PDA

View Full Version : Dubya: Palin not worthy of White House

gabosaurus
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Whoops, didn't see this one coming:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/11/05/2010-11-05_dubyas_deepest_thoughts_former_prez_happy_to_be _out_of_dc_memoirs_say.html

Little-Acorn
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know little gabby is scraping the bottom of the barrel in her desperation and rage, when she cites George W. Bush as a reference who should be believed and followed!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trigg
11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Now their quoting "unnamed sources" and "close friends", no actual names or anything.

Geez gabby you'll fall for anything.

Remember back when you swore Palin's baby Trigg was actually Bristol's????

Maybe you should stay out of the sun for awhile.

gabosaurus
11-05-2010, 12:23 PM
You mean you don't believe the NY Daily News, one of the anchors of the conservative media? What is the world coming to?
Dubya reportedly knocks both McCain and Palin in his upcoming book. Which should be a real laugher to read.

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/11/05/2010-11-05_dubyas_deepest_thoughts_former_prez_happy_to_be _out_of_dc_memoirs_say.html

I wonder if he gets the irony in his statement.

Kathianne
11-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Now their quoting "unnamed sources" and "close friends", no actual names or anything.

Geez gabby you'll fall for anything.

Remember back when you swore Palin's baby Trigg was actually Bristol's????

Maybe you should stay out of the sun for awhile.

I agree. I think my own feelings about Palin have been clear, yet I consider Bush definitely part of the Republican 'political class' which brought big spending to points unseen, until Obama.

I agree with much of the conservative values Palin espouses, I just do not trust her motives. If I leaned left, I'd say the same about Obama, he's just not out for anyone but himself.

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-05-2010, 06:26 PM

Is this the same George W Bush that pushed for amnesty for all Illegals?The same GB who Signed more Liberal Spending bills Then any other Republican in history? Jeez you're grasping for straw with this one :rolleyes: Bush was the Poster boy for a being A Rino :bsflag:

jimnyc
11-05-2010, 06:35 PM
You mean you don't believe the NY Daily News, one of the anchors of the conservative media?

Do you just make this shit up? It's owned by Mortimer Zuckerman, a big player here in NY, who also frequents liberal pundits on air and donates his $$ to Democrats.

darin
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
This just in:

a Californian person familiar with gabby's thinking confirms her head is firmly implanted into her rectum.

DragonStryk72
11-05-2010, 11:57 PM
You mean you don't believe the NY Daily News, one of the anchors of the conservative media? What is the world coming to?
Dubya reportedly knocks both McCain and Palin in his upcoming book. Which should be a real laugher to read.

Even if he did say it, Bush is a moron, so clearly that throws weight behind the pro-Palin camp, unless you're going to support bush now?

gabosaurus
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
This just in:

a Californian person familiar with gabby's thinking confirms her head is firmly implanted into her rectum.

That would then make two of us who were assholes. Only yours would be the greasy one. :)

Do you just make this shit up? It's owned by Mortimer Zuckerman, a big player here in NY, who also frequents liberal pundits on air and donates his $$ to Democrats.

Are you totally clueless? The NY Daily News is one of the nation's most conservatives newspapers.
Of course, you would need reading skills to figure out what a newspaper says. You can't count on Fox News for everything.

SassyLady
11-06-2010, 01:26 AM

OK Gabby ... correct me if I'm wrong, or maybe I'm just tired tonight, but I don't see where the author interviewed Bush and he stated anything about Palin. Sounds like heresay to me. The article says:

The 43rd President has told friends the ex-Alaska governor isn't qualified to be President and criticizes Arizona Sen. John McCain (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/John+McCain) for putting Palin on the 2008 GOP (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/U.S.+Republican+Party) ticket and handing her a national platform.
"Naming Palin makes Bush think less of McCain as a man," a Republican official familiar with Bush's thinking told the Daily News.

So, it wasn't a direct quote from President Bush .... when you find the direct quote ... let me know.

