PDA

View Full Version : London students rioting

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey Noir...where were you today? Missed you around here for a few hours.

What do you think of all the riots in London by the students? Do you think it's appropriate?

red states rule
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey Noir...where were you today? Missed you around here for a few hours.

What do you think of all the riots in London by the students? Do you think it's appropriate?

All he missed was a bunch of liberals pissed off they have to pay for what they want because the government is going broke and can no longer foot the bill

Sound familiar?

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Yep!!!

Looked up the 10 most expensive colleges in the US .... pretty interesting that they have all had around 50% increases in the last seven years.

http://www.walletpop.com/loans/forbes/most-expensive-colleges/

Noir
11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Nope, wasn't there, but if I had of been I would of spent it arguing with the protestors, not taking part in the protest.

Though I was able to send a few Facebook comments to people who I know that went or supported the protest. Surprisingly they didn't want to get into the details concerning public spending >,>

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Nope, wasn't there, but if I had of been I would of spent it arguing with the protestors, not taking part in the protest.

Though I was able to send a few Facebook comments to people who I know that went or supported the protest. Surprisingly they didn't want to get into the details concerning public spending >,>

Do they understand the amount of money it will take to repair the damage that was caused by these riots ... thus, less money in the pot for them? I just don't understand people that destroy property to make their point, especially if it's private property.

Noir
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Do they understand the amount of money it will take to repair the damage that was caused by these riots ... thus, less money in the pot for them? I just don't understand people that destroy property to make their point, especially if it's private property.

Indeed, they were stupid. The whole thing was stupid. I'd say the vast majority they were there either had no, or very little, political understanding or awareness. A mob of morons, who will no doubt be out this weekend spending money they don't have on getting drunk >,>

SassyLady
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM
:dunno:

Sad.

red states rule
11-11-2010, 04:27 AM

There is no money in the pot to repair the damage because those who caused the damage had already sucked the pot dry

It is amazing to see so many people who EXPECT the government to pay for whatever the hell they want in life

Libs are getting their wish. America is becoming more like Europe everyday

Noir
11-11-2010, 06:42 AM
There is no money in the pot to repair the damage because those who caused the damage had already sucked the pot dry

It is amazing to see so many people who EXPECT the government to pay for whatever the hell they want in life

Libs are getting their wish. America is becoming more like Europe everyday

I'm fairness, and while this is certainly no excuse for what happened, just over ten years ago all Uni education was free, then it changed (after allot of protests) to cost just over £3000 ($4800) per year (most courses being 3 or 4 years) now they plan to have that risen by 300% to around £9000 per year (about $14,000) meaning a standard degree will cost a minimum of £27,000 ($42,000) when ten years ago it was free.

So it's not difficult to see how people with a limited political grasp and understanding can look at those numbers and feel like they are being hard done by in a time when students are leaving with degrees and not being able to get jobs in the UK market.

darin
11-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Why aren't the kids educated enough to realize they are being stupid? :)

Noir
11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Why aren't the kids educated enough to realize they are being stupid? :)

Exactly, they all need to go to university and...oh, yeah, XD

darin
11-11-2010, 09:43 AM

OR...they need(ed) parents who loved them enough to beat them when they were younger...OR...somebody today who loves them enough to tell them 'No'.

:)

SassyLady
11-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm fairness, and while this is certainly no excuse for what happened, just over ten years ago all Uni education was free, then it changed (after allot of protests) to cost just over £3000 ($4800) per year (most courses being 3 or 4 years) now they plan to have that risen by 300% to around £9000 per year (about $14,000) meaning a standard degree will cost a minimum of £27,000 ($42,000) when ten years ago it was free.

So it's not difficult to see how people with a limited political grasp and understanding can look at those numbers and feel like they are being hard done by in a time when students are leaving with degrees and not being able to get jobs in the UK market.

So, you mean they wanted the people who work for a living to continue paying for them to go to school ... instead of getting a job and paying for it themselves. What a concept.....take as many free rides as you can and then get pissed off when the free rides stop and cause so much damage that some other entitlement is not funded .... and that pisses off a different category of people who will riot ..... do you see the trend of what happens when people have entitlements that are no longer able to be funded?

And, just as a side note ... I'll bet there are more people working in the world without degrees than those that have a degree ... so, not havng a degree will not automatically keep one from getting a job. Participating in a protest and getting arrested and creating a rap sheet can do more damage to a resume than not having a degree.

People need to grow up and think about the harm they are doing by having these temper tantrums.

SassyLady
11-11-2010, 01:15 PM

More like educated with common sense and respect for other's property. One doesn't get that type of education at university.

Kathianne
11-11-2010, 04:38 PM
So, you mean they wanted the people who work for a living to continue paying for them to go to school ... instead of getting a job and paying for it themselves. What a concept.....take as many free rides as you can and then get pissed off when the free rides stop and cause so much damage that some other entitlement is not funded .... and that pisses off a different category of people who will riot ..... do you see the trend of what happens when people have entitlements that are no longer able to be funded?

And, just as a side note ... I'll bet there are more people working in the world without degrees than those that have a degree ... so, not havng a degree will not automatically keep one from getting a job. Participating in a protest and getting arrested and creating a rap sheet can do more damage to a resume than not having a degree.

People need to grow up and think about the harm they are doing by having these temper tantrums.

Actually I think Noir has this nailed. Not so many years ago, certainly in the time of his grandparents, the Brits were not so different than us, meaning they paid their own way. Sure during the Progressive era, they did more programs than us, but in general they weren't so very different. Then came the end of WWII.

It changed. They went the way of Germany and Japan, yes the 'losers' of the war, but followed their 19th C examples. (Bismarck and Meiji Restoration). For the most part, the entire European continent did. Not so much the US, where we went towards was only regarding the 'poor.'

Today? Europe has at least 3 generations that think that's the norm and now they're changing the rules. Meanwhile, the US government is trying to go where Europe already trod and hasn't worked. Go figure. :rolleyes:

For all the ballyhoo about the tea parties, my guess is Europe will be facing much worse, not a good example to follow. Very difficult to take away 'what we're entitled to.'

red states rule
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM

Noir, this will come a BIG shock to you

Please brace yourself and take a deep breath

NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE

Someone has been paying for the "free" education you were talking about. The problem now is those people are tapped out since the freeloaders sucked them dry

Now the freeloaders are pissed off THEY will have to pay their won way.
So it's not difficult to see how people with a limited economic grasp and understanding can adjust to paying their own way. They will have to go out and earn it

Noir
11-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Noir, this will come a BIG shock to you

Please brace yourself and take a deep breath

NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE

Someone has been paying for the "free" education you were talking about. The problem now is those people are tapped out since the freeloaders sucked them dry

Now the freeloaders are pissed off THEY will have to pay their won way.
So it's not difficult to see how people with a limited economic grasp and understanding can adjust to paying their own way. They will have to go out and earn it

Don't waste your energy on typing a message to me if youre going to be condescending. Thanks.