PDA

View Full Version : Homophobia

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 07:06 AM
This was another thread lost yesterday in the downtime. In summary, I started the thread to find out why it's necessary to vilify people by making it sound as if they are "afraid" of things or actions when that is not the case. Gaffer had it right, I believe, when he stated that they should just call those people bigots - which I acknowledged was acceptable to me. Pagan and Noir missed the message and chose to immediately jump on the long standing argument of what rights a queer deserves and what they're being denied. Psychoblues vomited in his 2 cents not long before the board failure.

You guys can continue to turn this into a debate about "rights", but if you remember the point of the opening post, you would remember it was about WHY people are being labeled things they are not.

Noir came the closest to touching on the subject when he acknowledged it wasn't a perfect definition, but that it really didn't matter. I feel it does, as they are trying to vilify those who disagree with them by tossing names at them. No different than those who attack the "tea baggers", in my opinion.

Noir
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Noir came the closest to touching on the subject when he acknowledged it wasn't a perfect definition, but that it really didn't matter. I feel it does, as they are trying to vilify those who disagree with them by tossing names at them. No different than those who attack the "tea baggers", in my opinion.

So you won't mind if they used the word 'homoist' instead?

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 07:57 AM
So you won't mind if they used the word 'homoist' instead?

They can call me whatever they want, so long as it's fitting and true. No matter how much they, or people like Bully and Psycho scream it, I am not afraid of them. And no matter what Pagan states, I am quite confident in my sexuality.

The point of the thread is just that. When someone has an opposing opinion, I'm tired of the made up names, false names and obfuscating of the issues.

Come down on me all you like for not agreeing with the queers and their supporters, but to proclaim I fear them is just being ignorant.

Noir
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Language is constantly changing and mutating, I think 'homophobia' is a slight exception in that while we all know the word phobia means fear, we take it to mean prejudice when used in 'homophobia'

There are countless examples; 'that was sick' or
'that was wicked' are now taken to mean 'that was good' now I'm sure 'sick' and 'wicked' have some french/Latin/Greek root that means they can't possibly mean good, but the meaning that is applied to the word has no bearing on it's linguistic roots.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Language is constantly changing and mutating, I think 'homophobia' is a slight exception in that while we all know the word phobia means fear, we take it to mean prejudice when used in 'homophobia'

There are countless examples; 'that was sick' or
'that was wicked' are now taken to mean 'that was good' now I'm sure 'sick' and 'wicked' have some french/Latin/Greek root that means they can't possibly mean good, but the meaning that is applied to the word has no bearing on it's linguistic roots.

When they find someone of opposition, why not call them that - the opposition, people against homosexuality or something of the like? And if what you are saying was true, there would be a ton of "opponents" in other areas being labeled as "***phobia"...

Hell, when you confront those who use the term the overwhelming majority of them will even tell you that you are in fact afraid of them. It's a tactic to immediately make your "opponent" look wrong and irrational right out of the box.

Millions of people are against millions of things - but how many are described as "phobias"? Why only a tiny handful of things described as such?

It takes one second to call someone "homophobic" and it would take about 1 1/2 seconds to say "someone against homosexuality". It's not just a way of saying something, it has intent.

Palin Rider
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Are you opposed to the use of the word "xenophobia" to label someone who dislikes foreigners?

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
This was another thread lost yesterday in the downtime. In summary, I started the thread to find out why it's necessary to vilify people by making it sound as if they are "afraid" of things or actions when that is not the case. Gaffer had it right, I believe, when he stated that they should just call those people bigots - which I acknowledged was acceptable to me. Pagan and Noir missed the message and chose to immediately jump on the long standing argument of what rights a queer deserves and what they're being denied. Psychoblues vomited in his 2 cents not long before the board failure.

You guys can continue to turn this into a debate about "rights", but if you remember the point of the opening post, you would remember it was about WHY people are being labeled things they are not.

