PDA

View Full Version : More from Islam - "The Religion of Peace"

darin
11-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Why mainstream muslims don't denounce this type of thing is beyond me...

...Deadly bombings targeted Christians across Baghdad on Wednesday, killing five and injuring 20. The attacks came a little over a week after the killing of dozens of Christians in an assault on a church in Baghdad.

Whether or not the two women are really being detained against their will is as elusive as the facts surrounding their disappearance. What is known is that both Coptic women fled their husbands and were returned to the church by state security forces. Camilia Shehata was missing for days in July, while Wafaa Constantine took off in 2004. The Coptic Church denies either converted; both are in monasteries.

Neither woman has spoken to the press, setting off rounds of fervent speculation on TV talk shows that struck a nerve with both religious sects in the predominantly Sunni Muslim country. Demonstrations against the Coptic Church continue to rock the northern port city of Alexandria, a stronghold of Islamist groups.

"While the relations between Muslims and Copts have been steadily deteriorating since the 1970s, rhetorically, this is a very serious low point," Adel Iskandar, a media professor at Georgetown University in Washington, wrote in an e-mail to AOL News. "Both the national and independent press have been fanning the flames of tension between Copts and Muslims. Given the recent killings in Iraq, which were motivated by incidents in Egypt, I believe we are already at the boiling point. It is already costing Christian lives in other countries."

More:

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/muslim-christian-tensions-boiling-up-in-egypt/19711249?test=latestnews

jimnyc
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Because the majority agree with the actions, even if they are "peaceful" muslims.

There are literally multiple terror attacks daily by these peaceful muslims.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

muslim deniers and their appeasers can say all they want but the list is there for all to see. There are 3,650 days in a 10 year period - and in that time there have been over 16,000 muslim religious terror attacks. Do the math.

abso
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM

who said that they dont !!!, no muslim at all would agree with killing christians.

as i said before, i invite anyone to visit egypt and see themselfs how we live together in peace.

in the apartment above mine lives a newly married christian couple, my father, mother and brother, they all went to the church and attended the ceremony, we only knew the couple for 2 weeks before they married, and my family went to the church to attend the ceremony.

the church that day was full of muslims, alot of muslims attanded the ceremony, and the bride was the priest's daughter by the way.

so how can you think that the relation between muslims and christians is not good !!!

i dare anyone to find me one statement from official islamic religious institue calling for the death of christians, even Iran will never call for the death of christians.

so again, i invite anyone to visit egypt, and i will explain to him all the issues in his mind about islam, i will introduce him to someone christian and to a muslim women and to anyone else whom he thinks that he\she is being oppressed by the islamic religion.

our Quran told us to treat every human being in a right way specifically christians.

christians were the first people to help our prophet at the begginings of the islamic religion, they hosted him in Al-Madina when he was being oppressed in mekka and had to leave it.

Muhammed told us to respect the christians and always to honor and cherish them, our Quran honored Jesus and mary greatly and Moses too.

so how can you think that its an islamic practice to oppress the christian people ???, if someone decides that he hates christians and do something about it, that has nothing to do at all with the rest of muslims, for me personally, if i ever see a muslim abusing a christian or insulting the christian religion, i will stop him, as i dont accept any insult to the christianity as much as i dont accept any insult to Islam, because respecting christianity and loving jesus is part of me being a muslim and i cant be a muslim without respecting and loving jesus.

darin
11-15-2010, 12:42 PM
ya know, Abso, I know several muslims - and to a man or woman, they are the most loving folk; who display qualities of "love" more than many Christians I've encountered.

Thing is - Large vocal groups of muslims DO advocate killing non-believers.

I'm positive you're among those who are good people, trying to live your life. It seems like, however, when muslims kill people in the name of their faith, you respond as if it's an isolated event. Right?

:(

abso
11-15-2010, 02:04 PM
ya know, Abso, I know several muslims - and to a man or woman, they are the most loving folk; who display qualities of "love" more than many Christians I've encountered.

Thing is - Large vocal groups of muslims DO advocate killing non-believers.

I'm positive you're among those who are good people, trying to live your life. It seems like, however, when muslims kill people in the name of their faith, you respond as if it's an isolated event. Right?

:(

yes, i believe its an isolated event, i dont deny that there are terrorist organizations who believe that they are doing the right thing as muslims.

but none at all is thinking about killing non-believers, if they are killing, then they have other wrong reasons, which inculdes revenge for the american support of israel, and the american interference in the arab world, and iraq and aghanistan wars, those all form the reasons which those terrorist organizations use as an excuse for their misguided actions.

but not even islamic radicals who turn into terrorist believe that they should kill christians or non believers.

and by the way, i have said countless times, that christians is not non-believers, in Islam there are 3 holy religions, Islam, Christianity and judasim, so any muslim or christian or jew is a believer.

a believer in the islamic faith is not the person who believe in Islam, its just the person who believe in GOD.

and even for those to dont believe in GOD, we dont have to harm them, they have their way in life and we have ours, each one choose his own path and at the end only GOD judges him not us, thats what our Quran tell us, we are not to harm people for not being muslims.

and i thank you for believing that i am good person, i really appreciate your opinion.

there are about 1.5 billion muslims, so when about 100 or 200 thousand are terrosits with wrong ideas about their faith, wouldnt you call that a very small percentage which should be treated as isolated event ?

i wouldnt deny that alof of muslims have negative opinions about USA and Israel, but i will deny that they hate christians, they have negative feelings about USA and Israel for their actions and policies, they critisize the system, not the people.

and by alot of muslims i am not talking about arabs, even asian muslims have some negative opinions about USA, even christians in asia have negative opinions about USA and israel, so its not about religion as much as its about politics.

jimnyc
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
as i said before, i invite anyone to visit egypt and see themselfs how we live together in peace.

Why would I want to go to a place where you said someone might get nervous and commit violence towards me if I said I didn't believe in Muhammad? And what if I said even worse about him? Sorry, I prefer to visit places where I can be free to have an opinion without fear of repercussions or death.

As for terror attacks in Egypt, something I would also prefer not to be in the presence of:

http://www.sullivan-county.com/id3/terror_egypt.htm

Abso, maybe you can verify whether or not this list from the early 90's on is at all accurate?

I'll really never understand any murder, but to kill others who you don't even know simply over religion or how you construe that religion, is cowardly and pathetic - and an OVERWHELMING majority of the time they are committed by those of the Islamic faith.

jimnyc
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
there are about 1.5 billion muslims, so when about 100 or 200 thousand are terrosits with wrong ideas about their faith, wouldnt you call that a very small percentage which should be treated as isolated event ?

What does that percentage work out to, Abso? And what percentage would make it high enough for you to see it as more than an isolated event and realize there's a real fucking problem with muslim terrorists?

I can't believe you just wrote that 200,000 terrorists should be treated as an isolated event, or a "small" percentage! First off, ONE is too many. Secondly, look what less than 20 terrorists did on 9/11 - what would 200,000 spread around the world be capable of?

Wake the fuck up, abso, you have an inordinate amount of people in your faith that end up as terrorists, support terrorism, fund terrorism, (and I'll ignore the plethora of human rights violations for now, specifically towards women).

These issues will never be resolved until "peaceful" muslims recognize and admit the issue and work together to rid the earth of the cockroaches within their ranks.

abso
11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Why would I want to go to a place where you said someone might get nervous and commit violence towards me if I said I didn't believe in Muhammad? And what if I said even worse about him? Sorry, I prefer to visit places where I can be free to have an opinion without fear of repercussions or death.

As for terror attacks in Egypt, something I would also prefer not to be in the presence of:

http://www.sullivan-county.com/id3/terror_egypt.htm

Abso, maybe you can verify whether or not this list from the early 90's on is at all accurate?

I'll really never understand any murder, but to kill others who you don't even know simply over religion or how you construe that religion, is cowardly and pathetic - and an OVERWHELMING majority of the time they are committed by those of the Islamic faith.

i said if you insults Muhammed, not just say that you dont believe in him, if you dont believe in him thats your opinion and none will care and none will get nervous over that, but if you insult him, some will get nervous and some will not, i am not saying that everyone will get nervous, its a minority that may get nervous and violent, but i am just saying that this monority does exist.

you are using the terrorist attacks in my country against me !!!, the way i see it, is that i am one who should be annoyed by it, not you !!!, my country suffers from terrorist attacks more often than USA, maybe USA has more death number because of 9/11, but after or before 9/11, egypt had alot more terrorist attacks than USA, so if you think that egyptians agree with terrorism, please think again, if anyone would hate it the most, it will be us, you dont know how hard we are trying to prevent those attacks, we are living in a constant state of "martial law" since 1981 so that we can prevent attacks from happening, we stop alot of attacks but still we cant stop everything.

about me, many people in my family are military officers including my father, and many others are police officers, and state security officers which is equivalent to NSA in america, and a distant relative of mine was the head of the state security few years ago.

so what i am trying to say, that i come from a family that is not related to religious violence at all, and i dont support terrorism in any way, wutever the reason is, political or religious, i dont support any killings for any reason in any place.

you dont have to tell me about the terrorism attacks in egypt, i know very well about them, and that at least should teach you something, that muslims suffers greatly from terrorism as much as you do, in iraq hundreds of muslims dies every week because of terrorism, the iraqi total deaths due to terrorism is alot higher than the deaths of americans in 9/11, so not just USA or christians who suffers from it, we all suffers from the stupid actions of terrorists, and i despise them as much as you do and maybe even more.

What does that percentage work out to, Abso? And what percentage would make it high enough for you to see it as more than an isolated event and realize there's a real fucking problem with muslim terrorists?

I can't believe you just wrote that 200,000 terrorists should be treated as an isolated event, or a "small" percentage! First off, ONE is too many. Secondly, look what less than 20 terrorists did on 9/11 - what would 200,000 spread around the world be capable of?

Wake the fuck up, abso, you have an inordinate amount of people in your faith that end up as terrorists, support terrorism, fund terrorism, (and I'll ignore the plethora of human rights violations for now, specifically towards women).

These issues will never be resolved until "peaceful" muslims recognize and admit the issue and work together to rid the earth of the cockroaches within their ranks.

i never said that its not an issue, i know that its a big issue, do you think that i like what happened in 9/11 ????

as i said, egypt had more terrorism attacks that USA, and iraq had more death numbers due to terrorism than any other country in the world, so why would i say that its not an issue, yes its an issue.

do you think that i am against killing terrorists ??, if america could kill them all then i support it, but i dont want over 1 million innocent dead iraqi's in a useless war under the name of fighting terrorism.

fighting terrorism is done through precise and small operation, done mostly by special forces against groups of terrorists located by any accurate mean, but not by a complete scale war launched against a country which will result in thousands of ponitless deaths.

if i could help in anyway to capture or kill a terrorist, i will gladly do it, i really wish that they all will just disappear, and for the terrorism to stop wutever its religion or reasons.

