PDA

View Full Version : Obama's opportunity to be the decider

red states rule
11-19-2010, 07:22 PM
In Mr Robinson's world the voters are right now (like the US Constitution) a hinderence to the Obama agenda.

In Mr Robinson's world the voters to to da** stupid to appreciate Obama's (and the lefts) moral and intellectual superiority

In Mr Robinson's world it too difficult for someone of Pres Obama's superior intelligence to explain the complex issues to the uneducated, uninformed, unwashed masses

So the only option is for Pres Obama to make those decisions for us since we are incapable of making those decisons on our own

After all, in Mr Robinson's world it is for our own good

That is the fantasy world liberals like Mr Robinson and Pres Obama live in

President Obama is being inundated with contradictory advice on what to do next, now that his party is losing its majority in the House and will have weaker control of the Senate. Most of the punditocracy's counsel centers on how Obama should greet the strengthened and emboldened Republican opposition.

With a defiant, Churchillian vow to fight in the committees, on the beaches, etc., but "never surrender" to the encroaching hordes? With a broad smile and an invitation to join hands in bipartisan compromise, and perhaps a singalong around the campfire? With a somewhat less genuine smile and a series of maneuvers, in concert with the Democratic leaders in Congress, that forces congressional Republicans to cast politically difficult votes?

For what it's worth, my advice for Obama is to forget the Republicans. Not literally, of course - the new House leadership is going to make itself hard to ignore. But ultimately, it's the president who sets the agenda and who ultimately is held accountable for America's successes and failures. Obama's focus should be on using all the tools at his disposal to move the country in the direction he believes it must go.

A new report by the Center for American Progress - a think tank headed by John Podesta, former chief of staff to Bill Clinton - seeks to remind Obama that shepherding legislation through Congress is only one of the ways a president can get things done.

Presidents can issue executive orders, the report notes. They can use their rulemaking powers, working through federal agencies that already have broad mandates under law. They can forge public-private partnerships. They can shape world events through diplomacy and command of the armed forces.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/18/AR2010111804879.html

KarlMarx
11-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Obama is easily the most inept president in living memory.

1. The mishandling of the TSA screeners is just the latest go at just how incapable Obama is at being president. There is a simple solution to that... profile Moslems and people from the Middle East... there... problem solved. No more having to molest nuns and little old ladies in the name of national security

2. The BP Oil Spill... the Obama made the Bush Administration's response to Katrina seem like a jack rabbit on steroids

3. The economy... no, Obama didn't start the Great Recession... Obama just made the Great Recession even greater by implementing his version of the Great Society during a time when the private sector needed less government intrusion, not more

4. Obama has bowed to just about every leader in the world... he makes George Bush's mispronunciation of "nuclear" seem witty

I can't wait to see just how much more Obama screws himself into the ground once the new Congress is in session... it should make for great comedy

LuvRPgrl
11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Obama is easily the most inept president in living memory.

1. The mishandling of the TSA screeners is just the latest go at just how incapable Obama is at being president. There is a simple solution to that... profile Moslems and people from the Middle East... there... problem solved. No more having to molest nuns and little old ladies in the name of national security

2. The BP Oil Spill... the Obama made the Bush Administration's response to Katrina seem like a jack rabbit on steroids

3. The economy... no, Obama didn't start the Great Recession... Obama just made the Great Recession even greater by implementing his version of the Great Society during a time when the private sector needed less government intrusion, not more

4. Obama has bowed to just about every leader in the world... he makes George Bush's mispronunciation of "nuclear" seem witty

I can't wait to see just how much more Obama screws himself into the ground once the new Congress is in session... it should make for great comedy

Not to antagonize, but "in living memory" is very different for someone who is 18 and someone who is 65 (not me :)..)

I would go back to JC as the worst, Obama sure is challenging that.
JC, is not Jesus, but Jimmy "I cant ever shut my mouth" Carter.
And, it was almost the exact same situation that got Carter elected, and then do a 4 years and out.
The voters recoiled against the Republican party following the Watergate fiasco. A dem was going to be elected no matter who the Republicans ran.
The dems chose an inept J. Carter, who, although resoundly rejected 4 years later, continues to open his mouth unlike other former presidents, and its apparent he thinks he knows what is best for Americans even more than they know what they want for themselves.
Obama is mirroring Carter so much , its scary.

You are absolutely on the money with all of your points.

Kathianne
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Not to antagonize, but "in living memory" is very different for someone who is 18 and someone who is 65 (not me :)..)

I would go back to JC as the worst, Obama sure is challenging that.
JC, is not Jesus, but Jimmy "I cant ever shut my mouth" Carter.
And, it was almost the exact same situation that got Carter elected, and then do a 4 years and out.
The voters recoiled against the Republican party following the Watergate fiasco. A dem was going to be elected no matter who the Republicans ran.
The dems chose an inept J. Carter, who, although resoundly rejected 4 years later, continues to open his mouth unlike other former presidents, and its apparent he thinks he knows what is best for Americans even more than they know what they want for themselves.
Obama is mirroring Carter so much , its scary.

You are absolutely on the money with all of your points.

Hell Obama is giving James Buchanan a run for his money, usually the bottom chosen president by most historians. And no, that isn't in living memory. :laugh2:

red states rule
11-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Hell Obama is giving James Buchanan a run for his money, usually the bottom chosen president by most historians. And no, that isn't in living memory. :laugh2:

http://images2.cpcache.com/product/437279122v1_480x480_Front.jpg