PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Admiration Thread

typomaniac
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
If you're tired of the endless pissing matches that so often come up, let this be your place of refuge.

The rule on this thread is:

You can ONLY post good things about other DebatePolicy members.

Think of this thread as the exact opposite of the Steel Cage. It's about getting and giving emotional support that most people just don't get enough of.

If you post here, try to learn something about everyone who has already posted in the thread, and try to pay at least one compliment to each of them. You'll feel much better, trust me.

Have an awesome day! :dance:

darin
05-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Why don't you start? :)

maybe we run it like this - Anyone who replies must pointout one positive attribute of the person to whom they are replying?

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Why don't you start? :)

maybe we run it like this - Anyone who replies must pointout one positive attribute of the person to whom they are replying?

I admire dmp's steadfast adherence to his religion. I think he actually lives Christianity unlike many others who act with two faces.

darin
05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I admire dmp's steadfast adherence to his religion. I think he actually lives Christianity unlike many others who act with two faces.

That is perhaps the single best compliment i've ever received. Thank you.

Loser.

j/k

:poke: :poke: :poke: :cheers2:

typomaniac
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
DMP is definitely a "genuine" person, in that you can always be sure he truly believes what he's saying to you. There's a great value in knowing someone when you know where you stand with him.

Hagbard is bright, perceptive, and has a great sardonic wit. I always look forward to his next joke. A guy who knows how the world works and still doesn't let it get him down.

:2up: to both of you.

Typomaniac

loosecannon
05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
that didn't last long

typomaniac
05-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Loose, please respect the rule of this thread, okay? I'm completely serious about it. You're free to make editiorial comments on another thread.

Thanks.

krisy
05-04-2007, 03:06 PM
typo- I genuinely respect that you are making a sincere gesture to calm some of the rhetoric down......

Also,you can be pretty funny sometimes:dance:

5stringJeff
05-04-2007, 06:05 PM
typo- I genuinely respect that you are making a sincere gesture to calm some of the rhetoric down......

Also,you can be pretty funny sometimes:dance:

Krisy is a voice of calm, even when the bullets start to fly around here.

Kathianne
05-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Krisy is a voice of calm, even when the bullets start to fly around here.

Jeff is the forums brain, he's always challenged me! Sometimes I wish we would disagree more, for the very reason that he does challenge.:cool:

Mr. P
05-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Jeff is the forums brain, he's always challenged me! Sometimes I wish we would disagree more, for the very reason that he does challenge.:cool:

Ms. K, the provider of many interesting articles and links. She never sleeps.

Kathianne
05-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Ms. K, the provider of many interesting articles and links. She never sleeps.

Thanks, though the statement no longer hold true, you'll find I sleep plenty. Also I don't think I post many links or articles anymore, more replies. Hugs back though.

typomaniac
05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks, though the statement no longer hold true, you'll find I sleep plenty. Also I don't think I post many links or articles anymore, more replies. Hugs back though.Hey, don't forget to compliment poor Mr. P! :)

Although naturally, anyone who served honorably in the US Armed Forces deserves kudos for that alone. :salute:

Thanks to all of you who contributed so far, but don't forget that you CAN compliment other members besides the one in the last post. Even those who haven't posted.

Good weekend, all. :alcoholic:

Kathianne
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey, don't forget to compliment poor Mr. P! :)

Although naturally, anyone who served honorably in the US Armed Forces deserves kudos for that alone. :salute:

Thanks to all of you who contributed so far, but don't forget that you CAN compliment other members besides the one in the last post. Even those who haven't posted.

Good weekend, all. :alcoholic:

You're correct! He posts the best recipes, bar none.

Nuc
05-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I admire Kathianne because she's always been straight with me and she persevered even when she was getting her butt whupped left and right.

Kathianne
05-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I admire Kathianne because she's always been straight with me and she persevered even when she was getting her butt whupped left and right.

And I Nuc, because I NEVER know if he'll go right or left. I MUST read his posts.

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Here's to the posters who have served this great country: :salute:

No bring this thing to the cage so I can get back to insulting all the libs. :laugh2:

MtnBiker
05-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Good thread topic Typomaniac.

Hobbit
05-04-2007, 10:58 PM
OCA and Pale Rider never mince words. No matter how...distasteful I may find their bluntness, there's never any question as to how they feel on any given issue.

