PDA

View Full Version : Absolute proof there is a God.....

Silver
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/05/olbermann-donated-to-three-dems-in-apparent-violation-of-nbc-policy/

Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions
CNN By: CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - Keith Olbermann, MSNBC's primetime firebrand host, has been suspended indefinitely for violating the ethics policies of his employer earlier this year when he donated to three Democrats seeking federal office, MSNBC announced Friday.
========================
Of course hes a dishonest bastard like most lefties I know....it just takes some time to actually catch them.....

Have a wonderful day.....I certainly will now.....

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/05/olbermann-donated-to-three-dems-in-apparent-violation-of-nbc-policy/

(CNN) - Keith Olbermann, MSNBC's primetime firebrand host, has been suspended indefinitely for violating the ethics policies of his employer earlier this year when he donated to three Democrats seeking federal office, MSNBC announced Friday.
========================
Of course hes a dishonest bastard like most lefties I know....it just takes some time to actually catch them.....

Funny how the liberal media conspiracy is so hard on liberals.

Little-Acorn
11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Funniest part of all this, is that MessNBC wants us to believe that they only just found out about Olbermann.

:lol:

BTW, I'm sure this had NOTHING to do with the fact that when Olbermann's on, nobody watches or listens.

Nope, not a thing do do with it.

I guess Democrat fanatics can do nothing but lie, lie, lie......

----------------------------------

UPDATE: Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions
By: CNN Political Unit

"I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay," MSNBC President Phil Griffin said in a statement.

First reported by Politico and confirmed by Federal Election Commission filings, the primetime television host gave $2,400 – the maximum individual amount allowed – to each of the campaigns of Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway, and Arizona Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. (View PDF's of FEC filings for Conway, Grijalva, and Giffords)

The contributions may have violated an NBC policy that requires employers of the news organization to obtain permission ahead of any political donations or activities that could be deemed as a conflict of interest. CNN institutes a similar policy.

MtnBiker
11-05-2010, 01:45 PM

========================

Awesome!

I think everybody can have a wonderful day knowing that one less liberal windbag is on a liberal network.

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Awesome!

I think everybody can have a wonderful day knowing that one less liberal windbag is on a liberal network.
The liberal network that's SOOOO unabashedly liberal is suspends its most liberal commentator.

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Germans bomb Pearl Harbor!

MtnBiker
11-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Maybe Olberman and Rick Sanchez should pitch a radio show for NPR.

SpidermanTUba
11-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Maybe Olberman and Rick Sanchez should pitch a radio show for NPR.

Maybe K.O. should ditch all his vague literary and film references and go back to sports.

gabosaurus
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Obviously, Fox News would never do this. But I think everyone knows what corner they are in.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/11/keith-olbermann-suspended-from-msnbc-over-democratic-donations.html

namvet
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
so he got caught huh ??? my my what will PMSNBC do without they're king rat????

MSNBC announced Friday that it has suspended prime-time host Keith Olbermann indefinitely and without pay for making political contributions to the campaigns of three Democratic candidates.

In a statement provided to FoxNews.com, Phil Griffin, president of the network, said he “became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay.”

Olbermann, who is the host of “Countdown,” is the network’s highest rated personality.

According to a report from Politico.com, the contributions were made this fall, including one that came just hours after he appeared on Olbermann’s program.

fj1200
11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
The liberal network that's SOOOO unabashedly liberal is suspends its most liberal commentator.

MSNBC has standards? Who knew.

MtnBiker
11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Olberman being suspended will have little impact on how many people watch him on tv.

fj1200
11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow, 3 threads, and counting, about this?

Some restraint people.

MtnBiker
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
7,200 dollars in donations, does Olbermans show even generate that much revenue?

Trigg
11-05-2010, 03:32 PM
If MSNBC gets rid of Ed next they might start getting some viewers back.

red states rule
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Do not shed a tear for Keith

He will turn up soon over at NPR

hjmick
11-05-2010, 05:25 PM
NBC has no policy against employees donating to political parties, candidates, or any other such groups. The do have a policy about employess making such contributions without first obtaining permission from the bosses. Apparently Olbermann thought he was above this rule. This is why he was suspended.

