PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Biggest Winner? Obama!

Palin Rider
11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Christmas came early for Barack Obama this year. Despite his public comments about a shellacking, Tuesday's outcome was just about the best thing that could have happened to the White House.

By the time of the inauguration, the supposedly friendly Congressional Democrats were pulling in at least 10 different directions, with a House Speaker who hadn't yet learned how to pull them together. So obviously, everything that went wrong could be blamed squarely on them and, by extension, the president.

Now Obama doesn't need to do anything more than to copy Clinton. Whenever things go wrong from January forward, all he has to do is blame congressional Republicans. His scripts for the next six years have already been written.

Now there's a big bucket of urine to douse the GOP's celebratory campfires.

red states rule
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Christmas came early for Barack Obama this year. Despite his public comments about a shellacking, Tuesday's outcome was just about the best thing that could have happened to the White House.

By the time of the inauguration, the supposedly friendly Congressional Democrats were pulling in at least 10 different directions, with a House Speaker who hadn't yet learned how to pull them together. So obviously, everything that went wrong could be blamed squarely on them and, by extension, the president.

Now Obama doesn't need to do anything more than to copy Clinton. Whenever things go wrong from January forward, all he has to do is blame congressional Republicans. His scripts for the next six years have already been written.

We will put this along side other liberal predictions about what a great future the Dems have

First we have political analyst Stuart Rothenberg in June 2009

That idea is lunacy and ought to be put to rest immediately.
None of the three actually predicted that Republicans would gain the 40 seats that they need for a majority, but all three held out hope that that's possible. It isn't. . . .

there are no signs of a dramatic rebound for the party, and the chance of Republicans winning control of either chamber in the 2010 midterm elections is zero. Not "close to zero." Not "slight" or "small." Zero.
Big changes in the House require a political wave. You can cherry-pick your way to a five- or eight-seat gain, but to win dozens of seats, a party needs a wave.

Recruiting better candidates and running better campaigns won't produce anything like what took place in 1980, 1994, 2006 and 2008, when waves resulted in huge gains for one party. The current political environment actually minimizes the chance of a near-term wave developing.

The problem for Republicans is that they aren't yet in the position--and won't be in one by November of next year--to run on a pure message of change, or on pent-up demand for change.

Waves are built on dissatisfaction and frustration, and there is little in national survey data that suggest most voters are upset with President Barack Obama's performance or the performance of his party.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805704575594430240937908.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

and James Carville in MAy 2009

In "40 More Years: How the Democrats Will Rule the Next Generation," published in May 2009, James Carville gloated: "Republicans have no hope of making serious inroads into Democratic advantages in 2010, or likely in 2012 and 2014 and so on. It's time to call TOD on the GOP."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805704575594430240937908.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion

Palin Rider
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
We will put this along side other liberal predictions about what a great future the Dems have

Put it wherever you want: it's not a prediction. This is Obama's chance to either redeem himself Clinton-style or screw the pooch again. Time will tell which route he takes.

red states rule
11-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Put it wherever you want: it's not a prediction. This is Obama's chance to either redeem himself Clinton-style or screw the pooch again. Time will tell which route he takes.

Obama is not smaert enough to change his positions. He lives and breaths with big government policies

Now it up to Republicnas to force him to veto the repeal of Obamacare, financial reform repeal, stimulus repeal, and tax cuts

Now is when Obama needs to be put on the spot and forced to defend his "accomplishments"

The same "accomplishments" the voters oppose and do not want

SassyLady
11-05-2010, 11:28 PM

Redeem himself with ???? To redeem himself with those that elected him he has to go even farther left ... do you really think that is going to happen in the next two years? Seriously??? Seriously???

Kathianne
11-06-2010, 04:14 AM

Well then, your OP was wrong. To be Clinton-styled, Obama would have to actually admit that he was leading the party and forcing the people down a path that was wrong. His LEADERSHIP and STYLE were wrong. He didn't. I very much doubt he's capable of either.

He's 'never wrong' in his most honest opinion. Clinton recognized the differences between what he thought right and what the country thought right. He learned and understood. Now that didn't mean he abandoned his own thinking, but understood that 'public policy' is just that. I might not have liked Clinton after '94, but recognized he knew how to move towards the middle.

red states rule
11-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Well then, your OP was wrong. To be Clinton-styled, Obama would have to actually admit that he was leading the party and forcing the people down a path that was wrong. His LEADERSHIP and STYLE were wrong. He didn't. I very much doubt he's capable of either.

He's 'never wrong' in his most honest opinion. Clinton recognized the differences between what he thought right and what the country thought right. He learned and understood. Now that didn't mean he abandoned his own thinking, but understood that 'public policy' is just that. I might not have liked Clinton after '94, but recognized he knew how to move towards the middle.