Psychoblues
05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
And here's to you, glockmail!!!!!:cheers2:

Here's to the posters who have served this great country: :salute:

No bring this thing to the cage so I can get back to insulting all the libs. :laugh2:

And, I'm takin' back all that shit I been sayin' about you.

:beer: my friends!!!!!!!

MtnBiker
05-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Psychoblues never fails to amaze me! :cheers2:

Pale Rider
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
that didn't last long

No shit. The VERY FIRST POST, by the board HAG! Sure he gives dmp a compliment, at the expense of TRASHING OTHERS.

REEEEEAAAAAAL good, but oh so typical. Just INCAPABLE of saying ANYTHING without SMARTASS.

OCA and Pale Rider never mince words. No matter how...distasteful I may find their bluntness, there's never any question as to how they feel on any given issue.
Sorry Hobbit. I just can't let crap like the first reply slide. But thank for the compliment. You are one of the few people here I have in my "friends list."

emmett
05-05-2007, 12:55 AM

i hope k won't mind my adding this, yes she did display a unique ability to cope under stressful circumstances. i also have gotten to know her a bit and she is precious beyond what we see here. A concerned, dedicated and determined teacher, a genuine lady, and a good friend.

Psychoblues
05-05-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm not wearing your rose colored glasses, emmett.

i hope k won't mind my adding this, yes she did display a unique ability to cope under stressful circumstances. i also have gotten to know her a bit and she is precious beyond what we see here. A concerned, dedicated and determined teacher, a genuine lady, and a good friend.

But slip into the Cinco De Mayo thread here in the Lounge and have a drink on me.

Samantha
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Typomaniac is a very bright and funny poster and this thread shows how good a heart he has. He's a better man than I! The world needs more good folks like typo.

krisy
05-05-2007, 10:24 AM
This is hard because there are so many people to say nice things about.

jeff-so much to say. he is intelligent,always has a great comeback in a debate,and is plain just nice

How about a lib now....psycho-He makes me lol pretty consistently with some of his witty comments. I also think he is pretty smart,and of course has served:salute: very entertaining

typomaniac
05-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Typomaniac is a very bright and funny poster and this thread shows how good a heart he has. He's a better man than I! The world needs more good folks like typo.But you're a much better woman than I am, Samantha. :D

Thanks so much for the kind words.

typomaniac
05-05-2007, 12:37 PM
No shit. The VERY FIRST POST, by the board HAG! Sure he gives dmp a compliment, at the expense of TRASHING OTHERS.

REEEEEAAAAAAL good, but oh so typical. Just INCAPABLE of saying ANYTHING without SMARTASS.I'll agree with you on one thing, PR: a comment like the one Hagbard made, while true of many self-styled "Christians," is really not necessary to - and doesn't belong on - a thread like this one.

I'm glad that you pointed it out, but going forward I'd hope that you stick to the spirit of the thread and confine yourself to positive comments. It's easy with your best buds, but maybe we all can give ourselves a challenge and compliment someone with whom we usually don't agree.

Fountainhead
05-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks to DMP for defending me against Gabosaurus's insults. I appreciate it.

Nienna
05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Typo... what a SWEET idea for a thread! I wanted to hug you when I saw it! :) Plus, you seem like a pretty intelligent guy.

dmp... you are a DEAR friend, and your help got me through some very rough times.

Hagbard Celine... you have a sharp sarcastic wit, bitingly funny. :)

loosecannon... you bring interesting points to the discussion.

krisy... you are a sweet & sincere person, and I would like to meet you sometime. Plus, I really like your sister-in-law!

Jeff... you have my admiration for your intelligence, your calm, your good morals. You seem like the kind of guy people could always count on.

Kathianne...you are a smart lady, and I have appreciated all the articles you bring to the table. And the caring & concern you showed for my baby niece.

Mr. P...you are just a SWEETIE! A man who cooks, cleans, and knows about hand massages-- what woman could ask for more? Plus, you are very reasonable and bright.