Personally, I think it is much ado about nothing. It's no secret where Keith's sympathies lie. The work he does on air is worth far more than he donated.

red states rule
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
NBC has no policy against employees donating to political parties, candidates, or any other such groups. The do have a policy about employess making such contributions without first obtaining permission from the bosses. Apparently Olbermann thought he was above this rule. This is why he was suspended.

Personally, I think it is much ado about nothing. It's no secret where Keith's sympathies lie. The work he does on air is worth far more than he donated.

So Keith will fit in fine with the "objective journalists" at NPR

He will not be off the air for long

It is like a trade among sports teams. MSNBC will get a "journalist" to be named later

red states rule
11-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Keith foams at the mouth for News Corp for giving money to Republicans

Was this before or after his donations to Dems?

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUkUSUkU" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=hdSUkUSUkU" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

SassyLady
11-05-2010, 06:15 PM
7,200 dollars in donations, does Olbermans show even generate that much revenue?

Hilarious thought, isn't it?! :laugh2:

SassyLady
11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
They probably were looking for a way to get out of his contract..especially after his performance on election night and subsequent. This just happen to be a handy way to get out of it...I'm sure.

Kathianne
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
The 3 threads merged.

red states rule
11-06-2010, 06:08 AM
What we have here is a liberal (who denies he is a liberal) giving moeny to liberal candidates

I see nothing wrong with that

The problem I have is with the usual liberal hypocrisy you can find in nearly all the stories.

MSNBC led the way in attacking Fox News when its parent corporation made political donations to - gasp - Republicans. MSNBC is now going after Sean Hannity for his political donations

The difference I see is MSNBC used Keith as a REPORTER heading up the coverage of the primary and general election. Sean has stayed in his role as a COMMENTATOR and has never denied he is based and is a conservative

Keith on the other hand has denied his bias even though everyone can clearly see he is a raging far left liberal

Why was he fired? Who knows. If it was against company policy they may want to check out Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, and Ms. Rachel because I am sure as devoted to the liberal cause as they are one may be able find some of their money flowing into the pockets of Democrats

Or it could be, Keith was becoming to big of a pain in the ass to keep defending (and the ratings for his show sucked) so they decided to cut their losses

No matter, the left will blame Fox News and look to pass the buck to defend Keith as they have for Obama

Some things never change

fj1200
11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
I thought he was just suspended.

red states rule
11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
I thought he was just suspended.

I have seen reports that "insiders" say he will not be back

Poor Keith. First the NFL cans his ass, then he loses his gig at the Daily Kos, and now MSNBC tosses him into the street

It is bad when you are a bigger pain then Chris Matthews :laugh2:

SassyLady
11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Imagine being the promoter of this event:

LEFT WING LIBERAL TALK SHOW HOSTS DEBATE RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE TALK SHOW HOSTS

Olberman vs. Limbaugh
Matthews vs. Hannity
Ed ??? vs Glen Beck
Scary Larry O'Donnell vs. Bill O'Reilly
Rachel Maddow vs. Laura Ingram
Joy Behar vs Ann Coulter
Jon Stewart vs. Dennis Miller

They would be set up like candidate debates ... each given a specific amount of time to answer a question and time to rebut. No one allowe to talk over the top of each other because they will all be wearing a shock collar that shocks the one that starts to talk when it's not their turn.

Oh what fun this would be!!!!

Any other match ups you can think of?

red states rule
11-07-2010, 06:03 AM

LEFT WING LIBERAL TALK SHOW HOSTS DEBATE RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE TALK SHOW HOSTS

Olberman vs. Limbaugh
Matthews vs. Hannity
Ed ??? vs Glen Beck
Joy Behar vs Ann Coulter

They would be set up like candidate debates ... each given a specific amount of time to answer a question and time to rebut. No one allowe to talk over the top of each other because they will all be wearing a shock collar that shocks the one that starts to talk when it's not their turn.

The libs would never show up. They would not leave their comfort zone and step out into real world and openly defend thier policies.