Well please allow me to vomit in just a little more, jimbo. YOU said that the "vast majority" of this nation was opposed to offering equal rights to homosexuals. I said that is not true and nationwide propensities in legislation and demonstrated attitudes proves that out. You are somehow upset that the military will soon allow homosexuals to serve openly within the ranks. 75% of the people that matter in that equation, the Troops themselves, disagree with your feelings but you certainly have a right to them.

You claimed that the homosexuals were somehow wanting or was it demanding something from you that you don't want to give up. WRONG. They do not want a thing from you, not even your acknowledgment of them. What they do want is the same rights that you and I enjoy from the government that controls those rights and guarantees them to all of us. I understand this may be a bit above your cluefulness and like you I generally mistrust the government anyway. After all, they once allowed slavery, denied women the right to vote and a very vast host of other misguided and inappropriate approaches to public policy. That is another subject.

You claim you are not "phobic". I very strongly disagree with you jimbo. In fact every word you write and allude to on this board indicates to me that you are terrified by homosexuals. Your OP yesterday and now your OP today of the same subject indicates a strong propensity on your part to obsess over homosexuality and rant inexplicably in a weak attempt to cover your own shortcomings and misunderstandings about the subject. Open your mind and get an education, jimbo. It does wonders in solving the epidemic of ignorance.

Another poster, I think it was Pagan but I am not certain of that, mentioned that phobias are rooted in hate and ignorance. I agree with that observation.

Love :laugh2:

Psychoblues

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Well please allow me to vomit in just a little more, jimbo. YOU said that the "vast majority" of this nation was opposed to offering equal rights to homosexuals. I said that is not true and nationwide propensities in legislation and demonstrated attitudes proves that out.

How about the fact that every time homo marriage has come up for a vote to the PEOPLE, it has mostly been shoved back into the closet. 5 states allow queer marriage and all 5 were through legislation and courts. Last I heard there were 39 states that have outlawed it. Do the math!

You are somehow upset that the military will soon allow homosexuals to serve openly within the ranks. 75% of the people that matter in that equation, the Troops themselves, disagree with your feelings but you certainly have a right to them.
Link? Proof?

You claim you are not "phobic". I very strongly disagree with you jimbo. In fact every word you write and allude to on this board indicates to me that you are terrified by homosexuals. Your OP yesterday and now your OP today of the same subject indicates a strong propensity on your part to obsess over homosexuality and rant inexplicably in a weak attempt to cover your own shortcomings and misunderstandings about the subject. Open your mind and get an education, jimbo. It does wonders in solving the epidemic of ignorance.
Thanks for giving me a visual on what happens to the brain through repeated abuse of alcohol.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Are you opposed to the use of the word "xenophobia" to label someone who dislikes foreigners?

I'm opposed to labeling ANYONE afraid of something when what they really are is just against it.

I'd MUCH rather immigrants come in the front door 100% legally. I completely detest the illegals, which are by definition "foreigners" - so I guess that means I am afraid of them. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
What is the difference between labeling someone as a "queer" and labeling someone as a "teabagger"? Both are epithets meant as ridicule, derision and disrespect.

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
How about the fact that every time homo marriage has come up for a vote to the PEOPLE, it has mostly been shoved back into the closet. 5 states allow queer marriage and all 5 were through legislation and courts. Last I heard there were 39 states that have outlawed it. Do the math!

Link? Proof?

Thanks for giving me a visual on what happens to the brain through repeated abuse of alcohol.

Homosexual marriage will someday become the law in this nation. No question about it. And lots of other rights will be also available to the homosexuals whether you or I like it or not. Personally, I don't have a problem with the queers getting a shot at equal rights and treatment under the law. I believe only those afraid of them, the queers, would protest the expansion of equal rights to include them.

Just what is your opinion on the military service of open homosexuals, jimbo? Maybe I did overstep that one a bit and I beg your forgiveness. You do have to admit, however, that as ridiculous and homophobic as it is most posters on this site are against the military service of open homos.