LuvRPgrl
11-06-2010, 02:20 AM
That would then make two of us who were assholes. Only yours would be the greasy one. :)

Are you totally clueless? The NY Daily News is one of the nation's most conservatives newspapers.
Of course, you would need reading skills to figure out what a newspaper says. You can't count on Fox News for everything.

As usual, you point to information that may be correct, but doesnt actually apply. The leaning of the paper is meaningless, its the political leaning of the writer that matters. ANd T Defrank is certainly well implanted on the liberal side.

Once again gabs, your propaganda doesnt pass the mustard.

NightTrain
11-06-2010, 03:08 AM
So, it wasn't a direct quote from President Bush .... when you find the direct quote ... let me know.

In all fairness, MKP :

You have to remember that, as an upper tier university, Cal is very selective and very expensive. You can't be stupid and get into Cal. It is only for elite students.
I attended Cal on an academic scholarship. I got two degrees there.

I, for one, am going to have to defer to my betters! [/factual sarcasm (wtf?)]

red states rule
11-06-2010, 08:18 AM

My Gabby now YOU care what Pres Bush MAY have said? This election must have really bummed you out girl

Of course when polls show Pres Bush getting higher approval numbers the Obama - I can understand your desperation and sadness

Here is one of the better Obama bumber stickers I have seen - hope it cheers you up Gabby

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/169772.JPG

jimnyc
11-06-2010, 08:29 AM

PROVE how it's a conservative paper. You're looking very foolish with this one. EVERYONE here in NY knows it's a Democrat running the paper, visiting liberal pundits and donating in every election to Democrats. He also writes for the paper. Zuckerman himself claims to have written one of Obama's speeches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortimer_Zuckerman

We have proof that the OWNER is in the tank for Dems. I'll start with just that. Now YOU show us proof that it's a "conservative" newspaper.

Don't be a little bitch as usual and run from threads when they get tough for you to respond to, provide us with PROOF to backup your statements. Well, provide it for others who will then see you just guess at bullshit. Those of use who actually live here in NY and have read the paper for over 30 years and actually see the politics involved in the papers here - well, we already know you have no idea what you're talking about.

I suppose next you'll be telling us that the NY Times and WSJ are conservative too!! LOL

jimnyc
11-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Here is "boycottliberalism.com" adding the NY Daily News to their list. And no, I found this site via a search and have never visited it before and won't again. Just showing more proof that the NYDN is seen as a liberal rag.

http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Liberal-newspapers.htm

Also, the NYDN endorsed Obama for President. Not exactly what a "bedrock" of conservatism newspaper would normally do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2008/10/18/2008-10-18_daily_news_endorses_obama_for_president_-4.html

Call it centrist, call them fair - but if the paper is owned by someone who visits and donates to liberals, and they endorsed our latest Democrat president - only a liberal loon from Cali would call that paper conservative.

bullypulpit
11-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Hah! Even the stopped clock that Dubbyuh is, is right twice a day. :laugh2:

SassyLady
11-06-2010, 02:29 PM
In all fairness, MKP :

So, I guess my degree from USF doesn't compare to Miss Gabs?

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-06-2010, 03:21 PM

So You like it dry? KINKY

Kathianne
11-06-2010, 06:49 PM
In all fairness, MKP :

I love that Gabby is playing elitist university. I believe Little Acorn went to MIT, #7 or Carnegie Mellon? I went to U of C, which I do believe is ranked higher than Cal Tech or UC Berkeley, by about 11 spots?

NightTrain and many others here, have degrees in technical fields, which seem just a tad more involved than history, social work, or other liberal arts. Yes Gabby, a few even have their masters, you aren't the only one. More than a few have their law degree. Nope, you aren't the only educated one in any parts.

Stop being a pompous ass, pieces of paper do not make you smart or even accomplished. Obviously they do not demonstrate gracious behavior, though I will say you are in a class of your own on that tack.