It would be nice to see some of those matchups however. But without their fellow libs sitting next to them and a very supportive crowd those libs would never take up the offer

From what I have seen, most liberals are unable to punch a time clock without backup

krisy
11-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Olberman vs. Limbaugh
Matthews vs. Hannity
Ed ??? vs Glen Beck
Joy Behar vs Ann Coulter

I would pay money to see Coulter eat Behar alive....that would really be a sight!

As far as msnbc,i think they have contradicted themselves. they suspend keith o. because of a conflict of interest,yet he is on every night disguised as an unbiased anchor ripping republicans,o reilly,beck,and any other prominent right winger to shreds. he does give commentary and makes no secret hes a liberal. it makes no sense,its not like we didnt know he is liberal. that being said i'm glad he gone,very glad:salute:

krisy
11-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Sorry for the lack of caps....me thinkst my daughter may have spilled something on the keyboard...(or her mom):laugh:

NightTrain
11-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Olbermann got fired, what a great bit of news!

Now they just need to dig a little bit with ol' "Thrill Up My Leg" and 86 his sorry ass as well.

Perhaps MSNBC is going to try to struggle more to the center and boost those lackluster ratings. I remember channel surfing during the '08 election and seeing Matthews and Olbermann ranting about those evil Republicans - I usually click past that channel about as fast as my thumb can hammer the remote, but I paused to see what those 2 assclowns were spouting off about.

After roughly 20 seconds I was pissed and amazed that a supposed objective news outlet would be so blatant as to allow those two to cover the election. I think it was the next day they were yanked from covering the election and relegated back to their sad little liberal sideshows.

Here's hoping Matthews is next! :beer:

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
The libs would never show up. They would not leave their comfort zone and step out into real world and openly defend thier policies.

It would be nice to see some of those matchups however. But without their fellow libs sitting next to them and a very supportive crowd those libs would never take up the offer

From what I have seen, most liberals are unable to punch a time clock without backup

On another note....I would love to see any one of those liberals on Red Eye....Greg Gutfeld would, indeed, gut them.

bullypulpit
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM

========================

It highlights the difference between MSNBC and FOX Noise.

FOX punditocrats and their contributions to the GOP:

Sean Hannity: $5000.00 to Michele Bachman's PAC, $4800.00 to John Gomez's failed congressional bid.

Mike Huckabee: Campaign contributions to Doug Matayo for Congress (AR), Beth Anne Rankin for Congress (AR), and Daniel Webster for Congress (FL). And let's not forget his fundraising activities for the GOP.

And, of course, Caribou Barbie whose PAC regularly contributes money to GOP candidates, never mind her active campaigning for GOP candidates.

Now, did we see ANY of these FOX News personalities suspended for their activities? Of course not.

For a complete list of FOX News personalities, their contributions to...and fund raising for...the GOP go here:
<a href=http://mediamatters.org/research/201010270005>More than 30 Fox Newsers support GOP in 600-plus instances during midterms</a>

Funny how no one in the right wing punditocracy isn't mentioning these facts. So, Silver... If you want to talk about dishonest bastards, let's talk about all those FOX employees actively supporting GOP candidates on their on their shows and providing in kind contributions to these same candidates. Oh, and let's not forget FOX Noise's $1 million contribution to the GOP.

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM

Sean Hannity: $5000.00 to Michele Bachman's PAC, $4800.00 to John Gomez's failed congressional bid.

Mike Huckabee: Campaign contributions to Doug Matayo for Congress (AR), Beth Anne Rankin for Congress (AR), and Daniel Webster for Congress (FL). And let's not forget his fundraising activities for the GOP.

And, of course, Caribou Barbie whose PAC regularly contributes money to GOP candidates, never mind her active campaigning for GOP candidates.

Now, did we see ANY of these FOX News personalities suspended for their activities? Of course not.

For a complete list of FOX News personalities, their contributions to...and fund raising for...the GOP go here:
More than 30 Fox Newsers support GOP in 600-plus instances during midterms (http://mediamatters.org/research/201010270005)

Funny how no one in the right wing punditocracy isn't mentioning these facts. So, Silver... If you want to talk about dishonest bastards, let's talk about all those FOX employees actively supporting GOP candidates on their on their shows and providing in kind contributions to these same candidates. Oh, and let's not forget FOX Noise's $1 million contribution to the GOP.