Your allusion to my drinking is just a cheap shot, jimbo. Seriously, cowgirl, I really did think better of you than that. You actually have no clue as to my use or non-use of alcohol or of any attitude that I might truly have about it's use or non-use.

Let me repeat that paragraph to you and perhaps you can be just a bit more sensible and credible with a response.

Psychoblues said: You claim you are not "phobic". I very strongly disagree with you jimbo. In fact every word you write and allude to on this board indicates to me that you are terrified by homosexuals. Your OP yesterday and now your OP today of the same subject indicates a strong propensity on your part to obsess over homosexuality and rant inexplicably in a weak attempt to cover your own shortcomings and misunderstandings about the subject. Open your mind and get an education, jimbo. It does wonders in solving the epidemic of ignorance."

You are correct. I am ignorant about how to post partial quotes and I didn't want to repeat the entire post.

Anyways, I didn't mean to vomit in your senseless ranting and display of ignorance and fear. Please carry on.

Psychoblues

Palin Rider
11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm opposed to labeling ANYONE afraid of something when what they really are is just against it.Understandable, but in reality that's how our language has evolved in this case.

Look for synonyms for "phobia" in any thesaurus and you'll find things like aversion, antipathy, hostility, etc.

I'd MUCH rather immigrants come in the front door 100% legally. I completely detest the illegals, which are by definition "foreigners" - so I guess that means I am afraid of them. :rolleyes:I'd much rather that, too. Of course, not all foreigners are immigrants, let alone in the country illegally. :salute:

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
What is the difference between labeling someone as a "queer" and labeling someone as a "teabagger"? Both are epithets meant as ridicule, derision and disrespect.

A queer is what many homosexuals call themselves. You won't find many in the Tea Party corner referring to themselves as "tea baggers".

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Homosexual marriage will someday become the law in this nation. No question about it. And lots of other rights will be also available to the homosexuals whether you or I like it or not. Personally, I don't have a problem with the queers getting a shot at equal rights and treatment under the law. I believe only those afraid of them, the queers, would protest the expansion of equal rights to include them.

Just what is your opinion on the military service of open homosexuals, jimbo? Maybe I did overstep that one a bit and I beg your forgiveness. You do have to admit, however, that as ridiculous and homophobic as it is most posters on this site are against the military service of open homos.

Your allusion to my drinking is just a cheap shot, jimbo. Seriously, cowgirl, I really did think better of you than that. You actually have no clue as to my use or non-use of alcohol or of any attitude that I might truly have about it's use or non-use.

Let me repeat that paragraph to you and perhaps you can be just a bit more sensible and credible with a response.

Psychoblues said: You claim you are not "phobic". I very strongly disagree with you jimbo. In fact every word you write and allude to on this board indicates to me that you are terrified by homosexuals. Your OP yesterday and now your OP today of the same subject indicates a strong propensity on your part to obsess over homosexuality and rant inexplicably in a weak attempt to cover your own shortcomings and misunderstandings about the subject. Open your mind and get an education, jimbo. It does wonders in solving the epidemic of ignorance."

You are correct. I am ignorant about how to post partial quotes and I didn't want to repeat the entire post.

Anyways, I didn't mean to vomit in your senseless ranting and display of ignorance and fear. Please carry on.

Psychoblues

Address the stats about the States voting on gay marriage, and provide me the source for your statement about the military personnel - and then we can discuss...

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Understandable, but in reality that's how our language has evolved in this case.

Look for synonyms for "phobia" in any thesaurus and you'll find things like aversion, antipathy, hostility, etc.

None of that makes it correct. Phobia refers to "fear" and those using it know damn well. The way it's stated will take no more time to say and no more paper if it's written - but "against homosexuality" & "homophobe" portray 2 totally different things to the reader.

I'd much rather that, too. Of course, not all foreigners are immigrants, let alone in the country illegally. :salute:

But even if I were against legal immigrants, which I'm not, that wouldn't make me afraid of them.