Noir
11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe he did say it, maybe he didn't, meh.

I did however see him publicly asked the other day about why he hadn't commented on Obamas presidency (I couldn't find the clip on YouTube) and he basically said that he lived and breathed politics for years and wanted to leave it in the past and that Obama had enough on his plate without him starting to complain about him.

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Maybe he did say it, maybe he didn't, meh.

I did however see him publicly asked the other day about why he hadn't commented on Obamas presidency (I couldn't find the clip on YouTube) and he basically said that he lived and breathed politics for years and wanted to leave it in the past and that Obama had enough on his plate without him starting to complain about him.

Perhaps he's showing compassion for Obama, because he knows what it's like to be president.

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 12:56 AM
I love that Gabby is playing elitist university. I believe Little Acorn went to MIT, #7 or Carnegie Mellon? I went to U of C, which I do believe is ranked higher than Cal Tech or UC Berkeley, by about 11 spots?

NightTrain and many others here, have degrees in technical fields, which seem just a tad more involved than history, social work, or other liberal arts. Yes Gabby, a few even have their masters, you aren't the only one. More than a few have their law degree. Nope, you aren't the only educated one in any parts.

Stop being a pompous ass, pieces of paper do not make you smart or even accomplished. Obviously they do not demonstrate gracious behavior, though I will say you are in a class of your own on that tack.

Well, my university is certainly not on the elite list ... it's just a simple Jesuit university with a great business school.

Kathianne
11-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Well, my university is certainly not on the elite list ... it's just a simple Jesuit university with a great business school.

I've never met Jesuits that didn't give a top-notch education. I think that touting schools, degrees, IQ just ego gratification. If it's to say something related, that's one thing. To just throw it out as it appears that Gabby did, it's all ego and just reflects on her personally, not whomever it was she attempted to 'hit.'

NightTrain
11-07-2010, 10:08 AM
So, I guess my degree from USF doesn't compare to Miss Gabs?

I was being sarcastic, MKP, and should have been clearer... was just pointing out the smug "elite" bullshit she loves to spout while pounding herself on the back.

You're head and shoulders above her on every level. And you have fantastic legs, too :thumb:

krisy
11-07-2010, 10:18 AM
So You like it dry? KINKY

:laugh::2up:

I just about spit my tea all over on that one!

krisy
11-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I really want to read Bush's book,hopefully i will get it soon. i know a lot of people are upset with him,and I didnt agree with direction he took the second term. that being said,i agreed with a lot he did and thought he provided great leadership that made me feel safe. He is a sight for these soar eyes:salute:

Kathianne
11-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I was being sarcastic, MKP, and should have been clearer... was just pointing out the smug "elite" bullshit she loves to spout while pounding herself on the back.

You're head and shoulders above her on every level. And you have fantastic legs, too :thumb:

That is what I was trying to say too. Well not about her legs, I didn't notice, well I wouldn't. I'm sure they are fine and they work. ;)

Noir
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Perhaps he's showing compassion for Obama, because he knows what it's like to be president.

That's exactly how it came across, while I can't quote word for word, a pretty accurate reconstruction would be 'Look, Obama has got allot on his plate. Trust me, I know. The last thing he needs is an ex president getting on his back.'

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Sometimes it's so hard to find someone who actually loves my legs instead of my mind!!! Thanks for looking past the obvious! :laugh:

:thanks::thanks:

NightTrain
11-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Don't be a little bitch as usual and run from threads when they get tough for you to respond to

Too late.

Indy
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Is this the same George W Bush that pushed for amnesty for all Illegals?The same GB who Signed more Liberal Spending bills Then any other Republican in history? Jeez you're grasping for straw with this one :rolleyes: Bush was the Poster boy for a being A Rino :bsflag:
Other than the war, Bush was the best friend liberals ever had.:laugh:

LuvRPgrl
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Other than the war, Bush was the best friend liberals ever had.:laugh:

UMMM, ;he did cut taxes and appointed a few SC judges, and there is more, much more, alot of it goes under the radar, he appoints ALOT of justices in federal courts for example

LuvRPgrl
11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by gabosaurus
You have to remember that, as an upper tier university, Cal is very selective and very expensive. You can't be stupid and get into Cal. It is only for elite students.