Guess you missed the part where it says the contributor needs to get permission first, and that was an NBC policy.

How do you know what the policy is at FOX and how do you know whether they got permission first.

He was suspended for not getting permission according to what he has said and what the NBC spokesman said.

And you automatically assume that those from FOX didn't get permission.

It's fun to watch you BP. Don't stop now.

bullypulpit
11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Guess you missed the part where it says the contributor needs to get permission first, and that was an NBC policy.

How do you know what the policy is at FOX and how do you know whether they got permission first.

He was suspended for not getting permission according to what he has said and what the NBC spokesman said.

And you automatically assume that those from FOX didn't get permission.

It's fun to watch you BP. Don't stop now.

No, I didn't miss the part about MSNBC's policy. FOX Noise doesn't care if it's employees engage in open conflicts of interest by contributing to the campaigns of the same candidates who regularly appear on their shows and solicit contributions from FOX viewers.

FOX News claims to be a news organization but compromises even its pretense of objectivity in allowing such practices.

It's fun to watch you and your fellow travelers dance around the facts trying to avoid them. Don't stop now.

krisy
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM

<a href=http://mediamatters.org/research/201010270005>More than 30 Fox Newsers support GOP in 600-plus instances during midterms</a>

Uh,not sure who barbie is that your referring too,but Hannity and Huckabee are commentators. If your not sure what the meaning of that is,let me help you. It means that they are paid to give their opinion and are known partisans. The agenda is right there for all to see. That is a lot different than lets say...an anchor that is supposed to report the news in an unbiased manner like keith o. was supposed to

namvet
11-07-2010, 09:32 PM
No, I didn't miss the part about MSNBC's policy. FOX Noise doesn't care if it's employees engage in open conflicts of interest by contributing to the campaigns of the same candidates who regularly appear on their shows and solicit contributions from FOX viewers.

FOX News claims to be a news organization but compromises even its pretense of objectivity in allowing such practices.

It's fun to watch you and your fellow travelers dance around the facts trying to avoid them. Don't stop now.

you and your fellow travelers dance

got that right. another high profile retarded liberal goes down in flames. but don't worry he's probably gonna wind up on Pelosi's staff

get em bullyshit !!!!

algWjS2yiyE

SassyLady
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM

FOXNEWS has shows that are dedicated to reporting and others that are commentaries....do you know of a reporter donating to a candidate without permission?

Never said that your facts weren't accurate ... just your comparisons of apples and oranges.

Pagan
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM

That MSNBC requires their employees to get "corporate" permission before they can donate their own personal and private funds to whoever they so choose?

MMMMMM OK ..........

http://filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/john-hurt-1984-big-brother.jpg

SassyLady
11-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks like they're ending his suspension and he'll be back on Tuesday.

red states rule
11-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Looks like they're ending his suspension and he'll be back on Tuesday.

Yea, the libs circled the wagons and saved him

Keith Olbermann will be allowed to resume his nightly program on MSNBC on Tuesday, the channel’s president said Sunday night, after he was suspended for donating money to three Democratic candidates.

The policy at MSNBC’s parent, NBC News, says journalists cannot make political contributions without permission from the head of the news division. “After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy,” the MSNBC president, Phil Griffin, said in a statement. “We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.”

Mr. Olbermann has declined interview requests since Friday, and he did not immediately confirm that he would resume his program, “Countdown,” as of Tuesday. But on Sunday afternoon, he posted to Twitter a thank-you to fans for “support that feels like a global hug.”

“MSNBC Folds!” read a headline on Daily Kos, one of the leading Web sites for progressives, on Sunday night after Mr. Griffin’s statement was released.

Mr. Olbermann’s program, “Countdown,” is a megaphone for Democrats and the most popular program on MSNBC.

The donations would have drawn attention at any time, but they were especially notable given that he had anchored MSNBC’s election night newscasts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/business/media/08olbermann.html?_r=1&hp

red states rule
11-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Perhaps they are bringing Keith back because the guy they had tapped as his replacement also gave money to Dems

Oh well what the hell. libs will fall back on one of their favorite talking points and say "everybody does it" so it is no big deal

Chris Hayes, tapped Friday by MSNBC to fill in for the indefinitely suspended Keith Olbermann as host of the prime-time political show “Countdown,” gave money to two Democratic campaigns in recent years. Now, following that disclosure, MSNBC says Mr. Hayes won’t get the gig after all.