Palin Rider
11-17-2010, 04:39 PM
None of that makes it correct. Phobia refers to "fear" and those using it know damn well. The way it's stated will take no more time to say and no more paper if it's written - but "against homosexuality" & "homophobe" portray 2 totally different things to the reader.

There was definitely some thought to "spin" when the word homophobia was coined in the late 1950s. Doesn't mean it's incorrect to say that phobia can refer to emotions other than fear.

To some degree, correct language is how the native speakers use it. 100 years ago, you wouldn't dare end a sentence with a preposition; now the textbooks say it's fine. Things like this are always in flux. So if you don't like the word, don't use it and hope it dies out. :)

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Address the stats about the States voting on gay marriage, and provide me the source for your statement about the military personnel - and then we can discuss...

The strong propensity in this nation to expand the equal rights to homosexuals is now simple common knowledge. There continues to be some resistance but from all that I have researched it is coming from the willfully ignorant crowd that are easily stirred up and rebel roused by the idiots that choose to spend their time drumming up that kind of hatred and fear only to expand their own power with which they will exploit and propagandize. To intimate that homosexuals are losing their fight for equal rights and treatment under the law is simple folly and in the dreams of the haters and the ignorant. Remember what hate and ignorance beget!!!!!!!!

I apologized to you for stating that you had a problem with homos serving in the military. Do I need to repeat that to you? As far as the stats go it is being widely reported, even on the FauxNoise channel and others that the report on the acceptance of homosexuals within the ranks of the military are about 75% positive. I guess I could look it up for you but surely you've already seen it!!!!!

jimbo, obviously your attitude towards me has changed. You're still you and I'm still me. I've certainly changed some of my attitudes and learned a lot here on this board. To say that I've been mistreated here would be an understatement but I continue to have friends here with whom I speak and subjects here that I like to read about and discuss.

If you don't want to talk about these issues then why do you post about them exposing your otherwise inexplicable feelings and revealing your absolute vileness and hate towards a significant portion of our society? I'm not trying to pick your brain or trap you into anything but it looks like your paranoia is getting the better of you, jimbo.

I asked you to readdress a subject posited earlier in this conversation and you answer it with this kind of nonsensical and unacceptable remark/response?

Maybe if you got just a tad more honest with yourself and subsequently you could with me then we can discuss. Eh?

Psychoblues

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
There was definitely some thought to "spin" when the word homophobia was coined in the late 1950s. Doesn't mean it's incorrect to say that phobia can refer to emotions other than fear.

To some degree, correct language is how the native speakers use it. 100 years ago, you wouldn't dare end a sentence with a preposition; now the textbooks say it's fine. Things like this are always in flux. So if you don't like the word, don't use it and hope it dies out. :)

If this were the case, the "phobia" would be used in conjunction with tons of other cases where people disagree with something. It's only used ijn certain instances to ridicule the opponent and paint them in a different light.

There are so many instances where people disagree with me politically, and it would be ridiculous of me to address them as their opponents stance with "phobe" on the end. - taxaphobe, governmentaphobe, drivingaphobe, liberalaphobe, conservaphobe...

See how stupid it looks when you replace someone being against something with being afraid of it? Yet I can make the same "argument" as you in defense of them being appropriate wordings.

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 04:54 PM
The strong propensity in this nation to expand the equal rights to homosexuals is now simple common knowledge. There continues to be some resistance but from all that I have researched it is coming from the willfully ignorant crowd that are easily stirred up and rebel roused by the idiots that choose to spend their time drumming up that kind of hatred and fear only to expand their own power with which they will exploit and propagandize. To intimate that homosexuals are losing their fight for equal rights and treatment under the law is simple folly and in the dreams of the haters and the ignorant. Remember what hate and ignorance beget!!!!!!!!

I apologized to you for stating that you had a problem with homos serving in the military. Do I need to repeat that to you? As far as the stats go it is being widely reported, even on the FauxNoise channel and others that the report on the acceptance of homosexuals within the ranks of the military are about 75% positive. I guess I could look it up for you but surely you've already seen it!!!!!

jimbo, obviously your attitude towards me has changed. You're still you and I'm still me. I've certainly changed some of my attitudes and learned a lot here on this board. To say that I've been mistreated here would be an understatement but I continue to have friends here with whom I speak and subjects here that I like to read about and discuss.