Nuc... you seem to have an open mind, but not so open your brains have fallen out! ;)

Powerman...you were man enough to apologize to me, and I admire that. :)

ABBEY! I wish I was more like you... smart, fun, witty, and altogether a lady, as well as being a good, caring person. :)

Shattered...I would like to learn a thing or two from you, too. You don't take heat from anybody, and you are bright, witty, and know how to appreciate being a girl! ;)

-Cp...you're a man with good morals who takes care of his family. Plus, you're Darin's brother! So bonus points for that. :)

Said1... you always have reasonable comments, and present them in a laid-back fashion that helps move the conversation along.

Hobbit... will you PLEASE wait a few years before marrying and let me introduce you to my daughter? :) You are smart, have good morals, and are not afraid to fight for your beliefs. What a man!

Avatar...I have another daughter! ;) You have great morals, are bright and funny, and seem like a true gentleman.

Wow... I have more on my list, but I have to get some stuff done around the house! :)

manu1959
05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
i like all the members at DP...........except of course those i don't

good thread typo...

Hobbit
05-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Hobbit... will you PLEASE wait a few years before marrying and let me introduce you to my daughter? :) You are smart, have good morals, and are not afraid to fight for your beliefs. What a man!

*sly look* How many years?

Nienna
05-05-2007, 02:24 PM
*sly look* How many years?

Uh-hem....ummm... did I mention I also admire your PATIENCE? :)

She just turned 11 Thursday.

jackass
05-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Jimbo...you try to keep us all happy. Knowing you personally...I dont know how you survive. I see you sitting up in your room cursing your head off...having a cigarette and everything being cool with you again! Hahaha Keep up the good work. I know it aint easy man!

(P.S.)
Where was this patience when we worked together??? :laugh2:

Nienna
05-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Some more...

Manu... You're a funny guy and a good man. You seem like you would be very easy to talk to.

KarlMarx... You always impress me with the well-thought-out presentation of your beliefs.

Eightball... You seem like a good, sincere, and decent man. I enjoy reading your apologetic posts. :)

FuzzyKitten...You add a "mom factor" to the board that makes me feel like I'm in understanding company.

Trigg...Another mom as crazy as I am, having four kids!

Dillo... you are one of my favorite people to "talk" to. I enjoy our deep discussions. :)

Jon... Kudos to you for helping in the creation of an ADORABLE child! I love your pictures, and wish I had your talent.

LiberalNation... I just want to hug you. Don't ask me why.

Sage...you are bright, articulate, and passionate.

Roomy...I read your posts with a British accent--very sexy! lol!

Of course, there are more...

Hobbit
05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Uh-hem....ummm... did I mention I also admire your PATIENCE? :)

She just turned 11 Thursday.

I don't think I can muster up that much patience. Sorry.

krisy
05-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Here's some more form me...

Pale Rider,I really admire your ability to just say what you mean,no bones about it.

OCA,I think your a lot sweeter than people know,and like Pale you say what you mean.

nienna....your just about the nicest person I've ever seen on a message board,and I know your a wonderful mom.....smart too!!

jim,just a sweetie for having this board up for everyone. I also love that you are all for free speech!

shattered...I admire your strength and you prove that there are conservative women that are strong.

dmp,I am willing to bet that most wives would love to have a husband as open as you are.I love your strong faith

Hoobit and avatar....it's too bad there are not more young guys like you two...smart and conservative,with good values

typomaniac
05-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Nienna: A list that long couldn't possibly have been easy to put together. ;) You deserve a big round of applause just for that.

:clap:

5stringJeff
05-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Typo: as has been said before, good idea for a thread! :thumb:

Nienna
05-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Nienna: A list that long couldn't possibly have been easy to put together. ;) You deserve a big round of applause just for that.

:clap:

lol! There's MORE. Just so many great people here! :)

PaleRider: You are like a character out of a novel-- a renegade with a heart of gold who knows how to treat a lady. Or maybe I have an overactive imagination. But that's how you seem to me!

MusicMan: Your cool logic is impressive. You always cut right to the heart of the matter. And you have a wonderful woman. You guys should come around more often so you can see what nice things we write about you!

JackA: you seem like you are a good friend.

Jim: The way you run this board shows your open-mindedness, your willingness to please people, and your dedication.

ClayTaurus: I love looking at your pictures, too. And you seem like you are a very sweet guy.

I know I am probably forgetting people, but 'most everybody has wonderful things inside.

Pale Rider
05-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Pale Rider,I really admire your ability to just say what you mean,no bones about it.

