PDA

View Full Version : What will Dems with nothing left to lose, do in coming lame-duck session of Congress?

Little-Acorn
11-05-2010, 11:22 AM
A wide-open question.

As of yesterday, there are a lot of Democrats who are still in the majority in both houses of Congress... and who literally have nothing left to lose, since they've already been voted out.

But they won't leave until Jan. 1, 2011... and there's still one more session of Congress to go, the Lame-duck session scheduled to start in November 2010.

And these majority Dems have already shown they will put massively destructive legislation into place (Obamacare, bailouts, etc.) even when they DO have the risk of losing their offices.

What behavior can we expect from them, now that even the restraint of that risk is gone for them?

Gun bans?

Tax increases?

Appointment of Hillary, Chuck Schumer, and/or Barney Frank to the Supreme Court?

Ratification of treaties turning national sovereignity over to the United Nations?

Seems unbelievable and unlikely, I know. But it wasn't that long ago that the idea of passing Socialized Health Care was unbelievable and unlikely, too.

What will we do in response to any of these? Vote them out twice?

The nation may, at this point, be at greater risk than at any time since, I don't know, when? 1812?

Never thought I'd get to the point where I'd be trusting Obama and the rest of the Democrats to restrain their Congressional brethern.

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
A wide-open question.

As of yesterday, there are a lot of Democrats who are still in the majority in both houses of Congress... and who literally have nothing left to lose, since they've already been voted out.

But they won't leave until Jan. 1, 2011... and there's still one more session of Congress to go, the Lame-duck session scheduled to start in November 2010.

January 3rd.