DID I MISS THIS? WAS THIS POST TAKEN DOWN? I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO FIND IT.

ANYWAYS, people might enter the school smart, but they sure are alot of them that are stupid when they leave.

Noir
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by gabosaurus

Oh well, my estimations of Gabby just went waaaaay down.

gabosaurus
11-09-2010, 03:01 PM
How funny are all of you? Extremely funny!
The LA Times and the NY Times are owned by one of the most conservative companies in the country. Are they conservative? Same with the Chicago Tribune.
Read the NY Daily News. They are not quite as conservative as the NY Post, but they are definitely on that side of the tracks. Like I said before, though, you have to be able to read and comprehend what is on the page. You can't just roll the beer gut onto the couch, see a negative someplace and belch out "Fucking liberal media! Dayum!"

I have no apologies about being educated. There are a lot of highly educated and intellectual members of this board. There are also a sizable lot that are ... not. None of this crapfire "I have a degree in life dammit!" It doesn't wash.
ConReps are against the education system because stupid people are easier to brainwash. The talking heads at Fox News and conservative radio can spew out the talking points en masse and the yokels will eventually pick it up. Then they don't have to think.

Sure, Dubya was liberal. I am sure Reagan was liberal to some. Islamic radicals are extremely conservative. They want values from thousands of years ago adhered to and enforced. I am guessing the teabaggers are moving in that direction.
Islamic radicals and extreme right wingers are alike in many ways. They don't like education, they react strongly to criticism and want everyone to think the exact same way. Under threats of violence.

people might enter the school smart, but they sure are alot of them that are stupid when they leave.

And others have been stupid all along. They prefer it that way. Read selected posts in this forum and this will be proven to you.

jimnyc
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Read the NY Daily News. They are not quite as conservative as the NY Post, but they are definitely on that side of the tracks. Like I said before, though, you have to be able to read and comprehend what is on the page. You can't just roll the beer gut onto the couch, see a negative someplace and belch out "Fucking liberal media! Dayum!"

Can't debate the facts I stated so you resort to lies and rhetoric. What else is new. And I never stated how liberal or conservative they may be - it was YOU who stated it was a "bedrock of conservatism" - which couldn't be further from the truth. With an owner who tosses his money to liberals, writes his liberal ideals for the paper & the paper itself endorses a Democrat candidate - it kind of makes ALL of your statements look like they came from a shitty liberal college grad in Cali. If all you have is the rhetoric and nothing to combat the FACTS I linked to for all to see - you lose - again.

jimnyc
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
And others have been stupid all along. They prefer it that way. Read selected posts in this forum and this will be proven to you.

I agree, NT gathered a nice list for us right here:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?29614-People-can-think-like-Nazis-and-not-even-know-it&p=447414#post447414

red states rule
11-09-2010, 06:26 PM
The LA Times and the NY Times are owned by one of the most conservative companies in the country. Are they conservative? Same with the Chicago Tribune.

I have no apologies about being educated. There are a lot of highly educated and intellectual members of this board. There are also a sizable lot that are ... not. None of this crapfire "I have a degree in life dammit!" It doesn't wash.
ConReps are against the education system because stupid people are easier to brainwash. The talking heads at Fox News and conservative radio can spew out the talking points en masse and the yokels will eventually pick it up. Then they don't have to think.

Sure, Dubya was liberal. I am sure Reagan was liberal to some. Islamic radicals are extremely conservative. They want values from thousands of years ago adhered to and enforced. I am guessing the teabaggers are moving in that direction.
Islamic radicals and extreme right wingers are alike in many ways. They don't like education, they react strongly to criticism and want everyone to think the exact same way. Under threats of violence.