200,000 was just a number that is very exaggerated, i just said it to say that even if the number is very large like that, its still a very small percentage of the muslims, so you cant accuse all muslims for actions that are done by a very small percentage of them.

but of course if there is 200,000 terrorist, even i or you may not be alive right now.

and by the way, i had a very dear friend that died in a terrorist attack few years ago, so believe me when i say, I HATE TERRORISM MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER DO.

jimnyc
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
i said if you insults Muhammed, not just say that you dont believe in him, if you dont believe in him thats your opinion and none will care and none will get nervous over that, but if you insult him, some will get nervous and some will not, i am not saying that everyone will get nervous, its a minority that may get nervous and violent, but i am just saying that this monority does exist.

you are using the terrorist attacks in my country against me !!!, the way i see it, is that i am one who should be annoyed by it, not you !!!, my country suffers from terrorist attacks more often than USA, maybe USA has more death number because of 9/11, but after or before 9/11, egypt had alot more terrorist attacks than USA, so if you think that egyptians agree with terrorism, please think again, if anyone would hate it the most, it will be us, you dont know how hard we are trying to prevent those attacks, we are living in a constant state of "martial law" since 1981 so that we can prevent attacks from happening, we stop alot of attacks but still we cant stop everything.

about me, many people in my family are military officers including my father, and many others are police officers, and state security officers which is equivalent to NSA in america, and a distant relative of mine was the head of the state security few years ago.

so what i am trying to say, that i come from a family that is not related to religious violence at all, and i dont support terrorism in any way, wutever the reason is, political or religious, i dont support any killings for any reason in any place.

you dont have to tell me about the terrorism attacks in egypt, i know very well about them, and that at least should teach you something, that muslims suffers greatly from terrorism as much as you do, in iraq hundreds of muslims dies every week because of terrorism, the iraqi total deaths due to terrorism is alot higher than the deaths of americans in 9/11, so not just USA or christians who suffers from it, we all suffers from the stupid actions of terrorists, and i despise them as much as you do and maybe even more.

All you did was prove my point. That WAS my point - why would I ever want to visit Egypt if there are so many terror attacks there? Why would I visit there if I voiced my opinion and may be met with violence as a result?

Abso, stop playing the victim. Many have acknowledged on this board that we feel you are a nice and peaceful muslim. So please stop acting like us bad Americans are picking on you. We are picking on the fact that almost all terror attacks are committed by muslims. We are picking on the fact that the muslims who speak out against other muslims committing these acts are in the minority, and even moreso when it comes to their leaders.

These are the facts, that you take personally, but I simply point out as facts:

Not all muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are muslim

thereligionofpeace.com and the amount of terror attacks that continue in the name of allah on a daily basis.

The failure of the muslim people to denounce this violence and work against it (both terrorism and human rights violations). You make it sound as if there are 1.5 billion muslims in the world and that it's a tiny amount that are with terrorism - then why isn't the majority speaking out more, getting more involved with those hunting terrorists and having their leaders speak to the world about all of this violence and human rights issues? Surely if the terrorists are such a small amount that it should be considered an "isolated event" - then the majority of muslims should be able to denounce their actions and bring them to justice.

The human rights violations. Do I really need to touch this one? Yes, I know you aren't involved. Yes, I know you believe differently. But that won't change the fact that the human rights violations committed by muslims worldwide is sickening, especially towards women. And again, if they are the minority, then the majority should be speaking out against it and stopping it). And yes, I know YOU denounce it, but the Billion plus people you speak of who are peaceful don't seem to be saying the same as you, or saying anything at all.

jimnyc
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
200,000 was just a number that is very exaggerated, i just said it to say that even if the number is very large like that, its still a very small percentage of the muslims, so you cant accuse all muslims for actions that are done by a very small percentage of them.

but of course if there is 200,000 terrorist, even i or you may not be alive right now.

Honesty? I think it's probably higher than that. But to be fair, I think the majority are probably just perverting the religion at this point and have yet to actually commit murder in the name of religion. But just being a part of these groups/gangs makes them terrorists spouting their fear. Most of them also tend to give about 2 shits about other humans and their rights.

SassyLady
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
In my opinion, a terrorist isn't just someone who blows up other people. A terrorist is someone who terrorizes others.....just telling people we have the right to kill you if you insult our religious leader(s) is an act of terrorism. So, until those 1.5 billion "peaceful muslims" quit getting on the bandwagon and reinforcing the "we will kill you if you insult us"....then they, too, are terrorists.

abso
11-16-2010, 12:24 AM
In my opinion, a terrorist isn't just someone who blows up other people. A terrorist is someone who terrorizes others.....just telling people we have the right to kill you if you insult our religious leader(s) is an act of terrorism. So, until those 1.5 billion "peaceful muslims" quit getting on the bandwagon and reinforcing the "we will kill you if you insult us"....then they, too, are terrorists.

when exactly did i say that its okay to threaten anyone ???

and how exactly do you say that 1.5 billion muslims all agree to kill whoever insult Islam ???

only a terrorist would kill someone for insulting his religion, and those are a very small monority within the muslims.

i agree with you on the defenetion of terrorism, yes its not just about killing someone, its also about threatening him to do it, but i dont agree with what you are meaning, which is that the 1.5 billion muslims are okay with threatening anyone who insults their religion.

abso
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM
All you did was prove my point. That WAS my point - why would I ever want to visit Egypt if there are so many terror attacks there? Why would I visit there if I voiced my opinion and may be met with violence as a result?

Abso, stop playing the victim. Many have acknowledged on this board that we feel you are a nice and peaceful muslim. So please stop acting like us bad Americans are picking on you. We are picking on the fact that almost all terror attacks are committed by muslims. We are picking on the fact that the muslims who speak out against other muslims committing these acts are in the minority, and even moreso when it comes to their leaders.

These are the facts, that you take personally, but I simply point out as facts:

Not all muslims are terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are muslim

thereligionofpeace.com and the amount of terror attacks that continue in the name of allah on a daily basis.

The failure of the muslim people to denounce this violence and work against it (both terrorism and human rights violations). You make it sound as if there are 1.5 billion muslims in the world and that it's a tiny amount that are with terrorism - then why isn't the majority speaking out more, getting more involved with those hunting terrorists and having their leaders speak to the world about all of this violence and human rights issues? Surely if the terrorists are such a small amount that it should be considered an "isolated event" - then the majority of muslims should be able to denounce their actions and bring them to justice.

The human rights violations. Do I really need to touch this one? Yes, I know you aren't involved. Yes, I know you believe differently. But that won't change the fact that the human rights violations committed by muslims worldwide is sickening, especially towards women. And again, if they are the minority, then the majority should be speaking out against it and stopping it). And yes, I know YOU denounce it, but the Billion plus people you speak of who are peaceful don't seem to be saying the same as you, or saying anything at all.

is that whats the debate about !!! visiting egypt or not ???

i am not doing some sort of tourism publicist here, i am just saying that if someone is interested, then i will show him the real muslims and their life and their treatment to women and their relation with christians.

but if you dont like egypt or just afraid to visit it, then it doesnt matter, there are muslims in many other places in the world too, you can always talk to them to find out about anything you want.

and i didnt say that if you voice your opinion you will surely get harmed, i only said its a probability, i had to be honest, that the probability exists.

and if i visited USA and said my opinion about it, i might be harmed by someone who loves it so much, there are always radical people in every religion and every country and you never know when will you be around them.

and i am really starting to think that you are running a publicity campaign for (thereligionofpeace.com) which is a biased site didicated only to hating Islam, please try to find a moderate site.

i agree that the majority of terrorists are muslims, and maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are the ones suffering from the american and israelian occupation, the political reasons are always the cause for terrorism.

you may say that terrorist organizations just kill in the name of religion, i agree, they do that, but do you really think that all its members care that much about religion, or even think that they should kill for religion ???

most of its members are people who suffered from american or israelian army in palestine or iraq or afghanistan, maybe his mother died, or father or wife or anything, many reasons could turn someone to vengence, i am not saying that they are right, but i am just saying that not their main reason is religion.

even osama bin laden, as misguided as he is, but he never said that he hates christians, or that he started a war against christianity, he has problems with USA as a country, not as a religion, because as far as i know, USA is not a religion, he may say that islam allows him to do it, in the name of jihad or wutever stupid reason he invents, but the fact is, he is not having a war with christianity, he is having a war against USA as a government, he just considers himself as another country which is at war with USA.

i dont agree with any terrorist at all, i dont agree with any killing of any human being wutever the reason are, religious or political, it doesnt matter, its all murders to me and should be punished.

but i also have my opinion, that if USA stops interfering in the arab world, and withdraw all its troops from the region, and stop blindly supporting israel and try to be more moderate, then all its problems with those terrorists would be over, because if they want to attack christians, they would be attacking vatican, not USA, they are just having misguided revenge against USA.

i believe that terrorists should all be brought to justice and most of them should be killed for what they did, but i also believe that USA should change its policy in ME and try to be moderate so that it doesnt gain more enemies than it already has.

i have thought about it many times, and i never found any interest that USA might have in ME, maybe the oil, but that doesnt require the presence of its army in the area, a presence that would triger the anger in many radicals all over the world, so why is that presence, why is the blind support !!!

many people will say that i support terrosim by what i say, but i actually dont, as i said before egypt is suffering from terrorism as much as USA, because Egypt is some sort of an ally to USA in ME, and that makes it a target to terrorist who are angry at USA.

abso
11-16-2010, 12:59 AM

about terrorist attacks in egypt, they are not that much as you think, when i said alot more than USA, its because USA has never had a direct terrorism operation on its soil before 9/11, and it never had another attack, while in egypt there are attack or two every three years.

of course i didnt mean by saying that egypt has more attacks than usa is that there are one attack every month, its just attack every two years at most.

and i thank you for acknowledging that i am not involving in any radical behaviour of any sort, i appreciate that.

and about what you say, thats exactly why i invited anyone to visit egypt, to see himself that the absolute majority rejects and denounces the violence and they never treat women in the way you think.

SassyLady
11-16-2010, 02:23 AM
when exactly did i say that its okay to threaten anyone ???

and how exactly do you say that 1.5 billion muslims all agree to kill whoever insult Islam ???

only a terrorist would kill someone for insulting his religion, and those are a very small monority within the muslims.

i agree with you on the defenetion of terrorism, yes its not just about killing someone, its also about threatening him to do it, but i dont agree with what you are meaning, which is that the 1.5 billion muslims are okay with threatening anyone who insults their religion.

abso ... tell me what you are doing to convince the extremists in your religion that it is not OK to threaten jihad every time someone disagrees with your religion?