Clinton was, and is, a classic politician. He could think on his feet, and turn on the charm like flipping on a lght switch

Obama has none of those traits. He is lost without his teleprompter, and rambles on and on when taking direct unscropted questions. His supreme arogrance oozes from him, and people are stsrting to see that

The way things are going right now, Obama may have to fend off challenges from within his own party for the nomination in 2012

fj1200
11-06-2010, 07:38 AM
This is Obama's chance to either redeem himself Clinton-style or screw the pooch again.

Wow, an admittance from you that BO's redemption involves moving towards Republican positions a la Clinton. Good on 'ya.

red states rule
11-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Wow, an admittance from you that BO's redemption involves moving towards Republican positions a la Clinton. Good on 'ya.

Don't wory it will not happen

We have a better chance of Virgil, OCA, gabby, and BP voting a straight Republican ticket then Obama moving to the center

Palin Rider
11-07-2010, 03:43 PM
:mad:I :finger3: on your :mad:. :laugh:

Well then, your OP was wrong. To be Clinton-styled, Obama would have to actually admit that he was leading the party and forcing the people down a path that was wrong. His LEADERSHIP and STYLE were wrong. He didn't. I very much doubt he's capable of either.The last statement might well be true. How does that make my OP wrong?

Obama now has a perfect opportunity to adopt a more centrist stance, whether he takes it or not.

Palin Rider
11-07-2010, 03:43 PM

A few Republican positions make sense. Not many, but I'm perfectly happy to give credit where it's due.

KarlMarx
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Obama now has a perfect opportunity to adopt a more centrist stance, whether he takes it or not.

Obama's ego is so big, it has time zones. Itl not allow him to take a centrist stance.

When Obama was told earlier this year that a vote on Obama care would result in the same catastrophe for the Democrats as in 1994, his response was, "the difference this time is me"....

It will be interesting to see Obama continue to self destruct these next two yars.

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
The biggest winner in Tuesday's elections were the crooked unions who Stole/Rigged Elections in NV AND WA State

Kathianne
11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Obama's ego is so big, it has time zones. Itl not allow him to take a centrist stance.

When Obama was told earlier this year that a vote on Obama care would result in the same catastrophe for the Democrats as in 1994, his response was, "the difference this time is me"....

It will be interesting to see Obama continue to self destruct these next two yars.

yep, in the encyclopaedia, under 'arrogance' is a picture of Obama.

Palin Rider
11-07-2010, 11:22 PM

Anyone who doesn't have a multi-timezone ego wouldn't be able to stand the job.

And I still believe that JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, and Dubya all had egos that dwarf Obama's.

BoogyMan
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't believe that the Clinton tactics will work. You seem to be quite willing to have the president use them, but the American people are ready to stuff those tactics back in your face. If you and your chosen leader are stupid enough to continue down that road, please, please, please do so.

It would see that yellow stripe down the middle of the road rubs off, doesn't it PR?

Palin Rider
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't believe that the Clinton tactics will work. You seem to be quite willing to have the president use them, but the American people are ready to stuff those tactics back in your face. If you and your chosen leader are stupid enough to continue down that road, please, please, please do so.

Why do the hardcore Repubs always believe that the American people want exactly the same things they do, when they get proven wrong in about half the elections?

They and you really need to come up with some new material. Seriously.

SassyLady
11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Why do the hardcore Dems always believe that the American people want exactly the same things they do, when they get proven wrong in about half the elections?

Wow.....that was weird .... just changed one word and it made more sense to me.

Kathianne
11-08-2010, 04:08 AM
:clap::laugh2::laugh2::clap:

Palin Rider
11-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Why do the hardcore Dems always believe that the American people want exactly the same things they do, when they get proven wrong in about half the elections?

Wow.....that was weird .... just changed one word and it made more sense to me.
Both should make perfect sense to any thinking person.
(The Dems believe it, but they don't say it nearly as often as the Reps do.)

NightTrain
11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Why do the hardcore Repubs always believe that the American people want exactly the same things they do, when they get proven wrong in about half the elections?

Oooops.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/GottaSitInBack.jpg

fj1200
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
The headline for the "winner" last Tuesday:

President Obama isolated ahead of 2012

President Barack Obama has performed his act of contrition. Now comes the hard part, according to Democrats around the country: reckoning with the simple fact that he’s isolated himself from virtually every group that matters in American politics.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44812.html#ixzz14iljGERh

Pagan
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
The headline for the "winner" last Tuesday:

President Obama isolated ahead of 2012

http://pix.rejecttheherd.net/d/8451-2/obama-fart.jpg

Palin Rider
11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Oooops.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/GottaSitInBack.jpg

What are politicians supposed to say to their faithful supporters just before an election? "Gee, I think we're gonna lose?" :laugh:

red states rule
11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/169847.jpeg