Tell me gabby what "hate" does Fox Nees and Rush "sprew" out? Have they stated on the air they would vote 10 times in an election if they could to keep the bastard Republicans from winning an election? Do they say they would love to rip out VP Cheney's heart out his chest and use it as a football to push Obamacre? Do they tell their listerns they look forward to the day they can send a black wreath of flowers to Dick Cheney's funeral?

All of the above quotes came from liberal talk show hosts

Or do you consider those statements examples of liberal tolerance?

I would bet money you have never watched Fox News of listened to Rush on the radio. You go by what your liberal friends sppon feed you and run with it

gabosaurus
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Can't debate the facts I stated so you resort to lies and rhetoric..

You see, this is what I am talking about. You stated no facts whatsoever. Just some things that you believe are facts. You are so stuck in your mindset that you don't give credence to any type of opposing thoughts. Jim, I like you you, I respect you, I think you are a nice guy. But you are totally clueless on many things. You can't accept that some of your ideas are not correct. I am really glad that you have someone there to take care of you. I can't how you would make it on your own.

red states rule
11-09-2010, 06:37 PM
You see, this is what I am talking about. You stated no facts whatsoever. Just some things that you believe are facts. You are so stuck in your mindset that you don't give credence to any type of opposing thoughts. Jim, I like you you, I respect you, I think you are a nice guy. But you are totally clueless on many things. You can't accept that some of your ideas are not correct. I am really glad that you have someone there to take care of you. I can't how you would make it on your own.

Why use your superior intellect and in a debate explain why your views are the correct views?

jimnyc
11-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Giving you proof that the owner of the NYDN donated to liberals wouldn't be proof? Showing that this liberal writes for the paper isn't proof? Showing the actual article written when the paper endorsed Obama for president isn't proof? I gave you actual data, which IS proof, and you've yet to give anything at all to show that the NYDN is a conservative paper. Are you too stupid to even read what I wrote or follow the thread? How does the information I gave about who they endorsed and about Zuckerman not qualify as proof? And you talk about me being clueless - it was YOU who made the statement about the paper, and YOU haven't given any proof yet other than your very off base opinion. Some of us LIVE with the paper daily and know its history and current make up.

NightTrain
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Why use your superior intellect and in a debate explain why your views are the correct views?

Well, considering :

I think that means that we're in the presence of great intellect and Gabby doesn't need to prove herself or her incredibly complex and advanced ideas to the uneducated masses here at DP anymore.

red states rule
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, considering :

I think that means that we're in the presence of great intellect and Gabby doesn't need to prove herself or her incredibly complex and advanced ideas to the uneducated masses here at DP anymore.

Valid point

Of course the more obvious reason is liberalism is not built on facts, logic, reason, and human nature. It is built on emotion and what is best for the common good

Liberals can never defend that basic foundation of liberism in the arena of ideas

NightTrain
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Giving you proof that the owner of the NYDN donated to liberals wouldn't be proof? Showing that this liberal writes for the paper isn't proof? Showing the actual article written when the paper endorsed Obama for president isn't proof? I gave you actual data, which IS proof, and you've yet to give anything at all to show that the NYDN is a conservative paper. Are you too stupid to even read what I wrote or follow the thread? How does the information I gave about who they endorsed and about Zuckerman not qualify as proof? And you talk about me being clueless - it was YOU who made the statement about the paper, and YOU haven't given any proof yet other than your very off base opinion. Some of us LIVE with the paper daily and know its history and current make up.

Rut-Roh. You've presented her with another corner.

She's bolting for another thread in 5... 4...

fj1200
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
ConReps are against the education system because stupid people are easier to brainwash.

What a ridiculous statement among many.

Conservatives (at least me) are not against the education system. The fact is we are for it because we want to see it improved against the failed leadership it has experienced for way too long.