You keep saying that not all muslims are terrorists.....frankly, I'm tired and bored with all your explanations .... you are spending time and energy trying to convince the people on this board that we are wrong to think muslims are terrorists.

Why not spend that time and energy convincing the extremists in your religion (imams) to change their message? Quit trying to convince us that because of YOUR inaction (refraining from terrorism) we should believe all muslims are peace lovers. Instead, take action against the extremists....I believe that is the only way your religion is going to be able to change the minds of the western world about muslims. YOU, and other muslims like you, need to step up and stop the terrorists.

This man is doing that ....

http://www.neontommy.com/sites/default/files/uploads/jasser2_0.JPG

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2010/10/american-muslim-leader-opposed-ground-zero-mosque

SassyLady
11-16-2010, 02:27 AM
about terrorist attacks in egypt, they are not that much as you think, when i said alot more than USA, its because USA has never had a direct terrorism operation on its soil before 9/11, and it never had another attack, while in egypt there are attack or two every three years.

Do you not remember the first bombing of the Twin Towers in 1993? I do believe that was on American soil.

And, American citizens and property have been attacked by terrorists all over the world, not just here.

Pagan
11-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Do you not remember the first bombing of the Twin Towers in 1993? I do believe that was on American soil.

And, American citizens and property have been attacked by terrorists all over the world, not just here.

Yep, just like the Olympic bombing, Oklahoma bombing, Unibomber, KKK Cross burnings, Clinic Bombings, Drive by shootings, ,etc. etc.

Oh yeah, forgot, only Muslims are terrorists ....

SassyLady
11-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Yep, just like the Olympic bombing, Oklahoma bombing, Unibomber, KKK Cross burnings, Clinic Bombings, Drive by shootings, ,etc. etc.

Yeah...I sometimes wonder why people only remember 9/11.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 06:59 AM
I wanted to reiterate one of my points since that post was lost last night in the downtime...

Abso - you told me to stop referring to the http://www.thereligionofpeace.com website as you state it's not moderate enough. In my last post, I stated that the only thing I am referencing from this site is the list of terror attacks, which ANYONE can disprove, but you would rather ignore the statistics than face them and acknowledge the disgustingly high amount of Islamic terror attacks.

So no, I won't stop referencing a site that displays facts you don't want to hear about.

Nukeman
11-17-2010, 07:17 AM

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/2144/original/fry.jpg?1241737701

You forget how vocal "Christians" are against this type of action... Or are you purposefully being obtuse just to get a rise out of everyone?????

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 07:22 AM
You forget how vocal "Christians" are against this type of action... Or are you purposefully being obtuse just to get a rise out of everyone?????

I replied to that tripe yesterday but figured it wasn't worth me typing a second time.

NO ONE ever stated there aren't nutcases in every religion and in every corner of the world - BUT - NONE of them come even REMOTELY close to the amount in Islam - which is what THIS thread is about.

Nukeman
11-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I replied to that tripe yesterday but figured it wasn't worth me typing a second time.

NO ONE ever stated there aren't nutcases in every religion and in every corner of the world - BUT - NONE of them come even REMOTELY close to the amount in Islam - which is what THIS thread is about.
Ohh I hear yaa brother!!! People like Pagan like to throw that out everytime something happens they forget for every ONE occurence by a supposed Christian there are litteraly hundreds if not thousands of acts performed by supposed Muslims.....

With the number involved how can a "moderate" Muslim claim that it is a fringe group doing all this, by their rational there should be more terrorist acts perfomed by Chritians since there are purported to be 2.1 billion of them that is 6 hundred million more than Muslims so we should be out performing them in the terrorist catagory shoudn't we....

Here is the link to the number of adherents of the major religions in the world.....

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

darin
11-17-2010, 07:58 AM

Why do you do that?

By a VAST majority, terrorists today are Muslim. When was the last time you heard of a non-muslim terror attack?

Here's a year's worth of "today in Terrorism History" from the US Counterterrorism Calendar. How many of these are Islamic Terrorists...how many are otherwise?

1 Jan:
2009, India: Serial explosions in Guwahati kill five and injure 67; United Liberation Front of Asom
believed responsible
2001, Israel: HAMAS suicide car bomb wounds 54 in Netanya

2 Jan:
2008, Algeria: Bomb attack on police station in Naciria kills four, wounds more than 20; al-Qa‘ida in the Lands
of the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility

5 Jan:
2003, Israel: Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade’s simultaneous suicide attacks kill 23, wound 107
1996, Gaza Strip: HAMAS bomb maker Yahya Ayyash (“The Engineer”) killed by booby-trapped cell p

9 Jan:
2001, Colombia: Army rescues 56 hostages from ELN; group captures 15 more and kills one

12 Jan:
2007, Greece: Rocket-propelled grenade attack against US Embassy in Athens, no injuries reported;
Revolutionary Struggle claims responsibility

14 Jan:
2004, Gaza Strip: First female HAMAS suicide bomber kills four, wounds 10 at Erez Crossing

17 Jan:
1996, US: Umar ‘Abd al-Rahman (the “Blind Shaykh”) sentenced to life in prison for his role in 1993 World
Trade Center bombing

18 Jan:
1982, Lebanon: Malcolm Kerr, American University president, assassinated in Beirut; Islamic Jihad claims responsibility

21 Jan:
2003, Kuwait: Gunman ambushes vehicle near Camp Doha, killing one US contractor and wounding another

23 Jan:
2002, Pakistan: Extremists kidnap and later kill US journalist Daniel Pearl
2001, Yemen: Hijacking of Yemeni flight with 91 passengers, including US Ambassador; hijacker captured and
passengers safely released

24 Jan:
1987, Lebanon: Jesse Turner, Alan Steen, Robert Polhill, Mithileshwar Singh kidnapped in Beirut

25 Jan:
1993, US: Mir Amal Kansi kills two and wounds three outside CIA Headquarters in McLean, Virginia

27 Jan:
2003, Afghanistan: Armed militants attack UN convoy, kill two security officer escorts
2002, Israel: Fatah female suicide bomber kills one and wounds more than 150 in Jerusalem

29 Jan:
2008, Pakistan: Abu Layth al-Libi, al-Qa‘ida senior military commander and spokesperson, killed
2004, Israel: Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade bus bomb in Jerusalem kills 11, wounds 50

1 Feb:
2004, Iraq: Ansar al-Sunna attacks Kurdistan Democratic Party and Patriotic Union of Kurdistan facilities, kills 117 and wounds 221
2001, Ecuador: US hostage Ron Sanders found shot to death

6 Feb:
2004, Russia: Unknown group detonates explosives in Moscow Metro, killing 40 and wounding 122
2000, United Kingdom: Ariana Afghan Air flight hijacked; 20 hostages released unharmed; hijackers surrender on 10 February

7 Feb:
1991, United Kingdom: Attack on No. 10 Downing Street; mortar rounds fired at Prime Minister John Major’s
residence injure three; PIRA responsible

9 Feb:
2009, Sri Lanka: LTTE female suicide bomber kills 28, wounds 90 in Vishvamadu

13 Feb:
2000, Colombia: FARC, ELN stage attacks, kill 12, kidnap 16

14 Feb:
2005, Lebanon: Former Prime Minister Rafiq al-Hariri is assassinated by car bomb in Beirut; UN investigation in
October finds Syria responsible

18 Feb:
2002, Israel: Policeman killed by suicide bomber; al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade claims responsibility

20 Feb:
2003, Saudi Arabia: Gunman ambushes car at stoplight, killing UK citizen; Yemen-born naturalized Saudi
later arrested

21 Feb:
2004, Uganda: Lord’s Resistance Army attacks refugee camp in northern region, killing 239 and wounding 60
1970, Israel: PFLP-GC bombing of Swissair jet kills 47

22 Feb:
2006, Iraq: Destruction of al-Askari (Golden Dome) Mosque in Samarra‘ triggers retaliatory attacks that kill
nearly 400 in subsequent week; al-Qa‘ida in Iraq claims responsibility for attack
2004, Israel: Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade bus bombing in Jerusalem kills eight, wounds 72

23 Feb:
2002, Colombia: Politician Ingrid Betancourt and three US military contractors—Marc Gonsalves,
Thomas Howes, and Keith Stansell—kidnapped by FARC
1998, Worldwide: Usama Bin Ladin and al-Qa‘ida issue fatwa urging the murder of Americans wherever they
are found

25 Feb:
1996, Israel: HAMAS bombs buses in Jerusalem, killing 28 and wounding 80
1994, Israel: Massacre of 39 Arab worshipers at Tomb of the Patriarchs

26 Feb:
1993, US: World Trade Center bombed, six killed and 1,000 injured

27 Feb:
2007, Afghanistan: Suicide attack on Bagram Air Base during visit by Vice President Cheney, killing 23 and
injuring 20
1980, Colombia: M-19 seizes Dominican Embassy, holds 20 ambassadors and 65 others hostage; last hostage
released 21 April

28 Feb:
2005, Iraq: Two vehicle-bomb attacks kill more than 160 Iraqis; al-Zarqawi group claims responsibility
1985, United Kingdom: PIRA kills nine police officers in mortar attack

1 Mar:
2003, Pakistan: Khalid Shaykh Muhammad is arrested; planned 9/11 attacks in US
2001, United Kingdom: 21 groups banned under new terrorism law; LTTE office first to be closed

3 Mar:
2009, Pakistan: Six security personnel killed in attack on Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore
2007, Algeria: AQIM bombs convoy carrying Russian workers, killing seven and wounding five
2004, Pakistan: Unknown group bombs Shia Muslim parade in Quetta, killing 47 and wounding 120
2003, Philippines: MILF explodes bomb hidden in backpack in a crowded terminal, killing 21 including
one US citizen, and injuring 146 others

4 Mar:
1999, Turkey: Suspected PKK suicide bomber kills three in Batman

5 Mar:
2003, Israel: HAMAS suicide bomber explodes bomb aboard bus, killing 15, including one US citizen, and
injuring 40 others
2002, Jerusalem: Bomb explodes inside Arab schoolyard, injuring eight; Avengers of the Infants claims responsibility
1998, Sri Lanka: Bus bomb kills 37 and wounds more than 250; LTTE blamed

6 Mar:
2008, Israel: Eight students killed in attack on yeshiva in Jerusalem; HAMAS claims responsibility
2007, Iraq: Suicide bombers detonate themselves in a crowd of Shia pilgrims in Al Hillah, killing 120 pilgrims and
injuring 190
1999, Venezuela: Bodies of three US peace activists found; FARC responsible

7 Mar:
1999, Bangladesh: Two bombs kill 10 and wound 75 at political meeting; Bin Ladin-backed Harakat-ul-Jihad
Suspected