Mr. Hayes, editor of The Nation, a liberal magazine, made a series of donations to Josh Segall, an Alabama Democrat, who ran for Congress in 2008 and considered running in the Democratic primary for this election. Mr. Hayes donated $1,500 to Mr. Segall in 2008 and $250 in December 2009, according to Federal Election Commission records.

The editor also donated $250 in January 2009 to Thomas Geoghegan, who ran in a primary for an Illinois seat. This summer, Mr. Hayes interviewed Mr. Geoghegan, an author, when he guest hosted The Rachel Maddow Show, another MSNBC program.

Earlier Friday, MSNBC President Phil Griffin suspended Mr. Olbermann, one of the network’s highest-profile anchors, indefinitely without pay for donating to three Democrats running in Tuesday’s election. In one case, Mr. Olbermann donated to one candidate the same day he hosted her on his show, “Countdown with Keith Olbermann.”

Several hours later, MSNBC said Mr. Hayes was no longer slated to take Mr. Olbermann’s place. The network said it would name a new replacement soon.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/05/olbermanns-replacement-wait-for-it/?mod=rss_WSJBlog&mod=WSJ_Politics_Blog

bullypulpit
11-08-2010, 05:03 AM
Uh,not sure who barbie is that your referring too,but Hannity and Huckabee are commentators. If your not sure what the meaning of that is,let me help you. It means that they are paid to give their opinion and are known partisans. The agenda is right there for all to see. That is a lot different than lets say...an anchor that is supposed to report the news in an unbiased manner like keith o. was supposed to

Indeed they dearie, but unlike the personalities on MSNBC, or any other credible media outlet, they permit the candidates they have as guests to actively solicit contributions on air and actively support these candidates. FOX even goes so far as to post websites for donation to these candidates on the newscrawl and the bottom of the screen.

FOX isn't a news organization, it's a political one.

red states rule
11-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Indeed they dearie, but unlike the personalities on MSNBC, or any other credible media outlet, they permit the candidates they have as guests to actively solicit contributions on air and actively support these candidates. FOX even goes so far as to post websites for donation to these candidates on the newscrawl and the bottom of the screen.

FOX isn't a news organization, it's a political one.

Like Ms Maddow, you must not watch the shows on MSNBC either BP

Or you are suffering from selective memory loss

Lets go to the video tape and watch hosts at MSNBC helping Dems raise money on the air:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?29793-Maddow-MSNBC-Is-Not-A-Political-Operation-For-Dems

bullypulpit
11-08-2010, 05:09 AM
That MSNBC requires their employees to get "corporate" permission before they can donate their own personal and private funds to whoever they so choose?

MMMMMM OK ..........

http://filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/john-hurt-1984-big-brother.jpg

John Hurt was excellent in that remake of 1984. I still favor the original though. And while I do have problems with MSNBC suspending Olberman for making these contributions, it does highlight the difference in the standards on this issue between FOX Noise and MSNBC, in that MSNBC actually HAS standards. FOX doesn't.

red states rule
11-08-2010, 05:15 AM
John Hurt was excellent in that remake of 1984. I still favor the original though. And while I do have problems with MSNBC suspending Olberman for making these contributions, it does highlight the difference in the standards on this issue between FOX Noise and MSNBC, in that MSNBC actually HAS standards. FOX doesn't.

It dawned on me BP you would not be interestd in clicking on the lionk I provided so here is the video of your liberal hosts at MSNBC doing what they do best

Openly supporting Dems and raising moeny for them

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/txjXBx9-2c0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/txjXBx9-2c0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

bullypulpit
11-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Like Ms Maddow, you must not watch the shows on MSNBC either BP

Or you are suffering from selective memory loss

Lets go to the video tape and watch hosts at MSNBC helping Dems raise money on the air:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?29793-Maddow-MSNBC-Is-Not-A-Political-Operation-For-Dems

No memory loss. They were wrong to do so, although Maddow WAS highlighting all the FOX Noise talking heads who had candidates on their shows and were soliciting money for them and promting the candidates websites for contributions. Nuance isn't something you do Red. It all boils down to a matter of degree. Schultz shilled for independent, liberal PAC's. FOX Noise shilled for GOP/Teapublican candidates, the GOP and GOP PAC's. But then, in the real world, there are many shades of gray between black-and-white. Anything beyond simple, absolutist answers...black-and-white, if you will...completely escape you and your fellow travelers, Red.