If you don't want to talk about these issues then why do you post about them exposing your otherwise inexplicable feelings and revealing your absolute vileness and hate towards a significant portion of our society? I'm not trying to pick your brain or trap you into anything but it looks like your paranoia is getting the better of you, jimbo.

I asked you to readdress a subject posited earlier in this conversation and you answer it with this kind of nonsensical and unacceptable remark/response?

Maybe if you got just a tad more honest with yourself and subsequently you could with me then we can discuss. Eh?

Psychoblues

Address the issues and supply links to backup your statements. I love you, buddy, and your Busch, but you're wrong as usual and your twisting to get away from providing statistics is laughable.

Palin Rider
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
If this were the case, the "phobia" would be used in conjunction with tons of other cases where people disagree with something. It's only used ijn certain instances to ridicule the opponent and paint them in a different light.I never said that phobia was meant to describe disagreement; it's always had more emotional implications.

There are so many instances where people disagree with me politically, and it would be ridiculous of me to address them as their opponents stance with "phobe" on the end. - taxaphobe, governmentaphobe, drivingaphobe, liberalaphobe, conservaphobe...
All I had to do was a 2-minute Google search to find several examples of "taxophobia" and even "liberalphobe" in the political press.

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Address the issues and supply links to backup your statements. I love you, buddy, and your Busch, but you're wrong as usual and your twisting to get away from providing statistics is laughable.

You, jimbo, are not anything like you once were. You don't like the responses I've given and you, like some others here on this board, want to relegate the conversation to chasing the ol' wild goose. You started this thread regurgitating your inexplicable fears and ignorance of the homosexual community and even went so far as to express your uncalled for characterization of my participation up to that point as "vomit" and all that is opinion and simple conversation.

You're not being honest with yourself, jimbo, and you're certainly not being honest with me. If you have a credible thing to say in this respect I'd like to hear it. You are certainly not addressing the personal problem that you seem to be reaching out to grasp and share if not for advise then at least for information. I'm willing to talk about all of it with you, jimmy, but you have to be willing to do your part, or is that too much to ask of you? I understand if it is. I've been there, too.

btw, jimbo, it's been a very long time since I've had a Busch or anything alcoholic to drink. My thing now is Dr. Pepper and coffee. It makes it easier to keep my mind right, don't you know?

Psychoblues

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
You, jimbo, are not anything like you once were. You don't like the responses I've given and you, like some others here on this board, want to relegate the conversation to chasing the ol' wild goose. You started this thread regurgitating your inexplicable fears and ignorance of the homosexual community and even went so far as to express your uncalled for characterization of my participation up to that point as "vomit" and all that is opinion and simple conversation.

You're not being honest with yourself, jimbo, and you're certainly not being honest with me. If you have a credible thing to say in this respect I'd like to hear it. You are certainly not addressing the personal problem that you seem to be reaching out to grasp and share if not for advise then at least for information. I'm willing to talk about all of it with you, jimmy, but you have to be willing to do your part, or is that too much to ask of you? I understand if it is. I've been there, too.

btw, jimbo, it's been a very long time since I've had a Busch or anything alcoholic to drink. My thing now is Dr. Pepper and coffee. It makes it easier to keep my mind right, don't you know?

Psychoblues

In other words, you cannot backup your made up statements. Just as I thought.

Have a Dr. Pepper for me! My favorite drink in the world but gave it up in the hopes of maintaining my weight!

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I never said that phobia was meant to describe disagreement; it's always had more emotional implications.

All I had to do was a 2-minute Google search to find several examples of "taxophobia" and even "liberalphobe" in the political press.

No surprise, the tactic of vilifying your opponent off the bat is nothing new.

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
In other words, you cannot backup your made up statements. Just as I thought.