You know what, I'm just going to imagine you look just like the krisy that was on Three's Company years ago. Wow. Thanks.

PaleRider: You are like a character out of a novel-- a renegade with a heart of gold who knows how to treat a lady. Or maybe I have an overactive imagination. But that's how you seem to me!

Wwhhy thank'ya maam. You're right on the money.

I admire a few of the ladies here on this board, and my A-list would be, and in no specific order...

Abbey
Nienna
krisy
Stephanie
Shattered
kathianne
hmmm.....

..if I've forgotten someone, I'll apologize ahead of time. :o

Roomy
05-06-2007, 05:50 AM
I like everyone here for one reason or another, even those that hate me:laugh2: It's all about entertainment and interaction, you all help provide me with plenty of both.:clap:

krisy
05-06-2007, 06:18 AM
oopsy! can't forget dad in law!!!

gaffer,you are strong in your beliefs,full of knowledge,and a great dad in law. Gaffer is the kind of guy that will give you his last 5 bucks if your in need,and he has when times were tight. He has always been good to me as a daughter in law,contary to what some who disagree with him on here may believe,he is very kind.

Nienna
05-06-2007, 08:30 AM
oopsy! can't forget dad in law!!!

gaffer,you are strong in your beliefs,full of knowledge,and a great dad in law. Gaffer is the kind of guy that will give you his last 5 bucks if your in need,and he has when times were tight. He has always been good to me as a daughter in law,contary to what some who disagree with him on here may believe,he is very kind.

I can second that... Gaffer has always asked about my niece. I thought that was extremely kind and caring.

Kathianne
05-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I can second that... Gaffer has always asked about my niece. I thought that was extremely kind and caring.

Nienna and Krisy are both two of the nicest people I've had contact with on the board. Both very loyal and concerned about their families.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you Nienna and Pale for your comments! I can't think of two other people from whom I'd rather hear them.

For two of my favs:http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

Typo: kudos to you for starting the thread. :thumb:

On a slightly different note, these are some of the people I miss seeing on the board. They either just aren't here much these days, or they left altogether:
Musciman
ClayTaurus
DilloDuck
GotZoom
Said1

typomaniac
05-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Typo: as has been said before, good idea for a thread! :thumb:Thank you sir. It's been said that you're the brains of the board, and while I might not go that far, it's clear to me from reading your posts that you're certainly a leading contender for the sharpest knife in these drawers - probably in the top five.

So even when your views don't match mine, it's all good. I like a challenge!
:2up:

typomaniac
05-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey Psychoblues, I'm enjoying your "Daily Threads" here in the Lounge. Please keep them up. :cool:

To those of you who haven't read any of them yet, I encourage you to do so.

Hagbard Celine
05-08-2007, 12:29 PM

REEEEEAAAAAAL good, but oh so typical. Just INCAPABLE of saying ANYTHING without SMARTASS.

Sorry Hobbit. I just can't let crap like the first reply slide. But thank for the compliment. You are one of the few people here I have in my "friends list."

Sorry, I meant it as just a compliment to dmp--what I said about "others" wasn't calling-out anyone in particular.

Pale, what can I say? I admire your spirit. I think you'd fight tooth and nail for your beliefs and I don't think you'd ever let anyone or anything back you down and that, to me, is admirable.

Don't think this changes anything though :finger3:

typomaniac
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry, I meant it as just a compliment to dmp--what I said about "others" wasn't calling-out anyone in particular.

Pale, what can I say? I admire your spirit. I think you'd fight tooth and nail for your beliefs and I don't think you'd ever let anyone or anything back you down and that, to me, is admirable.

Don't think this changes anything though :finger3:You're spot on, Hagbard. PR can drive me bat-shit in a way that very few others can...and coming from me, that's a huge compliment!
:salute:

5stringJeff
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Thank you sir. It's been said that you're the brains of the board, and while I might not go that far, it's clear to me from reading your posts that you're certainly a leading contender for the sharpest knife in these drawers - probably in the top five.

So even when your views don't match mine, it's all good. I like a challenge!
:2up:

Thanks! I'm not online enough to prove my points as much as I'd always like.

typomaniac
05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Pity that someone should have to bump this thread. It should be the most active thread in the lounge. Let go of your venom already, people!