8 Mar:
1995, Pakistan: Gunmen kill two US diplomats and wound one in Karachi

9 Mar:
2004, Turkey: Two suicide bombers in Istanbul kill two, wound six; Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigade claims
responsibility
2002, Israel: Suicide bomb kills 11 and injures 25 inside a crowded Jerusalem cafe; HAMAS claims responsibility

10 Mar:
2000, Sri Lanka: LTTE conducts suicide motorcade ambush; 29 killed, 70 wounded

11 Mar:
2004, Spain: Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigade claims responsibility for four bombs on Madrid trains, killing 198, wounding 600
1999, Colombia: FARC founders Miguel Pascua and Commandante Oscar killed during raid in Cali

12 Mar:
1993, India: Bomb attacks leave 250 dead, 700 wounded; Pakistan denies responsibility

16 Mar:
1988, Iraq: Iraqi forces attack Halabja residents with chemical weapons
1985, Lebanon: US journalist Terry Anderson kidnapped
1984, Lebanon: US official William Buckley seized, later killed by Hizballah

17 Mar:
1992, Argentina: Car bomb destroys Israeli Embassy, killing 28 and wounding 220; Lebanese Hizballah
claims responsibility

19 Mar:
2007, Afghanistan: Suicide bomber attacks US Embassy convoy, wounding two officials and one Afghan child;
Taliban claim responsibility

21 Mar:
2002, Israel: Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade suicide bomber detonates bomb in crowd of shoppers in Jerusalem;
three killed, 86 injured

24 Mar:
2003, India: Armed militants dressed in military uniforms kill 24

27 Mar:
2009, Pakistan: At least 50 worshipers killed and 100 injured as suicide bomber strikes mosque in Jamrud, near
Afghan border; no immediate claim of responsibility
2007, Iraq: Two truck bombs target Shia areas of Tal Afar, killing 152 and injuring 347
2002, Israel: 29 people killed and 140 injured by suicide bomber attack on hotel during Passover seder;
HAMAS claims responsibility
2001, Algeria: Abdelmajid Dahoumane arrested for role in plot to attack Los Angeles International Airport on
31 December 1999

30 Mar:
2009, Pakistan: Eight security personnel killed in attack on police academy near Lahore; second major attack on
security forces within month
2002, Israel: Suicide bombing kills one and injures 30 in Tel Aviv; al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade claims responsibility

31 Mar:
2002, Israel: Suicide bomber strikes restaurant in Haifa, killing 15 people and injuring more than 40; HAMAS
claims responsibility

2 Apr:
2003, Philippines: JI explodes bomb on crowded passenger wharf, killing 16 and injuring 55
2001, Gaza: PIJ official Muhammad ‘Abd al-Il‘al killed in Israeli rocket attack
1986, Bomb explodes on TWA flight 840, killing four and wounding nine; Hawari group blamed

4 Apr:
1986, West Germany: La Belle disco bombed, killing three and wounding 200; Libya responsible

7 Apr:
1998, Greece: Rocket attack damages US Citibank and other buildings; 17 November claims responsibility on
9 April 2001

10 Apr:
2002, Israel: HAMAS suicide bomber kills eight, wounds 22 in bus attack

12 Apr:
2002, Israel: Suicide bomber kills six, injures 104 in Jerusalem; al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade responsible

18 Apr:
1983, Lebanon: Car bomb explodes in front of US Embassy, killing 63 and wounding over 100;
Hizballah responsible

19 Apr:
1995, US: Truck bomb explodes at Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 and injuring
hundreds; Timothy McVeigh found guilty, executed 11 June 2001

21 Apr:
2004, Iraq: Suicide attackers detonate five car bombs in Basra, killing 73 and wounding 20
2004, Saudi Arabia: Unknown terrorist car-bombs Riyadh police headquarters, killing 10 and wounding 125

22 Apr:
1997, Peru: Four-month hostage situation at Japanese Ambassador’s residence ends with 17 dead, 71 freed;
MRTA responsible

25 Apr:
2008, Sri Lanka: Parcel bomb explodes on commuter bus in Piliyandala, killing 26 and injuring 64; LTTE blamed
2003, India: Bomb explodes at courthouse, killing three and injuring 34 others

30 Apr:
2003, Israel: Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade suicide bomber attacks Tel Aviv pub, killing three and injuring 64 others,
including one US citizen

7 May:
2007, US: Authorities disrupt plot to attack Fort Dix military base in New Jersey
2004, Pakistan: Unknown suicide bomber attacks historic mosque, killing 15 and wounding 96
2002, Israel: Suicide bomber at club in Tel Aviv kills 15 and injures 55; HAMAS responsible

8 May:
2004, Russia: Chechen Republic President Kadyrov is killed at stadium in Groznyy when remotely detonated
explosive kills 10, wounds 56
1985, Spain: Firebombing of US Citibank and Xerox buildings

10 May:
2002, Russia: Remote-control mine rips through Victory Day parade in Dagestan, leaving 41 dead; Chechen
separatists suspected

12 May:
2001, Spain: ETA car bomb in central Madrid wounds 14 on eve of Basque vote

13 May:
2008, India: Seven near-simultaneous blasts in Jaipur kill more than 60; Indian Mujahidin claims responsibility
2003, Saudi Arabia: Al-Qa‘ida bombs the Vinnell, al-Hamra, and Ishbilyah housing compounds, killing seven
US citizens and 13 others; another 194 wounded
1981, Italy: Mehmet Ali Agca attempts assassination of Pope John Paul II

16 May:
2003, Morocco: Al-Sirat al-Mustaqim members conduct near-simultaneous explosive attacks at five locations in
Casablanca, killing 42 and injuring 100

21 May:
2004, Bangladesh: Newly appointed British High Commissioner critically injured in blast by unknown group;
three killed, 100 wounded
2002, Peru: Car bomb detonates outside US Embassy, killing nine Peruvians; Shining Path suspected
1991, India: Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi and several others killed by female LTTE suicide bomber

22 May:
2004, Colombia: Bomb explodes in crowded disco in Apartado, killing six, wounding 82; FARC suspected
2001, Philippines: ASG rebels raid beach resort on Samal Island, killing two and wounding three

25 May:
2001, Israel: HAMAS and PIJ detonate two bombs at bus station on anniversary of Israeli pullout from Lebanon
in 2000, killing the three suicide attackers and injuring 45 Israelis

27 May:
2009, Pakistan: Attack on security facilities in Lahore using car bomb, grenades, and firearms kills at least 30,
wounds more than 250; Taliban claim responsibility
2001, Philippines: ASG kidnaps 20, including three Americans—Martin and Gracia Burnham and Guillermo
Sobero—in raid on Dos Palmas Resort off Palawan Island

28 May:
2009, Pakistan: Second day of attacks, this time in Peshawar, kills 13, including several policemen; Taliban
claim responsibility
1997, Greece: Shipowner Constantinos Peratikos slain in ambush by 17 November
1964, Colombia: Founding of Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)

30 May:
2001, Japan: Japanese Red Army founder, Fusako Shigenobu, announces JRA dissolution, regrouping as
legal organization
1972, Israel: Three members of Japanese Red Army, acting on behalf of PFLP, kill 24 and wound 78 in attack on
(now) Ben Gurion International Airport

1 June:
2004, Iraq: Unknown group explodes car bomb in front of Patriotic Union of Kurdistan’s office, killing 25 and
wounding many more
2001, Israel: HAMAS claims responsibility for Tel Aviv disco suicide bomb that kills 20 and wounds 120

5 June:
2002, Israel: Car packed with explosives rams bus, killing 17 and injuring 38; Islamic Jihad responsible
2001, Sri Lanka: LTTE attack on army camp kills 10

6 June:
2003, Afghanistan: Taxi rigged with explosives rams into a bus carrying German peacekeepers in Kabul, killing
five and injuring 29; al-Qa‘ida probably responsible
2001, Canada: Bomb maker Singh Reyat charged in 1985 Air India bombing and jailed in Japan

7 June:
2006, Iraq: Abu Mus‘ab al-Zarqawi, leader of al-Qa‘ida in Iraq, killed in Coalition raid
2002, Philippines: Missionary Martin Burnham killed during gun battle between Philippine Government troops
and Abu Sayyaf Group captors
2000, Sri Lanka: LTTE suicide bomber kills 22 and wounds 60 during War Heroes procession

8 June:
24 Jumada al-Akhirah
2001, India: Four killed and 50 wounded in grenade attack on Kashmir mosque by unknown attacker
2000, Greece: British Attaché, Brigadier Stephen Saunders, killed in ambush; 17 November claims responsibility

9 June:
25 Jumada al-Akhirah
2009, Pakistan: Truck bomb attack on Pearl Continental Hotel in Peshawar kills 18, injures at least 50;
little‑known group Abdullah Azzam Shaheed Brigade claims responsibility
1997, Egypt: Suspected leader of al-Gama‘at al-Islamiyya, Mustafa Abu-Rawwash, killed in Cairo;
40 members arrested

14 June:
1985, Greece: Two Hizballah members hijack TWA flight 847 and murder US Navy diver, Robert Stethem,
in Beirut; other hostages released, hijackers escape

17 June:
2004, Iraq: Abu Mus‘ab al-Zarqawi extremists bomb Iraqi army recruitment center, killing 35 and wounding 138

18 June:
2002, Israel: Suicide bomber detonates explosives on bus; 19 killed and 74 wounded; Islamic Jihad
claims responsibility

19 June:
2002, Israel: Seven killed, 37 injured by a suicide bomber at bus stop; al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
claims responsibility

23 June:
2009, Mauritania: American Christopher Leggett killed in Nouakchott; AQIM claim of responsibility cites
“Christianizing activities”
1985, Canada: Bomb explodes on Air India flight 182, killing 329; Sikhs Ripudaman Singh Malik and
Ajaib Singh Bagri held responsible and captured on 28 October 2001

24 June:
2009, Iraq: More than 70 people killed, 100 injured in bombing of market in Baghdad’s Sadr City; no claim
of responsibility

27 June:
2004, Iraq: Car bombs explode in Al Hillah, killing 40 and wounding 22
1994, Japan: Sarin gas attack kills seven and wounds 600 in Matsumoto; Aum Shinrikyo responsible
1976, Greece: Air France flight hijacked by PFLP; two hostages and one hijacker are killed

29 June:
2007, United Kingdom: Two car bombs safely dismantled in London

30 June:
2007, United Kingdom: Burning vehicle driven into Glasgow airport; Iraqi doctors, others, arrested in this and
29 June 2007 attempted car bombing

1 July:
2006, Iraq: Car bomb attack kills more than 60 in Baghdad market

4 July:
1995, India: Al-Faran guerrillas kidnap two UK citizens and two US citizens in Kashmir
1976, Uganda: Israelis raid Entebbe, rescue 246 hijacked hostages; two hostages and one hijacker killed

