone, but I prefer a regular keyboard. I like the touch screen for everything else though. Plus the Droid X was just a bit too big to be practical for me.

Binky
11-13-2010, 09:26 AM

And I not only remember that, but also going outside and roller skating, ice skating and sledding. Now days, people have to have a $10, 000 snowmobile, jet ski, some fancy entertainment system, or a huge amount of cash tied up in a game system to have a good time. Not many just get outdoors and enjoy the skating, etc. like we did when I was a kid... Now it's all about keeping up with everyone else and having the best crapola to entertain yourself with...

What the hell ever happened to just sitting and reading a great book?