You (at least liberals) have succeeded in propagating an institution that is failing those that are least able to escape from its failure.

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
The LA Times and the NY Times are owned by one of the most conservative companies in the country

:link:

ConReps are against the education system because stupid people are easier to brainwash.

Your premise is soooooooooo wrong Gabby. You are implying that ConReps are too stupid to think for themselves, and yet they are so brilliant they can brainwash others. Make up your mind!

I believe America is waking up to the fact that our "educators" are not teaching factual history anymore. They are teaching history in such a way as to shape the future they way they want it to play out (liberal socialism). They are injecting their belief system into their teaching instead of teaching the skills and the facts!

The talking heads at MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and liberal progressive radio can spew out the talking points en masse and the yokels will eventually pick it up. Then they don't have to think. And to think, the conservatives only have one media source to help brainwash them and you liberals are drowning in it. Who do you think is getting brainwashed faster?

I have to tell you Gabby, conservatives in America don't have to move too much to the right for it to seem like extremism ... and that's because American values and culture have gone off the deep end in the last 50-60 years. The difference is that American conservatives (who aren't all religious, by the way) can move this country back to the right without violence, unlike what the radical liberals have done over the last few decades.

Pot calling kettle black, Gabby.

namvet
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
typical libtard. now she supports Bush

namvet
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM

he never said any such thing. and the NY daily news just made you look like the ass and laffin stock we all know you are. another epic failure. if we need a lie we'll call on you

LuvRPgrl
11-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh well, my estimations of Gabby just went waaaaay down.

Hey, how can you possible argue with her, I mean, She GOT two degrees from there.

Thunderknuckles
11-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Hey, how can you possible argue with her, I mean, She GOT two degrees from there.
The problem with liberal intellectuals is that they over estimate their own intelligence along with a healthy disregard for wisdom. I know, I used to be one of them.

LuvRPgrl
11-13-2010, 03:21 AM
The problem with liberal intellectuals is that they over estimate their own intelligence along with a healthy disregard for wisdom. I know, I used to be one of them.

You just brought up the most important term in this discussion. WISDOM.

Alot of smart people are fools. Universities these days pump out alot of educated fools.

a very high and disproportionate number of homeless people are very intelligent.

Particularly with the subject matter we are dealing with, the school of hard knocks certainly can, and often does, apply. It often is a much better education than those received in universities.

Bottom line is, high intelligence, or a degree doesnt prove or guarantee anything. I see people every day who are only high school educated, but make much better day to day life decisions than many highly educated people.

Binky
11-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I agree. I think my own feelings about Palin have been clear, yet I consider Bush definitely part of the Republican 'political class' which brought big spending to points unseen, until Obama.

I agree with much of the conservative values Palin espouses, I just do not trust her motives. If I leaned left, I'd say the same about Obama, he's just not out for anyone but himself.

Bush and the repugs are part of the reason why America is facing the problems it is today. It isn't just one party or the other that has created this huge mess. It is both parties. Both are diligenty at work trying to steal away our freedoms and make America a non freedom country. They both want to change it and exerting total control over the citizens. And they are both full of crapola and hate. While they each have agendas of their own it all boils down to the fact they are trying to control the American people....Why...........hasn't anyone heard? We, the people, are a very uppity lot and need to be knocked down a few pegs.

LuvRPgrl
11-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Bush and the repugs are part of the reason why America is facing the problems it is today. It isn't just one party or the other that has created this huge mess. It is both parties. Both are diligenty at work trying to steal away our freedoms and make America a non freedom country. They both want to change it and exerting total control over the citizens. And they are both full of crapola and hate. While they each have agendas of their own it all boils down to the fact they are trying to control the American people....Why...........hasn't anyone heard? We, the people, are a very uppity lot and need to be knocked down a few pegs.

More taxes means more power to the govt.

I do believe it was the Dems who opposed the tax cuts Bush instituted.