6 July:
2004, Iraq: Ansar al-Sunna suicide car bombs in Khalis kill 14, wound 37
2002, Afghanistan: Vice President Haji Abdul Qadir assassinated by unknown gunman

7 July:
2005, United Kingdom: Three near-simultaneous bombs on London transportation system, followed by another
bombing less than an hour later, kill more than 50, wound over 700; al-Qa‘ida later claims responsibility
1998, Algeria: GIA leader in Algiers, Khalifi Athmane, among 11 rebels killed by government

10 July:
2001, Spain: ETA car bomb attack kills one and wounds 12 in Madrid

11 July:
2006, India: Synchronized blasts on the Mumbai rail system kill nearly 200 and injure 900;
LT believed responsible
1988, Greece: Attack on island ferry City of Poros kills nine and wounds dozens; ANO responsible

13 July:
1991, Japan: Hiroshi Igarashi, Japanese translator of The Satanic Verses, assassinated by unknown gunman

16 July:
2002, Ireland: IRA issues unprecedented apology for all previous casualties
2000, Japan: Two Aum Shinrikyo members sentenced to death for sarin gas attack

17 July:
2009, Indonesia: Near-simultaneous bombings of JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels in Jakarta kill nine and
injure more than 50; Noordin Top and Jemaah Islamiya strongly suspected
2002, Greece: Police arrest Alexandros Giotopoulos, leader and founder of 17 November

18 July:
1994, Argentina: Buenos Aires Jewish Community Center bombed, killing 85; Hizballah responsible

19 July:
2004, Iraq: Fuel tanker driven into Baghdad police station, killing nine and wounding 50

24 July:
2001, Sri Lanka: LTTE attack on international airport and adjoining air force base kills 18, wounds 12, and
damages 24 aircraft

26 July:
2008, India: Seventeen bombings of civilian targets in Ahmedabad kill close to 50 and wound 100; Indian
Mujahidin claims responsibility

27 July:
2008, Turkey: Bombs kill 17 and wound more than 150 in Istanbul; Kongra-Gel denies involvement
2001, Spain: Bomb outside of Barcelona bank wounds three; GRAPO suspected

28 July:
2008, Iraq: Female suicide bombers attack Shia pilgirms in Baghdad and Kurdish demonstrators in Kirkuk;
more than 50 killed in bombings and clashes prompted by the attacks
2004, Iraq: Al-Zarqawi group bombings in Baquba kill 70, wound more than 100

30 July:
2001, Spain: Former ETA leader Francisco Garmendia and Lt. Jose Erostrabe sentenced to 1,000 years each
1997, Israel: Double suicide attack kills 16 and wounds 150 in Jerusalem; HAMAS responsible

1 Aug:
2000, India: Suspected Islamic militants in Kashmir kill Hindu pilgrims on way to shrine; 102 killed and dozens
wounded in this attack and subsequent attacks on villages

2 Aug:
2003, Iraq: Car bomb explodes in front of Jordanian Embassy in Baghdad, killing 19 and injuring 50
1990, Iraq: Invasion of Kuwait begins Monday

3 Aug:
2001, United Kingdom: RIRA car bomb wounds six near London railway station
1998, Colombia: ELN and FARC coordinate attacks that kill dozens of soldiers and civilians Tuesday

4 Aug:
2002, Israel: Bus bombing kills 10 and wounds more than 40 passengers; HAMAS claims responsibility
2001, Philippines: Soldiers rescue 13 hostages after ASG beheads 10 of 23 kidnapped on 2 August Wednesday

5 Aug:
2009, Pakistan: TTP leader Baitullah Mahsud killed in missile strike, according to Pakistani official and later
confirmed by group spokesmen; Mahsud responsible for many high-profile attacks including assassination
of Benazir Bhutto in 2007
2003, Indonesia: Car bomb explodes in front of Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, killing 13 and injuring 149;
JI responsible

6 Aug:
2002, India: Suicide bomber attacks Hindu pilgrims near Pahalgam, killing nine and wounding 32
1991, France: Former Iranian Prime Minister Shapur Bakhtiar and his assistant assassinated in Paris Friday

7 Aug:
1998, Kenya and Tanzania: Twin blasts at US Embassies kill 224, including 12 US citizens; 5,000 injured in
Nairobi and 72 in Dar es Salaam; al-Qa‘ida responsible

9 Aug:
2002, Pakistan: Grenade blast kills four and injures 20 at Christian missionary hospital in Islamabad

10 Aug:
2006, United Kingdom: Police disrupt plot to attack planes flying to United States, arrest more than 20;
al‑Qa‘ida suspected
1987, Greece: 17 November detonates bomb near bus carrying US airmen; 10 injured

12 Aug:
2001, Israel: Suicide bomb attack in restaurant near Haifa kills the bomber and wounds 20; Palestine Islamic
Jihad suspected

15 Aug:
2007, Iraq: At least 400 killed, hundreds injured in four truck-bomb explosions in remote northern desert
2001, India: Bomb attack wounds 18 in Handwara, Kashmir; LT claims responsibility

19 Aug:
2008, Pakistan: Suicide bomber attacks hospital in Dera Ismail Khan, killing more than 30; Taliban elements
claim responsibility
2008, Algeria: Suicide car bomber kills 43 in attack on police academy in Issers; no claim of responsibility but
al-Qa‘ida in Lands of Islamic Maghreb strongly suspected
2003, Israel: HAMAS suicide bomber detonates bomb aboard bus in Jerusalem, killing 20, including five
US citizens, and injuring 140

20 Aug:
2008, Algeria: Two synchronized car bombs kill 11 in Bouira; as in 19 August attacks, no claim of responsibility
but al-Qa‘ida in Lands of Islamic Maghreb strongly suspected
1998, Afghanistan, Sudan: US cruise missiles strike against terrorist locations in retaliation for African
embassy bombings

21 Aug:
2008, Pakistan: Two suicide bombers attack country’s main arms factory in town of Wah, killing 60;
Taliban elements claim responsibility
1999, Pakistan: Two Mohajir Qaumi Movement (MQM) members sentenced to die for murder of
four US citizens
1995, Israel: HAMAS bomber kills five, wounds 100 on Jerusalem bus

25 Aug:
2009, Afghanistan: At least 40 killed, 60 injured in car bomb attack in Kandahar; no claim of responsibility but
Taliban strongly suspected
1983, West Germany: Carlos-led group bombs French cultural center in West Berlin, killing one and
wounding 23

28 Aug:
1999, Yemen: Car bomb kills six and wounds 12; Islamic Army of Aden-Abyan suspected

31 Aug:
2006, Thailand: One killed as more than 20 bombs explode almost simultaneously inside banks in south
2004, Israel: Two HAMAS bus bombings kill 16 in Beersheba
2001, Algeria: Islamic militants blamed for two attacks that kill 13

1 Sep:
2004, Russia: During 1-3 September, Chechen-associated terrorists attack Beslan school, killing at least 330,
wounding 776

8 Sep:
1999, Russia: Bombing of Moscow apartment building kills 94; Islamic Dagestan Liberation Army
claims responsibility

9 Sep:
2004, Indonesia: Al-Qa‘ida attacks Australian Embassy in Jakarta, killing 10 and wounding 150
2003, Israel: Suicide bomber kills eight persons, including two US citizens, near the Asaf Harolfe Hospital;
no responsible group identified
2001, Afghanistan: Opposition leader Ahmad Shah Mahsood killed by two al-Qa‘ida suicide bombers

11 Sep:
2001, US: Four passenger planes hijacked; two crash into World Trade Center in New York City; one crashes
into Pentagon; fourth crashes into field in Shanksville, PA; nearly 3,000 killed; Usama Bin Ladin and
al‑Qa‘ida responsible

19 Sep:
1989, UTA Flight 772 to Paris explodes over Niger, killing 170; Libya held responsible

20 Sep:
2008, Pakistan: Truck bomb attack against Marriott Hotel in Islamabad kills more than 60, wounds 200;
al‑Qa‘ida strongly suspected
1984, Lebanon: Islamic Jihad Organization responsible for truck bomb at US Embassy annex in Beirut; 23 killed

23 Sep:
1983, UAE: Omani Gulf Aircraft bombed; 111 killed, including one US citizen

1 Oct:
2005, Bali: Resort bombings kill 26 and injure more than 100; JI bombmaker Azahari bin Husin believed
Responsible

7 Oct:
2004, Egypt: Terrorists car-bomb Hilton resort in Taba, two other tourist areas; 34 killed, more than
100 wounded

12 Oct:
2004, Gaza Strip: Israelis kill senior HAMAS leader and explosives expert Adnan Ghul
2002, Indonesia: Multiple car bombs explode outside nightclubs in Bali, killling 202; JI responsible
2000, Yemen: Bombing of USS Cole kills 17 and wounds 39; Usama Bin Ladin and al-Qa‘ida responsible

15 Sep:
2009, Pakistan: Coordinated attacks in Lahore and Kohat kill nearly 40; Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan
claims responsibility
2003, Gaza Strip: Palestinian terrorists bomb a US Embassy motorcade, killing three diplomatic
security contractors

16 Sep:
1997, Sri Lanka: LTTE truck bomb at hotel next to Trade Center in Colombo kills 18 and wounds more
than 100, including seven US citizens

19 Sep:
2000, Sri Lanka: LTTE suicide bomber wounds 23, including three US tourists, in an attack against town hall
near Colombo

23 Sep:
2002, Russia: Fifty Chechens seize Podshipnikov Zavod theater in Moscow, taking more than 800 hostages;
all Chechens and 124 hostages, including one American, killed during rescue
1983, Lebanon: Islamic Jihad bombs US Marine barracks in Beirut, killing 241 US Marines and 58 French paratroopers

29 Oct:
2005, India: Bombings in New Delhi kill 55, wound close to 200; Islamic Inquilab Mahaz group
claims responsibility
1975, West Germany: Three Black September terrorists hijack Lufthansa plane and demand release of those
who committed 1972 Olympics massacre; hijackers are captured but all are later released

4 Nov:
2001, Israel: US citizen killed in shooting attack on bus in Jerusalem; assailant killed and 35 wounded;
PIJ claims responsibility
1979, Iran: US Embassy in Tehran seized, 66 taken hostage

9 Nov:
2005, Jordan: Three near-simultaneous bomb attacks against Western hotels in Amman kill more than 50,
injure 110; al-Qa‘ida in Iraq claims responsibility
2003, Saudi Arabia: Eighteen killed, 122 injured in bomb attack on residential compound in Riyadh