MtnBiker
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
It dawned on me BP you would not be interestd in clicking on the lionk I provided so here is the video of your liberal hosts at MSNBC doing what they do best

Openly supporting Dems and raising moeny for them

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/txjXBx9-2c0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/txjXBx9-2c0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Wow, that Maddow dude sure looked pissed.

PostmodernProphet
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM

funny MSNBC didn't have standards about the appearance of bias before this week......

red states rule
11-09-2010, 07:03 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/169844.jpg

red states rule
11-10-2010, 05:33 AM
He has returned

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=H1K2TJ09K07X3V3Y&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=Y4JCG33S5L8257NN&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

fj1200
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Coulter vs. Malkin

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Coulter vs. Malkin

What would they debate?

NightTrain
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=Y4JCG33S5L8257NN&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Olbermann discussed that very well, I have to admit he did a good job and made some good points with it. The humor injection into that was a good move.

fj1200
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
What would they debate?

Sorry, thinking of something else. :wink2:

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry, thinking of something else. :wink2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I figured you were, you sly dog!!

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow, that Maddow dude sure looked pissed.

:laugh:
Both Olbermann and Maddow are complete douche bags. But to be fair, so is Glenn Beck.

red states rule
11-10-2010, 05:50 PM
:laugh:
Both Olbermann and Maddow are complete douche bags. But to be fair, so is Glenn Beck.

Why would you say that about Glenn Beck? He makes sense without the personal attacks the libs made famous

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Why would you say that about Glenn Beck? He makes sense without the personal attacks the libs made famous
The guy is a bastion of fear mongering and hyperbole. Most of the political entertainment shows these days are infested with the like. Despite being a moderate conservative myself, I like to keep it "fair and balanced" :p

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 06:15 PM
The guy is a bastion of fear mongering and hyperbole. Most of the political entertainment shows these days are infested with the like. Despite being a moderate conservative myself, I like to keep it "fair and balanced" :p

When America has been indoctrinated by the left-leaning media for decades, we need to be "shocked" back to center ..... Beck is good at getting people to start looking deeper into how our conservative values have been eroded.

Some people don't have the ability to see past the presentation to grasp the facts that are being presented and then do their own research....some are just too lazy to follow up on anything he says ... even though he encourages everyone to do it.

I have no idea where you get your "fair and balanced" information, but good luck to you.

red states rule
11-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Beck is very reasonable and calls both sides out. If fact there was a day when Chris Matthwes loved him. Of course that was when he was going after Pres Bush and the Republicans

I find "moderate Republicans" amusing. The John McCain's Snow's, Spector's. and Collin's of the party have really helped the Dems out alot

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
When America has been indoctrinated by the left-leaning media for decades, we need to be "shocked" back to center ......
That's my point. How do you shock Americans back to the center? Fear mongering and hyperbole. I don't need that to reach the center. I'm already there from my own experiences.

As for "fair and balanced", I'm a registered Republican but I don't toe the party line. I call them like I see them regardless of political leaning. I've followed Beck for years and the guy is getting worse. He is to the right what Olbermann, Maddow, Ed Shultz, and Chris Mathews are to the left.

I miss shows like The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour. While still leaning to the right, they did a hell of a lot better job than the "chicken littles" that seem to populate the airwaves on both sides these days.

red states rule
11-10-2010, 06:39 PM
That's my point. How do you shock Americans back to the center? Fear mongering and hyperbole. I don't need that to reach the center. I'm already there from my own experiences.

As for "fair and balanced", I'm a registered Republican but I don't toe the party line. I call them like I see them regardless of political leaning. I've followed Beck for years and the guy is getting worse. He is to the right what Olbermann, Maddow, Ed Shultz, and Chris Mathews are to the left.