Have a Dr. Pepper for me! My favorite drink in the world but gave it up in the hopes of maintaining my weight!

Sure I can back it up, jimbo. That's not the point though, is it? You got your panties in a wad worrying about the queers and decided to start a thread whining about how some folk might view you as a homophobe. I had only mildly suspected it before but now I am firmly convinced that you are scared shitless of the queers. That's just a damned fact and you don't know how to deal with it.

There is help available for you but you have to be honest with yourself, your providers and your version of your higher power. I hope that helps you, jimbo. You know I love ya!!!!!!!

btw, Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't taste diet and I find it delightful and easy on the weight as well!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I just remembered something else that was proposed yesterday by I think Mr. P and he was accused of offering up "shit" if I remember the conversation correctly. His concern was that he would like to see studied people like psychologists, psychiatrists and other specialists in this homophobic phenomenon discuss why a thread like this was created and the thinking of the person that created it and then the thinking of those that supported that kind of illogical premise and consequently perpetuate the thread and the thought process with that support. Or maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I think that was the gist of the question posed by I still believe Mr. P.

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I just remembered something else that was proposed yesterday by I think Mr. P and he was accused of offering up "shit" if I remember the conversation correctly. His concern was that he would like to see studied people like psychologists, psychiatrists and other specialists in this homophobic phenomenon discuss why a thread like this was created and the thinking of the person that created it and then the thinking of those that supported that kind of illogical premise and consequently perpetuate the thread and the thought process with that support. Or maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but I think that was the gist of the question posed by I still believe Mr. P.

Psychoblues Yep it was me and that is an accurate recall of the post. Interestingly, when this thread started again today I did find some info along those lines written by pros. It was very long and I just dropped it...can't find it now but sorry to say, Jim, you do fit in one of several defined groups of Homophobes. I should of posted it but didn't want to stress ya out, man.

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Yep it was me and that is an accurate recall of the post. Interestingly, when this thread started again today I did find some info along those lines written by pros. It was very long and I just dropped it...can't find it now but sorry to say, Jim, you do fit in one of several defined groups of Homophobes. I should of posted it but didn't want to stress ya out, man.

I was hoping I wasn't imagining things, Pee!!!!!!!!!

How ya doing lately? As usual I appreciate your keen observations and quick getting to the nitty gritty of the subject at large!!!!!!!!!

Later Alligator

Psychoblues

jimnyc
11-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Any other drunks like to post today? :coffee:

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 08:34 PM

You drinking again, jimbo? Knowing that you suffer from Manic Depression and are probably on meds for that the alcohol is quite dangerous for you. I would expect that you would be more welcome to the sober thoughts of people like me, or Mr. P, or Pagan or of many others that post here, recognize your overwhelming phobias and are willing to help you through them. Professional help would probably be much better but even novices like many of us is better than suffering on your on and without a clue as to how to proceed.

Just a thought, jimbo.

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Jesus! Jim, WTF has gotten into you? :slap:

Pagan
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Jesus! Jim, WTF has gotten into you? :slap:

Reality hit that he's got a Needle Dick and none of the Penis Enlargement deals on the Internet work :lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh:

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Reality hit that he's got a Needle Dick and none of the Penis Enlargement deals on the Internet work :lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh:

Do you think he might be going homo to keep from enduring the embarrassment he must feel as he exposes himself to the opposite sex? I've read that many that have lived in that heavy of a closeted life experience what jimbo must be feeling now. Hanging onto all that confusion, anger, self loathing, etc. must be seriously taking it's toll.

Just sayin'.

Psychoblues

Pagan
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Do you think he might be going homo to keep from enduring the embarrassment he must feel as he exposes himself to the opposite sex? I've read that many that have lived in that heavy of a closeted life experience what jimbo must be feeling now. Hanging onto all that confusion, anger, self loathing, etc. must be seriously taking it's toll.

Just sayin'.

Psychoblues

Nah, I just think it's a case of "Needle Dick" :lol::laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
they seem to pigeon hole complex issues into simplex bumper sticker slogans.