13 Nov:
1995, Saudi Arabia: Car bomb at US military advisors’ facility in Riyadh kills seven, wounds more than 60;
Saudis with ties to Bin Ladin arrested

17 Nov:
1997, Egypt: Al-Gama‘at al-Islamiyya attack at Temple of Hatshepsut in Luxor leaves 71 dead
1973, Greece: Student uprising quashed by military and riot police, multiple dead and injured; 17 November
takes its name from this incident

20 Nov:
2003, Turkey: Vehicle explodes in front of British Consulate General, killing 30 and wounding 450; al-Qa‘ida
claims responsibility
2000, Gaza: Roadside bomb targeting Israeli school bus kills two and wounds 10; HAMAS responsible

23 Nov:
1996, Comoros Islands: Hijacked Ethiopian plane crashes, killing 127 including one American
1985, Greece: Egyptian plane hijacked to Malta; 56 killed during attempted rescue; ANO responsible

26 Nov:
2008, India: Terrorists attack several sites in Mumbai; sieges end three days later with more than 170 dead and
300 wounded; surviving attacker says LT responsible
2000, Israel: Hizballah bomb attack kills one soldier and wounds two others near Shab‘a Farms area

28 Nov:
2002, Kenya: Three suicide bombers drive vehicle into front of Paradise Hotel in Mombasa, killing 15 and
wounding 40; al-Qa‘ida and other groups claim responsibility
2000, India: Sixteen killed, 25 wounded in widespread terrorist incidents in Jammu and Kashmir;
Hizb‑ul‑Mujahedin claims responsibility

29 Nov:
1987, South Korea: Korean Airlines flight 858 blown up over Andaman Sea near Burma by two North Korean
agents; all 115 passengers killed

1 Dec:
2001, Israel: Two suicide bombers detonate explosives in Jerusalem mall, killing 10 and wounding 120; HAMAS
claims responsibility
1997, India arrests Ghulam Nabi Baba, leader of Harakat-ul-Ansar, accused of involvement in kidnapping of
six Western tourists

11 Dec:
2007, Algeria: Two car bombs in Algiers kill at least 60, including 10 UN personnel, injure more than 170;
al‑Qa‘ida in the Lands of the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility

12 Dec:
1997, Egypt: Security forces kill ‘Abd al-Hafiz, al-Gama‘at al-Islamiyya leader responsible for Luxor attack
1983, Kuwait: US and French Embassies bombed, killing six and injuring 80; Hizballah responsible

18 Dec:
1999, Sri Lanka: Suicide bomber at election rally kills 23 and wounds 100, including the President; bomb attack
at opposition rally kills 11; LTTE blamed in both cases

21 Dec:
2007, Pakistan: Suicide bomber kills at least 50 in mosque near Peshawar. Outgoing interior minister believed
targeted; no immediate claim of responsibility
1988, United Kingdom: Pan Am Flight 103 destroyed by bomb over Lockerbie, Scotland; all 259 passengers and
11 on ground killed; Libya responsible
1975, Austria: “Carlos the Jackal” kidnaps 11 OPEC ministers in Vienna; three die

25 Dec:
2000, India: Suicide car bomber kills 11 and wounds more than 20 near Army zone in Srinagar;
Jamiat‑ul‑Mujahedin claims responsibility; blast coincides with bomb attacks in Pakistan that injured 37

27 Dec:
2007, Pakistan: Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto assassinated after campaign rally in Rawalpindi; al-Qa‘ida
claims responsibility
2002, Chechnya: Suicide bombers detonate two explosives-filled trucks at Chechnya’s pro-Moscow government
building, killing 72 and wounding 210
1985, Italy and Austria: ANO group attacks Rome and Vienna airports; 18 dead and 121 wounded

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Here's a year's worth of "today in Terrorism History" from the US Counterterrorism Calendar. How many of these are Islamic Terrorists...how many are otherwise?

Darin, check out the link I stated many times and look at their list of Islamic attacks. It averages out to about 3 per day worldwide since 9/11 when they started tracking them. They are not all "mainstream" attacks by the likes of Al Qaeda, but they are all religious islamic attacks.

abso
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM

so you agree with me that there are stupid people in every religion, but your only problem is that they are more in case of the islamic religion ???

is it just about numbers ???

as i already said, the main reason is not religion, its politics, when Osama Ben Laden started the Al-Qaeda organization, it wasnt because of religion, it was because of the american military presence in Saudia Arabia which he disapproved, but about america itself or christians, he never had problems with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mujahideen in Afghanistan:
After leaving college in 1979 bin Laden joined Abdullah Azzam to fight the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan and lived for a time in Peshawar.

By 1984, with Azzam, bin Laden established Maktab al-Khadamat, which funneled money, arms and Muslim fighters from around the Arabic world into the Afghan war. Through al-Khadamat, bin Laden's inherited family fortune paid for air tickets and accommodation, dealt with paperwork with Pakistani authorities and provided other such services for the jihad fighters. Osama established a camp in Afghanistan, and with other volunteers fought the Soviets.

Following the withdrawal of Soviet troops from Afghanistan, bin Laden moved to Peshawar in 1994.[citation needed] It was during his time in Peshawar that he began wearing camouflage-print jackets and carrying a captured Soviet assault rifle, which urban legends claimed he had obtained by killing a Russian soldier with his bare hands.

Formation and structuring of Al-Qaeda:

By 1988, bin Laden had split from Maktab al-Khidamat. While Azzam acted as support for Afghan fighters, bin Laden wanted a more military role. One of the main points leading to the split and the creation of al-Qaeda was Azzam's insistence that Arab fighters be integrated among the Afghan fighting groups instead of forming a separate fighting force.

Following the Soviet Union's withdrawal from Afghanistan in February 1989, Osama bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia in 1990 as a hero of jihad, who along with his Arab legion, "had brought down the mighty superpower" of the Soviet Union. The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990 had put the kingdom and its ruling House of Saud at risk. The world's most valuable oil fields were within easy striking distance of Iraqi forces in Kuwait, and Saddam's call to pan-Arab/Islamism could potentially rally internal dissent. bin Laden met with King Fahd, and Sultan, Minister of Defence of Saudi Arabia, telling them not to depend on non-Muslim troops, and offered to help defend Saudi Arabia with his mujahideen fighters. Bin Laden's offer was rebuffed, and after the American offer to help repel Iraq from Kuwait was accepted, involving deploying U.S. troops in Saudi territory, he publicly denounced Saudi Arabia's dependence on the U.S. military, as he believed the presence of foreign troops in the "land of the two mosques" (Mecca and Medina) profaned sacred soil. Bin Laden's criticism of the Saudi monarchy led that government to attempt to silence him.
Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_Laden#Mujahideen_in_Afghanistan)

so even the most evil terrorist in the world, which is osama bin laden, never wanted to fight christianity, he never had any problem with USA until it used the gold war chance to spread its troops in the ME, he disapproved this military presence, he fought the sovit union to get it out of afghanistan, because he couldnt agree with the presence of any foriegn forces in any islamic land.

what i am saying, is that its not politics at all, and that what most of americans cant understand, you all think that they are just people who hate christians and want to eradicate them from the face of the earth, but you never bother youselfs with the real reasons behind his actions.

i am not defending him or his actions, he is a criminal and terrorist who should be punished, but i am stating the facts, and the reasons for his actions, which is not just pure religion, its the american military presence which even i disagree with, no one will ever agree with any foriegn military forces on his lands.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 09:04 AM
so you agree with me that there are stupid people in every religion, but your only problem is that they are more in case of the islamic religion ???

is it just about numbers ???

JUST about numbers? LOL I guess you're still seeing the TON of terror attacks yearly as a single event as you eluded to earlier?

There are probably 200 in Islam for every 1 in every other religion combined. I am showing PROOF of daily attacks by Islamic shitheads, but you still want to minimize it. Why is that, because they are fellow muslims? Why is it that whenever proof of islamic terror attacks are brought up you try to bring in other religions and change the subject. WHY NOT JUST ACKNOWLEDGE the abundance and daily attacks by muslims and save YOUR rants for another thread?

Now either dispute the numbers on the website you don't like or admit that there is a HUGE fucking problem in Islam that no other religion in the world currently even comes close to.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
as i already said, the main reason is not religion, its politics

Does it really matter? What matters is that they ARE muslims and they ARE performing terror attacks worldwide on a daily basis. No matter their reasons, there is no excuse to kill innocent people. You are simply making excuses or "appeasing" the terrorists by making ANY excuse as to why they do what they do.

abso
11-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Ohh I hear yaa brother!!! People like Pagan like to throw that out everytime something happens they forget for every ONE occurence by a supposed Christian there are litteraly hundreds if not thousands of acts performed by supposed Muslims.....

With the number involved how can a "moderate" Muslim claim that it is a fringe group doing all this, by their rational there should be more terrorist acts perfomed by Chritians since there are purported to be 2.1 billion of them that is 6 hundred million more than Muslims so we should be out performing them in the terrorist catagory shoudn't we....

Here is the link to the number of adherents of the major religions in the world.....

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

maybe there would be alot of christian terrorists too if there is any islamic army invading their country, but i cant see that anywhere.

all i can see is isalmic countries with foriegn military presence which provoke alot of radicals.

Kathianne
11-17-2010, 09:23 AM
maybe there would be alot of christian terrorists too if there is any islamic army invading their country, but i cant see that anywhere.

all i can see is isalmic countries with foriegn military presence which provoke alot of radicals.

and you are one of the many millions of Islamics that 'understand' why the extremists do what they do. In other words, provide cover.

abso
11-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Does it really matter? What matters is that they ARE muslims and they ARE performing terror attacks worldwide on a daily basis. No matter their reasons, there is no excuse to kill innocent people. You are simply making excuses or "appeasing" the terrorists by making ANY excuse as to why they do what they do.

no, what matters is that they are terrorists who should be punished, not that they are muslims.

please, if i may ask you for something, can you answer this questions for me:

what do you hate, terrorism in general, or just muslim terrorists ?

who do you want to punish, all muslims or just muslim terrorists ?

do you have any problem with me because i am a muslim ?

do you have any problem with me because i am arabian ?

abso
11-17-2010, 09:29 AM
and you are one of the many millions of Islamics that 'understand' why the extremists do what they do. In other words, provide cover.

no i dont provide cover, i just understand the reasons.

if someone had his wife killed, then he went to kill the wife of the killer, i will understand his motive, which is revenge for his wife, but i will never agree with this misguided revenge, if the revenge was to kill the killer, i may sympathize with him, but to kill an innocent, that is what i will denounce.

so just because i know some facts, which forms that reasons that makes terrorists becomes so, that doesnt mean that i agree with them.

a psychiatrist will try to understand the motives and the reasons which made a killer become like that, but that doesnt mean that he agrees with his crimes.

if you have an enemy, you must understand his motives and his actions before you can fight him.