I miss shows like The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour. While still leaning to the right, they did a hell of a lot better job than the "chicken littles" that seem to populate the airwaves on both sides these days.

Who the hell wants to move to the center? We had that with McCain and look what we got to show for it?

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Who the hell wants to move to the center? We had that with McCain and look what we got to show for it?
It's not a question of want. It's just where I find myself these days. I used to be a hardcore conservative. I agree that moderates can help out the left at times but that is true for the right as well. It just depends on who the party in power is at the time and what they are doing. I am not going to follow every Republican idea just because it comes from a Republican. In my opinion, that's a major problem with too many voters these days. They lack the ability to think independently.
I always laugh at the Republican voter guides I get in the mail. Like I am going to vote their way just because they're Republicans. I will analyize their proposals on their merit and decide for myself. I don't need a Glenn Beck to scare me into making a decision. Likewise, I don't need a douche bag like Olbermann looking down upon me from his high horse and an ass load snidery for my conservative values.

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 07:45 PM

I am not a Repub or Dem .... and I watch/read/listen to several different sources of information and I find Beck to be very dramatic, but the information he presents is valid. As I said previously, one needs to be able to sift through the drama, take the facts, research them and then decide if Beck is overdramatizing or not.

Thunderknuckles
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I am not a Repub or Dem .... and I watch/read/listen to several different sources of information and I find Beck to be very dramatic, but the information he presents is valid. As I said previously, one needs to be able to sift through the drama, take the facts, research them and then decide if Beck is overdramatizing or not.
Fair enough.

red states rule
11-11-2010, 04:51 AM
It's not a question of want. It's just where I find myself these days. I used to be a hardcore conservative. I agree that moderates can help out the left at times but that is true for the right as well. It just depends on who the party in power is at the time and what they are doing. I am not going to follow every Republican idea just because it comes from a Republican. In my opinion, that's a major problem with too many voters these days. They lack the ability to think independently.
I always laugh at the Republican voter guides I get in the mail. Like I am going to vote their way just because they're Republicans. I will analyize their proposals on their merit and decide for myself. I don't need a Glenn Beck to scare me into making a decision. Likewise, I don't need a douche bag like Olbermann looking down upon me from his high horse and an ass load snidery for my conservative values.

Again, what is Beck saying that "scares" you? From what I have heard him say nothing is scary - it is factual

I am a Ronald Reagan conservative and I was very disappointed with Pres Bush's second term and the last 2 years of the Republican Congress

But the last thing we need is "moderate Republicans" working with Dems in the next Congress. That is how we got into the mess we are in now

red states rule
11-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Well Keith is back and is asking a question to the yet in power Republican Congress he should have been asking the current Congress

Since Republicans won control of the House of Representatives last week, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann has recited at the end of his Countdown show a new sign-off each night he has hosted noting the number of days since the GOP victory and mocking Speaker-designate John Boehner by sarcastically asking, "Where are the jobs?" At the end of Wednesday’s Countdown, he ended the show: "That's November 9th, seven days since the Republicans took control of the House. Mr. Boehner, where are the jobs? I'm Keith Olbermann. Good night and good luck."

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2010/11/11/olbermanns-new-sign-mocks-john-boehner-gop-house-takeover#ixzz14xwPyjPM

fj1200
11-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Do you think he understands that the gavel hasn't been passed yet? And then they only control 1/2 of 1/3 of the levers of government?

PostmodernProphet
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Do you think he understands that the gavel hasn't been passed yet? And then they only control 1/2 of 1/3 of the levers of government?

I think the world is flooded with things that Olbermann doesn't understand.......

SassyLady
11-11-2010, 02:14 PM

Do you think facts really matter to this drama queen?

Kathianne
11-11-2010, 04:43 PM

Better question is whether those elected have the answer to that question. Will they say it loud and clear? "We have a majority, not a super majority of one house. Legislation takes the House, the Senate, and President. The Senate and the President need to make clear whether or not they take our proposals seriously enough to compromise from our proposals. We'll bring forth any compromises we may be willing to make towards their proposals. We are unwilling however to vote for more spending."