PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg is sooooo right.

bullypulpit
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, New York mayor, Michael Bloomberg hit the nail on the head.

“If you look at the U.S., you look at who we’re electing to Congress, to the Senate—they can’t read,” he said. “I’ll bet you a bunch of these people don’t have passports. We’re about to start a trade war with China if we’re not careful here,” he warned, “only because nobody knows where China is. Nobody knows what China is.” - <a href=http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/11/06/bloomberg-to-america-lay-off-the-chinese/>The Wall Street Journal</a>

The same can be said for those who elected these Teapublican rubes to Congress.

red states rule
11-07-2010, 06:50 AM
In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, New York mayor, Michael Bloomberg hit the nail on the head.

Tell me BP, what do you think of Mayor Bloomberg's opinion on tax increases?

Bloomberg's own proposed budget for next year doesn't touch income taxes. It hikes the sales tax by a quarter-percent, taking an estimated $894 million from New Yorkers' pockets.

"A very small percentage of people do account for a big part of our income," he said. "The first rule of taxation is ... you can't tax too much those that can move."

Bloomberg is New York's wealthiest man, worth an estimated $20 billion, and is on a first name basis with billionaires around the world.

The mayor spoke a day after thousands converged on City Hall to call for tax hikes on families earning $250,000 or more in order to stop painful budget cuts.

He had previously taken a more measured stance against tax-the-rich plans, like City Council Speaker Christine Quinn's proposal to raise taxes on families earning $500,000 or more.

"I hear the protesters, you know," Bloomberg said. "I think that deep down inside, I assume, they understand that we live in a different world."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/03/06/2009-03-06_mayor_bloomberg_we_love_the_rich_people_.html#i xzz14b2PE6qW

bullypulpit
11-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Tell me BP, what do you think of Mayor Bloomberg's opinion on tax increases?

Just another lame-assed attempt on your part to change the subject Red? Just because I can agree with SOME Republicans stances on SOME issues doesn't mean I have to agree with ALL of them. Unlike you and your fellow travelers, I'm not a lemming.

Pagan
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Just another lame-assed attempt on your part to change the subject Red? Just because I can agree with SOME Republicans stances on SOME issues doesn't mean I have to agree with ALL of them. Unlike you and your fellow travelers, I'm not a lemming.

Really, so why won't you answer that very simple and direct question I asked you sometime ago?

You know ....

"What are your thoughts of Obama embracing and expanding the Bush Doctrine?"

Not a single Obama supporter has ever answered that, why is that?

red states rule
11-08-2010, 05:01 AM

Translation - I love moderate Republicans only when they agree with me

BP, the Tea Party candidate ran on tax cuts and it is clear in high tax states like NY and high tax cities like NYC the "rich" are currently taxed to the max

Bloomberg gets it. When will you?

bullypulpit
11-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Really, so why won't you answer that very simple and direct question I asked you sometime ago?

You know ....

"What are your thoughts of Obama embracing and expanding the Bush Doctrine?"

Not a single Obama supporter has ever answered that, why is that?

It was just as wrong then as it is now. I've called, e-mailed and snail-mailed the White House on this matter. I've debated Obama supporters on this issue...and won. I've written letters to the editor, both in the US and the foreign press. Satisfied?

bullypulpit
11-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Translation - I love moderate Republicans only when they agree with me

BP, the Tea Party candidate ran on tax cuts and it is clear in high tax states like NY and high tax cities like NYC the "rich" are currently taxed to the max

Bloomberg gets it. When will you?

You can't have a government without taxation. Unless you want to live as a hermit in a cave, government services and infrastructure must be paid for. It's called society, Red. And there's always gonna be a cost incurred by living in a society. Or does that simple notion, like so many others, escape you?

Kathianne
11-08-2010, 06:29 AM
You can't have a government without taxation. Unless you want to live as a hermit in a cave, government services and infrastructure must be paid for. It's called society, Red. And there's always gonna be a cost incurred by living in a society. Or does that simple notion, like so many others, escape you?

Bully, it's not all about taxes, though indeed that is a component. I would argue that it has to do with levels of government and entitlements.

CSM
11-08-2010, 07:24 AM

I dunno, they seemd to be able to read a ballot just fine.

SassyLady
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM

There already is taxation BP .... the problem is government wanting to create a nanny state where they control everything and they want to create this nanny state using the earned income of those who are not interested in being on the dole. So, what better way to control the rich, who don't need to be taken care, than by just taking away their profits.

This country can still exist without raising taxes if it quits funding stupid things.....earmarks are for things that don't support the infrastructure ... they are mainly so a politican can preen and strut.