Nukeman
11-17-2010, 09:29 AM

Really no Islamic army, What the hell do you think is going on in every western country today as we speak. Islam is spreading so quickly due to immigration throughout Europe, in fact some countries have a HUGE problem with the Muslims attempting to take control of area's and impose their own form of Sharia law.

Tell me what gives a muslim the right to come into a sovereign state and DEMAND to have their own set of rules and regulations based upon "their' religious beliefs???

We have area's here in the US that are quickly becoming muslim only, Deerborn MI for one and it has gotten to the point that NO OTHER RELIGION is tolerated in these area's

So by your reasoning there is a "invading" army of Muslims in other countries they are just going about it by immigreation and birth rate, I believe this is call the "silent jihad" and when there are enough to swing votes then they take over.....

So shouldn't we be having a shit load of terrorist attacks on the Muslim population in all of these countries that this is currently taking place in...??? After all they are attempting to take over the rights of the non-believers!!!!! They are attempting to impose Sharia law on non-mulims. How can you justify this in any way!?!?!?!?!?

abso
11-17-2010, 09:32 AM
JUST about numbers? LOL I guess you're still seeing the TON of terror attacks yearly as a single event as you eluded to earlier?

There are probably 200 in Islam for every 1 in every other religion combined. I am showing PROOF of daily attacks by Islamic shitheads, but you still want to minimize it. Why is that, because they are fellow muslims? Why is it that whenever proof of islamic terror attacks are brought up you try to bring in other religions and change the subject. WHY NOT JUST ACKNOWLEDGE the abundance and daily attacks by muslims and save YOUR rants for another thread?

Now either dispute the numbers on the website you don't like or admit that there is a HUGE fucking problem in Islam that no other religion in the world currently even comes close to.

actually i wasnt the one who brought other religions into the subject, it was Pagan, and i wasnt going to bring any other religion into the subject, because we are talking about islam, other religions was just a side point which was brought in during discussion.

i am not trying to minimize it at all, i never denided that the numbers are alot more than any other religion, i admit that, i am just saying the reasons that makes the number higher in islam.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 09:33 AM

Explain how there are Islamic religious attacks DAILY in countries all over the world - as explained on the site you refuse to acknowledge? I'll guaranfuckingtee you that the MAJORITY of them are in countries with no foreign military presence.

Hell, you even stated that you have much more terrorism in Egypt than we have here. What foreign enemy is within your country? If none, then why are there attacks there?

abso
11-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Really no Islamic army, What the hell do you think is going on in every western country today as we speak. Islam is spreading so quickly due to immigration throughout Europe, in fact some countries have a HUGE problem with the Muslims attempting to take control of area's and impose their own form of Sharia law.

Tell me what gives a muslim the right to come into a sovereign state and DEMAND to have their own set of rules and regulations based upon "their' religious beliefs???

We have area's here in the US that are quickly becoming muslim only, Deerborn MI for one and it has gotten to the point that NO OTHER RELIGION is tolerated in these area's

So by your reasoning there is a "invading" army of Muslims in other countries they are just going about it by immigreation and birth rate, I believe this is call the "silent jihad" and when there are enough to swing votes then they take over.....

So shouldn't we be having a shit load of terrorist attacks on the Muslim population in all of these countries that this is currently taking place in...??? After all they are attempting to take over the rights of the non-believers!!!!! They are attempting to impose Sharia law on non-mulims. How can you justify this in any way!?!?!?!?!?

are they carrying weapons ??, are they forcing their existence there ???

the spreading of an idea with people moving from place to place is not the same as spreading it with guns and tanks.

dont deflect the subject, i said army, those people are not army.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 09:36 AM
please, if i may ask you for something, can you answer this questions for me:

what do you hate, terrorism in general, or just muslim terrorists ?

I hate ALL terroorists, it just so happens that the overwhelming majority of them are muslims.

who do you want to punish, all muslims or just muslim terrorists ?

Terrorists AND those who support and/or defend them.

do you have any problem with me because i am a muslim ?

I know I don't. You seem decent enough, but you sure do make a lot of excuses whenever Islamic attacks are brought up. Why so defensive of terrorists?

do you have any problem with me because i am arabian ?

Do you support terrorism? Do you defend it? Do you make excuses (like... they wouldn't be doing it if it weren't for foreign occupation or politics)?

Nukeman
11-17-2010, 09:37 AM
are they carrying weapons ??, are they forcing their existence there ???

the spreading of an idea with people moving from place to place is not the same as spreading it with guns and tanks.

dont deflect the subject, i said army, those people are not army.

Your right it isn't but it ultimately end up the same, either take control by the gun or take control by the population.. One just takes a little longer.

how do you feel about imposing Sharia law?? Should it be allowed or not??

abso
11-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Explain how there are Islamic religious attacks DAILY in countries all over the world - as explained on the site you refuse to acknowledge? I'll guaranfuckingtee you that the MAJORITY of them are in countries with no foreign military presence.

Hell, you even stated that you have much more terrorism in Egypt than we have here. What foreign enemy is within your country? If none, then why are there attacks there?

i never said that the attacks happens in the place which has foriegn army, i said that the people come from there, and then they spread with their misguided ideas, Osama bin laden started it from KSA, because of the american presence there, then he spread his ideas all over the world, he attacks every government that oppose his ideas, thats why he is called a TERRORISTS, which is someone who use violence and terrorism to present his point of view.

we get attacks here in egypt, because we are a close ally and friend of USA in ME, and we want peace with israel, which is something that muslim terrorists doesnt like, so they attack us.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
if someone had his wife killed, then he went to kill the wife of the killer, i will understand his motive, which is revenge for his wife, but i will never agree with this misguided revenge, if the revenge was to kill the killer, i may sympathize with him, but to kill an innocent, that is what i will denounce.

Again, the OVERWHELMING majority of terror attacks by muslims are against innocent men, women & children - so your analogy is for shit.

abso
11-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Your right it isn't but it ultimately end up the same, either take control by the gun or take control by the population.. One just takes a little longer.

how do you feel about imposing Sharia law?? Should it be allowed or not??

of course not, whenever i am in a country i will abide by its law, i wont force my law on anyone else, if someone doesnt like the american law, then he should go back to his country, not try to change the law of the people who own the country.

all i need is for the law to let me practice my religion in the mosque, dress the way i like, i dont need anything more at all.

abso
11-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Again, the OVERWHELMING majority of terror attacks by muslims are against innocent men, women & children - so your analogy is for shit.

yes, thats why they are called terrorists, if they attacked the american or the israelian army or any other army, they will just be called armed resistance which is legal in the international law in any occupied territory.

so if they attack military targets, i wont have any problem with that as long as its done only against the military of the occupying country, but when they attack innocents, thats what i call terroris, and i despise that.

Nukeman
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
yes, thats why they are called terrorists, if they attacked the american or the israelian army or any other army, they will just be called armed resistance which is legal in the international law in any occupied territory.

so if they attack military targets, i wont have any problem with that as long as its done only against the military of the occupying country, but when they attack innocents, thats what i call terroris, and i despise that.And if the "occupying" country is there by the invitation of the legal and respected government of that country??? How do you feel about that???

abso
11-17-2010, 10:18 AM
I hate ALL terroorists, it just so happens that the overwhelming majority of them are muslims.

I hate all terrorists too, i agree with you, most of them are muslims, which is something that need to be explained, so that gives us another question

why are the majority of terrorists muslims ?

Terrorists AND those who support and/or defend them.

i agree, i want to punish any terrorists and anyone who help or support or defend them.

I know I don't. You seem decent enough, but you sure do make a lot of excuses whenever Islamic attacks are brought up. Why so defensive of terrorists?

thanks for your opinion about me, but i am not so defensive of terrorists, i am just saying the reasons that makes them terrorists, so we need to solve the problems that makes them turn into terrorists as much as we need to fight them, we need to stop people from becoming terrorists, solve the roots of the problem not just let the problems arise then deal with it later when it grows into a disaster, dont you agree with me ?

i am not making alot of excuses at all, i am not saying that they deserve any special treatment, any terrorist who kills innocents, deserves to be killed, wutever his religion was, thats the justice that we all want.

Do you support terrorism?

No i dont, and i never will.

Do you defend it?
No i dont, and i never will.

Do you make excuses (like... they wouldn't be doing it if it weren't for foreign occupation or politics)?
No, i dont make excuses, i am just saying the root of the problem, which needs to be solved as much as the problem itself, when there is a disease, you dont just give the patient a painkiller, you give him a cure with the painkiller.

so killing terrorists is just a pain killer that we all need to stop the pain, but we still need a cure, which is removing all the causes which turn those stupid misguided people into terrorists int he first place, otherwise, more and more terrorists will come and we will have to fight more and more, it would be endless circle if we dont eliminate the disease itself not just treat the side effects.

don't you agree with my point of view ?

abso
11-17-2010, 10:25 AM
And if the "occupying" country is there by the invitation of the legal and respected government of that country??? How do you feel about that???

then i wont agree with attacking the foriegn army at all, because its presence was requested by the country, in that case, i would say that they should solve their problem with their own government, not with the invited army, which will be like guests in their country, and should be respected and even protected, not attacked.

even so if they dont agree with the status of the invited army as guests in their country, its a fact that it was invited by the government, so if the people of a country have a problem with the army being in their country, they should talk to their government and express their wish to make that army leave their soil, not just take their anger out on their guests who came to help them at their government's request.

SassyLady
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
so killing terrorists is just a pain killer that we all need to stop the pain, but we still need a cure, which is removing all the causes which turn those stupid misguided people into terrorists int he first place, otherwise, more and more terrorists will come and we will have to fight more and more, it would be endless circle if we dont eliminate the disease itself not just treat the side effects.

don't you agree with my point of view ?

Do you believe the religious teachings of the Quran is one of the causes?

abso
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Do you believe the religious teachings of the Quran is one of the causes?

No, the teachings itself is not the cause, and the prove is me, and every other moderate peaceful muslim, we have all been taught the Quran, my family is a religious one, and they all love Islam, and no one of them agree with any terrorism or support it.

i have been taught religion in 11 years i spent in school, and i have never been told that its okay to kill anyone under any circumstances unless they are carrying a weapon and trying to kill me.

the Quran itself is not the problem, the problem is the way its being taught, i have been taught the Quran in its right way, that its all about loving everyone and being a good human, thats what i have been taught.

but the terrorists, had people with different agenda teaching them Quran, people who had their intention of using those misguided muslims in their political causes.

a kid is like a pile of clay, you can make it in any shape you want, it all depends on you and what you want to make out of it, and you can even make it into a hard object by heating it, then you can use it to kill someone.

so you can teach the kid to grow up to be a caring and loving man, or be a killing machine at your disposal, which is a terrorist, it all depends on the ideas you teach him.