Im sure hate, and fear, are related, and are intertwined.

But im still confused, on what makes someone, decide, or have a visceral reaction to dislike, hate, or fear someone based on race, sexual orientation or other.

???

actsnoblemartin
11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
someone is a firm believer in god.

Therefore, they take direction 1: gay is abomination

or, take direction 2: god made everybody everyone in his image

same book, different result

two questions: what if your wrong, and god says gays bad, or gays good?

what then?, we cant text him.

no facebook or twitter either

I think, that would be interesting to ask him, and also

is the bible literal word of god or figurative stories that are more meant for life lessons

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
they seem to pigeon hole complex issues into simplex bumper sticker slogans.

Im sure hate, and fear, are related, and are intertwined.

But im still confused, on what makes someone, decide, or have a visceral reaction to dislike, hate, or fear someone based on race, sexual orientation or other.

???

Good luck figuring any of that out, marteen. The typical homophobe is not aware of his own fears, hate and even misunderstandings about homosexuality. In fact most of them adamantly deny their fears, inexplicable anger and unjustified hate towards the fags but they more than expose themselves with their actions, words and body language. Even in the case of this particular conversation it is very clear that we have at lease one very seriously afflicted homophobe and he is not budging in his denial. That is very common. Complex? Absolutely but not difficult to spot or interpret with only average critical thinking skills.

Howz Miss Andrea treatin' ya?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 11:17 PM
someone is a firm believer in god.

Therefore, they take direction 1: gay is abomination

or, take direction 2: god made everybody everyone in his image

same book, different result

two questions: what if your wrong, and god says gays bad, or gays good?

what then?, we cant text him.

no facebook or twitter either

I think, that would be interesting to ask him, and also

is the bible literal word of god or figurative stories that are more meant for life lessons

You ask comprehensive questions, marteen. I'll do my best to address them as far as I can understand them.

There are many interpretations of "GOD", marteen. In just the Protestant section of the Christian religion there are over 10,000 denominations each different than the other and each believing or emphasizing certain things. In other words, there seems to be if only slightly a bit of a difference of opinion as to the meaning of God within them. jAnd it doesn't stop there. What about the Catholics and their thousands of priesthoods and particular belief/teaching systems? Then there are the many versions of the Jews and on and on. These are just suggestions as to the complexities of the Judeo/Christian religions. Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, the obscurists all over the world, what about their considerations of God?

Your possible belief that gayness is an abomination or that God made all of us in his image is interesting. I simply have to accept that God, whatever His part in all of this, made homosexuals. I believe they are what they are and for whatever reason are not wired up sexually in the same way I am. Some call them deviants. I would suggest there are all kinds of sexual deviants that I would view just as queer as the homosexual crowd. There is the S&M bunch, the little squirrely bastards that like to hide in the closet and watch their wives fuck and suck other men, the others that like to join in as their wives fuck and suck other men, the ladies that are into the all is ok anytime anywhere come freaks as I call them. One thing is for certain. Allowing myself to obsess and rant and hate and deny my own feelings about the actions and activities of any of these "deviants" exposes me as the one with the problem. Other than the S&M bunch the activities of most all of these people is not illegal and is none of my business, are you getting my drift, marteen?

You talk about talking about whatever with God and I propose that as a personal relationship that you may or may not have Him. I have my relationship and you yours. I don't think they will be the same.

You ask about the bible. Which bible and which interpretation are you referring? Thousands upon thousands are available to you. My general attitude is that the Holy Bible in the Judeo/Christian sense was written men, many, many men, reinterpreted by many other men, compiled by even other men and called the word of God by some and the absolute word of God by others and plain mythology and superstition by others and a million interpretations in between all that. Take what YOU belive, marteen, and go with it. It is the best that God can expect of you and that you can expect of yourself.

We can talk a lot more about this, marteen, but I'm getting writers cramp!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

11-17-2010, 11:49 PM
We lost the other thread? I had a really good comment there... i just wish i could remember it.