SassyLady
11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
No, the teachings itself is not the cause, and the prove is me, and every other moderate peaceful muslim, we have all been taught the Quran, my family is a religious one, and they all love Islam, and no one of them agree with any terrorism or support it.

i have been taught religion in 11 years i spent in school, and i have never been told that its okay to kill anyone under any circumstances unless they are carrying a weapon and trying to kill me.

the Quran itself is not the problem, the problem is the way its being taught, i have been taught the Quran in its right way, that its all about loving everyone and being a good human, thats what i have been taught.

but the terrorists, had people with different agenda teaching them Quran, people who had their intention of using those misguided muslims in their political causes.

a kid is like a pile of clay, you can make it in any shape you want, it all depends on you and what you want to make out of it, and you can even make it into a hard object by heating it, then you can use it to kill someone.

so you can teach the kid to grow up to be a caring and loving man, or be a killing machine at your disposal, which is a terrorist, it all depends on the ideas you teach him.

So, what solution are you proposing to eliminate this cause...how do Muslims eliminate those that are teaching Islam as an extreme religion?

Kathianne
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
So, what solution are you proposing to eliminate this cause...how do Muslims eliminate those that are teaching Islam as an extreme religion?

He disagrees with myself. If one can 'relate' which it seems Abso does, I think they are aiding and abetting. He thinks differently, though I cannot make his argument.

abso
11-18-2010, 04:27 AM

we can hunt the radical Imams who teaches violence or support it, they should be jailed for spreading their radical ideas or fatwas which cost us our lifes, maybe all they are doing is talking and expressing their opinion, but that opinion is costing us lifes, lifes that should be protected.

we should support and promote peaceful islam, help the Imams who support peace to speak in puplic, help them to reach all the muslims in the world, maybe their ideas can reach the misguided muslims and convince them to stop what they are doing.

its a war of ideas at this point, the radical teachings vs the preaceful teachings, we all know that the peaceful teachings is the majority, but its a fact that there are radical teachings, so we have to fight it, and we should support the peaceful islam as much as we can.

all that along the war against terrorists which should not stop of course, we should try to isolate the radical ideas while we are killing all the terrorists too.

in egypt we do that alot, we fight radicals as much as we can, we dont allow them to spread their ideas, if anyone says its okay to kill for the religion, we send him to jail, we cant tolerate that kind of Imams who support terrorism and allows it, they are not alot of Imams, they are just very small minority, but its a fact that this kind of Imams exists and they are out there and should be punished.

Kathianne
11-18-2010, 06:55 AM
we can hunt the radical Imams who teaches violence or support it, they should be jailed for spreading their radical ideas or fatwas which cost us our lifes, maybe all they are doing is talking and expressing their opinion, but that opinion is costing us lifes, lifes that should be protected.

we should support and promote peaceful islam, help the Imams who support peace to speak in puplic, help them to reach all the muslims in the world, maybe their ideas can reach the misguided muslims and convince them to stop what they are doing.

its a war of ideas at this point, the radical teachings vs the preaceful teachings, we all know that the peaceful teachings is the majority, but its a fact that there are radical teachings, so we have to fight it, and we should support the peaceful islam as much as we can.

all that along the war against terrorists which should not stop of course, we should try to isolate the radical ideas while we are killing all the terrorists too.

in egypt we do that alot, we fight radicals as much as we can, we dont allow them to spread their ideas, if anyone says its okay to kill for the religion, we send him to jail, we cant tolerate that kind of Imams who support terrorism and allows it, they are not alot of Imams, they are just very small minority, but its a fact that this kind of Imams exists and they are out there and should be punished.

and yet it seems that it's both Egypt and Saudi Arabia that produce the leaders of extreme Islam, no?

abso
11-18-2010, 07:04 AM
and yet it seems that it's both Egypt and Saudi Arabia that produce the leaders of extreme Islam, no?

the leaders of Radicalism, doesn't just come from egypt or KSA, they come also from iraq and afghanistan and palestine and other places too, and they increase in the places where recruiting terrorists would be easier, like palestine, iraq and afghanistan, areas where people are oppressed are the most fertile ground for recruiting terrorists.

Kathianne
11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
the leaders of Radicalism, doesn't just come from egypt or KSA, they come also from iraq and afghanistan and palestine and other places too, and they increase in the places where recruiting terrorists would be easier, like palestine, iraq and afghanistan, areas where people are oppressed are the most fertile ground for recruiting terrorists.

and yet the 'brains' behind the radical Islamacists are not from the countries you list. Why? Probably education system. Ayman Al-Zawahiri helped bin Laden focus his thinking. Sayyid Qutb influenced Zawahiri.

Actually my point is not to point fingers at Egypt, as you said the government tries to keep a lid on the problem. However the problem seems more than the government can handle.

The ignorant are the means to the daily terror. Those planning and carrying out complex attacks are not the poor and disenfranchised, no they are university educated and from comfortable backgrounds. Their families often moderates or even secular. Why do you think that is?

abso
11-18-2010, 12:15 PM
and yet the 'brains' behind the radical Islamacists are not from the countries you list. Why? Probably education system. Ayman Al-Zawahiri helped bin Laden focus his thinking. Sayyid Qutb influenced Zawahiri.

Actually my point is not to point fingers at Egypt, as you said the government tries to keep a lid on the problem. However the problem seems more than the government can handle.

The ignorant are the means to the daily terror. Those planning and carrying out complex attacks are not the poor and disenfranchised, no they are university educated and from comfortable backgrounds. Their families often moderates or even secular. Why do you think that is?

yes, i agree, the leaders of the terrorism today didnt come from ignorant or poor backgrounds, almost all of them had money and education and everything to make them respectable men, and most of them came from moderate families which has nothing to do with terrorism or radicalism at all, like ayman el zawahri who came from a political family, one of his relatives was the first secertary general for the arab league "Abdul Rahman Azzam", he came from a well known family and he had good education, he is a surgeon with masters from egypt and Phd from pakistan.

why someone like him turned into the path of terror instead of the path of saving lifes is not something i can explain, its just something that i wonder like you.

i really cant help you at this point, i dont know why would they do it, maybe politics or maybe their religious beliefs or most probably its both.

SassyLady
11-19-2010, 01:48 AM

Evil exists when good men do nothing.

abso
11-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Evil exists when good men do nothing.

i disagree, evil exists even if good men do nothing, it always existed and always will, the very simple negative feeling can turn into horrifying evil, and negative feelings will always exist, we are not saints, we all have negative feelings, some control them and some cant, those who cant are what we call evil people.

SassyLady
11-28-2010, 04:20 AM
i disagree, evil exists even if good men do nothing, it always existed and always will, the very simple negative feeling can turn into horrifying evil, and negative feelings will always exist, we are not saints, we all have negative feelings, some control them and some cant, those who cant are what we call evil people.

And you do no understand the quote at all......if good men stand around and do nothing then evil will flourish. It is upon the shoulders of the good man to spread goodness to overcome and erradicate the evil. One cannot sit back and say things like....."most of the Muslims are peace loving and don't believe in killings". They actually need to step up and loudly and longly tell the world that the evil men need to be eradicated ..... that is when good men do something to combat evil. They don't just stand around and tell everyone .... no, no, no, Muslims are peaceful. If this is the case, then the good men need to make sure the evil ones cease to exist.

Evil can only flourish if good men choose to put their heads in the sand and ingnore what is right in front of them and do nothing.

Abso, you are surrounded by Muslims .... you say they are peace loving ..... then why don't you peace loving Muslims track down a section of the radicals and spend as much time convincing them about the peacefulness of Islam as the amount of time and energy you put into posting your beliefs here? Take action and put your energy and action where you say your beliefs are.

SassyLady
11-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Each of us fights evil in our own ways .... I found against sexual predators and had a few put away and worked with some to realize what sick bastards they are and that there was no excuse for their behavior other than their own narcissism and obessions.....I didn't sit and wait around thinking it was someone else's responsibility.

I was one of those good men(women) who helped eradicate some evil in the world. Everyone should be working toward getting rid of some type of evil, rather than expecting someone else to come along and do it.

abso
11-28-2010, 08:24 AM
And you do no understand the quote at all......if good men stand around and do nothing then evil will flourish. It is upon the shoulders of the good man to spread goodness to overcome and erradicate the evil. One cannot sit back and say things like....."most of the Muslims are peace loving and don't believe in killings". They actually need to step up and loudly and longly tell the world that the evil men need to be eradicated ..... that is when good men do something to combat evil. They don't just stand around and tell everyone .... no, no, no, Muslims are peaceful. If this is the case, then the good men need to make sure the evil ones cease to exist.

Evil can only flourish if good men choose to put their heads in the sand and ingnore what is right in front of them and do nothing.

Abso, you are surrounded by Muslims .... you say they are peace loving ..... then why don't you peace loving Muslims track down a section of the radicals and spend as much time convincing them about the peacefulness of Islam as the amount of time and energy you put into posting your beliefs here? Take action and put your energy and action where you say your beliefs are.

who says that we dont speak out against terrorism , the point is that you dont know anything about us, and you dont know anything about our life, or our countries, you just hear from your media which personate us as violence loving freaks.

do you think that i am the only muslim in the world which hates war or terrorism !!!

terrorism attacks egypt, lebanon, iraq, saudia arabia, algeria, morroco more than any westren countries, so why you think that we support it !!!

people here are humans, same as you, or anyone living around you, we just want to live in peace, raise our children, and have a good life, and none of us want to live in the constant fear of stepping inside a bus to find a man with a bomb who detonates himself to kill everyone on board.

the moment you stop seeing use as violence loving freaks, or people who just go around on camels with long beards, killing and abusing women, and carrying a bomb vest in our bags, you will see that terrorists are a very small monority, who attacks us more than they attack you, and we hate them more than you do, and we speak out against them, and fight them, and kill them.

visit one of our countries, and you may have a chance to change your mind, but till then, please dont make any prejudgements based on media reports, they only report bad things, because only bad things can gather more viewers. :salute:

abso
11-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Each of us fights evil in our own ways .... I found against sexual predators and had a few put away and worked with some to realize what sick bastards they are and that there was no excuse for their behavior other than their own narcissism and obessions.....I didn't sit and wait around thinking it was someone else's responsibility.

I was one of those good men(women) who helped eradicate some evil in the world. Everyone should be working toward getting rid of some type of evil, rather than expecting someone else to come along and do it.

who said that i am thinking its someone's else responsibility to do the good thing, did i say that ???

i have never seen a bad thing happening before my eyes and looked the other way, i try to always do the right thing, i dont have to mention examples from my life to prove my point, of course i cant always do the right thing, but i try as much as i can.