Psychoblues
11-17-2010, 11:59 PM
We lost the other thread? I had a really good comment there... i just wish i could remember it.

I think you were cheering jimbo on, a21, about how righteous and correct he was being so obsessed and fearful of the queers. But, I may be mistaken. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Psychoblues

REDWHITEBLUE2
11-18-2010, 01:04 AM
I personally don't have ANY fear of Queers
I just think they are Disgusting Perverted Freaks of Nature

Psychoblues
11-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Nah, I just think it's a case of "Needle Dick" :lol::laugh2:

pagan, I realize that right now we are joking and cajoling jimbo just a bit but this really is a serious topic and I'm glad jimmy brought it up. This is not simply a matter of who is a homophobe and who isn't, it's a matter of our American sense of values. Like you, I believe, I fall on the side of more freedom and more liberty for our population rather than the denial of the same to anyone. I have absolutely no clue as to why anyone is so obsessed with homosexuals, so obviously angry, hateful and fearful of them that they would start a thread not once but twice demonstrating their complete denial of how they really feel and that manifesting itself into linguistic nitpicking and then on to further denials and avoidance of the what is actually going on mentally if not physical handwringing, gnashing of teeth, pacing the floor, you know the general antics of the crazies that obsess over such things.

I've been knowing jimmy for a long time now and I am truly worried about his mental well being. And there are others here that feel the same way I do. jimbo is a pretty good guy most of the time even if he is inexplicably mad at me right now. I wish him only the best and I hope you do as well.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
11-18-2010, 03:03 AM
my problem with labels is, how does one truly know another man's heart.

Plus, its a very slippery slope.

One minute, we think we have all the evidence, and we could be completely wrong, because we dont know all the facts: I.E. life experiences and feelings that come up.

Not that im arguing, or un-validating your perceptions.

I havent paid enough attention to this thread, to be honest.

I just think one can not support homosexuality and not neccesarily fear it.

For example, people label others racist, or sexist, when they really havent a clue, how much a person, might be a loving person.

just a thought

Psychoblues
11-18-2010, 03:39 AM
my problem with labels is, how does one truly know another man's heart.

Plus, its a very slippery slope.

One minute, we think we have all the evidence, and we could be completely wrong, because we dont know all the facts: I.E. life experiences and feelings that come up.

Not that im arguing, or un-validating your perceptions.

I havent paid enough attention to this thread, to be honest.

I just think one can not support homosexuality and not neccesarily fear it.

For example, people label others racist, or sexist, when they really havent a clue, how much a person, might be a loving person.

just a thought

Loving persons can also be quite racist or sexist or homophobic, marteen. Everything has a nomenclature, a name, an identity, a label if you will. There is no need to misinterpret that. It is how we communicate.

You are correct, marteen, I think. I don't believe for a moment that all people that abhor homosexuality are fearful of it or them. I am, however, convinced that those who obsess over them or the concept and reveal their obsessions with quite public and visually recognizable hate, anger, denial, discrimination and other signs and clues are certainly homophobic but they just don't understand their own feelings. I made note yesterday in the first go round with jimbo on this subject that it was clear that something had "tripped his trigger" as it was very evident he was experiencing a lot of stress, hate, anger, obsession, etc. and I didn't believe he was at all in full contact with his true feelings and why he felt the way he did. I was immediately accused of contributing "shit" as were several others in that original thread. It hasn't been much better today.

I don't claim to ever fully know anyone's heart, marteen, but I do know what I see and I do have some critical thinking skills even if only elementary and I do have some compassion in my own heart for the fears, shortcomings, desperations, desires, hungers for understanding, I hope you get what I'm attempting to say to you, marteen.

jimbo may not agree right now but I consider him a friend. We are not as close as we once were and that I don't believe is my fault but nonetheless I still consider jimbo a friend and I would defend him and help him in any way that I could.

Read through the thread, marteen. It is indeed interesting if only for the purpose of reflection of your own feelings.

Psychoblues